Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

David - I suppose the colors of the second landscape are more realistic... Somehow the first one more of an impact for me... Both very nice

Horo - Really lovely looking shapes . The colors and lighting are beautiful and thanks for the new product. They do look good in your two landscapes.

Mermaid - Beautiful landscape . I like the misty mood. Dolphins and tent turned out quite nice as well.

A3dLover - Nice abstract

Art - Beautiful renders . I particularly like the first one. Very realistic garden setting

c-ram - WOW, Simply amazing work. I wish the render had a zoom button to get close to all the incredible details you have put in this mammoth render.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

vivien - Thank you very much!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392

Horo- beautiful landscape, the lighting is awesome

C-ram – absolutely magnificent work of art. yes

Hansmar - thanks

Art – Wow all your weekend renders are awesome my fav Jardin_de_Sevilla2

Vivien – Thanks

edited June 2016

mermaid - Thank you. That was a fun one to make.

Here's a couple more...

A closeup of another render I'm doing.

Experimenting with faux vegetation and spherically mapped cloudscapes.  Can't recall which David/Horo product this particular cloud came from, but it was one of these:

http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-cloudscapes or http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-cloudscapes-2

ETA:

Welcome.jpg
    800 x 800 - 637K
    Islands_2_10.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 784K
    Dovecote_Folly.jpg
    800 x 800 - 684K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

Art: Fantastic works. I see you love your ivy!

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@Sean, Hansmar and Mermaid : Thank you.

@Horo : glad to read that my render have a "photo touch". I've try to put my best here but I must admit that it's difficult to compose and to model that kind of scene. It is taking a lot of time compare to lanscapes one. Just a word about memory, here I am about 3gb in term of usage.

@Art : thank you! I like your new renders, you've got success and talent with Bryce.

@Vivien : thank you very much. If you like my render, I could send you the final result in a higher resolution to let you appreciate the detail. Resolution will be about 4000 per 1300 pics.  Just send me a P.M if you're interested.

Art - really beautiful renders, keep them coming.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

So I picked up Bryce last week as part of the 2013 bestsellers sale and have been spending a lot of time watching @davidbrinnen's tutorials and visiting @horo's website.

Here's my first attempt (inspired by David's "Geocrafting a canyon" tutorial)

Follow the Leader

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited June 2016

Hansmar - thank you.

Art - thank you. Great renders from you (previous page and here). Difficult to say which one I like best.

vivien - thank you.

c-ram - I'm amazed the scene uses "only" 3 GB.

Mermaid - thank you.

TabascoJack - nice to see you here. Great start. Keep it up.

I put Art's Treble and Bass Clef to use. Thanks again.

Concerto Flores

ConcertoFlores.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 230K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@horo : Yes, only 3gb, a lot of elements on the bridges and the buildings are cloned manually, that's why I can put so much details in the picture. 

Your new render using Art clef model is wonderful, I like all this vegetation and the beetle touch, great!

TabascoJack - welcome to the forum, nice render, looking forward to more.

Horo- wow, really awesome render using Art's Treble and Bass Clef

After watching Horo's stacked terrain tutorial, I came up with this:

Mountain Lake Sunset

edited June 2016

Thank you, all, for your kind words.  I'm having lots of fun with Bryce.

TabascoJack: Welcome to the forum and nice artwork.  Looks like you're well on your way with Bryce.

Horo: Love the render!  I particularly like the reflections in the the clefs.  I notice some of them are blurred.  Is that due to DOF or blurred reflections?

Another one from me:

Arcade_di_Janus2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 470K
    edited June 2016

@TabascoJack: Very welcome to this forum. Great first renders! Hope to see much more from you.

@Horo: very good use of Art's work. Now I think I want to get it too, because there is much that can be done without music, I see.

@Art: very nice Arc. Did you make that yourself?

OK, While my laptop is crunching away on an attempt for the contest, I'll upload a modified render of an earlier contest submission (Spring).

spring_2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 980K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 872
    edited June 2016

@hansmar: Haha, that's a good one and well done

@Fencepost52: Nice to see you again here in the forum. I love all of your new pics. They have a very convincing lighting.

@TabascoJack: Lovely atmosphere, the water looks good

@Horo: The flowers looking amazingly good. Wonderful little scene

@c-ram: Your Paris render, that is simply perfection and dedication. Chapeau!

@mermaid010: Beautiful tent render. I wonder how it would look, if the light in the tent has a slight reddish tint.

First I just wanted to look how my last purchase, an office dress, from the DAZ store looks like. And then I decided to build a simple office around the lady. And now I think she should do anything, e.g. hold a folder, but the render time is quite long and have rendered it I guess already 5 times, so I decided it is good how it is now.

An Afternoon in the Office

office.jpg
    800 x 600 - 295K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

TabascoJack - very nice sunset render

Art - another beautiful render, love it.

Hansmar- lovely render, a lot of your renders have a painterly look, it's so cool.

Electro-elvis - thanks will try will a reddish tintlaugh. As usual another lovely render, the lighting is awesome.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement!  I'm having a lot of fun (and a little bit of pulling my hair out) learning Bryce.  

@Fencepost52 - fantastic renders.

@Hansmar - love the concept!

@Electro-Elvis - great job on the lighting - I like the glow through the vase on the bookshelf.

edited June 2016

c-ram - thank you.

Mermaid - thank you.

TabascoJack - ah, stacked terrains, see below. Mountain Lake Sunset is very well done.

Art - thank you. Yes, it's DOF. I had to use DOF to match it with the background HDRI. Great POV on your render.

