1434 x 695 - 503K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Impressive hillside you have there Tim

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

thank you :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395
    edited July 2015

Thanks for the comments.

Awesome, magnificent work from everyone.

My second entry is a simple one and uses one of Horo's Sunless Hdri Skies

Solitude

solitude.jpg
    840 x 630 - 37K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920

WOW.... many new beautiful artworks here. That will be hard for the Jury, I think....

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,545

@Fishtales - very nice atmosphere. I took the snow king for a Yeti wink

@Tim - outstanding scene - sharpening filter was perhaps a bit aggressive.

@mermaid - Solitude is beautiful with the castle in the distance.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

Horo

It is the Ice Giant from DAZ smiley

@Horo - thanks

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Drachenlord - Thank yo

Dave -  Lovely entry, I hope you were able to retrieve the sword from the stone

Vos - That's quite unique. It really looks like a painting. Well done

Dragonfall - Thanks for your kind comment. And your little Kingdom is perfect for a  cosy day. Very nice indeed.

Horo - mtnmen Thank you

Hansmar - Thank you. Good to see another sand castle entry.  The young prince is doing an excellent job.

Art - If you don't mind, ill come and visit you in your retirement kingdom. It's such a lovely place.

Jamohoney - Great idea.

Fishtales - Very nice ambience. I like the golden tones

Tim - Just perfect!!!!

Mermaid - Beautiful entry. Your clouds are looking superb.

My last entry

Woodland Fairies Kingdom

Huuush - Huuush, they are all asleep

woodland fairies kingdom.jpg
    1000 x 616 - 145K

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2015

Cheers, Vivien1, and love the psychedelic mushrooms cool

On the faires stuff...there's a wood some kilometres from me and in it someone build small fairy houses (think, about a foot high) attached to the base of several trees dotted about the wood. Some are very obvious, but others you have to look just that little bit hard to find them. But they are very unusual, almost natural, and in some, the window shelves had coins on them...added by passer-bys (of course, I left a coin, too smiley).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

@Vivien - thanks. Your Woodlands entry is awesome. I also like the psychedelic colours.

@vivien - lovely scene. Pity the doors are closed and we can't see the fairies.

Jay - Thank you. That place you talked about sound wonderful... I've always had a pasion for fairies.

Mermaid - Thank you. I like the psychedelic colors, but there were sure a pain to render. Two complete nights,

Horo - Thank you, In this particular forest the fairies come out only during the day.

edited July 2015

Cheers, Horo...as always.

Vivien, I have photos somewhere...will give them a look-see (no promises).

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited July 2015

@Fencepost52. What a great quiet field. But you will have to plough it, or not? Not for your retirement then?

@Jamahoney: Wonderful idea. The graininess, is that on purpose? Or is it caused by some indirect light technique? Great trousers, by the way!

@Horo: Thanks.

@Fishtales: wonderful snow forest render

@Tim Bateman: Masterfully done. Really very good rocky hill!

@mermaid010: Solitude is very well done. Great use of haze (or fog) and nice to just see the castle in the distance.

@vivien1: Love your bright colours in the Woodlands Fairies kingdom. Great work. I think it's a winner!

So, as I mentioned in the 'show ur your renders thread', until I have reached three contest renders, all of the renders I present (at this forum) are potential contestants. I just have to think of a link with 'My kingdom' (Please, don't tell the judgest that I said that!). wink

So, here is #2 for me: 'Oops, certainly NOT my kingdom yet!'

rockfield3.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 841K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

@ Dave Savage: This will be my kingdom is wonderful. I love King Arthur and the sword in the stone is simply beautiful.

@ Vos: The really looks like a painted picture. Cool.

Dragonfall: A kingdom as one would wish for a child. Very nice.

@ Fencepost: The little farm. Very nicely done.

@ Jamahoney: Incredible idea.

@ Fish Tales: The Kingdom of Bigfoot. Very nice.

@ Tim: Class. One almost expects the ancient gods.

@ Mermaid: lovely picture.

