Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378
    edited December 1969

C-ram - Wow a fabulous, truly beautiful render. I love how you, Dave and Tim get such depth, in your renders, a never ending land mass as far as the eyes can see. Really awesome work.

Dclane -Welcome to the Bryce forum. Your first render is nicely done. Hope to see more of your renders.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

While I had the wheat that I made in Arbaro out and the little alien dude... I knocked this together.

As simple as this scene is, I was right on the very edge of "Out Of Memory" as there are a lot of sheaves... Too many really as most of them are out of the depth of field. :cheese:

WheatFieldLeftSav.jpg
    1730 x 650 - 503K
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Another Bryce echosystem using both xfrog plants and Bryce trees. 4 days to render at 36 rays per pixel. Cloudscape from David Brinnen. Tractor from Daz. Cabanon mix modeled with bryce and wings3d.

Cheers from France.

Of course, this is another masterpiece from you, Mark!
    edited December 1969

Great to see these cloud renders Dave, seeing them in the context of a composed scene really adds a sense of scale.

Meanwhile, the same sky as previous but coloured up different.
    Windmill made from a lighthouse. :cheese:

Your skills being improved!
    edited December 1969

While I had the wheat that I made in Arbaro out and the little alien dude... I knocked this together.

As simple as this scene is, I was right on the very edge of "Out Of Memory" as there are a lot of sheaves... Too many really as most of them are out of the depth of field. :cheese:

In what way you duplicate the spikelets?
    I think there are too few objects to come "Out Of Memory".

edited December 1969

slepalex said:

Instance Lab.
    There are 1000 instances of a complex sheaf of wheat, each composed of 50 stalks and being 75,600 polygons.
    The file size is 543mb and I regularly had to save, quit and restart Bryce to do the most simple tasks as it would give the "Out of Memory" message and soon after crash out.

The Instances aren't real instances I think because they are complex groups and Bryce's Instance Lab handles them in a different way to Bryce Primitives or single mesh objects. :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited June 2015

This from memory as I am lying in Tenerife ATM :-)

Choose one; Un-group it; re-group it; lower the mash in smoothing; instance it at forty instances; paste it and select them; group them and move into place; un-group and repeat until you have enough in the scene.

I think that's how I do it :)

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

@c-ram - très jolie vignoble. Beautiful scene with the vineyard in the foreground and the Vosges (?) in the background.

@dclane - great to see you here. I can only speak for myself: I'm not talented at all, it's all Bryce doing the nice things.

@Dave - sheaves look great. Ungroup and instance, than group again. Then they can be instanced in the IL. Pergaps do a few and rotate them. then use them all in the IL. Or do it manually as Sandy suggests.

edited December 1969

slepalex said:

Instance Lab.
    There are 1000 instances of a complex sheaf of wheat, each composed of 50 stalks and being 75,600 polygons.
    The file size is 543mb and I regularly had to save, quit and restart Bryce to do the most simple tasks as it would give the "Out of Memory" message and soon after crash out.

The Instances aren't real instances I think because they are complex groups and Bryce's Instance Lab handles them in a different way to Bryce Primitives or single mesh objects. :)

I also save the scene after each operation in Instancing Lab. Otherwise, you may lose some work. I think everyone knows that.
    543mb is too much. My computer will not be able this. However, it is necessary to make real instances!
    Read my comment here:
    http://hansmar.deviantart.com/art/Treeline-494128484?q=gallery:Hansmar/32817351&qo=32
    As well as these forum threads:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13931/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3381/P15

edited December 1969

slepalex said:
    I also save the scene after each operation in Instancing Lab. Otherwise, you may lose some work. I think everyone knows that.
    543mb is too much. My computer will not be able this. However, it is necessary to make real instances!
    Read my comment here:
    http://hansmar.deviantart.com/art/Treeline-494128484?q=gallery:Hansmar/32817351&qo=32
    As well as these forum threads:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13931/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3381/P15

Thanks for that.
    Job's done now and I've moved onto something else, but it's always good to refresh my memory of techniques.... One day, some of these things may actually stick in there :-)
    edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    This from memory as I am lying in Tenerife ATM :-)

Choose one; Un-group it; re-group it; lower the mash in smoothing; instance it at forty instances; paste it and select them; group them and move into place; un-group and repeat until you have enough in the scene.

