BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE - Theme is ##"My Kingdom"##

Comments

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@fishtales... Sword and Fire...very moody..as is Castle of the Sun god..very nice
    @stuartb... Your dog house looks like a great clubhouse...  ...As a Lion, That is... is another great scene
    @drachenlords... Not My Kingdom is Gorgeous! The Way to the Kingdom of Death is great!  And My Throne looks like a grand place to "rest"
    @adbc... My Kingdom Near the Water... very beautiful..
    @dragonfal1221...Silent Kingdom  Very Nice!  and ..By the Sea is beautiful..
    @orbital...The Silent Wathman is awesome..
    @davesavage...Here be Dwagons... very cool...and Bryce Reservation is Totally cool
    @vivian1...Beautiful image
    @horo...Bryce Villa is beautiful... and The Island...How cool is that?
    @vos... agreat od image... I like odd.
    @jamahoney...Velcome...Love it!
    @mermaid...My Fantasy World.. Gorgeous...under the sea...
    @fencepost52...Yellow Brick Road is very cool!

I can't believe the wonderful images here...

Here is my first entry...

It's Not Much, But it is My Kingdom

My Kingdom...such as it is.jpg
    960 x 720 - 517K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

after seeing so many great renders, i thought i would enter something as well :) 

entry #1 - Mountain Top Kingdom

Mountain top Kingdom.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 296K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,545

@Fencepost52 - great use of the tribal huts, I completely forgot about them. Great vegetation.

@mermaid - thank you.

@mtnmen - thank you. Excellent image your first entry, but a sad one, too.

@Tim - great idea and nicely done.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Dave - I like the colors and texture of your Bryce Reservation. Very nice

Horo - Lovely scene using that great villa model. And I like your Bryce Island. Reminds me of the palm and the world Islands in Dubai

Stuart - I can feel the presence of the lion just behind the tree. Well done

Drachenlord - How funny. Such a good idea. And your second one is lovely and calming.

Vos - Nice surreal place.

Jay - Very nice in a creepy way.

Mermaid - Wonderful underwater kingdom

Fencepost - Great scene and even better story line.

Mtnmen -  Your first one is nice but sad at same time.

Tim - Wow!!! I nearly got giddy looking down.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120

A place for Kings.

All the buildings made in Bryce by me. Estevez rocks in the foreground. Trees and Ships from Archive3d.

castlecliff1 copy.jpg
    999 x 616 - 710K
  • orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited July 2015

A place for Kings.

All the buildings made in Bryce by me. Estevez rocks in the foreground. Trees and Ships from Archive3d.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited July 2015

Orbital - Fantastic work. Love all the details. Certainly a place for kings

This is my second entry. Castle in the sand

One of my enjoyments as a child was going to the beach and build castles, This brought back nice memories

sand kingdom.jpg
    1000 x 499 - 87K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395

Thanks Mtnmen

Awesome work form Mtnmen, Tim, Orbital and Vivien.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

Thanks for all the nice comments

@ Jamahoney: Very atmospheric image.

@ Dragon case: a picture like from a fantasy film.

@ Mermaid010: Very beautiful underwater world.

@ Horo: Great ideas and implemented impressive.

@ Fencepost52: Very cool idea.

@ Mtnmen: Beautiful scene.

@ Tim Bateman: Mountain Top Kingdom is great.

@ Orbital: your second entry surpasses even the first. Amazing.

@ Vivien1: What a wonderful idea and a great implementation. Compliment.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited July 2015

My third entry.

Title: This will be my kingdom.

Taken from the Arthurian legend of the sword in the stone. The sword could only be removed from the stone by the rightful King.

SwordInStoneALT2small2.jpg
    800 x 1232 - 780K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395

Thanks Drachenlords

Dave - lovely entry

• vosvos Posts: 337
    edited July 2015

second one 

secret intelligence service room of my kingdom

Poser heads,alien also poser,Eddy by poisen .torus multirep

secret intelligence service of my kingdom.jpg
    950 x 633 - 236K
    Post edited by vos on
  • @Jamahoney - Thank you

@Horo - Thank you. I love your island. it took me a few minutes examination to realize they spelled Bryce. Beautifully done

@Fencepost52 - Nice Yellow Brick Road. Your story is very intriguing, you could do a whole series of images based on that paragraph.

@mtmn - Thank you. Your kingdom is so sad, though :(

@ Tim Bateman - Beautiful. Very atmospheric piece

@orbital -  Lovely buildings and gorgeous lighting and background

@vivien1 - Sand castles! I love your idea. I avoid working with anything sandlike in Bryce because I can never get it to look right, but you've done wonderfully here

@ Dave Savage - Very dramatic. I like it

@vos - Whoa. I thought that was a painting at first. Stunning work

• dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited July 2015

Great work everybody! My final entry

My Little Kingdom

small bookshelf is by LuxXeon, large bookshelf is FW2009 by seachnsaigh, books were made using seachnsaigh's book kit, comic boxes are by samcclung65. All are free from ShareCG. Pillows are from ADS' arabian room . Stained glass pattern is made by Akili-Amethyst. Tarna and Elric are from my favorite artist, Chris Achilleos.

My Kingdom.png
    1198 x 558 - 1M
    Post edited by dragonfall1221 on

@vivien - thank you. You sand castles are a nice idea and very well done.

@orbital - awesome scene.

@drachenlords - thank you.

@Dave - that's a classic one.

@vos - very well done, has a bit the look of an abstract.

@dragonfall - thank you. That room is a real kingdom, very cosy.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

Looking really good, folks!  Another awesome turnout!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Vivien1: Magic kingdom looks very magic indeed. And the sand castle kindom…. Hé, wait up, that was my idea (it is still rendering as we speak). Yours is clearly more developed, but then, your builder is too, as you will see later.

