Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis - interesting renders, looking good.

@mermaid010 - the terrain block looks very nice, coal and silver. The pink is fantastic, who'd thought it's a terran?

I used the same terrain recipe as here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56309/P30/#827156 but reduced the height dramatically. Only the material on the higerst resolution terrain was changed - and the HDRI and lighting. The trimotor plane is from DAZ (2005 by Daniel Askins).

Returning.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 92K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo :-)

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Horo - Very good idea to light up CTipppetts grate. Looks very nice
    As for your other render. What can I say... Makes me feel that I'm on a second plane admiring this great vista. The buildings on the left, the lakes in the background, the hill side on the right.... Great day for flying.

electro-elvis - Both are great renders. the lighting of the second one does emit a feeling of mystery, but I do like the visual void in the centre of the first as well. Well done.

CTippetts - Yes, I meant 9-volt battery. It will be interesting to see the old dry cell as well.

mermaid - Hard to tell that these two designs are done with terrains. Love the swirls of the "Delicate Rose". You can also call it "Exotic Carnation". Beautifully done

This was supposed to be a scene containing "God Rays" following David's tutorial... As you can probably gather, I failed creating the rays. But I still like it.

EL_MAR.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 210K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I've done three renders recently but they all break the forum rules so I'm only going to post this one which is a close up of the model I've been using.

FaceCloseUpGreen.jpg
    975 x 975 - 457K
    edited December 1969

@vivien1 - thank you. Great coast render, feels wet.

@Dave - looks good this way, too.

Same terrain as above with a Funky Metal applied to it and lit by Gasclouds_B08 HDRI and the sun. Camera is looking through the GWL.

Canals.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 135K
    edited December 1969

Horo - I thought I commented on your Returning. I’is beautiful, the landscape, clouds everything fits perfectly. The Canals with the Funky metals is my type of art, love it.

Vivien- Thanks, I like your shoreline, very nicely done.

Dave- very nice render.

Back to experimenting with lighting using a model from ShareCG by Narendra. Thanks

The setup is the same for all three, lit by the Simplon Hdri soft shadows 25%, all rendered with Boost Light enabled.

1st Rendered Regular Cast Shadows in IBL on, in 5 ½ mins.
    2nd Regular with Cast Shadows in IBL off – 5mins
    3rd Premium 16Rpps –Cast Shadows off -2 ½ mins.

2nd and 3rd renders look almost the same but the premium render is at 1/2 the time, Personally I find using the Premium 16Rpp without any options selected, as Dave suggested, is a time saver with nice results. Thanks Dave:-)

interior2.jpg
    720 x 486 - 21K
    interior1.jpg
    720 x 486 - 21K
    interior.jpg
    720 x 486 - 18K
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Here's a model of a 9 volt battery built from Bryce 5 primitives and some custom texture images created in Paint Shop Pro:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x0zm8rbp6ysqrn/9VoltBattery.br5?dl=0

The ones in the picture below have been scaled down about 27 times for this render. Better big scaled down than small scaled up. For this render, I should have taken more care with Depth of Field, but I didn't realize how bad it was until a couple of hours into this 8 hour render. Wasn't about to go back when it's just for demonstration purposes.

As you can tell by the link, the one available for download was done in Bryce 5, and then brought into Bryce 7 for replication for the render. That's so even those who don't have Bryce 7 can use it. I figured out I can build almost anything that doesn't need a particle generator in Bryce 5, then put it in Bryce 7 for HDRI, or better materials, or when I'm ready for the Instancing Lab. I can take my Bryce 5 builds to the machine with Bryce 7 on it, but it doesn't work the other way around.

I hope many of you can find a use for this. If so, please show us what you come up with.

HAVE FUN!

Oh, um, Horo ... these aren't drugs, either.

RectangularBatteryPile.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 97K
    edited June 2015

@mermaid010 - thank you. Very nice room. If I have the sun as main light, I often have IBL shadows off. For landscapes, I keep them usually on but may reduce the intensity a bit. IBL shadows show the geometry nicely in the parts not lit by the sun. In your case, there is no improvement if they are on, but a speed improvement when off. And yes, Premium renders are often faster, particularly with IBL. Regular renders fast but the AA-pass can take 10 times as long.

@CTippetts - 9V batteries look great. Oh my, no drugs.