I think that's how I do it :)

Thanks Fishtales (and Horo).

The older I get, the less patience I have... I have to admit that once I get the picture in my head, my method is usually to find the quickest way to get it finished and all that ungrouping and grouping.... (and Rashad's method of "show as box" to make it easier to navigate round the GUI) seems like a distraction to me when I'm totally involved in getting the picture done. :-)

Of course, it pays to take time to organise stuff properly in the first instance (no pun intended), and would be a massive help on a scene that was going to be revisited and refined over several days.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@ Mermaid : thank you! Looking forward to send you the flowered field scene those days by a Dropbox link.

@ Alex : thank you my friend! Check your mail box, I'm going to send you a full sized render of my Flowered-field picture

@ Horo : Merci beaucoup, cela ressemble aux Vosges Alsaciennes effectivement, quel regard tu as! - Thank you so much, it looks like the Alsacian-Vosges, you've really got good eyes!

@ Dave : use manual instance to clone your objects, in my last picture the vineyard in the foreground only takes 500Mb of memory and as you can see, there is a lot.

edited December 1969

Inspired by the works of C-RAM, I also created some rural scenery with fields.
    Here's another.
    ___

Already sky breathed in autumn

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 16 rpp, time 18:20:00.
    Lighting: sun, Sphere Dome Light.
    Used transparent foliage and Instancing Lab.
    In scene two bryce tree, a bush of Onyx, the grass from the library, and so forth.
    File size 28.2 MB.

Уж_небо_осенью_дышало.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 587K
    edited June 2015

Here's another.
    ___

It was the month of May.

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 16 rpp, time about 120 hours.
    Lighting: sun, Sphere Dome Light.
    File size 58.6 MB.
    Here are a few Bryce trees and 3 mesh-grass. Houses in the background modeled in Bryce.
    Such a long render due to the transparent properties of grass and leaves.

Был_месяц_май.jpg
    1680 x 840 - 832K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Dave - Beautiful renders. The clouds variations are looking so nice. And I do like the wheat you made.

Horo - You are most welcome, is the least I can do for all the work you and David put in for the whole group. I love your robot render. The lighting and shadows are just perfect.

David - Great panoramas . So much detail

C-ram - I'm speechless. I want to enlarge your renders more and more to see what else you managed to add in the background.

Dclane - Welcome, and you should be proud, it is a nice render

Slepalex - Great two renders. The first one seems to have a more realistic feel to it.

edited December 1969

@c-ram - you're welcome. Been there more than once, lovely paysage.

@slepalex - both are absolutely beautiful renders. I do agree with vivien1 about the 1st looking more real. I think it is the colour of the vegetation at left that gives this feeling. The plants in the field look very real.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@ Slepalex : breathtaking renders! There are part of my favorite collection at deviantart. I like the way you compose your scenes, as usual, very inspiring like my work for you. We are mutual followers I think!

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this now. Which I ought to be, since I can't leave the program alone and am becoming addicted to the point where I've told myself 'If you think you haven't been sucked into yet another expensive habit, then Daz have got a bridge to sell to you'. And sure enough, they did... :)

Dawn_Over_The_Bridge.jpg
    800 x 600 - 67K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited June 2015

Beautiful pastoral landscapes from both C-ram and Slepalex, your work always impresses me for both it's complexity and its composition. And strong start from Dclane, who I've not seen before, so hello.

Well, my contribution is not so pretty. Light sensitive volume material effect - by David Brinnen

I've been picking away at the materials again, before I got bogged down in building works (which I still am) I was looking into trying to recreate convincing underwater and that had led me to toy with a couple of things, procedural gels and light sensitive materials. The solution I eventually employed didn't use either for reasons which might become obvious from the video. But it has prompted me to start investigating what can be done with light sensitivity. It's a very curious thing, possible a very broken thing... I don't know.

So here's a bit of fun that I hope might inspire other users to dust of the light sensitive volume control and see what happens.

Lsvme1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

A lot of very nice images being posted.

edited December 1969

Mill №1.

