Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

Your work is spectacular, Sonja.  I saw the recent work you did for Virtual_World on Facebook and it's stunningly beautiful.  You are a cut above.

Scott

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660
    wsgentry said:

Your work is spectacular, Sonja.  I saw the recent work you did for Virtual_World on Facebook and it's stunningly beautiful.  You are a cut above.

Scott

+1

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you both very much!  

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I like that sneaky snake checking itself in the mirror :D

mori_mann said:

I like that sneaky snake checking itself in the mirror :D

Thank you!  He may have a hot date too lol!

So I have had a lot of requests for something on how to do custom categories and finding content.

So we are doing a webinar workshop. Details are in this thread in the commons

edited February 2019

Elsa by Virtual World

Gorgeous character!

ELSA.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 988K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited February 2019

Containment Breech

A STRANGE STRUCTURE IN THE DESERT.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    A STRANGE STRUCTURE IN THE DESERT.png
    1200 x 1200 - 3M
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Hi Sonja, long time friendblush where's my photoshopt tutorial ?  Rofl !!!  j/k friend wink  Actually, I've been away past 8 months mastering photoshop, finally learned everything aboug layers *Ugh* Wow ! tons of new fantastic renders for me to view, amazing, beautiful as always, Elsa is beautiful great job.  I love Virtualworld characters, nearly purchased them all.  I rencently did a render of Julia, uploaded to my section, if I can find it, Lol !!!! 

AJ2112 said:

Hi Sonja, long time friendblush where's my photoshopt tutorial ?  Rofl !!!  j/k friend wink  Actually, I've been away past 8 months mastering photoshop, finally learned everything aboug layers *Ugh* Wow ! tons of new fantastic renders for me to view, amazing, beautiful as always, Elsa is beautiful great job.  I love Virtualworld characters, nearly purchased them all.  I rencently did a render of Julia, uploaded to my section, if I can find it, Lol !!!! 

Good to see you!  you know, I did a photoshop tutorial, its in the shop here lol.  Sounds like you have learned a lot!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you have been up to!  And thank you, I have been a bit busy lol.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited February 2019

It is so cute! I want one laugh

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • Elsa by Virtual World

Gorgeous character!

Wow. I think I will have to take another look at Elsa. You did a wonderful job promoting her in this image.

Trish

Trish

Haha its Squee.  I think he is a daz original

Elsa by Virtual World

Gorgeous character!

Wow. I think I will have to take another look at Elsa. You did a wonderful job promoting her in this image.

Trish

Thank you very much!  I thought she was gorgeous.  And I love Virtual World's characters.

Good to see you!  you know, I did a photoshop tutorial, its in the shop here lol.  Sounds like you have learned a lot!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you have been up to!  And thank you, I have been a bit busy lol.

Hi Sonja, thanks good to be back.  Yeah, I became a photoshop fanatic, Lol !!!  I'll be browsing through your section, have a lot fo catch up on.  From what I can see, as always fabulous images smiley 

• It is so cute! I want one laugh

Trish

Love the illustrative style! This belongs in a fairy tale book

Trish

Love the illustrative style! This belongs in a fairy tale book

Thank you!

AJ2112 said:

Hi Sonja, thanks good to be back.  Yeah, I became a photoshop fanatic, Lol !!!  I'll be browsing through your section, have a lot fo catch up on.  From what I can see, as always fabulous images smiley 

Thank you!

edited February 2019

A Night In The Garden - Promotions artwork for Instyle Textures for Night Moves

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray

Photoshop CC

IN STYLE NIGHT MOVES.jpg
    600 x 960 - 114K
    edited February 2019

Promotional artwork for Sympatico Studios featuring Anastacia by Deva3D
    Daz Studio 4.10 Iray
    Photoshop CC

Anastacia.jpg
    738 x 960 - 86K
    edited February 2019

A Passing Fancy

Promotional image for Prae Anya Hair

ANYA HAIR PRAE.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 2M
    ANYA HAIR PRAE.png
    1236 x 2000 - 3M
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited February 2019

I hate to intrude, but I like how you’re showing us rookies “before & after” shots.  "A Passing Fancy" would take hours in CS3 if even possible.  (Obviously I can't render quite that good yet! : 0 !  )

If you don’t mind sharing, I'm thinking Photoshop CS3 might finally be out of date for brushes and filters.  For post work, you're using “CC” out of the box, or also Adobe or Filter Forge add-ons?

