What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Look really good!  Great ambiance in the lighting.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2016

Simple test, turned into a battle of wills with my aging coffee grinder.

Ah, but it was good to have some time to play around, even if it was rather.. unplanned.

Nes - testing 11 WM.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 205K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

But aren't those unplanned images sometimes the best?

Very nice Mori.

Looks like you won the battle!  Love the lighting and the pose, and great job on the expression as well.

@Kismet: Oh yes, they are. Time consuming, though ;)

@Sonja:the battle included taking screenshots just in time before the dreaded 'failed to load' message came. It was up to me to puzzle those screens together to rescue the image. But yes, win I did :D

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660

I am so glad that you won the battle Mori cause the render turned out beautifully!!!!

edited September 2016

Seems I survived the move. To celebrate, I'll annoy you with a render :D

The market was full of stands selling books, rugs, carpets and most of all spices. Bags and baskets full of them. All spreading their scents, making the warm air heavy, but not unpleasantly so. Even amog the cloud of aromas, Nia'rith recognized her mother's favourite spice, reminding her of home. And to write a letter to her parents. She decided to add a small bag of spices, too, and omit the information that she may finally really have found a way to enter the Underdark and actually reach some interesting areas. Her mother had never understood her fascination with the place and worried too much that something might happen to her.

Smiling, the girl paid for her chosen wares and set out to find a room in some hopefully comfortable inn.

Nia Smell 8 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 460K
  • You did not even miss a beat Mori hun wow what an amazing render. She looks so pleased wit herself!!!

Aww, thank you!

And yeah, Nia does spend a lot of time being pleased with herself and the life she chose :)

edited October 2016

Pfew, it's been a while. Busy, flu and and a scrappy computer that shows it age more and more and has a lot of issues keeping up with rendering these days, but.. it behaved for this one. It also comes with a little story.

He opened his eyes, waking up from a kind of blackness. Was it sleep? He could not remember going to sleep. But then, he didn’t remember passing out either. Or anything else for that matter. That was strange. He should remember at least something, shouldn’t he?

The half-drow opened his eyes and then shot up into a half-sitting position, startled to find himself among the rubble of a crumbling building. Where was he? How did he get here? Why was his mind full of bits of knowledge, but not a single memory?

He took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down and clear his mind. There was no use trying to remember. It would come back to him eventually. Or it wouldn’t. The half-drow rubbed his face then took a good look around. A package of food. A canteen full of water and an unused bedroll. At least he had that.

With a sigh, he gathered the items that he assumed belonged to him and set out, away from this depressing place.

Nes - Rubble Risen 13 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 228K
    edited November 2016

I should not re-read notes from brainstorming sessions. Things like this happen when I do. Apparently.

(Quality suffered from resizing and compressing)

Cal - We have to 14 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 243K

Love the point of view on the Bazaar scene it really adds a great deal to it. Totally fits the story.

I love all the little stories that you tell with you scenes, always so interesting!

and welcome back!

My brain is full of stories adn sometimes they get out ;)

I've been playing around a bit. Nothing spectacular.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660

I am going to venture a guess here and say....... I think they are shooting the breeze about women and how they want to date to fairest lady in the land. Well they is how I see it in my head anyway giggles!!!laugh

I really like this. Its simple but it tells a story.  An everyday kind of story which is cool.

@Saphirewild :D They do have some light conversation, but it went more along the lines of..

"Tired already? I always thought elves had superior condition and stamina."
    "We do, Holy Man, just giving you a chance to catch your breath."

Glad it shows they're just chatting, though :D

@Ice Dragon Art Thank you! I don't aim at spectacle all the time. There needs to be space for quiet, peaceful every day stuff, too.

edited January 2017

Am I too late to drop some good wishes for the new year?

Let's start with my beloved moody ranger Jerutha. Another exercize in greens and browns your say? Ah yes, that's the thing with him. Very difficult to catch him any other way.

Testing 11 small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 230K
    edited January 2017

I keep finding Dimi at places where he isn't supposed to be. Like sitting on a statue. In a temple. At night.

And for what? Only to make a bad joke, I'm afraid..

"He's a good dog"

Dimi - Good dog 11 Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 205K
  • SoundLufsSoundLufs Posts: 67
    edited January 2017

Actually the dog has tremendous face expression and into camera gaze -  very artistic!  It would be great if you could "catch" the trick, and incorporate with some other characters.

Post edited by SoundLufs on

Thank you :) Yes, the wolf's (he does look like a dog without the LAMH fur and with a stony shader) expression made me choose this camera angle. I made the statue first (it's a full woman and wolf thing, but of course, Dimi wanted to be in there.. so you only see the animal). I absolutely plan to use the wolf more, but my PC is a bit wonky and often crashes when I load, render, save or otherwise try to use LAMH, so it'll probably not be any time soon.

Love the wolf/dog!  Jerutha looks like he is already thinking of other places.

edited January 2017

Rutha is *always* thinking of other places, preferably where I don't pester him ;)

Glad you like the wolf :D

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,837

haha, yes I can imagine Dimi in a situation like this, talking his way out of the latest shenanigans he got in... brilliant!

Linwelly said:

haha, yes I can imagine Dimi in a situation like this, talking his way out of the latest shenanigans he got in... brilliant!

That's him, yep. I have a suspician the talking himself out of it part is his favourite.

He also likws to claim taht the only chief he answers to, is mischief.

edited February 2017

Just leaving this here. Yeah, it's a bit raw. In different respects.

Nes Not showing 11 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 127K
    edited February 2017

I currently seem to lack in the communications department, but I'm still around, lurking and occasionally rendering.

Rhizhu, the incubus living in a (still mostly) human body, wanted his picture taken. So here he is :)

Rhi - come 9 small.jpg
    923 x 1200 - 199K
    mori_mann said:

I currently seem to lack in the communications department, but I'm still around, lurking and occasionally rendering.

Rhizhu, the incubus living in a (still mostly) human body, wanted his picture taken. So here he is :)

Is he going to become less human as time goes on?

mori_mann said:

Is he going to become less human as time goes on?

He sure intends to, yes. A human body works, but it feels a bit like wearing clothes that don't fit very well. So he'll do what he can to make it fit his natural shape. It's going to take him a very long time, though.

I will be watching with interest