There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 118

Lots of bundles I never picked up in that $3.99 sale, and the top-hat discounts were super generous today too.

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 300
    edited July 17

Umm, what exactly is on sale for the 80% off Gen8 blowout sale?

The Top 200 Categories are primarily Gen9 products, and when I place the Gen8 ones in my cart, they are the normal sale price (with coupon).

Maybe a missing link?

Disregard.  The TOP-200 is the $3.99 coupon and TOP-HATS is the 80% off coupon.

Post edited by Write Idea on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...hmmm, yeah.  I open the top 200 sales and they all mainly feature G9 items. 

So where are the is the G8 "Blowout" sale items?

Indeed, seems we are missing a link.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

I like the idea behind the "In Style"/"Versus" type of products. Always good to have options for some additional texturing.

It does shows how poor of a tool the storefront is though, there us virtually no way of filtering these out or at least an easy way to tell which one require products outsid of store without going into each and every one and checking the description, which is not always written in same way.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited July 17

Attractive discounts today! laugh

Reminder to myself: getting an entire bundle for $4 doesn't matter if you can't use any of the items in the bundle and/or if you already have very similar things in your library.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

It's fine with me if items offered in a G8 blowout sale are also compatible with G9, but it's not unreasonable to ask that they be compatible with G8.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited July 17

kyoto kid said:

You should not let your intense hatred for Genesis 9 cloud your judgement so much: with 14 items for Genesis 9, a 200 items selection is not in any definition of the word mainly featuring G9 items.

Post edited by Elor on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited July 17

While there are quite a few hair and clothing options, when it comes to characters there are very few with about 16 Genesis 8 / 8.1 in total.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Maybe they mixed the name between the Grab Bag sale and the blowout sales.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

kyoto kid said:

So where are the is the G8 "Blowout" sale items?

Indeed, seems we are missing a link.

Reported it, thank you

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Hylas said:

Reminder to myself: getting an entire bundle for $4 doesn't matter if you can't use any of the items in the bundle and/or if you already have very similar things in your library.

I will finally get the red neck set i have been looking at for 2 years specifically cause I want the mullet. Lol
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Torquinox said:

https://www.daz3d.com/caldwell-and-the-aliens-for-genesis-9-mega-bundle for $3.99?! Thanks Daz!

Looks like quite a few nice surpraises there, as always recomending to order by high price ^^

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Torquinox said:

https://www.daz3d.com/caldwell-and-the-aliens-for-genesis-9-mega-bundle for $3.99?! Thanks Daz!

Oh wow, what a gorgeous selection for the sci-fi folks! Glad you're getting that deal!!

I'm contemplating the chuiuauas. It's a good deal, and they're cute... but I'm also not sure what I'd use them for. There are a couple cats in my story, but no dogs. Which is a shame because there are a lot of decent dogs available for DD8 but the most recent housecat is downright unnatural and I can't bring myself to buy him, even though there are no other options.

SilverGirl said:

even though there are no other options.

You should be able to find other options on other stores. I remember neither the place nor the name of the other cats, sorry: the Daz cat looks fine enough to my eyes (but I'm not a cat person).

edited July 17

Elor said:

SilverGirl said:

You should be able to find other options on other stores. I remember neither the place nor the name of the other cats, sorry: the Daz cat looks fine enough to my eyes (but I'm not a cat person).

The Daz cat has weird, dead-looking eyes. When I'm putting so much effort into getting everything else as close to natural/photo-realistic as I can, the quality of the cat clashes. A lot.

Should have clarified that there are no other options at Daz, although IMHO none of the other stores' offerings are significantly better (though or a variety of reasons, I'm not keen on using the other stores). 

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

SilverGirl said:

Elor said:

SilverGirl said:

The Daz cat has weird, dead-looking eyes. When I'm putting so much effort into getting everything else as close to natural/photo-realistic as I can, the quality of the cat clashes. A lot.

Should have clarified that there are no other options at Daz, although IMHO none of the other stores' offerings are significantly better (though or a variety of reasons, I'm not keen on using the other stores). 

