DAZ Horse 3 - will there actually be any support this time?

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673
    edited December 2022

I think there's been a misunderstanding. There's no hidden thread with pics, it's on the product page of the sleigh bundle where you can find quite a few renders of the horse and all the other items as well. There are no single product pages as of yet, but I thought the sleigh bundle pictures gave one a pretty good idea of the contents. Maybe have a look there, if you haven't already.

Edit: Went and corrected my post in the sales thread about those pictures so as not to confuse anybody else. I had really written 'thread' there instead of 'product page', must have been a bit confused myself. Sorry folks!

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,278
    edited December 2022

I bought the bundle. My main incentive was the harness and reins. But the discount was indeed DEEP, so I am very happy about that.

What I am *hoping* is that the horse will also be able to use that tack. Not just the reindeer. That I will find out once I install it.

I will admit to be miffed that none of the items in the bundle have an individual product page that yu can go tho though.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,275

Yeah, the discount was so deep, I got it too. Plus I got two nice outfits I wanted for less than $1 and $2, because they were sold as Gen 8 bundles, so they got the high discount.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Do you have to install the items in the bundle manually? Are there instructions somewhere on how to install manually? I have minimal skill with Daz Studio.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,862

The items showed up immediately in DIM for me when I bought the bundle last night.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

well the way they are promoting it I am in no danger of buying it devil

I cannot even see renders by those who have as hidden in DAZ+ forum

I generally buy a single item from bundles if I want it (might have bought the sleigh) but they even stopped that 

no incentive at all maybe can grab it cheap in 6 months time

We are having upload problems also in the Daz+.

Here is a render if you are interested. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsLRJ6DzP9KIgbIssJ-LrreyTu69FA?e=GIPYUe ;

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

See if the forum lets me upload a render...

reindeer and sleigh.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 3M
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,373
    edited December 2022

The horsey

horsey.jpg
    1598 x 1251 - 257K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

woohoo got one to upload :)

Not a fantastic render, and only let it run 600 iterations, the snow was taking forever..I also didn't get Nick and his wife so no passengers for the sleigh. The cover story will be that they are in the toy shop for last minute special pick up. 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited December 2022

I got one to upload.

H3R.png
    1667 x 2697 - 3M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

I do have to say...the mane on Horse 3 is god-awful. And I can't seem to do anything to change its awfulness.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

mwokee said:

Do you have to install the items in the bundle manually? Are there instructions somewhere on how to install manually? I have minimal skill with Daz Studio.

You can install with DIM or manually. Are you on Windows or Mac?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

AllenArt said:

I do have to say...the mane on Horse 3 is god-awful. And I can't seem to do anything to change its awfulness.

In what way? "Awful" encompasses quite a lot.

edited December 2022

frank0314 said:

AllenArt said:

Someone said the forelocks look like a "Moe" haircut - they're right. I know you can take care of some of that in the surface settings with random length and all that, but it still looks weird. It stands up in a way that's a little unnatural and there's no setting that I've tried that makes it lie down more, so it sort of stands out from the body like it's made of stiff nylon bristles or something. We need something more like DA's mane and tail. I'll wait for that. While I'm at it, not crazy about the textured-in shading of the musles either. Overall, the shape just looks sort of "wrong", especially in the face (eye placement and direction is "off"). I don't want to complain TOO much because I paid a pittance for it, but I'm hoping for more soon ;)

Post edited by AllenArt on
    edited December 2022

Here are some of the horses side by side. You decide ;)

Horses.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 129K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited December 2022

AllenArt said:

frank0314 said:

AllenArt said:

Someone said the forelocks look like a "Moe" haircut - they're right. I know you can take care of some of that in the surface settings with random length and all that, but it still looks weird. It stands up in a way that's a little unnatural and there's no setting that I've tried that makes it lie down more, so it sort of stands out from the body like it's made of stiff nylon bristles or something. We need something more like DA's mane and tail. I'll wait for that. While I'm at it, not crazy about the textured-in shading of the musles either. Overall, the shape just looks sort of "wrong", especially in the face (eye placement and direction is "off"). I don't want to complain TOO much because I paid a pittance for it, but I'm hoping for more soon ;)

The mane looks all sorts of wrong...definite 'Moe' cut. There is something off about the body and I can't put my finger on what it is. And the poses...are...wow...like...just...wow...and that's not a good wow. There also needs to be some sort of morphs for the mane...it feels like there is a lot missing. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
    edited December 2022

AllenArt said:

Oof. HiveWire Horse still wins. 

• AlmightyQUEST said:

barbult said:

butterflyfish said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

What do you mean? There's nothing hidden in the DAZ+ forum that I can see. Unless I'm blind. 

Right now nobody can upload images to the forum, because it is broken. So nobody can post their renders here..

