Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited May 2016
    c-ram said:

@C-ram.  Landing... only think I can offer as an observation is this, I've noticed trees take longer to land than spheres.  So if you use the Edit shelf "convert selection to" option to exchanve trees for spheres, land them and then Edit shelf convert them back to trees, the landing will be faster.  But the trees will be default types.  Which may not be that helpful to you depending what you have in mind.

@David : thanks for the trick, this will help for some hundreds copy/paste trees but unfortunately, this will not work with thousands manual cloned trees.. I've started to land some, selecting them 10 by 10 and it's taking about 2 minutes.. I've got about 8000 trees.. well, as you already  know, I'm very patient with bryce..

It will be nice if bryce could land objects like Terragen (about a minute, even if you have 10 thousands things to land), but that's another debate.

Oh and a really nice new landscape from you! Incredible lighting, breath taking.

@Horo : beautiful renders. The way objects are lit is impeccable.

Post edited by c-ram on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2016

Art – nice to see your renders, with these awesome renders, you are far from losing your Bryce skills.

David – both your renders are awesome.  The 1st one is stunning.

Vivien – thanks for the nice comments.

Horo- the stills are beautiful.

The 1st render uses Horo’s RainClouds Hdri, ( I love this Hdri), the wall is from ShareCG by Spacebones. It's also a Blurry reflection one,  following David's Tut Anisotropic Reflection in a landscape

I have uploaded other renders using Horo’s Hdri Enhanced Skies here https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/bryce-3d-hdri-enhanced-skies/

The 2nd render -a still using the Alienroom Hdri.

enhanced23.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 43K
    dolphinalienroom.jpg
    600 x 600 - 24K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited May 2016

Mermaid - thank you. Beautiful bad weather render, looks quite convincing. The one with the dolphins is just beautiful. The HDRI Enhanced Skies set is (tentatively) scheduled to appear in the store by the end of this month.

I'll soon submit another HDRI set for all Daz programs that may, or may not, be accepted. Meanwhile I have fun with the Fifty Funky Shapes and Fifty Funky Metals and lighting them with this new set. Here's another one I call shapes akin.

Shapes Akin

ShapesAkin.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 193K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

Mermaid, Horo and Vivien: thanks for your kind remarks.

David Brinnen: another great render of that landscape, but the evening (or morning) one still has my fancy.

Horo: Looks like you are really having fun with the fun(k)y shapes. Great use of specular.

Mermaid: both your new renders look very good. I like the brooding sky over the lake and the dolphins look like they enioy themselves!

edited May 2016

c-ram - thank you.

Hansmar - yes I have and things render fast.

Here are two others, the last ones for a while. I had prepared a new HDRI set for all Daz programs and it was accepted for testing. I wanted to see what can be done with the specular maps.

Funky Shape 208TG

Funky Shape 405TT

FunkyShape208TG.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 115K
    FunkyShape406TT.jpg
    778 x 1000 - 258K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo- thanks, I’ll keep a lookout for the product when it’s in the store. Love all your funky stills, the Specular and Lighting are awesome.

Hansmar - thanks

Great work again, Horo. Though I get a bit extracted by the floor in the second one.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited May 2016
    Unbelievable landscape renders and skies posted here. I use a preset i made in bryce v4 for spacescapes even in v7 and pretty much the same for abstracts. Something from acouple years ago. Still using my old 90's pentium 4 desktop for most rendering.
    12 03 12 01ABS_Starter_1a.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 719K
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited May 2016
    Horo said:

The HDRI Enhanced Skies set is (tentatively) scheduled to appear in the store by the end of this month.

The set is now in the shop: http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-hdri-enhanced-skies  I'm playing around with it right now and it's a great set. Well done, Horo!  The videos explaining the various sky tab settings are awesome. I learned a bunch.

Note: This has been an unpaid, unsolicited advertisement. Spokesman is not a professional. laugh

Thank you everyone for the feedback on my work.  I'm enjoying all the wonderful, inspiring renders being posted.

@c-ram: You need to publish a book of your artwork.  Would love to purchase a copy.

