[Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• Finally figured it out. I'm not sure how it happened but it seems like my daz directories are split among my C drive and D drive. I did a system wide search on my PC for MF_meshgrab.dll, found it and finally found the right folder for it to be in. Thanks for the assistance everyone.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412

Mesh Grabber appeared in DIM as an update today. Did something get changed?

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    barbult said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34725/updated-products#latest

Then should it get mentioned there (why is the update thread a Premium thread...)

Loony said:
    barbult said:

Then should it get mentioned there (why is the update thread a Premium thread...)

That thread is only for Platinum Club+ product updates and is maintained by the Platinum Club+ team. That is why it is in that section of the forum. There is no general "updated products" thread.

barbult said:
    Loony said:
    barbult said:

That thread is only for Platinum Club+ product updates and is maintained by the Platinum Club+ team. That is why it is in that section of the forum. There is no general "updated products" thread.

oh okay, I thought its about all updates.

• galiengalien Posts: 136
    edited October 2020
    barbult said:

The change log for the new version is in the user manual.

It's an update from version 2 to 3 with bug fixes, some new functionality and the addition of support for morph saving and loading via an add-on (which I assume will appear in the store sometime soon).

Post edited by galien on

Oh sounds interesting!

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 559

Daz was a little early releasing version 3 of the base Mesh Grabber in the store, but there's a couple new free features for everybody even if the morph editor add-on is not in the store yet. From the changelog:

• Add “Normal” and “Clamped” gizmo orientation modes.
    • Add an “Advanced settings” dialog for keyboard modifiers.
    • Draw a longer rotation axis on the screen while rotation is in progress.
    • Fix a lot of oddities with the gizmo when more than one viewport is active.
    • Fix gizmo sizing problems when zooming in and out and with large selections.
    • Fix “Modifier statistics” not refreshing correctly in some situations.
    • Add undo for the “Reset Mesh Grabber” action, finally. Save current selections with both the “Reset Mesh Grabber” and the drag / rotate undo items.
    • Update documentation.

Hopep you like!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,826

Appreciate your hard work to make a useful product even more so. Thanks for the update!

Thanks big fluffy Lion!

Thank you for the ongoing improvements. I'll keep my eyes out for the new add on.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

Thank you for the ongoing improvements. I'll keep my eyes out for the new add on.

+1

(Or +1000, if my enthusiasm for all things MG counts…!)

I have also submitted Mac versions of the Mesh Grabber and the add-ons to Daz. Should be out soon, and be functionally equivalent to the Windows version.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,110

Oh, Yea! for the Mac versions! I wanted to ask the other day, but I refrained because I didn't want to bug you and take up your time. But, thanks a great deal. I am sincerely looking forward to the Mac versions.

edited October 2020

Just downloaded the .exe again and installed it (sadly the programm did give me any installing path option...)

but my meshgrabber say this:

Uhm.... is it correct installed, should it not be V3.0 or something?....

The About Plugins says also 2.0

Or is the newest update NOT in the .exe from manual install?

I can only select startmenue and desktop stuff (which I not want... I mean why? xD). So... WHERE does that .exe throw the .dll ? :(

In my Plugin folder is the old one from V2.0

2020-10-07 01_00_48-000830.jpg
    376 x 113 - 8K
    2020-10-07 01_08_15-000831.jpg
    660 x 405 - 35K
    Post edited by Loony on
    Loony said:

Just downloaded the .exe again and installed it (sadly the programm did give me any installing path option...)

but my meshgrabber say this:

Uhm.... is it correct installed, should it not be V3.0 or something?....

Yes, it should say 3.0. There have been a few problems with the .exe installers. Can you try installing the update via DIM please while I try to sort it out with Daz?

edited October 2020

well, I will try it, but... what did the .exe now install and where is that stuff now? I mean something should get installed somewhere :D

Did run now the uninstaller, well it uninstalled "something" :<

Post edited by Loony on
    edited October 2020

Could now install it (downloaded via DIm and then manuall installed + safed the old 2.0 as backup).

I think I found here already a bug, I tested how the new functions works (I have no idea what is the intention^^).

But that doesnt look useful/correct.

First selection with "Normal" look.

other Polygon selected also with "Normal" view.

The arrows are just endpoints, also the tools does not work there, ONLY the blue arrow works, is that intended ?

Or is that intended, it does only happen in the middle of the prop, maybe does "normal" mean, it helps to use the tool only in the way how it would be "normal"?

And  FINALLY Shift+click does remove selections! I hated it when I missselected something, could never remove it -_-

---

"Draw a longer rotation axis on the screen while rotation is in progress."

Noob question: How does that help, or what is the point of it? The increased line, how is it intended to improve the workflow (just wanna learn to understand it, like teaching a kid for what you use a ruler).

---

"Add undo for the “Reset Mesh Grabber” action, finally. Save current selections with both the “Reset Mesh Grabber” and the drag / rotate undo items."

What exactly is the change? I always used CTRL+Z to undo my last step, can you/someone explain me what is new? Thank you :)

Edit: I can after reset it, undo the resetting with CTRL+Z, is it that what you changed?

(my questions goes to everyone, who have a understanding for it).

2020-10-07 13_40_03-000834.jpg
    1055 x 659 - 67K
    2020-10-07 13_39_56-000833.jpg
    1166 x 689 - 70K
    2020-10-07 13_46_47-000835.jpg
    518 x 642 - 21K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,161
    edited October 2020
    ManFriday said:

I have also submitted Mac versions of the Mesh Grabber and the add-ons to Daz. Should be out soon, and be functionally equivalent to the Windows version.

Great news. Will the Mac version be a dedicated/different product or will you just remove the "Windows Only" remark and add an Mac version to the existing product. I'm asking because I bought the current version already to support development looking forward to a Mac version one day.

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,161
    edited October 2020

--

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Is it possible that you can change in your script the tool size up to 50?

Thats my current selection (with your 5.1) on max size 10.

It is still kinda tiny, compared the translation size:

edited October 2020

Hey MF, I managed somehow to bug the redo function, it does no longer redo it on this one pillow.

(I have it 2x) it worked somehow still on my other one.

I assume something in the last update for the undo button did cause a little bug, No idea why, also no idea why it does happen one pillow and not the other.

And... still too tiny drag controller ;( (the translaiton tool thing).

(first pic shows before, second after)-

2020-10-10 02_24_16-000865.jpg
    909 x 662 - 71K
    2020-10-10 02_24_25-000866.jpg
    778 x 596 - 57K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • Seems the Mac Version landed - and even as a bundle.

Where's the morph addon for Windows??????

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

Where's the morph addon for Windows??????

You noticed that, too. laugh

• Well the Mac folks have waited for so long - so let them enjoy a couple of days geting an add-on earlier as windows people ;-)

The Morph Editor for Windows is not released yet. Give it a few more days. :-)

Loony said:

I have noted it down for the next update, but it might be a little while before I submit the next update to Daz.

ManFriday said:
    Loony said:

I have noted it down for the next update, but it might be a little while before I submit the next update to Daz.

okay, atm I have the feeling since 3.0 is it much smaller as before... really frustrating ;( so hard to move.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,270
    edited October 2020

Woo-hoo! Have been waiting for the Mac version. In my cart.

I've not watched the video yet, but what is the earliest required OS version for this? Will it run on Mojave, or does it require Catalina?

Post edited by JOdel on