What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

She, actually ;) But yes, she is a pretty kitty and very much aware of it.

edited April 2018

"The only chief I answer to is mischief"

Dimi's philosophy of live. I wanted to use this as a title for a render. That, and I wanted to play with lights :)

3DL render.

Turning it into a JPEG and uploading hurt the quality. Sorry about that..

Dimi - Mischief 7 Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 101K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
  • themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

As Herald of Fire said, you have a talent for creating natural looking poses but also for creating a mood.   I think mood and atmosphere are extremely important in art.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well, Dimi certainly practices what he preaches anyway lol!

themidget said:

As Herald of Fire said, you have a talent for creating natural looking poses but also for creating a mood.   I think mood and atmosphere are extremely important in art.

Thank you so much! blush I'm trying, glad it occasionally works out :)

@IceDragonArt He does. Incorrigible, that one ;)

edited February 2021

Revisiting old ideas. With new toys and upgraded character. Jerutha peeking in on.. Stay tuned wink

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

peeking on Amber I'm sure ;P

Carola O said:

Sssh! That's a secret ;)

But with that look on his face it better be, or she'll kick his shapely behind.

mori_mann said:
    Carola O said:

Sssh! That's a secret ;)

But with that look on his face it better be, or she'll kick his shapely behind.

That was what I thought too, he be in for a real whopping if it's not her *grins and wiggle eyebriows* but than, he might just like that too ;P

edited April 2018

Nah, he's not that kind of guy. He's also extremely loyal and monogamous. 

Amber's a lucky lady ;)

That she is, very lucky indeed :)

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@mori_mann - I like this image of Jerutha. I'm not familiar with all of your characters, but I like the pose, lighting and mood of this image. 

Wanderer said:

@mori_mann - I like this image of Jerutha. I'm not familiar with all of your characters, but I like the pose, lighting and mood of this image. 

Thank you :) 

Careful not to get me started on my characters (lovingly dubbed mind-sharers), I may never stop ;) There are millions of details and endless stories about them in my head. Some more developed than others. For some reason, I seem to have a soft spot for this guy especially. Even though he tends to be moody at the best of times. Part of his charm.

edited April 2018

Now, what is he getting up to now?  He better come bearing a gift if he is sneaking up on her!

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Now, what is he getting up to now?  He better come bearing a gift if he is sneaking up on her!

He is the gift ;) Knowing him, he really is just looking in. He's a bit boring and unimaginitive that way. Cute, though.

edited February 2021

This was inevitable, wasn't it? angel

Can't do a remake/update without doing the same for its companion.

As I said elsewhere, I was hoping to see the companion piece to Jeruthra's peeking :) and she's beautiful

Thank you :) 

I might extend the update to iray some day. But first.. I think I'll update another character or two. Or not.. We'll see :D

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Adorable render with the Easter eggs.  Maybe they are magical, and when he takes a bite, he turns a matching yellow, lol  

Adorable render with the Easter eggs.  Maybe they are magical, and when he takes a bite, he turns a matching yellow, lol  

Lol, that would be quite something :D

mori_mann said:

He is the gift ;) Knowing him, he really is just looking in. He's a bit boring and unimaginitive that way. Cute, though.

lol!

Jerutha is lovely!  Looking forward to seeing some more remakes!

Thank you!

I have one in progress. It's going to be quite a challenge, but that never stopped me before. Not permanently anyway ;)

Beautiful work on Jerutha and the lady above.  You pose your models in a very natural looking way.

Thanks. I like posing. It's sometimes frustrating, but mostly almost meditative for me.

edited February 2021

Treasure Hunting

I wanted him to make himself comfortable on a chair, with a nice mug of tea or hit chocolate within easy reach, but apparently, he found something so interesting that he just plopped down where he stood and started to read, so this must be a real gem ;)

I know the hand posing may be a bit odd or awkward, but the way the book bends (or rather, is opened and doesn't bend at all) this was the best I could do. I just tell myself it adds to the wonder of running into this specific page, right upon opening the book at random. He'll adjust later.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/570111/

Now let's see about that sudden idea for Llola's challenge that popped up out of nowhere..

edited May 2018

My next victim to be upgraded to G8..

More work to be done, but slowly getting somewhere.

Dimi - Iray skin and shape test 1.png
    1000 x 800 - 931K
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@mori_mann - I really like these last two again. The first one, I know what you mean about the hands, but my eye is really drawn upward to the hair and eye. I like your choice of colors here. This last one just looks interesting to me. I like the facial structure and the hair. The clothing makes me wonder about the details behind the moment. I think I find that in many of your images, if not all. There's a story going on and you're giving us hints about it with your art. Now that's really cool.

I like the last one.  The face structure looks amazing.

Thank you both :) I'm really glad that you like the facial structure. It took a lot of fiddling and adjusting to get it the way I want it and this is pretty close :) 

My characters refuse to just pose, they always want to appear as if they're caught in the middle of something. Or about to do something. Glad that shows! This was basically a test. I just slapped some clothes on him, really, but of course, I did make sure the colour suits him. (My characters do have rather elaborate stories, by the way and some images are illustrations to go with them.)

Really like the jaw and cheekbones on your next victim.

I didnt even really notice the hands until you said something.

(and guys, she has great stories!)