There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

So, it was just the six items (changing every two hours...)

• PerttiA said:

So, it was just the six items (changing every two hours...)

I picked up the weapons, I figured I could use them somewhere. Already have a couple of conference rooms, and none of the G9 figures really jumped out as a must buy. Still happy to pick something up for (paperboy voice) twoooooo dollaaaaaarsssssss!
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717
    edited July 9

Blando Calrissian said:

Also a little weird that Daz planned a sale that was "two things for sale every two hours" but didn't actually have twelve things to sell.

I thought that, too, but given the generally-not-as-advertised timing of the changeovers I wonder if there was a coding error somewhere.

Post edited by SilverGirl on

Not impressed with todays offers so far... Even with one of the monthly coupons and 8 tokens, I can only get the cart down to 86% off.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Did I miss them, or are there no new Daz+ items today?

caravelle said:

Jack Tomalin said they will be out tomorrow. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

Jack Tomalin said they will be out tomorrow. 

Thank you, PerttiA!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

For everyone who has been upset by G9's breast areas, especially the males', what do you think about https://www.daz3d.com/sfd-breast-and-chest-morph-kit-for-genesis-9--merchant-resource?

I ask because I am not a male and have not had issues with G9's breasts.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

For everyone who has been upset by G9's breast areas, especially the males', what do you think about https://www.daz3d.com/sfd-breast-and-chest-morph-kit-for-genesis-9--merchant-resource?

There are quite a few different tools for making different adjustments, but that one (to me) looks like it could simplify some adjustments folks would want to make. I have not bought it, but I was interested enough to add it to my wish list. I like making characters like this. If Victoria and Harlow had a kid, as an adult what would he/she look like? I then mix the morphs leaning heavy towards the gender the kid is, then use other morphs to make corrections pushing back towards masculine or feminine. Then for the character as a kid, leverage the youth morph sets, and make adjustments. I wish instead of just head and body morphs they were broken down into regions like eyes, nose, jawline, ears, etc so it would be easier to do something like he has mostly his father's features, but his mom's nose and ears.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

XiousDs said:

memcneil70 said:

There are quite a few different tools for making different adjustments, but that one (to me) looks like it could simplify some adjustments folks would want to make. I have not bought it, but I was interested enough to add it to my wish list. I like making characters like this. If Victoria and Harlow had a kid, as an adult what would he/she look like? I then mix the morphs leaning heavy towards the gender the kid is, then use other morphs to make corrections pushing back towards masculine or feminine. Then for the character as a kid, leverage the youth morph sets, and make adjustments. I wish instead of just head and body morphs they were broken down into regions like eyes, nose, jawline, ears, etc so it would be easier to do something like he has mostly his father's features, but his mom's nose and ears.

Thank you @XiousDs. I have it in my cart.

Have you bought or looked at Code66's https://www.daz3d.com/shapes-randomizer-for-genesis-9? It has the option to morphs from both male and female shapes together. Or with using on your parents, maybe adjust them with morph packages, save and then use the Base 9 shape and merge the shapes manually together. And of course, some features jump generations, so a child may have something that harkens back to something neither parent shows. And of course there is always the 'milkman' to explain away weirdness.

XiousDs said:

memcneil70 said:

Thank you @XiousDs. I have it in my cart.

Have you bought or looked at Code66's https://www.daz3d.com/shapes-randomizer-for-genesis-9? It has the option to morphs from both male and female shapes together. Or with using on your parents, maybe adjust them with morph packages, save and then use the Base 9 shape and merge the shapes manually together. And of course, some features jump generations, so a child may have something that harkens back to something neither parent shows. And of course there is always the 'milkman' to explain away weirdness.

don't have it yet, but it is in my wishlist. There really are so many things in my wishlist, I need to trim out many of the old characters since I am mostly using gen 9 now. Currently I have over 2k items in my wishlist. Lol Since I first started with Daz I have narrowed my focus mostly towards specific artist who allign with a realistic focus, the pro bundles, and tools. At first, my purchases were a bit more all over the place.
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

memcneil70 said:. And of course there is always the 'milkman' to explain away weirdness.

