[Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• @manfriday I've made some morphs with mesh grabber, they look good as static morphs but when you add others like move up or down, it deforms in a bad way, will the morph addon help with this and adding correcting morphs.
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    @manfriday I've made some morphs with mesh grabber, they look good as static morphs but when you add others like move up or down, it deforms in a bad way, will the morph addon help with this and adding correcting morphs.

Well, every morph should get its slider and when you try out some pillows with morphs you will realize when you move 2 sliders (which arent made to work together) they will not work correct.

It depends on how big the changes are, I am not sure if Meshgrabber will improve that...

but what can help then with meshgrabber but also without, move the morph from like slider 1 to 50% then make the meshmovement and add it then, instead of zeroing the last morph.

But... I am still new to making morphs (but getting better!).

So Slider 2 can maybe work better when it starts at the start position from slide 1 at 50%.

I have created for one product 2-3 morphs which will stretch, rotate up down and I think something other, that works all fine

The product didnt had any morphs initial. Its very important to zero things correct and export correct to let them work good together.

That is 1 prop, not different elements, everything done by meshgrabber.

2020-10-10 20_30_45-000868.jpg
    1082 x 637 - 45K
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,110

Wonderful! I bought it just a little while ago -- the entire bundle. I've already tried it out. I do have a bit of learning to do. I watched the youtube videos again. Thanks so much for making this, and for releasing a Macintosh version.

JOdel said:

Woo-hoo! Have been waiting for the Mac version. In my cart.

I've not watched the video yet, but what is the earliest required OS version for this? Will it run on Mojave, or does it require Catalina?

Not sure. I'm a Mac user, but a few weeks ago I upgraded to Catalina. So, it does work on Catalina.

Might this even work with character morphs from, say, G3 to G8? Or, even Genesis to G8?

inquire said:

Wonderful! I bought it just a little while ago -- the entire bundle. I've already tried it out. I do have a bit of learning to do. I watched the youtube videos again. Thanks so much for making this, and for releasing a Macintosh version.

If you need help just ask, I am willed to help out and had already good experience ;)

- Best result for Meshgrabber is in my opinion "Linear" for moving stuff.

- If you have sometimes problems selecting regions, you should try change the resolution between high/base, sometimes does the other one work better.

- I created also for myself 2 hotkeys (via  F3 can you change hotkeys) for Geoeditor + meshgrabber, I placed it on CTRL+E and CTRL+M E= (geo) Editor , M = Meshgrabber ;) (you have some weird apple key instead of ctrl^^). Meshgrabber does copy the selections from the Geotool, that does help a lot, you can in the geotool select things from the list with the +, then switch to MG and change it ;)

• @loony, they are breast morphs, so the change that occurs, is it flattens when moved up or down, after limits turn off. Limits have to be off for it to move naturally. I have used mesh grabber to try and fix the morphs to add as an extra saved morph that would be hidden that works with the up and down translations, even taking the collada to blender and sculpted out the morph after using mesh grabber to get the basic shaping smoothing it out in blender. Then saving out obj and loading back into morph loader. So far I've had to shelf the project, to get some more products out, but this product is something I am interested in getting finished.

Oh well, I never tryd to morph a person :O.... I only morph clothes and objects :(

For breasts I would recommend just use one of the 300 breast morph products :P

https://www.daz3d.com/breast-control-genesis-8-female-s

(I use the Glute controls much times from it).

https://www.daz3d.com/breast-utilities-for-genesis-8-female-s

• ChaosophiaChaosophia Posts: 137
    edited October 2020

The only reason I haven't used the breast control is because the product is going to be redistributed. So using only what I shaped in grabber and from blender. Is it viable to be able to use some control dials like so.

like say move left up 24 units in the control pack for g8f export as collada smooth out in blender, save obj, zero out g8f in Daz, then load morph with morph loader and save as morph asset? I thought you couldn't do that, so I am clarifying if it can be done.I always thought that would be a distribution issue since it is using the product and not part of a merch resource pack. I have sent in a ticket asking about this like a month ago, and Daz hasn't answered it.

Post edited by Chaosophia on
    Loony said:
    inquire said:

If you need help just ask, I am willed to help out and had already good experience ;)

- If you have sometimes problems selecting regions, you should try change the resolution between high/base, sometimes does the other one work better.

