BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE - Theme is ##"My Kingdom"##

Comments

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Sandy & Vivien: Noted about the colour. I just think the composition of the second one is better. Maybe I'll re-render the second one again and put some of the ambient back in to the leaves of the red tree... Thanks. smiley

I'll chuck this one in as a second entry. Because Bryce is my world.

Title: Bryce Reservation

SkyScapeKingdomALT.jpg
    1666 x 975 - 798K
  • orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    vivien1 said:

adbc -  Great image. I like the color tones

drachenlord - Another beautiful piece.

dragonfall - It could also be called the lava kingdom.... Very nice

orbital - Brilliant!!! Is the watchman the single man on the right or the rock formation on the left.

Dave -  What a great place for Dufus. I like the first one better

My first entry

The Magic Kingdom

The stone face.

edited July 2015

Changed my mind with this one aswell. This one's better.

Now got stacked terrain, turned TA off and redone the materials for Regular Rendering.

SkyScapeKingdomALT2b.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 645K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited July 2015

I was going to post another render, but when selecting the attachment it just sits there saying Uploading but nothing happens.

It's only 228k and 855 by 378 pixels and now it's been uploading for 20 minutes. Theres nothing wrong with my internet connection, everything else is working

fine, it's just uploading that's a problem.

It used to be so simple.

Post edited by StuartB on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,545
    edited July 2015

Great renders so far, really. Don't give up Hansmar, participating is more important than winning. My first entry is not actually a kingdom, though I expanded a bit from Stuart's Dog House; as long as Bryce runs inside, that's quite a kingdom for me.

First entry: Villa Bryce.

The villa is the beta version of Army's (Alan Armstrong) Italian Villa, a great model made up almost completely of Bryce primitives. I added lights and letters from the library and a bit of water. Light and backdrop is from an HDRI I made, sun diffuse is 5; it adds just a tad of additional light.

VillaBryce.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 209K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

Horo

Lovely image and nice model.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited July 2015

My Kingdom....as a Lion that is.

lion.jpg
    658 x 293 - 152K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

Okay, there are beautiful pictures - even if I can see some only in very small.
    I'm trying my third entry about making a little funny.
    Here is:

The Throne of My Kingdom

The Throne of my Kingdom.jpg
    1024 x 764 - 620K
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920

wow.... i can see many very beautiful renders here.

Sandy and Hansmar: I feel like you, but, don't give up.

Sandy - thank you. Wish I was able to create such a model myself.

Stuart - nice moody scene.

Drachenlords - most humorous, my throne is more modest.

• vosvos Posts: 337
    edited July 2015

I see lot's of beautiful kingdoms some are funny ,some have  a dark,mysterious mood. 

I like all those different styles 

I have  the same  problem as StuartB uploading ...still uploading ...

just edit post and  try again 

my kingdom 2015 juli.jpg
    734 x 950 - 170K
    Post edited by vos on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

At last, got the time to get something together....too busy etc. Below, not exactly My Kindom...but Drac's. If it's of any consolation, however, I do have some connection to said, as once I was a VareVoolfe...but I'm alright NOWWWWWWW ;)

Title: Velcome...(I hope you brought some blood vith you?).

Jay

Velcome.jpg
    999 x 498 - 640K

• dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited July 2015

@orbital - beautiful image :)

@DaveSavage - very whimsical. I like it. The flowers in the second image are a nice addition

@vivien1 - thank you!

@drachenlords - thank you ^_^ Your third entry had be laughing like a loon for almost an hour.

@DaveSavage - great kingdom, and lovely color and textures. Can I claim the teepee on the left?

@Horo - ohhh... I like. Gorgeous house and lighting.

@StuartB - I can picture a lion just out of photo. Nicely done.

@vos - nice abstract concept and beautifully rich colors.

@Jamahoney - nice! I love the sign :)

Post edited by dragonfall1221 on
  • dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited July 2015

Second Entry, a little lighter this time

My Kingdom by the Sea

my kingdom by the sea.jpg
    960 x 576 - 562K
    Post edited by dragonfall1221 on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395

Wow really amazing and very inspiring renders by everyone.  smiley

My first entry

My Fantasy World

fantasyworld.j1pg.jpg
    650 x 650 - 70K
  • @mermaid010 - oh, wow...beautiful

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

mermaid010

What a beautiful scene.

Cheers, dragonfall1221...just a bit of fun (must be read in your best Transylvanian accent cheeky) Your above work is great, too, as I like works that suggest/point to possible storylines...open to imagination.

Yeah, Mermaid...when I think of a kingdom it's always an underwater idea in my mind's eye. Defintely a winner.

Jay

edited July 2015

@vos - what a beautiful sureal landscape.

@jamahoney - oh, I like your fearful Velcome as long as I haven't got to visit it.

@dragonfall - very nice place, great foreground, too.

@mermaid - that's a very beautiful underwater kingdom.

