Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 498
    edited July 2016

Horo - Do you have a particular lens system you use all the time or does it vary and why do you use it?  I pretty much use the ALST+ all the time for no particular reason. It's just what I started with.

Your anaglyph is awesome!  I really like the depth from the HDRI anaglyph reflections. Great work.

Ok, I tried some different with the temple. I left the texture colors as is, but fiddled with the lens system.  The water at the bottom is almost coming out of the screen, but the main focus is the depth of the temple. Is this any better?

Cista_Sanctus_ALS2.jpg
    600 x 900 - 511K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,294

Mermaid - the 3D effect is in the droplet, lower part. Perhaps you have to click on the image to get the larger version. The backdrop should be behind the droplet.

Art - thank you. Ah, now it works a treat! The temple just pops right up. Hugely better than the previous one. When I do anaglyph renders, I experiment which one to use (_ALS, ALST, ALST+) and usually start with the simplest one, the _ALS. The "T" ones have a moving target with which the distance between the red and green lenses can be adjusted.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

@Horo: Wonderful drop render!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184

Art- the temple has a nice depth.

Horo- I saw that, I was expecting the droplet to pop out too. Silly me.

Using an idea from Dave’s droplet post, I made a new siggy. I’m posting this here to get the link for my siggy.

siggy04com.jpg
    600 x 100 - 13K

@mermaid010: Very nice signature!

edited July 2016

Hansmar - thank you.

Mermaid - well done signature.

Seems that we got inspired by Dave. Two droplets mirroring an HDRI.

Twin Drops

TwinDrops.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 179K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2016

Horo - Thanks for the information on the ALS. I checked out the videos for the lens you use and it seems to be a lot of work! LOL  Maybe I'll stick with the ALST+ for now. cheeky  Great teardrop reflections on your most recent render.

mermaid - Nicely done on the new signature.

Glad y'all were able to see the temple anaglyph.

My most recent...

Entered this one into a PC+ Members contest here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/97136/pc-inspiration-contest-june-29-2016/p1 (Can only be seen if you're a PC+ Member)

Used this product for most of the render, but created my own telescope in Wings 3D. http://www.daz3d.com/rosemill-astrometry   Not quite sure why it took over 12 hours to render, but that's what it needed.  Added a little DOF.  (ETA-the fill light was the culprit. blush)

Balneae.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 1014K
    Steampunk_Telescope.jpg
    800 x 800 - 666K
    Balneae1.jpg
    750 x 900 - 641K
    edited July 2016

Hansmar, Horo and Art thanks for the comments.

Hansmar - checked out your paintings at Deviantart, beautiful work.

Horo - awesome TwinDrops render.

Art- Wow another superb set of renders, thanks for sharing the PC one wink, let us know if you win yes

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited July 2016

Art - thank you. Very nice palace with the dolphins. It appears that a sandstorm is on its way considering the sky and the hazy interior. The telescope is awesome, great modeling skills. The palace with the shape in it looks great.

Mermaid - thank you.

I finished an abstract I started last September most probably following a turorial by David.

Gold Tassel

GoldTassel.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 249K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2016

Horo- lovely abstract

I also did a simple one using the AlienRoom Hdri

Eta: another of the same, viewed thru the EWL

abstract-alienroom.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 61K
    abstract2alienroom.jpg
    500 x 500 - 40K
    edited July 2016

@Horo: Fantastic christmas drops (could be)! Nice abstract too.

@Fencepost52: Wonderful set, specifically the telescope. But the others have a lot of great atmosphere.

@mermaid010: Lovely (I see music in them) abstracts. Really love the colours.

I made a quick abstract/fantasy render. Involves the Eastern Dragon of DAZ in what I think is its natural habitat. A terrain (Tile terrains 4) by Stephen Ray, horribly extended in the y and given the slope controlled perfect mirror texture by David Brinnen. The sky is 'Pink as can be' plus an abstract HDRI from a free set I found on the internet. I enabled the sun and added a spotlight that is directed at the dragon. Panoramic render.

Title: natural habitat.

natural habitat.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 943K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Mermaid - Very nice new signature . Lovely colors in the abstract using Hdri

Horo - Beautiful reflection on the droplets. I like the sharpness of the HDRI reflection. Also beautiful abstract jewel incrusted with sparkly diamonds

Art - Great set of renders. The telescope turned out really well. Love the leather look material in it.