I set out to experiment a bit with the Fluorescent Edge (see David's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEvis28mYRY and the Memo http://www.horo.ch/docs/memo/pdf/FluorescentEdge.pdf). However, I got carried away a bit. The insulators are Bryce models I had bought from from DAZ (Science Lab) in 2004 for Bryce 5.5. In the background are two corrugated objects by John Spirko. All 4 objects have the same material, only the Specular Halo colour is brighter for the insulators. The specularity is generated by the Rainbow HDRI (free on my website). To fade the ground plane into the distance, I used black fog.

ElectricInsulators.jpg
    600 x 800 - 112K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    I set out to experiment a bit with the Fluorescent Edge (see David's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEvis28mYRY and the Memo http://www.horo.ch/docs/memo/pdf/FluorescentEdge.pdf). However, I got carried away a bit. The insulators are Bryce models I had bought from from DAZ (Science Lab) in 2004 for Bryce 5.5. In the background are two corrugated objects by John Spirko. All 4 objects have the same material, only the Specular Halo colour is brighter for the insulators. The specularity is generated by the Rainbow HDRI (free on my website). To fade the ground plane into the distance, I used black fog.

Very nice results. I used your TEfilter to make this terrain (details on the TE filters thread) and downloaded your Rainbow HDRI from your website. Used a wide angled lens from the lenses set and a hypertexture that plays diffuse against specularity. With the whole lot wrapped in a mirrored sphere.

Rainbow_hypertexture1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 2M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited December 1969

A lot of nice renders through here since I was last on.

Horo

I like that fluorescent look.

David

Put a bird head on that and it would look like a Peacock :-)

edited December 1969

Horo – thanks, the Fluorescent Edge render is very colorful.

David- I agree with Sandy nice peacock feathers.

edited December 1969

I found a chalet on my hard drive, no idea where it came from, and had some fun with it :-)

Terrain, trees, rocks and wolves from DAZ Studio. Light from the sky as HDRI, sun/moon on and light inside chalet.

lonely-cabin-005.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 213K
    lonely-cabin-004.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 198K
    lonely-cabin-003.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 243K
    lonely-cabin-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 214K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,891
    edited December 1969

Great renders again!

@TheSavage64: Looks like a fiers dragon. Great shadow work. And nice portrait. We can imagine the part below will be wonderful too!

@CTippetts: You may reconsider the branding of your battery :) Not many people will buy them, even though they look great.

@gulan7: very nice first attempt. Keep practicing (that is all we do too)

@yellow Pen: wondeful mansion and garden!

@Horo: nice use of the grate. And wonderful terrain with the plane. Looks like there will be a thunderstorm. Gas planet render is also very striking. And I like the colours in your last one.

@electro-elvis: second one is really good!

@mermaid010: I like your carnation. Strange way to make a flower (from a terrain). But then, I already made terrain maps out of animals and flowers, so why not? Your internal render still shows a lot of pixelation. Why is that?

@vivien1: great looking beach.

@David Brinnen: that really is a great abstract!

@Fishtales: all those scenes have a nice atmosphere. I specially like the view from the cabin in the last one!

• boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Just for a giggle ... this is Bryce 3, probably the 3rd image I ever made in Bryce. I worked VERY hard on the skin, dress (Poser 3 ... NO conforming clothes then) and the hair (the make it look as realistic as I could with transparent layers ... as well as a reflective/transparent ball to make the eyes look more realistic. Then I played with the different textures within Bryce just for fun. Hope you get a giggle as well.

Magic.jpg
    768 x 614 - 30K
    edited December 1969

@David - thank you. Great render with that rainbowed urbanised terrain.

@Sandy - thank you. Nice renders. I like first and third most.

@mermaid010 - thank you.

@hansmar - thank you.

@Zooks - considering when and with what version of Bryce this was done, I cannot giggle; it's a great render.

edited December 1969

Horo

Those are the two I prefer too. The second one has too much light spread from the chalet; the fourth one was just to see how it would look with the camera viewing through the chalet window :-)

edited December 1969

@Sandy - just noticed this, I didn't before: the beast at right has a hat. Very unfortunate placement of the stone. Such small details get often lost (been there, done that).

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Dave - Very nice render

Horo - Thank you. I do like the funky metal and gas clouds. Very eye catching. Also the fluorescent experiment gives a very nice effect.