Yeah, the eyes are the main problem with all the cats that I know of, must be really difficult to get right. No wonder, cat's eyes are magical. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

SilverGirl said:

Torquinox said:

Oh wow, what a gorgeous selection for the sci-fi folks! Glad you're getting that deal!!

I'm contemplating the chuiuauas. It's a good deal, and they're cute... but I'm also not sure what I'd use them for. There are a couple cats in my story, but no dogs. Which is a shame because there are a lot of decent dogs available for DD8 but the most recent housecat is downright unnatural and I can't bring myself to buy him, even though there are no other options.

Thanks Silvergirl! 

Perhaps the chihuahuas will tell you how to use them in your stories? That happens to me sometimes. I have these items and it's as if the items tell me how I should use them.

Vyusur made some cats. People seem to like them. She's on other sites and on DA. There are probably cats at Rendo. Those would be older, though. The one time I played with a Daz-compatible kitty cat, I put demon wings on it. Mostly, I wanted to see if I could. Answer: Yes. cool

Tomhip said:

Torquinox said:

Looks like quite a few nice surpraises there, as always recomending to order by high price ^^

Agreed! For me, the Caldwell bundle knocked it out of the park.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Torquinox said:

Tomhip said:

Torquinox said:

Agreed! For me, the Caldwell bundle knocked it out of the park.

But all gone now. The banner disappeared and the coupon code is no longer valid nono 

Charlie Judge said:

But all gone now. The banner disappeared and the coupon code is no longer valid nono 

Sorry to hear. It was pretty cool!  

• CerragCerrag Posts: 248

Figures!  The banner expired at the weirdest time, 11:40 EST!  I had just finished loading my cart and didn't see the expiration date but even so,  WHY not 12 pm???  

Cerrag said:

Figures!  The banner expired at the weirdest time, 11:40 EST!  I had just finished loading my cart and didn't see the expiration date but even so,  WHY not 12 pm???  

Oh nuts... I missed that too!

...guess that solved my doggo question. I'll wishlist it, and... well, there's always another sale. 

The top-hats code appears to be flat 80% off, apparently no stacking with existing discounts. That's not as exciting as I first thought. Someone else might have already covered that?

Hylas said:

True, but sometimes stuff comes in handy.

Torquinox said:

I have wanted them years. Today I plan on getting them for $3.99!
    edited July 17

SilverGirl said:

Cerrag said:

Oh nuts... I missed that too!

...guess that solved my doggo question. I'll wishlist it, and... well, there's always another sale. 

[Bother]... The banner said today only and no specification of time. Everything I wanted is nolonger in the list... Guess I won't be getting the stuff now. :(

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited July 17
    Dang... they changed almost all of the sale selections. The stuff I was going to get from top-hat is no longer there either... Well I guess I get to save a bunch of the credit which I had not planned on spending yet.
    Post edited by XiousDs on

XiousDs said:

Dang... they changed almost all of the sale selections. The stuff I was going to get from top-hat is no longer there either...

Sometimes, you gotta get in early and grab the stuff right away. These things do happen! I've got some great deals that way and lost some by waiting, as well.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

Dang... they changed almost all of the sale selections. The stuff I was going to get from top-hat is no longer there either...

Sometimes, you gotta get in early and grab the stuff right away. These things do happen! I've got some great deals that way and lost some by waiting, as well.

Not to disagree, because yes, they happen. And sometimes getting stuff early is what can hurt you too, because later in the day some stacking offer appears. "Such is life Daz..."

But the fact that they happen is extremely unappealing to me as a customer. I had a cart of around $40 and was likely to add even more stuff to it, because of the appealing price and the excitement the offer had built. The changeover of the offer made me remove (on top of the now-inelligible items) half of my cart instantly and pretty much killed the excitement, because I'm looking at the rest of the cart and thinking that I'll just dump it all, because "I don't need more stuff"—there, the excitement gone and the spending mood killed. So from guaranteed $+40, Daz will likely get a $0 from me today. I wonder whether more income will be lost by removing those items than it would have been "lost" by selling them at such a low price.