- I created also for myself 2 hotkeys (via  F3 can you change hotkeys) for Geoeditor + meshgrabber, I placed it on CTRL+E and CTRL+M E= (geo) Editor , M = Meshgrabber ;) (you have some weird apple key instead of ctrl^^). Meshgrabber does copy the selections from the Geotool, that does help a lot, you can in the geotool select things from the list with the +, then switch to MG and change it ;)

Thanks for offering help. I don't know what all of this means, but I'll be studying and trying to learn.

edited October 2020
    inquire said:
    Loony said:
    inquire said:

Thanks for offering help. I don't know what all of this means, but I'll be studying and trying to learn.

@iquire

Nothing of it understanded? :)

"Linear", can you see when you open Meshgrabber (make sure to have the "Tool settings" panel always integrated in your workspace).

There can you select the Linear "brush" ;)

At the left top can you turn on/off the Falloff, mybe it helps you to see better ;)

Resolution change, if you dont know that after over 1.000 posts here in the forum then you made something wrong :P Its NOT a meshgrabber product, thing, its in EVERY thing of daz3d.

And here can you give a object a better Mesh, if needed:

(be aware, that a better mesh, does also means, more PC power needed to render!) Sometimes is a low mesh even better!

See my first pic, maybe you wanna build a wall, then you can simply use a cube, with base mesh, but when you give it a High res, it get rounded corners:

Which is not wanted for a "hard" wall ;)

About the hotkeys, like I said press F3 (or whatever is F3 on your mac PC).

or go here:

To get quick & Easy hotkeys you go here:

I highly recommend to restart Daz Studio after it! Because when you work then and your Daz3d does crash, all settings are lost! It only saves it when you close it corect.

---

For the explaining of Geoeditor to Meshgrabber. You select your product and then activate the geo editor (in my example CTRL+E)

also can be found here:

(add it to your toolbar!)

(just drag it over there!, remember the restart! for safety! grab meshgrabber and the geoeditor over there, you wanna use both together)

--- back to the geo editor :)

Select your wanted region:

Now go back to meshgrabber (CTRL+E or click the hand in your toolbar!)

I hope this gave you now a better understanding ;)....

@Mizdimma_af580db787

Just ask Richard haseltine, he is our Forum Admin have the knowledge for all licensing and what we are allowed to do and what not ;)

Like I asked here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/438117/cross-converted-morphs-sharing-allowed#latest