This here isn't a winner but I laboured for 3 days and finally went back from version 24 to version 6 and fiddled another day. It wasn't worth the time but then - what the heck - participating is more important than winning. At least this is one of my kingdoms.

Second Entry: The Island

Stacked terrains with materials from our High Resolution Terrains sets 1, 2 and 4. Lit by HDRI and the main light by the sun.

TheIsle.jpg
    1600 x 1170 - 611K
    Post edited by Horo on

I edited the comment above and got the same comment again. Is there no possibility to stop this?

edited July 2015

Thanks, Horo...and feel your pain...I constantly have to log-in everytime (I'm sick of seeing: 'Hang on, while we sign you out...etc.,'...when logging-in to the Daz/Bryce Forum - I thought the whole idea was to keep people logged-in?).

The Admin replied: Suggesting to delete 'my Cookies', 'my Cache' and 'Internet History' files...etc.,, but, still, having done-so, I have to continuously log-in...ggrrrrrrrrr.

Jay

PS. I understand initial problems will be the norm in the UPDATES, but for a previously-thought, professional-thought organisation, such as DAZ, I'm slowly loosing patience (I'm sure with others, too) at this stage, things should be sorted-out. They better get themselves together, SOON, else, they'll loose potential customers (well, for awhile, anyway).

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The trouble is Jay that many of the bugs and glitxches are not consistent.  Bugs that can be reproduced by the devs are much easier to fix than bugs which are only happening for some people,  Also some of the glitches are randon, sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't.   Like this monring I didn't get the "hang on while we sign you out"  but yesterday I did. I get it rearely, some people get it every day.  One bug/glich  there were 3 of us, all usinf Firefox, 2 had it, one didn't. I was the odd one out for what browser version I was using and what addons I had (none) yet I was one of the 2 that were getting the glitch happen.   You tell me what causes it.

• SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198

Hi everyone its been some time since I have visited this forum.   I have a question I am downloading Daz Studio 4.8 can anyone tell me does the this version have the send/export to Bryce function  

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Hi everyone its been some time since I have visited this forum.   I have a question I am downloading Daz Studio 4.8 can anyone tell me does the this version have the send/export to Bryce function  

Yes, it is still there.

Jamahoney said:

Thanks, Horo...and feel your pain...I constantly have to log-in everytime (I'm sick of seeing: 'Hang on, while we sign you out...etc.,'...when logging-in to the Daz/Bryce Forum - I thought the whole idea was to keep people logged-in?).

I figured out in the end that logging into the forum and logging into my account which used to be separate log ins were now the same log in.

So Log into your account and click the "Keep Me Logged In" button.

Since I did that, i've had no problems with it logging me out all the time.

Hope this helps.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited July 2015

Fabulous entries so far.  Looks like it's gonna be another tough one for the judges.  Ok, my "throne" (aka toilet) idea was already taken, so I'm "going" in a different direction.  The title of my first entry is "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" or "The Wizard of Blight".  

The back story is that when the Wizard made his hasty exit out of Oz, he left a leadership vacuum that created infighting and a lack of direction for the inhabitants of Oz and their wonderful yellow highway.  The community began to falter and soon outsiders quit taking vacations and spending their hard-earned dollars in the Emerald City.  To make up for the loss of revenue, taxes were raised, which pushed residents and businesses elsewhere. The city could no longer support itself or the famed yellow brick road, which fell into disrepair.  The citizens heard that I frequently listen to Ozzy Osbourne's "Blizzard of Ozz" album and thought I would be able to raise their community to the splendor it once held.  So, I agreed to run the City and am taking up residence in a tribal hut in the beaten down suburbs of Oz, also known as Munchkin Land.  Hang on citizens, "we're going off the rails on the Crazy Train!"

YellowBrickRoad1.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 2M
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited July 2015

Thanks Chohole...and prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, so, hopefully they' get all the bugs fixed soon (a more professional approach would be to have pre-tried, pre-tested all this before going 'live' with it).

Cheers, Savage...will give that a try. The problem was that it was automatically logging me out. Btw, I was looking ages for the 'Keep Me Logged In' button, and couldn't see it anywhere. It was only when I logged out fully, that I then was able to see it using the 'blue guy' at top right of screen. Hopefully it will work okay from now on (fingers crossed when next time I try again).

EDIT: Just an update, Savage: that Button thingy worked...yippee yes After turning on the comp., again later in the day, and then going to Daz, I didn't get the automatic 'Hang on..etc.,' Cheers again.

EDIT2: Heh he...just as I was beginning to believe everything was okay....SIGH...I'm back again to that wonderful guy(?) nonchalantly telling me 'Hang on while...etc.,'. Jeez! sad

Oooh, I like that, Fencepost52...nicely done...and your storyline, too. I don't know if you saw it, but Disney did a follow-up Oz film - Return to Oz (YouTube trailer) where the whole city/road etc., went in to disrepair (film wasn't too bad, and any kid today would still love it).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395

Thanks for the nice comments.

Lovely entries by Horo and Art