@ Vivien: As in a fairy tale. Great.

@ Hansmar: that's a funny idea. I like it.

Thanks Hansmar and Drachenlords

Hansmar - awesome entry, I didn't see the female monkey at first, so cute.

edited August 2015

@Jamahoney: Wonderful idea. The graininess, is that on purpose? Or is it caused by some indirect light technique? Great trousers, by the way!

Yeah, Hansmar...I just threw the character/planets in to one of my old saved files that used David's '...high power ambient light...' (YouTube link). Instead of the cylinder David uses, I put in a torus with the character/planets in the centre, and then threw in two radial (coloured) lights. As for the trousers...I'd be embarrassed to wear one like that...hehe he, but it belongs to the surf dude in DS.

Cheers, Drachenlords.

@Fencepost52. What a great quiet field. But you will have to plough it, or not? Not for your retirement then?

@Horo: Thanks.

@Fishtales: wonderful snow forest render

@Tim Bateman: Masterfully done. Really very good rocky hill!

@mermaid010: Solitude is very well done. Great use of haze (or fog) and nice to just see the castle in the distance.

@vivien1: Love your bright colours in the Woodlands Fairies kingdom. Great work. I think it's a winner!

So, as I mentioned in the 'show ur your renders thread', until I have reached three contest renders, all of the renders I present (at this forum) are potential contestants. I just have to think of a link with 'My kingdom' (Please, don't tell the judgest that I said that!). wink

So, here is #2 for me: 'Oops, certainly NOT my kingdom yet!'

She will be highly insulted, being a Homo Erectus, which (acc. to Wikipedia) is an ancestor of e.g. Neanderthalensis and Sapiens laugh

But, thanks for the praise!

Jamahoney said:

Yeah, Hansmar...I just threw the character/planets in to one of my old saved files that used David's '...high power ambient light...' (YouTube link). Instead of the cylinder David uses, I put in a torus with the character/planets in the centre, and then threw in two radial (coloured) lights. As for the trousers...I'd be embarrassed to wear one like that...hehe he, but it belongs to the surf dude in DS.

Cheers, Drachenlords.

You're quite right: the surf dude needs it! 

Hansmar - Thank you for your kind comment. As for your 2nd entry.  To be politically correct, the (Homo Erectus) seems to be deep in thought. Maybe she's thinking " Mhhh, look like food". Nice work

Drachenlord - Thank you

Hansmar said:

She will be highly insulted, being a Homo Erectus, which (acc. to Wikipedia) is an ancestor of e.g. Neanderthalensis and Sapiens laugh

But, thanks for the praise!

OMG --- an ancestor, sorry blush

vivien1 said:

Hansmar - Thank you for your kind comment. As for your 2nd entry.  To be politically correct, the (Homo Erectus) seems to be deep in thought. Maybe she's thinking " Mhhh, look like food". Nice work

Drachenlord - Thank you

Very welcome. Now you say so, I used a premade pose for V4, called 'pensive' so that one really fits the name, since you clearly spotted it. My thoughts were more like: "Oh, I thought we were boss here, but with these raptors, maybe this is not the case". Now, if I would have given her a spear of sword, she might be hunting indeed (didn't even think of such an option). 

3th Entry – My Space  smiley

myspace2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 73K

Hansmar - great render, the dino looks a bit dangerous.

Mermaid - very nice place with the cosy gazebo.

Thanks Horo

• XangthXangth Posts: 127

Wow there is some totally increadible stuff here. I was thinking of beginning to enter the compition in this section since I work with Bryce quite a bit. 
    A question to the admins, when is the end date on this render challange?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It does say in the first post.  Challenge runs for roughly 6 weeks each time. This one ends 31st August.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited September 2015

Awesome entries, y'all!

Here's my third and final entry: Mi-Sci-Fi-Ki, all pronounced with a long "i", an abbreviation for My Science Fiction Kingdom.

Mi-Sci-Fi-Ki3.jpg
    982 x 850 - 810K
    Post edited by Chohole on