Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

@Horo: Thanks, glad you like it. Really love your sky in that new render.

@Fencepost52: Thanks. I actually just used premade poses that came with DAZ Studio or Genesis 2 or 3 (already forgot which one I used!). Really very good realistic farm render. Maybe some animal somewhere on the field or in the sky?

@mermaid010: Thank you. I always like to do the unusual, as you may have gathered, by now. laugh

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited June 2016

Back to some landscape creation with Bryce, here's a quick realise of a picture I have in mind.

There's about 5000 bryce trees in the background and this was the most difficult thing to manage in the software.

the peak.jpg
    1740 x 435 - 774K
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,107
    c-ram said:

Back to some landscape creation with Bryce, here's a quick realise of a picture I have in mind.

There's about 5000 bryce trees in the background and this was the most difficult thing to manage in the software.

Wow, this looks awesome!

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 498
    edited June 2016

c-ram - That looks absolutely gorgeous.  Very well done!

Farm_Scene.jpg
    800 x 800 - 626K
    Disconsolation.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 631K
    Disconsolation1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 611K
    Disconsolation2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 653K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184

C-ram -  WOW, absolutely  beautiful.

Art- another set of awesome renders, beautiful lighting, my fav the Disconsolation1

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,294

Fencepost - natural looking scene, grass and tree are awesome. The scene with the old farm tractor looks great, too. The "watery" ones also look very nice, the water on the left side of the first is excellent, it feels very wet.

Mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you.

cram - outstanding panorama, Marco. The lake, the trees, the mountain: could be a photograph.

edited June 2016

Thanks, Horo and mermaid!

A couple more mountain renders. Same terrain and sky, just different sun positions, terrain materials, and haze/fog settings.

1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 537K
    2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 498K

Both look really great.

Thanks, Horo!  The terrain was modified slightly using your Terrain Editor Filters.

• MonkeyTMonkeyT Posts: 9

New B7.1 Pro install works! ( Mac Snow Leopard Server, Parallels 11 )

I let it crank on an abstract to see if it remained stable overnight.

Water Gardens

edited June 2016

Art- both the renders are beautiful.

MonkeyT – nice abstract

A Reflective Abstract using Horo’s Hdri Coloured3C and a Wings 3D object

reflectivemat.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 250K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

@c-ram: Fantastic panoramatic landscape!

@Art: my, aren't you productive! What a great set of renders again. I like the farm render most, thanks to the viewpoint and the great rusty tractor.

@MonkeyT: Nice inky abstract. Quite some movement too.

@mermaid010: Looks like an underwater sci-fi shot. I expect some alien around the corner anytime; very well done.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited June 2016

Art - Really enjoying the close up of the stone buildings and the mountain landscapes with lush vegetation is beautiful as always. I do like the Hell's Furnace the ambience and haziness look great. The farm house render is brilliant. Great vegetation as always. The piers look also fav.

TabascoJac - Great start to your bryce journey.. . Mountain Lake Sunset looks really nice. Echoes of the Phoenix looks great

Horo - Great flower compliment to Art's Treble and Bass Clef. It has come alive... Fabulous stack terrains not sure which one I like best out of the 2. Love the vegetation one and the second TE Filters looks like crumpled tin foil. great effect also the snow like TE and the inhabitable planet great as usual

Hansmar - Spring a very nice idea. Well done . And the Structure Synth hat is so cool . I want one.

Electro - Elvis - The secretary looks very sexy in her new outfit.. I like the skin tones and shading... Looks very real

mermaid - Love the colors and lighting of the stills. Particularly the 2nd one. And the tent has improved with the reddish tint. Very nice underwater scene as well I like the waves and the reflection on the sea floor. Reflective abstract is beautiful almost like molten glass

Keryna - Very interesting volumetric material effect and the wings 3d turned out really good. beautiful material

C-ram  - without words.... You know how much I admire your work.

MonkeyT - Nice vortex

I enjoyed modelling the house for this Spanish Patio and keeping out of the cold.

spanish patio.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 157K
    Post edited by vivien on

MonkeyT - that abstract looks great.

Mermaid - great render with the camera inside the object.

Vivien - thank you. What, you modeled that house yourself? Beautiful!

Hansmar, mermaid, and vivien: Thank you all for your kind words.  I appreciate it very much. Been on a render splurge lately and hopefully there's more to come. :-)

mermaid: Great reflective abstract. I concur with Hansmar's comments...almost has a spooky, underwater feel.

MonkeyT: Welcome to the forums.  Nice liquidy abstract.

vivien: Wonderful patio scene.  I'm impressed with your modeling skills.  Did you model it in Bryce or another software?

Hansmar, Vivien, Horo and Art thanks for the nice comments.

Vivien - The patio scene is beautiful, love it, awesome modeling, did you model it in Bryce.smileyyes

edited June 2016

Just goofing around....

