BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE - Theme is ##"My Kingdom"##

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited July 2015 in Bryce Discussion

Sixteenth DAZ 3D Bryce rendering Challenge

NOW SPONSORED BY DAZ 3D

Theme for this month is "My Kingdom"
                     ᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿᵿ

Think castles, Game of Thrones, or (slightly less grand) your own house, a tree fort or a den you had as a kid.

Extra rule for this challenge

Imports are allowed but no postwork

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

Rules
                             ~~~~~

• All renders must be new renders.
  • You can enter up to 3 renders.
  • You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
  • Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
  • Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
  • Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
  • The winner of the Challenge will get the chance to name the theme for the next contest.
  • This will then continue with subsequent winners choosing the theme for the next contest, which will enable a new contest to start with the minimum of delay between contests.
  • Whoever nominates the subject for the Challenge can modify the rules to suit that challenge. 

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge ends on 31st August# 2015 :- Midnight DAZ 3D time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist Place $30
2nd Place $20
3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by members of the DAZ 3D CV team and guest judges.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Nice theme. I might just send a photo of my shed. :)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,802

Oh dear. What an impossible theme again. Just like all the others! I never have any inspiration at the start and then have to hurry at the end to have anything done. Can't anybody ever think of a nice theme such as ...... uh, ........ ooops,  ....cheeky

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I thought that I might try and build my new abode, which is an old stone cottage, built in the 1830s. Photo courtesy of google street view.

New House.jpg
    662 x 719 - 187K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited July 2015

First try.

My Kingdom by Sword and Fire

kingdom-view-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 380K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited July 2015

My Kingdom, according to my wife.

DogHouse1.jpg
    911 x 585 - 449K
    Post edited by StuartB on

@Fishtales.

How did you get you image to show that size.

I tried uploading by clicking the "Image" button but it pops a box up asking for a url.

So I clicked "Attach a file" and browsed to the file on my PC instead but it displays it really small.

Attach an image, and post the comment    then click edit  Right click on the image, Copy image location. THen click on the insert image button (that's the one next to the little flag up on the wysiwyg things at the top of the typing pane) and put the url in there.  and repost the comment.   You can then choose to remove the original attachment if you want to.

However if your image is wider than 1000 pixels it will break the forum formatting, as automatic resizing is not working correctly at the moment.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296

Ah, tht's easier than find the link in the page source code to put it in the URL field. I have decided to keep it 800 px wide at most anyway.

I ctrl clicked on the thumbnail (windows) to open the image in a new tab, copied the url and then did what Chohole says above.

I noticed the size limit after I posted. Do you want me to resize it and repost?

(I wish the spell checker was on automatically rather than having to remember to click on it every post, especially as it shuts off my browser one angry )

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,189

@Sandy - did you remove your image, I don't see it

@StuartB - lovely image.

Neither do I see Sandy's image. the link is broken.

edited July 2015

Hmm, that is strange, as I see it, but can't click on it to save it to the judging thread.  Maybe we need to keep the attachment thumbnails.

Edit right click, view image is working for me, but not a direct click.

Post edited by Chohole on

The thumbnail got inadvertently lost but the main image remains (show us your Bryce renders thread p 28), same with the banner thumbnail. When I click on Sandy's image link in the page source, I get a page not found HTML error, though the link looks fine to me.

edited July 2015

Works fine for me and when I click on it it opens in a new window. I removed the thumbnail for the attachment so I wonder if that has done it? 

I have uploaded the image again and the thumbnail is back so that should work again.

Thanks Chohole.

What a lot of faffing about. I thought upgrades were supposed to be improvments.

Attach an image, and post the comment    then click edit  Right click on the image, Copy image location. THen click on the insert image button (that's the one next to the little flag up on the wysiwyg things at the top of the typing pane) and put the url in there.  and repost the comment.   You can then choose to remove the original attachment if you want to.

Just tried that and the image is the same size.

What you got was the thumbnail image.

Click on the thumbnail, open the image and copy that url to paste into the image insert box.

Thanks Fishtales, done it right this time.

Thanks Mermaid010

Fishtales said:

I have uploaded the image again and the thumbnail is back so that should work again

Clicking in the thumbnail shows the image. The other one is still broken. Not sure, you might have it in the browser cache. The thumbnail and the image (which I cannot see) have different file names.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 498
    Horo said:
    Fishtales said:

I have uploaded the image again and the thumbnail is back so that should work again

Clicking in the thumbnail shows the image. The other one is still broken. Not sure, you might have it in the browser cache. The thumbnail and the image (which I cannot see) have different file names.

Same here.... 

Horo said:
    Fishtales said:

That is probably because I re-uploaded it Horo. There are probably two instances in the database, one the original and the other connected to the thumbnail hence the different addresses. Aren't databases  wonderful wink

@Sandy - you may try to delete the one in the comment and add the new thumbnail by the method Pam described. That may fix it.

Horo said:

@Sandy - you may try to delete the one in the comment and add the new thumbnail by the method Pam described. That may fix it.

I deleted the inline image and re-entered the new address from the thumbnail. See if that works cool

YES! Great job, it works.

edited July 2015

Second attempt :)

Dùn à Sulis (Castle of the Sun God)

dun-suilis-001.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 378K

That's not in Scotland I bet. 

Chohole said:

That's not in Scotland I bet. 

They do have palm trees in Plockton and I saw a two foot diameter ball cactus outside a house in Scourie, so you never know  laugh

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited July 2015

Interesting topic this time and more interesting works.
    Here is my first entry:

Not My Kingdom

Not my Kingdom.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 695K
    Post edited by drachenlords on