If you don’t care to answer (that’s a trade secret Bruce!)  No biggie!  : )

Anyway, best wishes on your work.  Unless mistaken, remember seeing some of your stuff at New User Challenge.   That's wasn't so long ago was it?  Picked it up quickly!  : )

--Bruce

Post edited by Tynkere on
    Tynkere said:

I hate to intrude, but I like how you’re showing us rookies “before & after” shots.  "A Passing Fancy" would take hours in CS3 if even possible.  (Obviously I can't render quite that good yet! : 0 !  )

If you don’t mind sharing, I'm thinking Photoshop CS3 might finally be out of date for brushes and filters.  For post work, you're using “CC” out of the box, or also Adobe or Filter Forge add-ons?

If you don’t care to answer (that’s a trade secret Bruce!)  No biggie!  : )

Anyway, best wishes on your work.  Unless mistaken, remember seeing some of your stuff at New User Challenge.   That's wasn't so long ago was it?  Picked it up quickly!  : )

--Bruce

@Tynkere

Hey Bruce, feel free to intrude anytime!  No trade secrets, I don't mind sharing at all.  I do use the full photoshop CC.  I'm going to say that 80% of what I do is inside of photoshop and the rest I use the NIK collection and occasionally filter forge.  I use a lot of texture overlays (just textures you can get as free resources and then I use different modes and opacity to blend it all together.) If you have modes available in CS3 you can do most of what I do.  The filters I use are just shortcuts mostly, many of them can be done manually inside of photoshop. I just don't have time to do it that way lol. 

And yes, its been just a bit over 3 years since I started with Daz Studio, and about 2 years since I started putting it all together in photoshop.  Although in all fairness I did have a little bit of experience in photoshop before I started using daz.  I chose not to use photoshop with any of my renders for the first year, because I know myself well enough to know that its far too easy to just say, I'll fix it in photoshop, and I really wanted to have a good grasp of at least the basics in daz first.

edited February 2019

Krys by Maricus.  As always, a stunning character.

This is a good example of how you can change the lighting in photoshop if you decide its not working after you've waited 3 hours for a render to finish.  You can always mask out bits of it as well which is what I did here.  I did all of my color corrections  and then I masked of the parts that I wanted th blue tones to come through. Remember, masking a non destructive way of removing things from the scene and is something I use 99% of the time. 

KRYS MARCIUS.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 2M
    KRYS MARCIUS LIGHTING.png
    1563 x 2500 - 4M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660

You are so freaking talented Sonja!

I wish I was half as good as you!

You are so freaking talented Sonja!

I wish I was half as good as you!

Thank you Sapphire, but a lot of it is just lots and lots of practice, and a lot of time spent on tutorials and you tube videos. 

edited February 2019

Personal art.  I've been wanting to do something with AM's Chimpazee for awhile now.  This one has been floating around my head for awhile. This is using the Catalyzer, which works much better on my machines than trying to import LAMH hair fibers.  Gallery Link

A CONVERSATION BETWEEN FRIENDS.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    A CONVERSATION BETWEEN FRIENDS.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Nove chimps, lovely warm lighting!

edited February 2019

Wow ! Sonja, your images are gorgeous.  I would actually print/frame a few, like Anastasia.  Going to get a Whatburger, Lol ! will return to view your section, since I was away for nearly a year, a lot of images to view.   

Anastasia.jpg
    738 x 960 - 389K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    AJ2112 said:

Wow ! Sonja, your images are gorgeous.  I would actually print/frame a few, like Anastasia.  Going to get a Whatburger, Lol ! will return to view your section, since I was away for nearly a year, a lot of images to view.   

Thank you!  If you would like one without the  Sympatico watermark I would be happy to send you a copy.

Hi Sonja, that would be fabulous.  Image would have to be large for print shop, 16x20.  Guess I could print a smaller one on home printer wink You could keep the logo friend, logo looks cool to.  

AJ2112 said:

Hi Sonja, that would be fabulous.  Image would have to be large for print shop, 16x20.  Guess I could print a smaller one on home printer wink You could keep the logo friend, logo looks cool to.  

I will get that over to you as soon as I get chance in the next couple of days.  I usually do these at a fairly large size. but will double check.