Post edited by Fencepost52 on

@Art : thank you! Well.. I don't know if a publisher will be interested by a book of mine, I doubt.. I could make my own and print it via a specialized provider. Also, thanks for the suggestion.

edited May 2016
    c-ram said:

@Art : I could make my own and print it via a specialized provider. Also, thanks for the suggestion.

That's an option!  Maybe you could publish an 'e-book'.  Not sure how that's done, but I've purchased a couple of them.

Here's a few renders I completed over the weekend.

QuietReflectionVignette.jpg
    1250 x 625 - 100K
    Ras_Palace.jpg
    1250 x 676 - 672K
    TrunkVignette1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 673K
    edited June 2016

Double post.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 2016

Mermaid - thank you.

A3DLover - great abstract.

Art - thank you for your kind words and advertising the set. That place in a garden looks awesome, excellent photo-realistic render. The second one with the pool looks great, too. The indoor looks again very realistic with the shadows and the sun rays. The mask above the chair on the wall reminds me of Gimli, Gloin's son (Tolkien).

I said I would give the shapes a rest but here's another one I couldn't resist. It is lit by specular exclusively and rendered with TA. After an idea of David (Specular to TA Light) I investigated and experimented with for a few days. If you're interested in the method see the doc I compiled: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/Spec-to-TA-Light.pdf.

BoxedShape

BoxedShape.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 341K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 2016

Art - thank you for your kind words and advertising the set. 

You're welcome!  Also, your image is not showing up for me. 

That place in a garden looks awesome, excellent photo-realistic render. The second one with the pool looks great, too. The indoor looks again very realistic with the shadows and the sun rays. The mask above the chair on the wall reminds me of Gimli, Gloin's son (Tolkien). 

Thanks for the kind words.  I had lot of fun over the weekend!

A couple more from me.

Atrium1.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 746K
    Atrium2.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 751K
    edited June 2016

A3DLover – cool abstract

Art- WOW, all your renders are beautiful, great work.

Horo – your image does not show for me too.

A render using one of David’s Cloudscapes. The model is by Nergal83 from ShareCG

cloud5-deserttent.jpg
    749 x 500 - 76K

Art - ah, you're also using the Funky Shapes. Very nice backdrop to put them.

Mermaid - cool tent. Thank you for confirming Art's observation.

I'm not actually a great fan of this forum software. I had the comment double, the first had the thumbnail, the second the picture and I deleted the first so the thumbnail disappeared. Why I could see the picture also in a browser I never use for this forum remains a mystery. The picture could not be in the cache. Whatever, I deleted it now and reloaded it. Hopefully you can see it now. There is no means for me to test, because it displayed on 3 different browsers for me. 

edited June 2016

Mermaid - Thanks for your kind words!  Your tent scene looks great.  I need to revisit nergal83's stuff again.  It's really well done, but I got a product by him that didn't work and never tried again.

Horo - Thank you.  Your experiments with the funky shapes inspired me to use them and the metals.  Love that set.  You and David produce excellent materials (not so subtle hint for another material product!)  Yes, your image shows up now and looks really neat.  I'll have to re-read that document again because I did so the first time without Bryce in front of me and I didn't understand everything.  Looking forward to playing around with the technique.  Thank you for sharing it.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136

Horo - Thank you.  Your experiments with the funky shapes inspired me to use them and the metals.  Love that set.  You and David produce excellent materials (not so subtle hint for another material product!)  Yes, your image shows up now and looks really neat.  I'll have to re-read that document again because I did so the first time without Bryce in front of me and I didn't understand everything.  Looking forward to playing around with the technique.  Thank you for sharing it.

Feel free to make suggestions as to what kind of materials you would like to see made.  I don't have or wish to spend every moment wrangling vertices!

edited June 2016
    @Art: I've got to add a book or ebook to the list of my numerous projects. I also need to find the way to extend day time from 24 to 36h. Your last renders are all really nice, I particularly like the garden named quiet reflexion. @Horo : Impressive research with the specular/TA lightning, nice experiment!
    Post edited by c-ram on
    edited June 2016

Horo- thanks for the comment and Pdf, btw I could not see your previous image when I viewed the forum using a smart phone. The BoxedShape is cool.