The Postman always rings twicedevil 

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Okay added a summer & Independance items to the kart

entered DOLLA-DEALS

Code invalid?

Mouser said:

entered DOLLA-DEALS

Code invalid?

That code only works on items from this selection: https://www.daz3d.com/value-bundle-deals#index=0&order=popular%5E1&filtered=1

With a summer or independence new release, you should be able to pick three from that curated selection.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

SilverGirl said:

Mouser said:

entered DOLLA-DEALS

Code invalid?

That code only works on items from this selection: https://www.daz3d.com/value-bundle-deals#index=0&order=popular%5E1&filtered=1

With a summer or independence new release, you should be able to pick three from that curated selection.

Yeah I also added them but still invalid code

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

Looking at the lighting deals without a major store wide sale really highlights how uninteresting they are normally.

Couple of things from my wishlist have popped up, but not remotely on 'sale' enough for me to pick up as they've been more than half that price before etc

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155
    edited July 10

That is a limitation of LD

Post edited by Torquinox on

theflarf said:

Looking at the lighting deals without a major store wide sale really highlights how uninteresting they are normally.

Yeah, makes me feel a less bummed out that nothing's coming up that even remotely interests me. I wait for stuff I *want* to get cheaper than that, I certainly am not paying it for dated V4 outfit textures. 

Torquinox said:

That is a limitation of LD

They would be more interesting if you could see all of them for you at the start of the day. As it is now I almost never check them anymore as I rarely see something I am interested in at all.
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

XiousDs said:

They would be more interesting if you could see all of them for you at the start of the day. As it is now I almost never check them anymore as I rarely see something I am interested in at all.

That would be a different game. The extra visits and time limits are what make it an LD. I wouldn't change it, except that times like now are sort of unattractive because the discounts are pretty poor compared to what's possible during a big sale.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Someone check on the marketing team, are they alright? 

Hylas said:

My immediate gut reaction was "Oh [expletive omitted] no. Gross. Hard pass."

I'm sure some people will really dig today's stuff. But I'm going to be selfish and say that I hope it's not many, so the sales numbers are bad enough that it doesn't encourage more.

• Hylas said:

What an odd editorial decision. I don't know what to think any longer. As a Brit, a very easy day - and possibly weekend - to skip.

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Hylas said:

What an odd editorial decision. I don't know what to think any longer. As a Brit, a very easy day - and possibly weekend - to skip.

As an American, today might have the greatest stacking sales in the world... but I'll never know it because frankly I couldn't stomach scrolling down far enough to find out.

• SilverGirl said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Hylas said:

As an American, today might have the greatest stacking sales in the world... but I'll never know it because frankly I couldn't stomach scrolling down far enough to find out.

I'm eating my morning porridge and had a whole body, motor-retch reaction. The discount text appeared missing in the time between then and the close button.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,836

What can we say? Political discussion is not allowed here.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

I have absolutely zero need for lookalike of the US presidential candidates (or any real life politician), but I must say the bobble head version made me laugh.

I could get some use of the founding fathers outfit or Joey's hair, so I might get those.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 335
    edited July 11

barbult said:

It's torture. I've never had to hard-swallow so many bad British puns in the space of 30 mins.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on

barbult said:

Which is one of the things I love about 'here.'  It's nice to escape all the (waves hands at everything) just be an artist among other artists for a while.

I'm with @ainm.sloinneadh on that whole-body, motor-retch reaction.

But I suppose I shouldn't be shocked. If they're going to release a lot of president-themed environments (which was off-putting enough), I guess it's inevitable that they'd release recognizable people to go in them.

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 118

Only redeeming thing is that they're G9, so you can lingerie them up without conversion. Only with someone else's money.

There was no accounting for taste today...