Mill modeled in Bryce of several elements (logs and boards) made in the Wings. Logs have been cloned, grouped. Groups of clones repeatedly duplicated, and so on. File size 1.18 MB. All procedural textures. At the end of the work I was disappointed. As is known, cloned objects can not be added to the library. However, such a model can be loaded into the scene with command "Merge". But when you try to get this mill into a new scene with command "Merge", Bryce instantly crashed with an error message. Although I have such operations carried out very successfully before. For example, here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/56326
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/56776
    ___

In the second picture a few elements from which was built a mill.
    It remains one consolation: I can create the landscape around this mill. :-)

logs.jpg
    672 x 528 - 49K
    мельница1.jpg
    672 x 840 - 71K
    edited December 1969

Dave – another lovely render.

C-ram – looking forward to receiving the Flowered field scene

Slepalex – both your field renders are stunning, love the still renders you linked to, and the windmill is a nice model.

Dclane – another nice render keep them coming

David – I see a lot of abstract potential with your new video. Thanks

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

something new from me today :)

snow_peaks.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 213K
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

slepalex said:
    Mill №1.

Mill modeled in Bryce of several elements (logs and boards) made in the Wings. Logs have been cloned, grouped. Groups of clones repeatedly duplicated, and so on. File size 1.18 MB. All procedural textures. At the end of the work I was disappointed. As is known, cloned objects can not be added to the library. However, such a model can be loaded into the scene with command "Merge". But when you try to get this mill into a new scene with command "Merge", Bryce instantly crashed with an error message. Although I have such operations carried out very successfully before. For example, here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/56326
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/56776
    ___

In the second picture a few elements from which was built a mill.
    It remains one consolation: I can create the landscape around this mill. :-)

Odd. It has worked for me. In the past I would make a model with instanced parts. The only say to save them to the library without it crashing the next time it is used is to ensure that the source objects are saved as well as the instanced ones. So if I have instanced spheres in the model I need to ensure that the original sphere is included within the group somewhere before I save it to the library.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Seriously gorgeous renders going on here. I'm jealous!

edited December 1969

Meanwhile.... Down at the beach.

This one started as an experiment to make footsteps in the sand... Then I got mixed up in building the scene around the sandy bit and then tried a way to soften the join between the water and the sand by adding noise to a copied beach terrain (that kind of worked).

The lighting could have been better on this but after I'd improved that, V4 had decided it was a topless beach so I can't post that one.

BeachBabe.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 215K
    edited December 1969

@dclane - that's a nice render with the bridge.

@David - interesting effect.

@slepalex - nice windmill. Like Rashad, I suspect that the master got lost on the way. I'm not an instancing master but have experienced a couple of crashes on reloading a saved scene and it was always when I had the master removed.

@Tim - very nice scene.

@Dave - that came out nice. The water/sand edge looks very good. I like the footsteps, but since there are, I miss them around the lady. I'm not sure she's near enough to the water that they got washed out.

edited December 1969

Tim – beautiful render.

Dave – another awesome render, love the water edge.

Some Abstracts done in Bryce 3D using Light sensitive volume material effect –by David Brinnen

The 3rd uses the GWL from Lens and Filter Pack

The 4th uses the EWL

lightsensitive2a-ewl.jpg
    600 x 600 - 47K
    lightsensitive2-gwl.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 77K
    lightsensitive2.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 64K
    lightsensitive2a.jpg
    600 x 600 - 69K
    edited December 1969

Odd. It has worked for me. In the past I would make a model with instanced parts. The only say to save them to the library without it crashing the next time it is used is to ensure that the source objects are saved as well as the instanced ones. So if I have instanced spheres in the model I need to ensure that the original sphere is included within the group somewhere before I save it to the library.

Rashad, I never once turned out to save the object with instances to the library. However, this issue needs further study. One moment: to keep such questionable objects should be in a new blank file. Otherwise, you may lose forever the library file. :-(

edited December 1969

Horo said:

@slepalex - nice windmill. Like Rashad, I suspect that the master got lost on the way. I'm not an instancing master but have experienced a couple of crashes on reloading a saved scene and it was always when I had the master removed.

Horo, I seem to be did not lose master. File beautifully saved and opened again. Although I had a similar case. I deleted the master and save the scene. But I could not open it. As a result, the work of the whole week was lost.

This discussion has been closed.