Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you very much Scott!

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

You folks at Sympatico are incredibly talented.  It's awesome that you share so freely and have webinars available (which I have).  You, Tonnie, and Vicki are spectacular, I mean that sincerely and with awe.

Scott

wsgentry said:

You folks at Sympatico are incredibly talented.  It's awesome that you share so freely and have webinars available (which I have).  You, Tonnie, and Vicki are spectacular, I mean that sincerely and with awe.

Scott

Honestly, I did not get to this point in my art without a lot of help from a lot of people, many of them right here at Daz.  Seems only fair to spread the love lol.

edited April 2019

Fiona for V4 by Anagord.

FIONA ANAGORD.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    FIONA.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

I really enjoy seeing what you do to get the entire vision in place from a render!  Thanks!

Scott

wsgentry said:

I really enjoy seeing what you do to get the entire vision in place from a render!  Thanks!

Scott

I love looking at other peoples before and afters or the WIP's.  I find it fascinating lol.

• nice piece.

but i think the magic fx in the left hand looks a little weird. only my thought.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866

Fiona looks fierce and determined :)  I like the glow in the bend of her arm.

nice piece.

but i think the magic fx in the left hand looks a little weird. only my thought.

No worries!  I am always grateful for constructive criticism

@Novica, thank you!

edited April 2019

This was a promotional piece for Ilona's Breezing Poses

VZ BREEZING POSES ILONA.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    VZ BREEZING POSES ILONA.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    edited April 2019

Adalina by Anain & Akasha.

ADALINA.jpg
    1563 x 1250 - 277K
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Fiona for V4 by Anagord.

She's for V4?! Wow, she looks totally amazing! I love the purple and golden colour scheme she's got, and how some of her little spells(?) are literally floating in the air around her hand.

It looks like her fingers are literally made from ice, and that's she's got frost creeping up her arms and body. That's super cool, no pun intended. What happens if she touches anyone? Do they turn to ice?

Gorgeous character, fantastic render, and her albino dragon is so much cooler than the one you can hatch at Dragon Cave. I love how its eyes glow pale green.

TigerAnne said:

Fiona for V4 by Anagord.

She's for V4?! Wow, she looks totally amazing! I love the purple and golden colour scheme she's got, and how some of her little spells(?) are literally floating in the air around her hand.

It looks like her fingers are literally made from ice, and that's she's got frost creeping up her arms and body. That's super cool, no pun intended. What happens if she touches anyone? Do they turn to ice?

Gorgeous character, fantastic render, and her albino dragon is so much cooler than the one you can hatch at Dragon Cave. I love how its eyes glow pale green.

Yes, she is for V4, she can still look pretty good for an old gal lol.

The glowing hands come with the Liquid Armour outfit.  One of my favorites to be honest. 

I do love my Dragons.  I think I own all but two of them.... Might bea wee bit of an addiction going on there lol.

edited April 2019

Promotional art for Sympatico Studios featuring Ilona's One and Only Poses.

The One And Only Poses Ilona.jpg
    600 x 960 - 148K

That stuff is awesome!  :)  Ilona's Breezing Poses promo is incredibly good.  

One question... I've noticed your pre-post renders are usually dark.  Is there a reason for that?

Scott

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    TigerAnne said:

Fiona for V4 by Anagord.

I agree. I think there's still a lot that can be done with the older figures. You did a great job with this one!

• well, what can i say, amazing work as always!

i also love the Liquid Armor, but hasn't made something with it so far........so much content and so less time.....

yeah, Vicky 4 is still very pretty - and so much cool stuff for her.

Promotional art for Sympatico Studios featuring Ilona's One and Only Poses.

wsgentry said:

That stuff is awesome!  :)  Ilona's Breezing Poses promo is incredibly good.  

One question... I've noticed your pre-post renders are usually dark.  Is there a reason for that?

Scott

Yes there is.  When I set up my lighting for my renders I am usually looking for a tone, or certain colors (which can be hard to see in the the darker one's but its there lol) and I like to leave it pretty dark because I like to adjust my lighting in post.  I'm not always sure what the background is going to look like (okay, I am never sure lol) and its much easier to match lighting going from dark to light than from light to dark.

TigerAnne said:

I agree. I think there's still a lot that can be done with the older figures. You did a great job with this one!

Thanks!

well, what can i say, amazing work as always!

i also love the Liquid Armor, but hasn't made something with it so far........so much content and so less time.....

yeah, Vicky 4 is still very pretty - and so much cool stuff for her.

Thank you!  Ya, I try not to think about all the content I haven't used yet.... I'm trying though lol!  And yes, V4 has a ton of gorgeous content. Although now, with Riversoftart and Sickleyields V4 to G8 clothing converter, you can toss that stuff on Genesis 8 now (works pretty darn good too). 

edited April 2019

Promotional art for Sympatico Studios featuring Asier for G8M by bu_es.

@wsgentry this is an example of a much lighter starting render that I ended up making darker.  So sometimes I do start of much lighter, but its far easier for me to lighten than it is to darken.  Might just be me lol.

ASIER.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1007K
    ASIER.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Too light easily ends up looking a bit washed out. I like to render a little darker for the same reason. Easier to light it up afterwards. Although I actually like darker scenes. Apparently, some of my characters like to have their picture taken in low light settings ;)

mori_mann said:

Too light easily ends up looking a bit washed out. I like to render a little darker for the same reason. Easier to light it up afterwards. Although I actually like darker scenes. Apparently, some of my characters like to have their picture taken in low light settings ;)

That's because they are always sneaking around where they aren't supposed to be!  lol

edited April 2019

Ummm, not the Genesis 8 baby

BABY RUDOLPH SIXUS ONE.jpg
    1563 x 1996 - 1M
    edited April 2019

Gladeling by Sixus1Media

GLADELING G8F.jpg
    600 x 960 - 101K
    edited April 2019

Denisa by Deva3d

So I really liked the blue background I had in this render but forgot to render it twice, once without the background.  So in order to get the trees etc behind her with the minimal amount of fuss, I copied the image then cut out the top portions of the blue, so I had one copy with the blue and one without and layered the trees and effects in between the two copies.

DENISA DEVA3D.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 748K
    DENISA DEVA3D.png
    988 x 1600 - 3M
    edited April 2019

Dpantz by Dzheng

DPANTZ logo.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 1M
    DPANTZ.png
    1800 x 1800 - 4M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,959

Ahh the Sixus1 Baby for G8F very nice

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Really cute little tyke! Looking forward to Christmas already, I see. :)

Gladeling by Sixus1Media

She looks amazing! I've read a lot of "true" stories about encounters with the Deer People, and I've always had problems imagening them. (Other than having deer-heads, obviously.)

Denisa by Deva3d

This is so springy (uh, in lack of a better word) and fresh. I love it! My favourite detail is the little feather butterflies.

Dpantz by Dzheng

He wears them well! devil I adore the whole composition, with the light-post, the horse and the moonlit sky. Amazing work!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    mori_mann said:

That's because they are always sneaking around where they aren't supposed to be!  lol

Well.. some might be.. LoL!

Very cool stuff Sonja, all of it! :) 

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856

This one is fantastic.