Hansmar - The addition of the spotlight in the dragon habitat gives the impression of underwater depth... Nicely done.

Practicing more modelling, this time a modern patio... the plants and the pillows are from archive 3d, the rest is modelled using bryce primitives

modern patio.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 84K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited July 2016

Sorry double post

Post edited by vivien on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited July 2016

Well I have to say, I think applying Horo's technique of stacked terrains to water made from terrains is proving to be very engaging.

There is still room for more development, but I think the spray on top of the waves is really coming on in this render.

Water terrain is Mordor fractal generated in the Terrain Editor with a water material from Horo and David's weather set... The water has then been modified to suit.

The Spray layer is David's Volumetric Snow material from the Pro Materials that come free with Byrce 7 Pro. With the quality/Speed set from 70 to 24.

The sky is from one of Horo's HDRI's with Bryce clouds I layered on top of it

And the ship is the Schooner freebie from somewhere off the internet.

This one took just over an hour to render (I used the premium render engine so no AA pass.

SeaSpraySchooner.jpg
    675 x 975 - 507K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited July 2016

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Horo - Great abstract. Love the colors

mermaid - Nice abstract from you, as well.  Abstracts are what got me into Bryce. 

hansmar - I was going to say the same thing as vivien that it has an underwater feel.  An unearthly underwater feel, with the pink, but very well done.

vivien - Cool patio scene!  You're doing very well with modeling.

Dave - WoW!  That's just really awesome.  I may have to give that a try.

A pencil sketch of one of my previous renders.  Took a long time to modify the materials on this one! Whew!  I don't like how the bump mapping disappeared on the flat surfaces closest to the camera.  I made sure they were set right.  Unfortunate.

Balneae1_Pencil_Sketch.jpg
    667 x 800 - 528K
    edited July 2016

Mermaid - thank you. Very nice abstracts.

Hansmar - thank you. Natural habitat is a great render, no underwater feeling for me.

Vivien - thank you. You're making great progress in modeling; nice place, too.

Dave - that sea looks awesome, the sky looks great as well. It looks almost like a painting.

Art - thank you. Very nice pecil sketch, I don't see what you're complaining about, looks great to me.

I used the Flat Ribbon Knot from the library and set it to fully transparent with a refraction index of 1.1 (110) to get some reflections. The WpH86_SC250 HDRI in the background and the EWL in front of the camera. A bit busy and garish, the outline of the form of a heart made me think of emotions.

Emotions

Emotions.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 165K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar – thanks, nice abstract more like a surreal underwater scene.

Vivien – thanks, your modeling is awesome beautiful render

Dave- beautiful, love the sprays a very painterly render

Art - thanks,  Star Wars got me into 3D and Bryce 5.5. was very affordable at the time, but I gave up after a while till Pro 7 was for grabs. Lovely Pencil sketch.

Horo- thanks another awesome abstract.

edited July 2016

Vivien, Art, Horo, Mermaid: Thanks. Now, for clearing up some of the misunderstanding, the bright spot at the back right is not the spotlight. The spotlight is behind the camera. The underwater feeling is caused by fog, I guess.

Great modelling, Vivien! Good renderwork too.

Dave: Water looks fantastic! Not fully convinced about the spray, but I can't do better myself.

Art: just consider the lost bump part of the vagueness that you get when focussing on something further away, whether or not that is the reason does not really matter, I think. In total, it is a great render.

Horo: Lovely abstract. The middle of the 'heart' makes me think of money!

I visited the 'Jheronimus Bosch Art Centre' in the city of Den Bosch, not having been able to go to the big exposition of most of his works in the same city earlier this year. The Art Center has reproductions at large size of most or all of his works as well as sculptures of some of his strange beings. That inspired me to create some strange beings myself. One of them, I used for both renders. The light one attempts to also show some strange trees, kind like Bosch also painted. The dark one has the element of burning places, that is in much of his 'hell' painting parts. Creatures are a combination of DAZ people/animals, Hexagon made elements and other bits and pieces. Trees made in NgPlant, with which you can make the most weird trees.

boschland.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    boschnight.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 893K
    edited July 2016

Quick post before bed and I'll comment on the other works posted in the morning...