Pretty sure this is continuing on from another comment, it's a complaint that there may be a thread in the DAZ+ forums with a lot of people showing renders of the horse that aren't also posting them here. Whether this other thread exists or not I don't know.

yes I cannot look but people mentioned a thread on it yet no thread exists in the general forum

I of course have utterly no idea what is in that thread if anything

it also could be the upload issue that means I haven't seen people's renders 

anyway I tried it in the cart and the price actually dropped to a reasonable 28USD so there is that

so now I have to decide if I need it or not cheeky

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,032
    edited December 2022

AgitatedRiot said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well the way they are promoting it I am in no danger of buying it devil

I generally buy a single item from bundles if I want it (might have bought the sleigh) but they even stopped that 

no incentive at all maybe can grab it cheap in 6 months time

We are having upload problems also in the Daz+.

Here is a render if you are interested. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsLRJ6DzP9KIgbIssJ-LrreyTu69FA?e=GIPYUe ;

thanks heart 

and everyone else who shared renders, (multiquote difficult)
    and yeah I think Horse 2 still has enough life in it for me, the actual cart price not bad but do I really need it now? 

I do like the reindeer but I also am still thinking of one day buying Chris's Mule Deer addon, I know Harry works in Carrara and I would use Carrara hair

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,859

MelissaGT said:

melanie said:

I bought the sleigh bundle and the horse is included. I checked in DIM and it's ready to download and install. I don't really need most of the other things, but with a couple of other things in my cart, it brought the price of the Sleigh bundle down to $11.47, so I figured that was a huge bargain.

Oh neat - I didn't realize the horse is available now. I've been busy wrapping gifts all day...probably won't have time to look at it til tomorrow.  

The 50% discount and other related discounts are only for today the 24th, as far as I can read, so it might be a good idea to get it today.

edited December 2022

Taoz said:

MelissaGT said:

melanie said:

I bought the sleigh bundle and the horse is included. I checked in DIM and it's ready to download and install. I don't really need most of the other things, but with a couple of other things in my cart, it brought the price of the Sleigh bundle down to $11.47, so I figured that was a huge bargain.

Oh neat - I didn't realize the horse is available now. I've been busy wrapping gifts all day...probably won't have time to look at it til tomorrow.  

The 50% discount and other related discounts are only for today the 24th, as far as I can read, so it might be a good idea to get it today.

I did already buy it...not impressed. I really hope more comes out for it. 

I think it looks a bit like a Friesian with a terrible hair cut to me.

Can fix the hair cut, and hopefully someone makes new faces.

Just like people, they have unique faces.

MelissaGT said:

AllenArt said:

Agreed. Harry for the win ;) 

• adding the necromacer 8.1 bundle to the cart is only 18USD extra so very tempting

but I will pass as honestly no hurry and there is always another sale and I might even be DAZ+ by then too wink

I was more annoyed by the urgency and seemingly no dedicated thread 

but now I have seen some renders not overly impressed by the horse itself, may buy the sleigh nearer next Christmas

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

barbult said:

butterflyfish said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

What do you mean? There's nothing hidden in the DAZ+ forum that I can see. Unless I'm blind. 

Right now nobody can upload images to the forum, because it is broken. So nobody can post their renders here..

Pretty sure this is continuing on from another comment, it's a complaint that there may be a thread in the DAZ+ forums with a lot of people showing renders of the horse that aren't also posting them here. Whether this other thread exists or not I don't know.

yes I cannot look but people mentioned a thread on it yet no thread exists in the general forum

I of course have utterly no idea what is in that thread if anything

it also could be the upload issue that means I haven't seen people's renders 

anyway I tried it in the cart and the price actually dropped to a reasonable 28USD so there is that

so now I have to decide if I need it or not cheeky

Just for the record, there is no thread about the horse in the DAZ+ forum, pictures or otherwise.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,032
    edited December 2022

this one must be it then wink

and OK I bought it and 2 small bundles kiss

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905

AllenArt said:

MelissaGT said:

AllenArt said:

Agreed. Harry for the win ;) 

Agree as well... but this may not be the final release version of DH3, and it looks like the texture may be the worst component.  

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

MelissaGT said:

AllenArt said:

And from the looks of that pic, the new Horse3 comes in dead last.  Yikes. 

edited December 2022

I showed the comparison shot to a friend who owns horses and in her words...the head of DH3 is "nightmare fuel"...

...and the back hooves are all wrong...

I took a couple screenshots of the included poses and...yikes...

• Where do you turn in bugs? Like the Rampant pose will turn the horse from female back to male when applied. All the other horse poses are fine, insofar as that. (the lying down pose is horrid, sadly).

It's always a hazard to show off an "incomplete" item with rushed testing. But, at least they are trying.