Art - thanks, the tent model is nice but it took a while to add the materials.

edited June 2016

Feel free to make suggestions as to what kind of materials you would like to see made.  I don't have or wish to spend every moment wrangling vertices!

David - great now I have to put my thinking cap on!  You're asking me to move into dangerous territory, but I will try to come up with some ideas.  I see your models hitting the store and I'm sure you need a break from the pushing and pulling of vertices. smiley

c-ram said:
    @Art:  I also need to find the way to extend day time from 24 to 36h. 

c-ram - don't worry about the book. I'm more interested in the daytime extension.  Will that be a plugin for Bryce or life?  Hopefully I won't need more memory to run it. LOL   Thank you for your feedback on my works.  I'm having a blast.

Art - thanks, the tent model is nice but it took a while to add the materials.

mermaid - that's the same issue I ran into.  I'm going to give his models a try again and maybe I need to be more patient.

Another quick render from me.  Just playing around with haze.

Indigites1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 575K

Art - wow,  love the mood, great render.

edited June 2016

Art - nice hazy scene.

I went back to my landscapes for a change, playing with the new HDRI Enhanced Skies set.

Hilltop

Fiery Sky

Hilltop.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 156K
    FierySky.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 236K
    Post edited by Horo on

c-ram - don't worry about the book. I'm more interested in the daytime extension.  Will that be a plugin for Bryce or life?  Hopefully I won't need more memory to run it. LOL   

It will be for both, a plugin for life and for Bryce renders laugh.

Here we go. My last picture with my point of vue from Paris. A lot of work with the construction of the buildings and the composition. I'm not going to detail all the elements but just some kind of words about cars and low poly characters from dosch3d which add a lot of depth to the scene. Birds from noggins bundle.

Hope you like it and thanks everyone for your support on this project.

Paris.jpg
    1740 x 580 - 918K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    c-ram said:

c-ram - don't worry about the book. I'm more interested in the daytime extension.  Will that be a plugin for Bryce or life?  Hopefully I won't need more memory to run it. LOL   

It will be for both, a plugin for life and for Bryce renders laugh.

Here we go. My last picture with my point of vue from Paris. A lot of work with the construction of the buildings and the composition. I'm not going to detail all the elements but just some kind of words about cars and low poly characters from dosch3d which add a lot of depth to the scene. Birds from noggins bundle.

Hope you like it and thanks everyone for your support on this project.

Increadible work, a tour de force.  I am sure whatever I imagine, I will have underestimated the difficulty in bringing this beautiful scene to fruition.  Very nice work with the water and the atmospheric effects.  Both plausible and painterly.

@David : Thank you! It's always a pleasure to try something else in Bryce and architecture renders are nice to compose too. Right now I'm getting back to landscape, working on an alpine lake picture from horo's country. I'm also rendering "les quais de Paris" at a higher resolution to let you see more details.

I'll send you the result when it's finish.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

@C-ram, very nice paris render!

c-ram - amazingly amazing work, Marco. I've been to Paris several times (there was a time when I was an hour earlier in Paris than in Zurich even though the distance to Paris is double - the ticket for the TGV as well) and I must say looking at your render I get exactly the feeling as if I had photographed that scene (though when I walked along the Seine it was on the other side). Your scene is not only very elaborate, it does convey the feel of Paris.

@Horo: nice looking experimental render. And great landscapes.

@Fencepost52: good idea to put those thingies in landscapes. Really nice.

@mermaid010: Lovely atmosphere; fits the scene very well.

@c-ram: Truly amazing render. Must indeed have been a lot of a lot of work. But looks wonderful.

edited June 2016

Thanks, Hansmar, mermaid, and Horo!

Horo: I like your scenes and how you're able to use the different colored skies and make them look realistic.  So far, I haven't had much luck with that.  It's only blue and morning/evening skies.

c-ram: That is a really amazing render.  Well done.  

ETA some renders from this weekend.

Chalet_de_Sevilla1.jpg
    1250 x 625 - 794K
    Islands_2_10.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 784K
    Jardin_de_Sevilla2.jpg
    1250 x 703 - 963K
    BRC_Tranquility.jpg
    800 x 800 - 502K
This discussion has been closed.