What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    mori_mann said:

The lute was a freebie (I think) from Ghostman. It's mentioned in this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/181189/, but can't find the dl-link right now.

The farmhouse had a few small rooms behind the doors and windows. Wouldn't call it a full interior, but the rooms are textured and are big enough to put a character or some stuff inside I think. I'll see if I can show it somehow. But dinner first ;)

Lol first things first, right? Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Two quick unlit 3DL renders. One of only the inner rooms, one of the outer farmhouse without the inner rooms and shiny props and growing stuff.

Hope that helps.

Helpful inner rooms.png
    1000 x 800 - 805K
    Helpful without inner rooms 3DL.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Great job on the posing for your insuffereble boy lol! He definitely has a cheeky look to him!

mori_mann said:

Two quick unlit 3DL renders. One of only the inner rooms, one of the outer farmhouse without the inner rooms and shiny props and growing stuff.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for taking your time to make those renders, and yes that's what I needed to know. I'll pass on this one for now I think,

not versatile  enough imo! Thanks again!

Always happy to help.

As for posing.. I still love fiddling with bodies and limbs. Wait.. that sounded better in my head ;)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,835
    mori_mann said:

I fell in love with https://www.daz3d.com/old-country-farmhouse and just had to use it. Of course, one of my beloved, but insufferable boys had to come along to demand his picture taken. So here is Calion. And a small part of the Old Country Farmhouse.

"Ah, my other favourite pastime arrives" (Did I say he's insufferable?)

He's one of those who always get their way isn't he? And the grirls will love him and then hate him and still love him...really great posing

that farmhouse is a really nice catch as is the water fall ( just saying wink)

Yep, the waterfall is very nice, too ;)

And yes, Cal is used to get his way and not just with the ladies. He has a way with words, but then, he chose to become a bard for a reason. Well, apart from a deep love of music, that is.

mori_mann said:

Always happy to help.

As for posing.. I still love fiddling with bodies and limbs. Wait.. that sounded better in my head ;)

laughlaughlaugh

edited November 2017

Yes, I posted these before, but this time, they are as I wanted them to be originally. They were too red before. And Calion wanted some tiny details added.

I was almost ready to go back to an older version of Daz, but because older saved scenes still rendered normally, it could not be something I couldn't fix. So I kept trying (between playing with dForce, becasue that needed to be done, too) and stumbled on gamma correction in the render settings (yeah, still using 3DL, I am kind of attached to that engine). That was off (ot at a higher value than 1) in all teh saved scenes that did work properly. Or rather, as I like them. To check if it really was that, I went back to these two and it does look like it was..

Very Quiet 2.0 5 Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 360K
    Favourite Pastime v3 6 Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 707K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited November 2017

Time for drinking!

And eating, too.

Rhizhu looks (and is) rather pleased with himself. After finally obtaining a body - and buiding it up into something useful, for it came as am ill-fitting and rather beaten up hand-me-down - he decided to treat himself to some food and drink to celebrate being able to feel and taste something pleasant again. 

The vest was a dForce experiment. Originally, it was buttoned up, but dForce chose to ignore that detail, so it fell open. As that makes all the sense in the world with this guy and I kinda like how the drape came out, I decided to leave it (and removed the buttons, because on stubborly got stuck in his chest. Ouch.)

edited December 2017

Tis the season and all that :)

Nes - Decorating 12 Holiday text.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 303K
    edited January 2018

There are, of course, layers and layers of meaning here..

- First picture of the year, the fist steps into something new and unknown. Equal parts scary and exciting
    - If there's a way into dark holes, there's also a way ot, Dimi is going to show you
    - Obligatory rogue with knife in teeth picture

Well, no, not really. Or perhaps a little bit. 

Basically, this is what I get for re-reading older co-op stories.

Dimi, going down a trap door discovered while clearing out and cleaning up an abandoned tower he and his Muse claimed as their new home to discover.. a rather big surprise. The light from below is their sentient fireball named Luke. 

Quality suffered due to resizing and uploading.