Feel free to add there a reply to ask him :P or make a new thread.

~~~~

@Inquire I hope my images are explaining everything good ;)....

Post edited by Loony on
  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 559
    JOdel said:

Woo-hoo! Have been waiting for the Mac version. In my cart.

I've not watched the video yet, but what is the earliest required OS version for this? Will it run on Mojave, or does it require Catalina?

My MacBook has Catalina (10.15) but people have reported it runs on 10.13 too.

Theoretically Mesh Grabber should run MacOS 10.9 and above even, but I have no way of testing it since my older MacBook doesn't even want to install Daz Studio any more. :-)

• Thank you for the Mac version!! :)

Thank you for the Mac version!! :)

Better thank US Windows user for testing it and finding the bugs, before it got to you Apple guys and girls :P

I hope you Mac users will now test the Morph Addon first and good :P

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,270
    edited October 2020

My copy of Mojave is OS 10.14.6. Should be okay. 

Thank you. Time to pull the trigger.

Welp. I bought it. But there's no download. I refuse to use DAZ Central. I refuse to use DIM. Is there any way to arrange for a manual download?

Post edited by JOdel on
  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 559
    JOdel said:

My copy of Mojave is OS 10.14.6. Should be okay. 

Thank you. Time to pull the trigger.

Welp. I bought it. But there's no download. I refuse to use DAZ Central. I refuse to use DIM. Is there any way to arrange for a manual download?

You can use DIM once to download the ZIP without installing and then extract the .dylib file from that and put it into your Daz Studio's plugins folder.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,270
    edited October 2020

Well, I've got 29 days to think about whether it would be worth the hassle of installing DIM and then trying to get rid of it.

I'll try putting in a ticket, but I doubt I'll see any action on it.

Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

Well, I've got 29 days to think about whether it would be worth the hassle of installing DIM and then trying to get rid of it.

Well... Meshgrabber is a 900% Must have to enjoy daz3d really, IF That is not worth it... you make something really wrong, you DONT have to let DIM install it, but you kinda need it to download.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,958
    JOdel said:

There was something else recently that you could only use DIM to download , like you I only manuelly install ,but ended up installing DIM  to down load then just uninstalled DIM it's not too bad .product is totally worth the effort

@Loony: Thank you for all of those images and explanations. It does make more sense now, yes. I still need to work with it. It was very kind and thoughtful of you to take the time for these explanations.

Two questions: (1) Why do you recommend Linear?  (2) Can the Meshgrabber (I'll find out, of course) also indent surfaces?

@Loony:  Ah, now I see why you said to use the Geometry Editor tool:  Yes, it is much faster to select all of the items you want, and then switch to the MeshGrabber. I'm sure all your other tips will sure come in handy.

inquire said:

@Loony: Thank you for all of those images and explanations. It does make more sense now, yes. I still need to work with it. It was very kind and thoughtful of you to take the time for these explanations.

Two questions: (1) Why do you recommend Linear?  (2) Can the Meshgrabber (I'll find out, of course) also indent surfaces?

indent, sory dont understand this word, you can use CTRL + "+" to enlarge it or - to shrink the selection. It can not select surfaces from a selection, you have to mark the object, like with a brush ;) but a "bad" brush, geo editor is much better, because of the lasso and marquee tool :) and because of selection already premade selections from surfaces.

I just recommend linear, because I have the best smooth result with it, even if one "brush" says "smooth", I have the feeling Linear is really the smooth ;)

I am happy my time/work did helped you :D I have months of experience with it :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    inquire said:

Yes.

You can translate the selected mesh in any direction.

L'Adair said:
    inquire said:

Yes.

OK. Wonderful to know. Has anyone tried this as a face modeler, similar to what might be done in Z-Brush?

inquire said:
    L'Adair said:
    inquire said:

Yes.

OK. Wonderful to know. Has anyone tried this as a face modeler, similar to what might be done in Z-Brush?

That would be.. crazy :D I use it more to fix things or split stuff, but changing a face, I would say the brush is not soft enough for that.

inquire said:
    L'Adair said:
    inquire said:

Yes.

I have not. As for how "soft the brush", you can get very subtle changes by turning the Gain way down. Whether or not that will work on the face depends on you and your goal(s). The tool itself works on any properly created mesh, which should be at least 99% of the items sold at Daz.

• Looking at getting this addon.  Is there a timeframe for when the Morph Load/Save will be available for Windows @manfriday?  Or is this already included in the Windows version of MG?

Many thanks.

edited October 2020

Looking at getting this addon.  Is there a timeframe for when the Morph Load/Save will be available for Windows @manfriday?  Or is this already included in the Windows version of MG?

Many thanks.

ManFriday said:

The Morph Editor for Windows is not released yet. Give it a few more days. :-)

@mattporter, As you can see from the above quote, the Morph Editor is an Addon for Mesh Grabber. Daz marketing decides when to release products, though it's usually pretty quick for PA products. My guess is they decided to keep the Mac versions release separate from the Windows addon release to prevent possible confusion, and that the Morph Editor for Windows will show up after the Mac versions are no longer showing as Still New on the sales page. (I'm not including the catchup weekends, as I don't think Daz will wait until after the PC Anniversary sale to release the windows version. At least I hope not.)

Edit: Also, for future reference, notifications by name are case sensitive, so you need to use @ManFriday to get this PA's attention.

And welcome to the forums!

Post edited by L'Adair on

@L'Adair

His quoting to "manfriday" did worked to the correct person, when you open the profile you see its ManFriday :)

• L'Adair said:

Looking at getting this addon.  Is there a timeframe for when the Morph Load/Save will be available for Windows @manfriday?  Or is this already included in the Windows version of MG?

Many thanks.

ManFriday said:

The Morph Editor for Windows is not released yet. Give it a few more days. :-)

@mattporter, As you can see from the above quote, the Morph Editor is an Addon for Mesh Grabber. Daz marketing decides when to release products, though it's usually pretty quick for PA products. My guess is they decided to keep the Mac versions release separate from the Windows addon release to prevent possible confusion, and that the Morph Editor for Windows will show up after the Mac versions are no longer showing as Still New on the sales page. (I'm not including the catchup weekends, as I don't think Daz will wait until after the PC Anniversary sale to release the windows version. At least I hope not.)

Edit: Also, for future reference, notifications by name are case sensitive, so you need to use @ManFriday to get this PA's attention.

And welcome to the forums!

Thank you for the helpful response. And the kind welcome! Looking forward to this addon being released. It really should be native functionality.