What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited May 2018

Thanks Sonja :)

Speaking of stories..

He heard footsteps in corridor. Sadly, the guard appered to be intent on staying there, patrolling a tiny little area, walking up and down, blocking the rogue's path. Dimi shook his head. That would get him nowhere. He had already established that the wall would be easy enough to climb up if he wanted to. Without a sound, he made his way to the open passageway to blow out the candle standing on the barrel there. On a night like this, without a sigh of wind, that should get any alert and attentive guard's attention. Silently, he used the spaces between the bricks to crawl up the wall, hooking an arm around one of the upper balcony's decorative railing's support pillars.

After a few minutes of fruitless waiting, the rogue rolled his eyes. "Guards these days.. Good thing I always have these." He took a few pebbles from his pocket and tossed them at the barrel, causing a soft, hollow thud. Finally, the guard came to check the entrance. Holding his breath, Dimi waited..

Again showing my habit of spending ages on a character and then come up with something like this. Part of my charm I suppose.. Pose was fiddled from scratch. Because I can.

Dimi At Work 5 Small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 166K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I love your stories, they always have such a sense of humor to them!

I love your stories, they always have such a sense of humor to them!

Thank you :) I like to keep things light ;)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,655

I am liking you upgraded character and you stories are amazing!!!

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Excellent render.  The poses are perfect!

Aww, I really appreciate the nice comments :)

I like fiddling around and scribbling. Good to see it's entertaining.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@mori_mann - Your poses really are that good. It's humbling to see such work presented in such a subtle fashion. I like the stories you share in word and image. Thank you.

edited February 2021

You're welcome :) Where's the fun in creating without ever sharing anything?

Here's a quick portrait of the wall-climbing rogue from the previous image. Looks like he made it safely to G8.

Re-introducing Dimi

edited February 2021

Yeah about this image.. My brain decided to remind me of a few lines of conversation from a co-op story, which made me wonder how Calion would look as a goth. Long story, don't ask, lol. It wasn't pretty - as expected - but I ended up liking the pose too much to toss it, so I changed his hair and clothes adn a couple of other details and ended up with this.

Faithful Friend

Looks like Dimi made the transition well!

I really like that last one, and love his hair.  He looks very pensive

Again, your posing is really great. And ditto what Sonja said (@IceDragonArt).

He is indeed supposed to look pensieve, glad it came over that way :)

I never get tired of posing. Pleased to hear it pays off :)

You know Mori you should present those beautiful poses to Daz!!!

You never know you could become a PA as well!!!

@mori_mann - I second @Saphirewild's suggestion. You really should consider it.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

I agree with everybody else.  It's a great pose and a great render.  I like the theme too.

Thank you all :) 

I might consider making poses for sharing at some point. I'd have to start creating them with standard Genesis figures then, though. I usually just create what I need for the idea that I have with the character I have loaded for it. Nothing I can't fix, of course. I'd need some more hours in a day, that's all ;)

edited February 2021

Might as well pop this here, too :)

Dimi claims he once managed to remain undetected by a partolling guard by pretending to be a painting. As in, kneeling behind/inside and empty frame in a cellar full of oddities and curiosities, and keeping perfectly still.

I'm fairly sure it's a lie, but it is a fun story. Good enough to illustrate. Especially when squeezing the brain for Llola Lane's monthly challenge to make a render with a rectangle in it..

The Art of Hiding

@mori_mann - Love this story. Made me laugh. It could work though. I've seen crazier things. People often see what they are expecting to see. 

edited February 2021

@Wanderer Thanks. Dimi is a fun(ny) guy. And a very capable rogue.

Something new. Because of course I started out with an idea. Then decided the idea makes little sense (no, making sense is not actually a requirement) so I added something. Something big and time consuming, actually. And then I swung the camera around.. and got sonething not really unlike the original idea, only from a quite different POV. So.. yeah.

Fight It

And if you can't beat it, make it your friend and break it from within.

One of Ellaira's teachers was.. rather interesting. The kind of interesting that makes most people turn and run. But he also had knowledge that no one else had and she wanted to make it hers.. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

very nice, I like her expression. It's a bit thoughtful but also holdign a lot of attityde

Thanks! Sometimes I think this lady his half attitude, half ambition ;)

Definitely seeing the attitude! 

Love Dimi's strategy, as Wanderer said, it probably could work. 

mori_mann said:

@Wanderer Thanks. Dimi is a fun(ny) guy. And a very capable rogue.

Something new. Because of course I started out with an idea. Then decided the idea makes little sense (no, making sense is not actually a requirement) so I added something. Something big and time consuming, actually. And then I swung the camera around.. and got sonething not really unlike the original idea, only from a quite different POV. So.. yeah.

Fight It

And if you can't beat it, make it your friend and break it from within.

One of Ellaira's teachers was.. rather interesting. The kind of interesting that makes most people turn and run. But he also had knowledge that no one else had and she wanted to make it hers.. 

@mori_mann - I love this. Her eyes are very powerful. The expression is exquisite. Sometimes, it's what you don't see that tells the tale. Well done.

@Wanderer: I like to leave things up to the viewer's imagination :) Thanks for the nice words!

edited February 2021

And while I'm at it..

Oh Really?

I'm not going to explain this one. It's too long a story, But.. it was also a very good excurse to test that new skin. Yeah, another new skin :)

@mori_mann The look of your new skin is amazingly like real life skin, real good job!!

@mori_mann The look of your new skin is amazingly like real life skin, real good job!!

Thanks! It's only a recolour of an existing skin, so I didn't actually create it, but I'm glad it works so well on him :)

edited February 2021

Enough for Two

edited February 2021

Playing with expressions, inspired by a co-op story my best friedn and I are working on. Yes, I am pleased this guy can be persuaded to pose more in this new incarnation :D

I Listened

(but didn't care for what you were saying)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,865
    mori_mann said:

Faithful Friend

mori_mann said:

Enough for Two

Oh I love these two! The posing with the hands on the first one (and the squirrel too LOL) is spot-on, and the viewer gets the mood right away. And that squirrel deserves to eat if he's that clever! Great DOF.