Almost_Home[1].jpg
    1280 x 720 - 992K

Art- love your goofing around  laugh

I like that goofy idea, Art.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited June 2016

Life got in the way of Bryce... It's not a very good excuse, but it's all I got.

Just caught up on this thread and more and more excellent renders from everyone... Even though Landscapes are by far the most common, I never tire of looking at them and seeing the new developments on materials, HDRIs atmospheres etc.

Also some great modelling going on, so top marks to everyone.

For me, I did a quick render a few weeks ago and two yesterday, so here they are.

Droplet.jpg
    900 x 1300 - 588K
    LightBulb.jpg
    650 x 650 - 370K
    LightBulbOff.jpg
    650 x 650 - 306K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Dave - Great light bulb and nicely presented. I like the drop, very well done. Great modeling.

edited June 2016

Dave - Glad to see you back.  Very well done on the renders.  Did you model the lightbulb?  

Time to pull out the 3D glasses...

Cista_Sanctus_ALS.jpg
    600 x 900 - 514K
    Disconsolation_ALS.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 695K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

No, the light bulb was from Archive 3D... Just re did the materials in Bryce and lit it up.

Thanks Horo, the drop surprised me, All the scene is is the droplet from the Bryce library and one of your HDRI's... Depth of Field does the rest :)

Now catching up on the Render Challenge thread... I'm late in this time but I'd hate for it to be the first ever Render Chellenge I hadn't put an entry in for, so I'll have to whip up a storm sharpish laugh

Art - great anaglyphs, my goggles are always ready. The pier is very well done. With the temple, I have difficulties to get it right, it takea quite some effort to bring both parts together. Perhaps the colours. 

Dave - thanks for the clarification. Got to play with the drop, neat idea.

@vivien: What a great model you have made. Very good render too.

@Art: Very nice goof. What a pity I still don't have any 3D goggles.

@Dave Savage: Fantastic renders of the bulb. And the drop is spectacular!

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited June 2016

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments! Working on a cliff picture right now, another challenge for me and for Bryce. I have find the way to instance a lot of xfrog trees (about 1500) by reducing their polygons count with meshlab before importing them in Bryce. Quiet happy with the result. I'm using them in the background of my scene only.

Vivien : nice Spanish patio. The paved ground is looking good. I also have got a technic to make some good looking paved streets, I can send it to you if you like?

Dave : incredible light! This is looking so real!

Art : you've shown us some nice renders, I really like the landscapes one.

Post edited by c-ram on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Thank you Horo, Art , Mermaid, Hansmar... I am pleased how my Spanish house turned up. Apart from the windows , door and the freely bits of the top of the columns. The rest of the house  is all Bryce modelling.

Art- Nice goofing around

Dave - Great light bulbs. and love the idea of incorporating the HDRI atmosphere within the drop

C-Ram - waiting in anticipation for your next render...To tell you the truth after seeing your Paris render it inspired me to model something... No comparison of course, but I did want to make the paved area look more like your Paris street... So I would be happy as punch if you could share some techniques.

edited July 2016

Thank you all for your comments.  Horo - One thing that helped me focus the temple was to look at the ceiling of the temple first, then down; however, I'll re-render again this weekend with modified materials and see if that works.  I know it's a limitation when you have objects in the fore/background that come into play and the lenses are trying to make it all work together harmoniously. laugh

Here's some more.  The atrium is a bit difficult to view, but once you see it, it looks pretty good.  The mountain scene turned out pretty well, albeit a bit plain.

Atrium4_ALS.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 1M
    Winter_Mountain_ALS.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 589K
    edited July 2016

Art - the patio is a bit difficult at first but looks really good. Landscape is easy; landscapes look always somewhat miniature in 3D because after about 50 ft, there is no stereo view anymore and we take the distance clues from haze, faded contrast and de-saturated colours. Nevertheless, stereo landscapes can be charming, just think the beholder is a giant.

Inspired by Dave's droplet and Art's anaglyphs, here is another sort. The backdrop is a true spherical HDRI panorama anaglyph that had to be mirrored so that the colours get right in the mirror droplet. Adjusting DOF for the HDRI to have the backdrop enough blurred so that the swapped colours don't disturb the experience and have it nevertheless sharp in the mirror took a bit of experimenting.

Dropped 3D

Dropped3D.jpg
    840 x 1200 - 218K
    Post edited by Horo on

Dave- awesome bulb lighting, the droplet is awesome.

Art -nice anaglyphs, only the temple did not work for me.

Vivien – hat’s off to your awesome modeling. I'm trying to model in Bryce for the past year, definitely modeling is not my cup of tea.laugh

Horo – nice droplet anaglyph, unfortunately it did not work for me.

This discussion has been closed.