Hansmar - thank you. I love your interpretation of spring.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Great render. The lady IS doing something. She has just put a folder back and now walks to the door to greet a visitor.

The scene has 80 terrains - well, 16 tiled 1024 resolution Mordor terrains made into a 4096, reduced a copy to 2048 to stack and reduced a copy again to 1024 and put them in the background. For the second one, I sharpened the 4096 strong, then blurred it weak (in TE-Filters) and replaced it. I somehow like how the veins got exaggerated but prefer the first one nevertheless - looks a bit more natural. The sky is MorningClouds from the HDRI Enhanced Skies set, the HDRI offset by 65°.

Veins of OreVeins of Ore A

VeinsOfOre.jpg
    1200 x 855 - 204K
    VeinsOfOreA.jpg
    1200 x 855 - 219K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - I just picked up TE-Filters today in the vendor sale (along with the Vegetation pack).  Working through the videos now and hope to have something interesting to show in the next few days.  

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 872
    edited June 2016

@mermaid010, Horo, Tabasco Jack: Thank you

@Horo: Both scenes look great, but I prefer the second one, too.

Once I wanted to try out a new skin colour for me. Therefore I used the DAZ3D model Grace for Victoria 4.2. Light by IBL and TA with 144 rpp. Render time about 1 h 50 m. That's o.k. I think.

Grace in front of a maple leaf tree

v4afroyellow.jpg
    800 x 800 - 633K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Echoes of the Phoenix

The evening devotion begins in solitude as the sun sinks below the sacred peaks of Bryn'elth

Bryce Pro 7.1
    Daz 4.9
    Postwork in Photoshop

As I was experimenting in Bryce in creating terrains with Horo's TE Filters, and rotating the terrain around to find interesting perspectives, I noticed the mountain formation that looked like upthrust wings.  That led me to a landscape with the sun behind the formation.  In looking for another point of interest, I thought echoing the shape of the mountain in a character would be a good choice and provide a bit of story...

Last time, my laptop was working on a render. I decided to save it and then continue. Whaaat? It starts anew! That is not what I wanted. Days of rendering lost (volumetric clouds, several lights, transparency, the works). Frustation make me start working on another one.

Nevertheless, thanks Electro-Elvismermaid010TabascoJack and Horo. Regarding the painterly look, maybe that is because I was a painter (amateur, but with some experience) long before I was a 3D artist? I might just favour that kind of look.

@Electro-Elvis. Nice office scene. Quite an orderly lady, with most of the binders (is that what they are called) of the same colour on the same level. But I have to say, she is rather curvy for that outfit. Makes the office dress look a very sexy look.

@Horo: Oh yes, tiled terrains. Good work. I do like both. Maybe if you put a little (more) haze in the second one, you will have best of both worlds: not too sharp, but still part of the exagaration of the veins? Great sky!

@TabascoJack: You don't waste your time with simple test renders; straight for the great scenes, I see! Wonderful scene, it is. You may want to put a little more light in the shadowy parts. There are basically two ways I use for that; 1) use a weak distant fill light and regular render, or 2) use Image Based Lighting and True ambience in the premium render mode. David Brinnen must have several tutorials on these ways of controlling your light in the scene.

@Hansmar - I'll revisit it with adding some more light.  In the meantime, I did some more postwork and brightened up the foreground, adjusted color balance a bit more and added the lens flare.

edited June 2016
    Hansmar said:

@Art: very nice Arc. Did you make that yourself?

Thank you. No, I'm not that good of a modeler.  It's the Arcade di Janus model found in the Daz store (http://www.daz3d.com/arcade-di-janus)

Very nice concept with the springs! Love it.

horo - nice TE Filter experiment.  I can't decide which one is my favorite. Well done.

Electro-Elvis - Very nice office scene.  Your image of Grace is not showing up for me.

TabascoJack - Mountain scene and concept are well-executed.

Here's a simple springtime mountainside scene. 4 stacked terrains with different materials and slightly different terrain structure for a more lush effect.

Springtime_Mountainside.jpg
    1280 x 640 - 821K

Electro-Elvis - thank you. I'm always amazed how good you get skin in Bryce.

TabascoJack - great idea to with the winged character in front of that mountain formation.

Hansmar - thank you.

Fencepost - that's a beautiful mountainscape, vegetation looks very natural.

@Fencepost52: Thank you. Very good looking mountains!

edited June 2016

Thank you, Horo and Hansmar

Camping_Trip.jpg
    1250 x 625 - 881K
    edited June 2016

Experimenting with haze/fog...

AtriumFallenBaseFog.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 780K
    edited June 2016

Fencepost52 - great island render, Art. I'm less convinced with the haze in the building but it could be useful for a ghostly scene.

16 1024 Ridged Multifractal terrain tiles were exported and while generating the tiles, I additionally generated the 4 centre ones in 2048 resolution. The two assembled 4096 terrains were then processed and combined. The 2 x 2 2048 tiles being the main terrain and the 4 x 4 1024 terrains the secondary one added with half the height to make the final terrain look more elaborate. The combination was stacked twice and given materials from the Hi Res Terrain sets 1 and 4. The HDRI is a sunless one I made last week.

Terraced Spots

TerracedSpots.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 282K
    Post edited by Horo on
    Horo said:

Fencepost52 - great island render, Art. I'm less convinced with the haze in the building but it could be useful for a ghostly scene.

Well, I was kinda going for spooky, but if it's not convincing, I need to go back to the drawing board. :-)

Great mountain scene.  I'm going to start experimenting with the Terrain Filters.  May I ask, what scale is your final terrain set to in the scene?  Are you working on a new sunless HDRI product?  I use your other one all the time!

This discussion has been closed.