Dimi Trapdoor 11 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 110K
    edited January 2018

Made for a challenge at dA: 'Make a picture of yourself in your favourite drink'. 

I don't have myself as a 3D figure, so I had to improvise. TehPony is as good as any, considering my avatar over there :) She managed to knock the giant mug of hot chocolate over and is not getting ready to have a good roll around in the sweet, sticky stuff.

Chocolate splash 7 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 190K

Made for Llola's challenge. Decided to post the png for a change.

It was past time to drag Nia out to play again. She's been gathering dust for ages.

Cross

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

It's like a triple cross:  she's cross, her arms are crossed, and she's wearing a cross.  Cool idea and render!

It's like a triple cross:  she's cross, her arms are crossed, and she's wearing a cross.  Cool idea and render!

Thank you! One interpretation of cross wasn't quite enough. I'll try to behave better. Perhaps.

edited February 2018

Playing with dForce. And primitives. And big cat 2. 

No ligths, no fur, sorry, just playing, but wanted to share anyway. I might turn this into an image I have some vague ideas for. Posed from scratch, if you were wondering.

Dforce experiment 2.png
    1000 x 800 - 867K

Just getting caught up.  I do like the redone ones a bit better, you are right, the other ones were a teeny bit too red.

The panther render looks like it could turn into something quite interesting.  Wish I enjoyed posing more. I don't mind tweaking but posing from scratch doesn't really entice me much lol.

Nia looks extremely put out lol.

And now my skin feels all twitchy at the thought of rolling around in hot chocolate and hay.

Rhizhu does indeed look pleased. Wonder what else he is planning on getting into with his new body....wait, that did not come out quite the way I intended!

Thank you! For some reason, I just love posing from scratch. Must be one of those things that are not quite right with my brain ;) I do hope I manage to squeeze that silly idea with the panther out the way it looks in my head. But then again, I'll probably fall in love with some impossible angle. That always happens.

I'm sure Rhizhu has loads of things planned. Not all of them.. honourable ;)

edited February 2018

Text was found by Quay (the drow) on a somewhat crumpled note when he was looking for his car keys.

Don't ask ;)

(Yes, I know I have to fix the hair around Cal's thumb and I will as soon as my arm has recoverd from the other fixes wink)

Bardic BG 12b Final Text small.png
    1200 x 960 - 2M

Almost forgot to post this here :)

Made for Llola's challenge. A lady shopping for a square meal - or the ingredients - on the market square.

Shopping

And another one while I'm at it. Because why not?

Guardian of the circle

(Best get out. He's serious about it.)

Wow some beautiful renders there, the lady shopping is very nice indeedyes

Really love the lady shopping, I find I'm very drawn to things that show everyday life in the more medieval and fantasys worlds.  Very nicely done!

And love the idea of a bird for his mount!

Thank you both :)

I like playing around and sometimes things happen.

mori_mann said:

Thank you both :)

I like playing around and sometimes things happen.

Hah that's how most of my stuff goes. Even when I think I know what I'm going to do things tend to go where they want to lol.

edited March 2018

I finally got around to updating one of my oldest characters from Genesis 1 to G8M. Yeah, took me long enough ;) Transfers are never satisfying for me, but I did use a shape preset saved from G1 and applied that to G8M to have a starting point. There are some planned changes, because there were a few things that bugged me in the old version. He was, after all, one of the first characters I morphed about.. 4 years ago I think.

Of course, he is not amused.

Rutha - Not amused 12 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 188K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

He'll be more amused once you are finished with him Mori :) Love the renders, the lady shopping is really good, but I really did like the one with the Night poetry. 

Carola O said:

He'll be more amused once you are finished with him Mori :) Love the renders, the lady shopping is really good, but I really did like the one with the Night poetry. 

Thank you! Missed seeing you around until recently. Or haven't I been looking in the right forum parts? (I pretty much only hang out in the art studio, after all)

I'm sure Rutha will get less moody when I update Amber for him ;)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I haven't been writing much in the forum in a while :) but started to get more active on the forum again *grins* and yeah, I'm sure he will be... he might be feeling lonely right now :)