CTippetts - Love the batteries. I'm sure to keep an eye out for them in the shops

mermaid - Nice renders. I prefer the second one. Somehow it shows more of a contrast in the colours

David - A very nice explosion of colour

Sandy - Very nice wintery scenes. The red glow in the second one shows nicely the details of the snow

Zooks - Its is so nice that your 3rd Bryce render gives you giggle. Mine used to make me cry. Some of them now still do. Well done

edited December 1969

Horo

I had noticed that and then forgot to move it. Once the renders were done I just left it. I saved the file and got an out of memory alert and the final scene wasn't saved so I have plenty of time if I go back to change most of it, I still have intermediate scenes saved so it will never look like those again unless I can reproduce everything exactly the same :)

edited December 1969

Sandy – nice chalet renders. I like the lighting

Hansmar – thanks for mentioning about the pixilation, I didn't notice it before, :red: not sure what’s the cause; could be due to the quality of the images I used for textures.

Zooks –nice render, it’s cool to see renders from earlier versions of Bryce

Vivien - thanks

Three renders using terrains, manipulated in Horo’s TE-Filter program using the recipes from either Horo or David posted here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56309/

For the first render I used one of David’s preset cloudscape from Cloudscape 5

2nd -a tutorial by David https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvFm8aOEmSE&feature=youtu.be

3rd- using the recipe David posted (#39),for the terrain, but I only used the Blur Strong Filter 25 times, the terrain is fully reflective lit by the IBLg-Rb Hdri from the Hdri4fun pack viewed through the GWL with a small FOV about 13 or 14.

4th- A comparison to 3rd render viewed without the GWL

te31b.jpg
    600 x 600 - 27K
    te31gwl.jpg
    600 x 600 - 40K
    te28.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 30K
    te27.jpg
    749 x 500 - 24K
    edited December 1969

Picked up this freebie off the internet and had to make a scene with it and do a quick render. :)

NightCastle.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 525K
  • boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Wow, these renders are wonderful!!!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,891
    edited December 1969

@Mermaid010: I saw the pixelation when I looked at the full size only. Fantastic renders with the Terrain Editor. I specifically like the bottom two.

@TheSavage64: That's a great freebie and a nice render too. Where did you find it?

In between the various contest renders, I wanted to do something very different and quick. Therefore: an abstract. I used one reflecting sphere, one reflecting cone around everything, two radial lights and three very distorted spheres used as lenses, just in front of the camera. Rendering super AA (just a few minutes).
    There was quite extensive (in effect, not in activity) postwork in Picturenaut to increase the contrast to this level, because there was not this much. Added the signature in PS Elements.

Let's call it "Somewhere in a universe".

abstract8_1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 371K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

just for fun, thought i would share :)

Prototype.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 87K
    edited December 1969

hansmar said:
    @TheSavage64: That's a great freebie and a nice render too. Where did you find it?

Errr..... that's a good point. Where DID I find it?
    Let me go look through my internet history. :)

There you go: http://rodluc2001.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/free-3d-model-gothic-castle.html

edited December 1969

@vivien1 - thank you.

@mermaid010 - both landscapes look great with the skies used. The more abstract looking ones are eye candy.

@Dave - great night shot with the castle. Thanks for sharing the link.

@hansmar - nice shot from somewhere in the universe.

@Tim - great model.

edited December 1969

Dave - great render with the castle. Thanks for sharing the link.

Hansmar –thanks, awesome abstract, love the colors

Tim – nice render.

Horo- thanks

edited June 2015

Having fun with David's Cloudscapes which were on FastGrab yesterday.

I'm a bit rubbish at creating my own volumetric clouds from scratch but I enjoy editing ones already done. That way, I can just tweak them at the edges as what's there is already excellent.

Skyscape3.jpg
    2000 x 900 - 423K
    Skyscape2.jpg
    2000 x 900 - 788K
    Skyscape.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 455K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Having fun with David's Cloudscapes which were on FastGrab yesterday.

I'm a bit rubbish at creating my own volumetric clouds from scratch but I enjoy editing ones already done. That way, I can just tweak them at the edges as what's there is already excellent.

I got them too because he does better ones than me ☺

I like those, they remind me of places I have been to here in Scotland.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2015

hansmar said:

Errr..... that's a good point. Where DID I find it?
    Let me go look through my internet history. :)

There you go: http://rodluc2001.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/free-3d-model-gothic-castle.html

Thanks for that link Dave. I lost my original link to his freebies. He does some really good stuff.

I used his Abby Ruin in this render, back in 2005

Abandoned_-_not_really.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 436K
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.