Another pencil sketch....really pleased with the outcome.  Goodnight, y'all!

Balneae1_Colored_Pencil_Sketch.jpg
    667 x 800 - 647K
    edited July 2016

Thanks all... I've been playing aorund with different settings and by stretching the "foam" layer more and less to try and get it just right... Still not perfect, but progress.

SeaSprayNightALT.jpg
    1200 x 599 - 447K
    SeaSpraySchoonerALT3.jpg
    1200 x 599 - 528K
    SeaSprayNight.jpg
    1200 x 702 - 522K

Fencepost: Great pencil sketch renders... I didn't comment on the 3D one's because I don't have the glasses for those. I do the squinty eyed 3D ones that don't need glasses but less people can see the effect.

Horo: Interesting idea... I do like what refraction can do to objects.

Hansmar: Great surealism... Love the trees especially. Have you ever tried making plants from metaballs. Michael Frank used to do some mind blowing work with those. http://www.digisprawl.com/blog/artist-feature/bryce-artist-feature-03-michael-frank/

edited July 2016

Art: Yes, that is a very good pencil sketch render!

Dave: Wonderful experiments with the water. Love the sky in the second one. Thanks for the comment and suggestion. You can do such wonderful things with NgPlant, by experimenting. For a contest months ago, I actually made a man with it (a tree man). Must have been in a 'trees' contest. I did 'model' with metaballs a couple of times; not trees yet. I'll look up that reference. 

And I made a quick abstract now. Just the 'expander coil' in a fully reflective sphere with a fill light, IBL, sun and panoramic rendering. No TA, because not needed for this one. I call it 'uncoiled'.

uncoiled.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

Mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you; yes, money can have an emotional content and can also break the heart. Great Jheronimus Bosch inspired art. Very well done. Uncoiled is a very nice abstract. I really like how it turned out.

Art - great pencil sketch with de-saturated colours.

Dave - Great work on the waves. None convince me completely but each one is better than what I've come up so far. A simple thing that is very difficult to get right.

edited July 2016

Hansmar - I like the abstracts inspired by Jheronimus Bosch.  Never heard of him before so it gave me some new artwork to become familiar with and supply some new inspiration.  Thank you for sharing.  I also like Uncoiled.  Where did you get the model?  

Horo - Really like the "heart" abstract.  Neat how those experiments turn out.

Dave - The ocean scenes are very well done and your changes are becoming more realistic with each go.  Very painterly look to them. Congrats.

I'm working on converting more of my renders to pencil sketches.  I really like how they look and it gives me something to do when the creative juices just aren't flowing! LOL  Here's a few more.  

Disconsolation3_Pencil_Sketch.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 980K
    TrunkVignette1_Pencil_Sketch.jpg
    800 x 800 - 757K
    Atrium4_Pencil_Sketch.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 1M
    edited July 2016

Hansmar- the surreal renders are very nice, the Uncoiled is awesome.

Art-all the pencil sketches are awesome, love the Trunk Vignette

Dave – great painting oops renders, the last one is my favorite. Thanks for the link about Michael Frank. I remember about 2 years ago he had some of us playing with metaballs; we had loads of fun doing metaball renders.

Looking for the snow material Dave mentioned, (which I didn’t find yet) I ended up doing abstracts using Hdris, primitives, materials from the Pro materials and in some cases the GWL or EWL. The first uses the Alien Room Hdri and the Gwl and the second uses an Hdri from the Golden Lighting and the Vignette EWL

I uploaded most of the renders to my Pinterest account, the link for those interested.

https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/bryce-3d-abstracts/

Aliensphere.jpg
    500 x 500 - 35K
    sphereVigewl.jpg
    600 x 600 - 56K
    edited July 2016

Art - thank you. Nice coloured pencil sketches. They have a charm of their own.

Mermaid - great abstracts, both of them.

A bit of vegetation, six weeping willows and a black oak made in Arbora (well, actually used presets) and four Bryce trees for the grass blades. The terrain is from our Hi-Res Terrain Set 1, made very low and a copy made high and lowered to get the hills in the backdrop. A simplified material I once got from Dvid. Ambient light from a sky dome HDRI that comes with the Hi-Res Terrain Set 2 and the sun as key light. Below the terrains is a parallel light with infinite width to brighten up some black parts. Because the foliage of the Arbaro trees were set to translucency, render time was 20 hours. Then I noticed that the black oak was on the grass and had it to lower and plop render it, which took another almost 7 hours.

