Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,502

frank0314 said:

It's showing 2% for me

It is showing 6% for me. I think this may be a problem with the algorithm already looking backward at past purchases.

• Sent a query in on the percentage.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,645

The answer we got was: "The sale starting today will still look back 7 days. So technically if someone had made a purchase for the past 7 days they could already be receiving 14% off. It was a way that we figured we could give some people a jump-start if they'd already made some purchases" so that is why everyone is seeing different numbers.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,468
    edited July 2022

The Stack Up info is still inconsistent. In the shop it says I am on day 0 of stacking. In the cart it says I am on day 1 of streaking. Are stacking and streaking the same thing? Why are the numbers different?

Day 0 or Day 1.jpg
    1332 x 666 - 191K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • It says Day 0 but it is giving you the 2% for Day 1.

Richard Haseltine said:

It says Day 0 but it is giving you the 2% for Day 1.

I realize it is giving me 2% in the cart, but the questions is: Why the inconsistency between the store page and the cart? Is it just another marketing error, or is there some explainable reason that I don't understand?

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I realize it is giving me 2% in the cart, but the questions is: Why the inconsistency between the store page and the cart? Is it just another marketing error, or is there some explainable reason that I don't understand?

It was also showing that you had 2% on the promo page, it was just the day count that was wrong - and that has, by the look of it, been fixed.

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

It was also showing that you had 2% on the promo page, it was just the day count that was wrong - and that has, by the look of it, been fixed.

Yes, it is now consistent. My OCD is eased LOL. Thanks.
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,456

I looked at the page and it said I was on Day 3 with 6%. Then I read this thread and went back to the page and clicked refresh - now I am on Day 2 with 4%.

I mean, this site is just a joke. If there is a course on creating internet store sites the tutor will be showning the class the DAZ site as an example of a rolling disaster.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,214

I'm not seeing my 2% reduction in the cart. Here's an example - I've tried several other products (all old, some even at "full" store prices) and I'm seeing nothing.

Capture1.jpg
    654 x 620 - 95K
    Capture2.jpg
    1193 x 604 - 152K
    Capture3.jpg
    1207 x 502 - 51K
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

marble said:

I looked at the page and it said I was on Day 3 with 6%. Then I read this thread and went back to the page and clicked refresh - now I am on Day 2 with 4%.

I mean, this site is just a joke. If there is a course on creating internet store sites the tutor will be showning the class the DAZ site as an example of a rolling disaster.

at least it makes adapting one's shopping habits a lot easier. Like "unless it shows in the shopping cart at least 70% off, don't bother with it." 

All this jumping through hoops to get another 2% off isn't worth the time that I would have to invest to make it happen.

• marble said:

I believe that this one is updating more-or-less live, so it may be that one of your purchases was initially just under a week ago and now is just over a week ago.

• MelanieL said:

I'm not seeing my 2% reduction in the cart. Here's an example - I've tried several other products (all old, some even at "full" store prices) and I'm seeing nothing.

That item is discounting correctly for me.

Richard Haseltine said:

marble said:

I believe that this one is updating more-or-less live, so it may be that one of your purchases was initially just under a week ago and now is just over a week ago.

Pretty unlikely coincidence as the two events were minutes apart.

maikdecker said:

marble said:

at least it makes adapting one's shopping habits a lot easier. Like "unless it shows in the shopping cart at least 70% off, don't bother with it." 

All this jumping through hoops to get another 2% off isn't worth the time that I would have to invest to make it happen.

I'm sure that the marketing people would be dismayed to see that's your shopping strategy but then it is mine too.

marble said:

Put an undiscounted older item in your cart and check the discount you are actually getting. I had day 3 and 6% discount showing earlier, now it shows day and 4%; BUT items are still discounting the extra 6% in my cart.

edited July 2022

So let me ask before I go to the trouble of experimenting with the various combinations ... do all these discounts stack? I mean I have an orange banner offering 10% and another 4% for Day 2 (or perhaps 6% for Day 3) as well as the advertised discounts on the Big Sale page. And are they each a percentage off the original price or the discounted (then discounted again) price?

Hopefully someone has done the heavy lifting for me wink.

Post edited by marble on

marble said:

So let me ask before I go to the trouble of experimenting with the various combinations ... do all these discounts stack? I mean I have an orange banner offering 10% and another 4% for Day 2 (or perhaps 6% for Day 3) as well as the advertised discounts on the Big Sale page. And are they each a percentage off the original price or the discounted (then discounted again) price?

Hopefully someone has done the heavy lifting for me wink.

I think so. I purchased  Z Gossip and Rumours Poses and Expressions for Genesis 3 and 8 for $5.40 which included the product page discount, the 6% day 3 discount, and the orange banner 10% coupon discount.

I only see yesterday's ad - nothing new today.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

barbult said:

I only see yesterday's ad - nothing new today.

It takes time to add all those 2% to everyone's thingy. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,563

Store hasn't turned over for me at all, maybe someone wants to check what's up?

• tsroemi said:

same here

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Ditto

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

tsroemi said:

Reported. 

• Currently several debut X Fashion items are not showing 30% new discounts (and are also not showing additional discounts for + members, even though both items are DO).

https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-soft-and-casual-shorts-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-soft-and-casual-top-and-choker-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

zombiewhacker said:

Currently several debut X Fashion items are not showing 30% new discounts (and are also not showing additional discounts for + members, even though both items are DO).

https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-soft-and-casual-shorts-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-soft-and-casual-top-and-choker-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

Although it doesn't show on the product page, the sale price does show up in your cart.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,214

Richard Haseltine said:

MelanieL said:

That item is discounting correctly for me.

Well it certainly was not working for me last night (up to 11pm UK when I called it a day) - but no harm done, it's working fine today.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Is Lyanna Assassin Bundle | Daz 3D by Hm supposed to be not for sale everything else in his catalog is

• jedijudd said:

Is Lyanna Assassin Bundle | Daz 3D by Hm supposed to be not for sale everything else in his catalog is

Asking about this.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 586

I made a purchase last night after the usual cutoff point for DAZ midnight but before the promotions changed over in the store. How can I tell if my purchases counted towards the stack up sale? It says I'm on day one today, so I'm guessing it didn't count for yesterday. If not, will it count for today and put me on day 2 tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.