Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Best wishes for a good and creative 2019!

• May the new year launch into many great things for you.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you!

Lady LittleFox's newest character Thistle.  The first image is Thistle and the Thistle Outfit, the second is Thistle with the Thistle hair.  Super cute little beasty she is!

edited January 2019

Hot Air Ballooning by BlueTreeStudio

HOT AIR BALLOONS BLUE TREE STUDIOS SS.jpg
    2000 x 1236 - 2M
    HOT AIR BALLOONS BLUE TREE STUDIOS.png
    2000 x 1236 - 3M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited January 2019

This is the Keira Outfit available here at Daz

This one is Dforce ready, and really was super easy to use.  I am not happy with how stiff the wolf looks though.

Edited to fix link

KEIRA OUTFIT SS.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    KEIRA OUTFIT.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,709

Been way out of touch for a while. I just wanted to say your Mina image is ..... WOW!!

DustRider said:

Been way out of touch for a while. I just wanted to say your Mina image is ..... WOW!!

Thank you very much!

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

Wow, Sonja!  You know, your doing before and after shots is really great.  It allows us all to see what can be done to enhance a render.  Your talent, as far as I can see, is limitless.   Keep going!!!

Scott

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

your Mina render and post work is mindblowingly wonderful!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    I

Hot Air Ballooning by BlueTreeStudio

I was looking at those hot air balloons. It's cool that there is a collapsing/inflating one. I really like you antique photo postwork.

Aw thank you everyone!  You made my day. 

@Dracorn, the balloons are included as separate props as well.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Aww... Cute kitties!  'Toon stuff not my style, but probably in the minority on that one. 

Was going to comment on the balloons but looks like "Dracorn" beat me to it.  Like how you seem to have made it contrasty to fit the times.  

PS:  ever have one of those days?  I'd probably be in the buried under the delated balloon with a hole in it.  ; )

"I demand a refund!"   

• Love the Thistle renders! Especially the Siamese texture with the little wildcats.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088
    edited January 2019

Great stuff, Sonja.  I especially like the hot air balloons. I immediately was reminded of the early scenes of "The Great Race."  Timeless approach.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the Digital Art Live webinar.  In the middle of watching it again.  Lots of terrific tips and helpful info.  Two thumbs up.  yesyes

Post edited by Diomede on
    Tynkere said:

Aww... Cute kitties!  'Toon stuff not my style, but probably in the minority on that one. 

Was going to comment on the balloons but looks like "Dracorn" beat me to it.  Like how you seem to have made it contrasty to fit the times.  

PS:  ever have one of those days?  I'd probably be in the buried under the delated balloon with a hole in it.  ; )

"I demand a refund!"   

Haha yes, I have indeed had that kind of day!

I'm not really into toons either but I do occaisionally work with them for Sympatico. I thought Thistle was super cute though and really enjoyed the change of pace.  And she is super easy to render

Love the Thistle renders! Especially the Siamese texture with the little wildcats.

Thank you!  I had a great deal of fun with that one lol.

Great stuff, Sonja.  I especially like the hot air balloons. I immediately was reminded of the early scenes of "The Great Race."  Timeless approach.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the Digital Art Live webinar.  In the middle of watching it again.  Lots of terrific tips and helpful info.  Two thumbs up.  yesyes

@Diomede_Carrara  Thank you so much!  I'm so glad that you are finding it useful.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

This one is Dforce ready, and really was super easy to use.  I am not happy with how stiff the wolf looks though.

That's probably just because it's standing still, rather than walking beside the lady. It would probably look better if it was coming trotting over, ready to accompany her on a walk.

I just love-love the air balloon picture. heart It gives the impression of a warm, lazy summer afternoon, and that huge moon - which isn't our moon - makes the whole scene feel a bit unreal and dreamy.

TigerAnne said:

That's probably just because it's standing still, rather than walking beside the lady. It would probably look better if it was coming trotting over, ready to accompany her on a walk.

I just love-love the air balloon picture. heart It gives the impression of a warm, lazy summer afternoon, and that huge moon - which isn't our moon - makes the whole scene feel a bit unreal and dreamy.

Thank you!  I agree, he is too stiff and feels disconnected. 

And thank  you too, you totally got where I was going with that.  I really like introducing other worldly and strange things into scenes that might otherwise be normal. 

edited January 2019

Irena for Genesis 8 by Anagord

IRENA ANAGORD.jpg
    817 x 960 - 107K
    edited January 2019

Black Magic - Headpins and Jewelry

BLACK MAGIC WOLFIE.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 827K
    BLACK MAGIC WOLFIE.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

Wow.  Now, that post work is dramatic as all get out.  Stunning!  Night and day difference.  <jaw dropped>

Scott

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Great work! I like the idea of the Emissive skin on the “thistle” character. Also the balloon scene is fun. I can see playing around with the camera angle and getting some fun angles. 

With the wolf, I feel like the stiffness is due to the distance between the shoulders. I feel like it should be a little less. And the thickness of the leg just below the shoulder bulges a little unnaturally. I wonder if these issues could be resolved with a deformer or two and a little attention to a reference photo.

again... good work from an always dedicated artist!

^__^

wsgentry said:

Wow.  Now, that post work is dramatic as all get out.  Stunning!  Night and day difference.  <jaw dropped>

Scott

Thank you Scott! I like the way that one turned out quite a bit.

Rakuda said:

Great work! I like the idea of the Emissive skin on the “thistle” character. Also the balloon scene is fun. I can see playing around with the camera angle and getting some fun angles. 

With the wolf, I feel like the stiffness is due to the distance between the shoulders. I feel like it should be a little less. And the thickness of the leg just below the shoulder bulges a little unnaturally. I wonder if these issues could be resolved with a deformer or two and a little attention to a reference photo.

again... good work from an always dedicated artist!

^__^

I"ve not tried using a push modifier before I will have to try and make som time to look that over thanks!  I agree there is just something off about him

• TigerAnne said:

And thank  you too, you totally got where I was going with that.  I really like introducing other worldly and strange things into scenes that might otherwise be normal. 

From my experiences with wolves and wolf/dogs- I just immediately see him reaching up to tug on that billow of her skirt!

Oh, that Black Magic is my favorite! Just gorgeous and cool. What mask is that?

TigerAnne said:

From my experiences with wolves and wolf/dogs- I just immediately see him reaching up to tug on that billow of her skirt!

Oh, that Black Magic is my favorite! Just gorgeous and cool. What mask is that?

Thank you!  The mask is from Behind the Mask by Sveva over there...For G3 but works just fine on G8

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

I love seeing your before and after Postwork pieces. Inspiring indeed. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489

Sooooo productive lately. I am jelly!

I love seeing your before and after Postwork pieces. Inspiring indeed. 

Thank you very much! I'm glad you are enjoying them.  Its always been one of my favorite things to see, is before and afters.  If anyone wants to know how I did a particular image I would be happy to share.

Greybro said:

Sooooo productive lately. I am jelly!

Don't really have much of a choice lol!  Not complaining though, it definitely is pushing my boundaries a bit, having to come up with something new every day.