What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2017

I'm around, just reading and not talking much. And posting this little image that randomly decided to happen. It has a bonus story. And yes, I did make Ryn's face a bit younger for this.

Valoryn was glad to be out of those brand new boots. His parents' parting gift for his journey into his future. One of them, anyway. The horse had not officially been his own until now, either. It was strange to be out here, knowing he would not return. Not any time soon, at the very least. He had promised to write once he had reached his destination. The Order that had accepted to take him on to start his paladin training. Valoryn had insisted it had to be this particular order at that particular location, no matter how his mother had pleaded with him to consider starting at one closer to home. He couldn't, for reasons he could not explain. Not yet and perhaps not ever.

So here he was, camping alone just outside a town that was full to bursting with people attending some local festival he hadn't known about. Needless to say there hadn't been a room in any of the inns left. It didn't matter. He wasn't that far from home yet. The roads were safe and well patroled by guards. He had no doubt he'd end up in less hospitable parts before the journey was over.

Ryn - Away from home 9 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 233K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited August 2017

In case anyone was wondering.. yes, I'm still alive! I try to keep up reading and watching, but I can't comment as much as I'd like. Let's put it down to my sparkling personality not always living up to the sparkling part. Did a few renders that I didn't put up here. I believe they are in my gallery and/or on my dA. Should you be interested :)

Peaceful Moment

Amber and Jerutha, my forest dwellers, caught up in a desert. At least there's a tent and refreshments :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866
    mori_mann said:

Amber and Jerutha, my forest dwellers, caught up in a desert. At least there's a tent and refreshments :)

I like the posing on these, the way the bodies overlap is very natural. Nicely done!

Thank you, Novica :) I posed them from scratch. Zero-pose is still my favourite starting point ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I agree the posing is very natural. 

And I also like the posing by the campfire and the short story.  I could immediately picture the overflowing town and him shaking his head and heading out to a quiet spot outside of town.  Nicely done!

Thanks :) Most of my renders have at least some story behind them. I need an excuse to make them, after all ;)

And well, I'm sort of addicted to posing from scratch. It's one of those things I do..

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Posed from scratch?  Wow!  Maybe you should try your hand at selling pose packs?  Very natural and fluid posing here.  

I like posing. Perhaps I'll try my hand at a pack one day. You never know waht the future brings, after all :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660

I really think you should Mori-Mann you do such amazing poses so spot on to whatever situation it needs to be!!!

Aww, you're making me blush :)

edited August 2017

Escape

"Just go!" Nilena had told him. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. GO!" He did. Casting one last look over his shoulder, Nes saw how she put the deformed, broken metal bands that had marked him as a slave into an empty barrel. The same one she had taken the simple, almost fitting clothes, sandals and hood from. Many things his friend had told him had fallen into place this night, her strange and wild preparations in case ‘an opportunity would arise’, suddenly made sense. “The less you know, the safer you are,” she had insisted whenever he asked. He wondered if she had only hear about the plot or was in on it. He would never known. This was probably his only chance to get away. Being caught would mean death, but considering that Alrenna’s fascination with him had pretty much been the only thing keeping him alive in this place, not grabbing this chance with both hands would be suicide.

So much blood.. No, he would not be distracted by what happened. The assassin coming in, doing his job and disappearing down the corridor. Pretending to be asleep was the only thing he could do until the commotion started. No one had paid attention to one more slave running around.

There were signs of confusion all around. Even here in the dungeon. Fallen barrels, scattered crates, extinguished torches.. If his memorized directions were right, if he had not taken a wrong turn anywhere, the stairs just around the corner would lead him to the residence’s back entrance. The sound of fighting made him look around. Seeing the shadows of two guards battling on the wall, Nes took a deep breath and made a run for the stairs, towards the pale light. He picked up an abandoned dagger someone had dropped on the steps. If there was anyone standing between him and his freedom, he at least had a chance..

A bit dark, but then, how could a barely lit corridor be this bright? Making it lighter would feel wrong.

Posed from scratch. Most of the hair added in postwork.

Nescape 12 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 118K
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,835

Yay! story time, more story from Nes! Thanks a lot, I always love seeing and reading those

and I have to agree, the posing on Amber and Jerutha are really good!

Thank you, @Linwelly :D I'm trying.

You scratch my back, I scratch yours

Made for Llola Llane's challenge.

Got a teensy bit carried way with the postwork on the manes and filters. But then, it was quite a challenge to render a light absorbing black and a light reflecting white to begin with.

• Gorgeous horses!  Love the storytelling as always,  I have no idea how I missed that last one...