Morning Mood

MorningMood.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 377K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 863
    edited July 2016

Phew, The pace of this thread is so fast, I fell quite behind...

@mermaid010: Your tent looks IMHO much better, before your inhabitants of the tent seem to use one of this modern halogen bulb with this rather cold white light. The underwater scene and the abstract are lovely as well. One of them reminds a bit of a water flea :)

@Keryna: Your moebius form has excellent materials. I love it.

@Fencepost52: I don't know where I should start, all of your pics are outstanding. I especially like your telescope picture and the barn scene. I am very fond of the bark for the tree you used in the first version of the picture.

@Horo: And I have to repeat myself: I don't know where I should start, all of your pictures are outstanding. The black and white droplet, I am sure I was in the mirrored forest once. Nicely done.

@Hansmar: Great scene with the man and the car and the lady AND HER HAT! Wow! And your strange beings, before I read your text I saw the picture and thought "Hansmar goes Hieronymus Bosch". Like them!

@c-ram: Chapeau! Marvelous mountain scene! I would be very interested in your technic to make good looking paved street. Maybe you have the time to make a short tutorial?

@MonkeyC: Great abstract. Hope your stability test came out well.

@vivien: Thank you very much for your kind comment to my secretary. Your spanish "hacienda" turned out really nice. Well modelled! The indoor scene is gorgeous, too. The onyl

@Dave: Your bulb looks with of without light simply great. And your water looks very convincing. Thank you for sharing your making-of.

My last scene is called "Never look back". Render time about 2 hours. IBL and TA with 144 rpp.

Never look back

neverlookback.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 545K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited July 2016

Art: Thank you. Wow, someone that has not yet heard of Jheronimus Bosch! Must be my bias as a Dutchman, thinking he was world famous (though from the Middle ages!) I see you are really into the pencils now. I think I like them most when there is not too much colour. The Expander Coil is in a set by Jonathan Cummings that came with one of my Bryce versions. I guess you have it somewhere too.

Mermaid: Thanks. Both abstracts look amazing. You make very good use of the HDRIs.

Horo: Very nice scene. Is it my eyes or do the leaves of the trees look like having quite some dots, as if the quality is not very high?

Electro-Elvis: Ah, you recognised my attempt to bo 'Boschisch' I bought a very nice book with details of his paintings (and the complete paintings in there as well) and I guess I'll try to do more of those kind of renders. You should next time probably resize your render that you paste in as picture yourself. The lady suddenly has an even longer cleavage than you made originally, as I can see in the small version. She is clearly elongated in the larger version. However, she is normal size if you click on the picture. But, I have to say, she looks very good, from every perspective!

I made another abstract, this time with metaballs. This is the view inside a set of linked metaballs. I thought of a bottle, when seeing it, so I added a number of drops (from the Misc(elaneous) set of objects).

'Down the bottle'

down the bottle.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

Nice renders in so various themes and style, I like them all!

@Horo : really nice result with this river and those trees! I'll add more and more vegetation.. but that's my point of view, you know how I work.

@Electro elvis : thank you, very nice result with your character! We are far from lux render touch but you're near of kitty one, if you know her. I am working on a Tutorial for the paved street. I'm not going to publish it in the forum but if you are interested, just send me your mail adress in a p.m.

edited July 2016
    Dave – great painting oops renders, the last one is my favorite. Thanks for the link about Michael Frank. I remember about 2 years ago he had some of us playing with metaballs; we had loads of fun doing metaball renders.

Thanks and yes... His work was the best anyone has ever done in Bryce in my opinion... I've got some of the metaball plants I attempted at the time back out... Not nearly as good or detailed as the one's Michael made as I don't have the patience or metaball/multi-replicate skills... But I was very pleased with my Metaball Mushrooms.

Looking for the snow material Dave mentioned, (which I didn’t find yet)

Pro Materials/SFX/Top row, second one on. smiley

Screen-shot-2016-07-10-at-01.37.27.jpg
    677 x 421 - 144K
    MetaMushrooms.jpg
    664 x 960 - 61K
This discussion has been closed.