BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE - Theme is ##"My Kingdom"##

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited August 2015

Here's what I've been slaving over for the last two months.  It's hard work, watching the computer do everytihg while I sit there, I tell ya. :-)  Positive and negative reivews greatly appreciated.  There's more I'd like to do, but not enough time left to do it in. 

My Kingdom:

My kingdom.jpg
    1754 x 1005 - 1M
    Post edited by sriesch on
    edited August 2015

Post edited by sriesch on
  • @Chohole - beautiful field of flowers :)

@sriesch - very nice render. I love how your genie emerges from the lamp, and that city is awesome!

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Mtnmen - Nice one. I like the vegetation you used

Sriesch - That's sooo nice... The colours are wonderful and the genie is really well done.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,545

dragonfall - definitely an improvement. It looks great this way.

sriesch - absolutely beautiful mood, could be out of Thousand and one Night.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395

Dragonfall - every nicely done especially the lighting.

Sriesch - wow absolutely stunning.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

@YellowPen : thanks for your comment

@chohole : beautiful landscape, especially like the flowers

@mtnmen : Truly good scene

@dragonfall1221 : Great lighting

@Sriesch : pure magic

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited September 2015

Excellent images and some truley interesting takes on the theme! 

Here's my entry.

Title:

Two Kingdoms: Old And New

Loosely based on the fiction of Sharon Lee & Steve Miller.

Background building - Organdron City by Herminio Nieves at ShareCG.

Fantasy Castle by Laurie S at DAZ 3D.

Interceptor Hoover Craft by SStudio at DAZ 3D.

Genesis 2 Male and Female, hair and outfits by DAZ 3D.

Clouds and haze are volumetric textures applied to large cubes behind the foreground objects.

Illuminated by the Bryce sun and True Ambience.

Rendered and staged in Bryce 7.1 Pro at 64 RPP. Render time about 2 1/2 hours.

Retouched some problem polygons in PS CS4.

Thanks for looking!

two_kingdoms.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 361K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@horo, @vivian1,@adbc... Thank you for your comments..

@dragonfall... Yes!  I really love this... thie light coming through adds nicely...

@sriesch... Fantastic image!... I can see how you would have slaved over this... Wonderful.

Beautiful entry, Dan. Great idea: history meets future.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

really great renders from every one smiley ....best of luck to all entries, and to the judges who have to find a winner! ....its going to be a hard choice with all of this great work smiley

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes       LAST DAY FOR ENTRIES

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

I see there are some great new entries!

@Chohole: Lovely field of flowers. 

@mtnmen: That is a king for sure. What a pity all his people have fled before him cheeky. By the way, it looks to me like both front an hind paw close to us are not on the ground; must be an illusion?

@dragonfall1221: It was already looking very good. Even better now!

@sriesch: Great scene and lovely colours. Indeed, the genie appearing is wonderful, just like the city with a genie-city part as well. And I think the teapot may be floating in the air (doesn't look to be on the table to me) to add to the magic?

@Dan Whiteside: What a great idea to merge past and future into your present scene! Very good entry. I just do not necessarily see why you went through the trouble of using volumetric textures for haze and clouds, as in this scene simple pre-set (or slightly modified) sky settings might have worked just as well.

Good luck to the jurors!

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 873
    edited August 2015

Here is my entry. "My private kingdom"

The deck chair is made with Hexagon and the birds are from the internet, all other objects are pure Bryce. Rendered with IBL and the Bryce sun. Rendertime about 6 hours (without any transparancy, otherwise I had missed the deadline)

myprivatekingdom.jpg
    1100 x 687 - 559K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • XangthXangth Posts: 127

Wow there is some fantastic artwork here from everyone. Although I did not have much time to work on this project here is whst I have for the castle contest.

Castle of the three Kings

castle_of_the_three_kings.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 67K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395

Beautiful work by everyone. Welcome to the challenges Xangth. Good luck to all the participants.

Electro-Elvis - at the moment, I don't see any picture ...

Xangth - very nice, I like the idea with the face and the mouth as entry.

• Horo said:

Electro-Elvis - at the moment, I don't see any picture ...

Xangth - very nice, I like the idea with the face and the mouth as entry.

I struggled with the forum software. I hope now you can see it.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@hansmar... thanks for the comment and your observances...

@dan whiteside... very cool.. love the contrast of  the new and old

@eletro-elvis...your private kingdom is very inviting...

@xangth...  Welcome...Castle of the 3 Kings is great!.. love the shadows

Great stuff from everyone... I know I have a few favorites... but the judges have a task ahead of them for sure...  Good Luck to all.

I struggled with the forum software. I hope now you can see it.

I can see it.  Do you remember what product the brick & beam wall is from, or did you make it?

• XangthXangth Posts: 127

Wow there is some fantastic artwork here from everyone. Although I did not have much time to work on this project here is what I have for the castle contest/My Kingdom.

Castle of the three Kings

Electro-Elvis - I couldn't still see it in Chrome but FireFox. I had to log out from Chrome, log in with FireFox, see it, log out with FireFox and log in with Chrome and now I see it. Great Kingdom. Why ask for more?

I now get to swap places with Horo... @Xangth, I cannot see your picture!  Just the text.  (Firefox.)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    sriesch said:

I now get to swap places with Horo... @Xangth, I cannot see your picture!  Just the text.  (Firefox.)

Hmm, that's strange, I could see it before, and now it has disappeared.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

There are two posts from xangth, one with a thumbnail and the other with no image. It looks like he has put the image up full size and then deleted the thumbnail which stops the image from being displayed.

Oh, ok, got it.  I was looking at the 2nd duplicate post without the picture, not the first post with the picture, which I do see.  All is well.

edited August 2015

Yup, I fell into the same trap this time - using FireFox Portable. The picture is farther up, not where I looked for it. My mistake.

Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Electro-Elvis: Looks very good. Great texture on the wall and the beams, wonderful grass!

@Xangth: Very welcome. And what a great idea and render. Really love the mountain with the three heads! Next time, if you have a little more time, you might want to make the shadows catch a little light too, by adding an additional fill light or using Image Based Lighting from the sky. But that is just nit-picking!

• @sriesch: I think the brickwall is a texture that comes with Bryce. And the beams is a Bryce standard texture -> Vegetation -> Wood -> Weathered Wood

@hansmar: Thank you 

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Dan - Very nice idea of past and future world

Electro Elvis - I can see a few people would relate to this private kingdom. Nicely done

Xangth - Going by this entry, it is a pity you did not have enough time to make more. Very nice

Good luck everyone.