@Dave Savage: Great reservation. But I think the tents look Native American and the lion, well, is African. Doesn’t change the fact that it is a great render! Very good idea on the sword and again very well rendered.

@Horo: I like villa Bryce. Is it for sale? And the island looks special too.

@ My Kingdom....as a Lion: Wonderful atmosphere. Good idea too.

@drachenlords: Fun and great implementation. I really like the two flags on the wall with the king on his chair!

@vos: very nice surreal kingdom. Your second one looks like a painting or mosaic. Strange 2D look in this Bryce work!

@Jamahoney: No Vhanks! I’m not gonne enter twere. I’m the one that got out of the saddle of the second horse, just in time!

@dragonfall1221: Nice to see such a peaceful kingdom. And the attic room looks like a real child’s kingdom too.

@mermaid010: Beautiful underwater kingdom.

@Fencepost52: well done vegetation and huts. Good work!

@mtnmen: not much of a kingdom indeed, but wonderful render.

@Tim Bateman: extremely beautiful lights!

@orbital: impressive building work. Very nice render.

Anyway, I see that most of you are very good at Bryce renders (like I knew already, of course) and will give the judges a very hard time again!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    Hansmar said:

@Jamahoney: No Vhanks! I’m not gonne enter twere. I’m the one that got out of the saddle of the second horse, just in time!

Heh he...poor Drac...will have a neck less to bite devil

Love it dragonfall1221...that window is an eyecatcher....bet sun rays coming through would be gorgeous.

Jay 

edited July 2015

@timbateman... I love this image  very cool place from which to rule.
    @orbital... another awesome image... I love the depth...
    @vivian1... this sand castle is fabulous...
    @davesavage... Great image..."Who so ever shall pull this sword from the stone is the true-born king of England"
    @vos... OMG.. this is wonderful.. I really love it... amazingly like stained glass...
    @dragonfall1221... Wonderful...wonderful... I really love that attic space... Who wouldn't?  Great stained glass windows with the clear glass seeing the gorgeous day outside... very nice..

I wanted to thank you for your comments, but I have to say  that while I was doing that image I wasn't imagining the character with his dog as being a sad scene, just one that is common... I imagined him to be fully the king of his little kingdom, with no woe-is-me attitude, nor a cup in hand for donations from the feeling-guilty  passersby not wanting to look in his direction.  I was reminded of when my partner and I frequently did weekend visits to San Francisco.. We would always go for breakfast in the Castro district, and over a few years of these visits, we would always see this gal (my partner thinks she was a guy... it was the Castro, so both is possible), and she would be sitting on a milk crate drinking her morning coffee... from the only cup she had...  She always greeted us with a smile and a look in her eyes of recognition... She was the queen of her Queendom.. right there in front of the Walgreens at 18th and Castro... who'da thought?

I so enjoy these challenges for many reasons, including seeing some really awsome images that make me wonder.."how did they do that?".. and the varied approaches to the same themes really make me aware of just how many ways the mind works...

Post edited by mtnmen on
  • @Horo - thank you!

@Hansmar - thanks!

@Jamahoney - thank you! Now I want to go back and see if I can do that :)

@mtnmen - thank you. Your explanation really made me see the piece in a different light. Not such much sad, as you said, but maybe resigned? Making the best out of where he is. Thanks for taking the time.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    Hansmar said:
    @Dave Savage: Great reservation. But I think the tents look Native American and the lion, well, is African. Doesn’t change the fact that it is a great render!

Haha.... It's just my little joke, It is an Native American indian reservation at Bryce Canyon. The Lion is simply there because Bryce doesn't work on the Lion operating system and above. laugh

Hansmar said:
    @Dave Savage: Great reservation. But I think the tents look Native American and the lion, well, is African. Doesn’t change the fact that it is a great render!

Haha.... It's just my little joke, It is an Native American indian reservation at Bryce Canyon. The Lion is simply there because Bryce doesn't work on the Lion operating system and above. laugh

AH. I didn't get that joke. Clever! 

edited July 2015

And here is my first entry.

Title: "Look, I'm building my kingdom'

People are posed and clothed in DAZ Studio. The bucket and spade are freebies. The dog is from Poser, the gulls are from the freebie bird set I have more often used.

There are three terrains, a lot of weeds instanced on the highest terrain, parts of a castle from Alan Armstrong.

As you can see, a second sand castle (after the one by Vivien1). Since my builder is a bit small compared to the one of Vivien, the castle is also a bit smaller, but the young prince dreams of his kingdom anyway.

kidskingdom.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 849K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited July 2015

Man, this is gonna be an awesome contest!  WooHoo!

My 2nd Entry: Little House on the Prairie.  Would love to retire in a place like this....my retirement kingdom! wink

Little House on the Prairie.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on

Nice one, Fencepost52...ah, 'Little House on the Prairie'...and come to mention it...'The Waltons'...too, brings back memories.

Okay, second entry. Though the render took 20 minutes only, posing the character took about an hour.

Title: Kingdom...of the mind.

Jay

KingdomOfTheMind.jpg
    792 x 864 - 334K

@Hansmar - thank you. Your sand castle render is beautiful. I should do a real sand castle again, that would be the only one I can ever aford.

@Fencepost - very peaceful place. But without electricity, you'll need a big store of batteries to continue working with Bryce.

@Jamahoney - now that's an excellent idea, Jay. I really like it.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited July 2015

Last one.

Snow King

snow-king-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 549K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Cheers, Horo...I feel enlightened even further...heh he angel

I like the light on the snow, Fishtales, as it's very subtle but effective, too (image reminds me of Kate Bush's Wild Man song - YouTube link).

Jay