Thank you :) I spent waaaay too much time on those horses, but they ended up looking okay.

Also glad you like the story bit. It probably go lost in camping adventures and the forums being busy ;)

• Entirely possible lol. 

• The horses render came out spectacular.  Love the title, very fitting.

edited September 2017

Thanks, Worlds_Edge :) 

Here's some other thing I made as a gift for my best friend. Her half-orc character Murves. A long time ago, she asked me to show her my take on him in 3D. She liked him, so I occasionally drag him out for giggles.

Murv hanging 11 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 521K
    edited September 2017

I should have known one of my characters would climb out of my runtime and up the tower.

Why do I even try testing at all? ;) I do like the flock of birds. Or the murder of crows in this case. So does druid Liondre. She wants one as a companion.

Choosing One

Choosing One 6 Small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 251K
    edited October 2017

Dimi had waited and observed the castle gate long enough to know this was it. Like on previous rounds, the in his not so humble opinion exaggeratedly heavily armoured guard opened the gate and walked across the bridge to check the road and immediately surrounding area for intruders. The rogue counted the heavy footsteps before leaving his hiding place under the brigde to sneak through the gate and help himself to whatever he deemed interesting enough. A place as heavily guearded as this one was sure to have at least something that was to his liking..

Just playing around with an idea I had. Dimi was happy to help. Yes, another dark scene. I can't help it that it's dark at night, can I?

Dimi - Opportunity 9 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 221K
    edited October 2017

Just a quick doodle to test my shiny new system. No more 8 year old coffee grinder - may its parts rest in storage. Also, hello DS 4.9, bye DS 4.6.

Calion approves of the improvements.

Cal Okidoki test 7 final.png
    800 x 1000 - 1023K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Congrats on the new gear!  Love the Dimi render and story and I must say that Murves looks quite...fit.

Did Liondre manage to capture her crow?

Congrats on the new gear!  Love the Dimi render and story and I must say that Murves looks quite...fit.

Did Liondre manage to capture her crow?

Thank you, I will have so much fun with it :D

Liondre did manage to get a crow. She won't tell me if it was from this flock or in another way, but a crow she got. Dimi always insists on stories. Silly rogue. (And I always insist on writing them down to make sure the images make at least  little bit of sense.) Murves works as a bouncer in a club. Looking (and being) fit is essential. Erm.. don't ask, it's a long (unpublished) story ;)

LAMH is really wonderful when the screen doesn't freeze when loading fur, doesn't slow the viewport down to a crawl and doesn't crash on saving laugh

Sadly, I still have (library) issues with 4.9. Issues that do not exist with good old 4.6 that I ended up installing to see if I had somehow messed it up when copying the think to a new HD. Should have known that, because re-installing the items (even through DIM, which I do not like one bit) still gave odd results. Like.. wanting to save current scene to open a new one for.. applying a pose. Or a hair item. Only to claim that the item was not where it should be. Following the path to it proved otherwise and loading from there did work. In a scene of its own. There was that.

So.. back to 4.6 until I'm ready for more experimenting.

Little somewhat seasonal image featuring black panther/overgrown housecat Ah'sh and some growing stuff.

(Original render was 2400 * 3000, renderd in a few seconds under an hour and a half. I almost did a little dance bacause of that, lol)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660

You are so talented Mori, I stand in awwww of your beautiful artwork!!

Aww, thank you, you make me blush! 

I usually make it up as I go along ;)

edited November 2017

I fell in love with https://www.daz3d.com/old-country-farmhouse and just had to use it. Of course, one of my beloved, but insufferable boys had to come along to demand his picture taken. So here is Calion. And a small part of the Old Country Farmhouse.

"Ah, my other favourite pastime arrives" (Did I say he's insufferable?)

Cal - Stairs 13 Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 268K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    mori_mann said:

I fell in love with https://www.daz3d.com/old-country-farmhouse and just had to use it. Of course, one of my beloved, but insufferable boys had to come along to demand his picture taken. So here is Calion. And a small part of the Old Country Farmhouse.

"Ah, my other favourite pasttime arrives" (Did I say he's insufferable?)

I fell in love with that instrument, where did you find it? And the farmhouse product page says it has an interior, did you check it out?

Is it fully textured? Any plans of rendering the inside?blush

The lute was a freebie (I think) from Ghostman. It's mentioned in this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/181189/, but can't find the dl-link right now.

The farmhouse had a few small rooms behind the doors and windows. Wouldn't call it a full interior, but the rooms are textured and are big enough to put a character or some stuff inside I think. I'll see if I can show it somehow. But dinner first ;)