What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

@Ice Dragon Art It will be very slow, but I like having options. He's a character in a story, so he'll develop there as he will in my images.

And then there's this one. Made for the render a month challenge. Might as well add it here :)

Reflections of a Rogue

Another test turned into a render fit for a challenge.

Story-wise, Rhizhu will not have his wings for quite some time yet, but I had to test http://www.daz3d.com/universal-demon-wings-for-genesis-2-male-s-and-genesis-2-female-s

So here he is, inviting you to take his hand and enjoy the view from higher up.

edited March 2017

Playing with emissive shaders.

That, and Nia'rith wanted to go see the famous giant, blue, glowing mushrooms with her own eyes.

Yes, any excuse will do ;)

Nia - Shrooms 15 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 133K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866

Really like the Reflections of a Rogue, quite charming!  Also the ones a few pages back of the colt/filly learning to get their legs. I had a filly born on my ranch years ago and it was delightful to see them wobbling around for a bit. They learn quickly though!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    mori_mann said:

Another test turned into a render fit for a challenge.

Story-wise, Rhizhu will not have his wings for quite some time yet, but I had to test http://www.daz3d.com/universal-demon-wings-for-genesis-2-male-s-and-genesis-2-female-s

So here he is, inviting you to take his hand and enjoy the view from higher up.

I would totally fly with him... Very nice, love his expression too.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    mori_mann said:

Playing with emissive shaders.

That, and Nia'rith wanted to go see the famous giant, blue, glowing mushrooms with her own eyes.

Yes, any excuse will do ;)

great point of view and love her expression, she really seems in awe of them. :) 

Novica said:

Really like the Reflections of a Rogue, quite charming!  Also the ones a few pages back of the colt/filly learning to get their legs. I had a filly born on my ranch years ago and it was delightful to see them wobbling around for a bit. They learn quickly though!

Thank you! I had a lot of fun posing that little foal. They are so adorable when they get tangled up in those long legs. Never takes them long to find out how they worl, indeed. And that's a good thing.

Ice Dragon Art I'm very sure he'd be happy to let you. He's.. erm.. helpful that way. 

deathbycanon Thanks! I'm glad the expression came out like that :D

edited March 2017

For giggles. And because my best friend asked nicely.

Calion was glad he had brought his electric guitar to this private performance in Gurm'tarz's domain. He had managed a few balads on his lute, but nothing could ease built-up tension like a good, loud solo on his beloved electric instrument. Gods knew he needed that right now. Quay's fondness of the huge devil did not mean the bard himself felt all that happy to be here. Even if he had accepted the 'invitation' to come play here. One did not tell a guy like Gurm'tarz 'no'. 

The elf barely kept himself from jumping and screaming when Gurm'tarz got to his feet, but being a professional, he managed to keep playing, drawing a carefully relieved breath when the big red guy only appeared to join him with a flawless air guitar solo.

Gurm skin 18 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 248K

hahahaha!  That was awesome!

lol, love the air guitar moves!

Thanks! It was fun to play with this :D

edited April 2017

T'hayn staring out of a window. Made for a horned men challenge at dA.

Thayn staring out 10 small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 189K
    edited April 2017

I'll just leave this here.

Nia insisted on dressing up like a pirate and demanded a fake moustache. Because if you can dress up as a boy to slip by unnoticed from time to time, you can also pull off this look. Apparently ;)

Cap'n Nia 10 small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 293K

Nicely done!

Thank you :D 

edited April 2017

Old character, now in 3D for teh first time. 

Meet Ellaira Armath.

Sorry about the quality loss :(

Don't you just love being able to bring something into 3 dimensions?  The ability to realize a vison in 3D still astonishes and amazes me.  She is unique and lovely! I really like her eyes and eyebrows.

Thanks :) She's supposed to be a bit odd looking. Glad you like how she turned out :)

Oh she is definitely odd looking but I like it lol.  I really enjoy characters that are not entirely normal.

mori_mann said:

I'll just leave this here.

Nia insisted on dressing up like a pirate and demanded a fake moustache. Because if you can dress up as a boy to slip by unnoticed from time to time, you can also pull off this look. Apparently ;)

She makes a very cute boy. :) 

edited May 2017

@deathbycanon Thanks and sorry for the late reply! She knows she can pass for a boy rather convincingly if she puts some effort in, but she wanted to be obnoxious in this one. SHe does that from time to time. Well, all the time, really ;)

Also, something new:

As she stared out over the mountains, her past suddenly came crashing back. Memories so old they should have been forgotten, events that should have been forgiven or at the very least should have lost their significance. She believed they had, that she had, but apparently not. Not completely. Some wounds - apparently - refuse to ever fully heal. It didn't help that she was at least partly to blame, herself.

With a sigh, Ellaira closed her hand around the glow that had sprung up in her palm before it could turn into a devastating spell, hurled out in a fit of temper and perhaps harm an innocent. It wouldn't be the first time.

"I had a heart once.." she whispered quietly. "Perhaps I will again."

Ellaira - Heart once 11 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 215K

Great expression, before I even read the story I thought she looked angry. You do a great job illustrating your words.

Thanks! I try. Glad it worked out here!

Lattest dabbling, made for Llola's Render a Month challenge. Quality got butchered when I uoploaded it as JPEG, do here's the PNG instead:

edited May 2017

They had been through this more than once, but Calion would never get used to these periods of darkness Qua'laen went through. Just like he never knew what to do to help or at least not make it worse. Stay and get on the drow's nerves - or sink into despair, himself, because there was no response, no matter what he said or did. Leave and risk making things worse if Quay woke up before he returned, finding their home empty, his mind tricking him into believing Cal had gone and would not return. 

The worst part was the ever increasing feeling of uselessness. To be completely powerless while the one he loved suffered in a dark place where he could not reach him. Not even to convince him he was not alone..

(Calion is mine, Quay, the drow (dark elf) was borrowed from my friend.)

Nothing Hurts Me Like Your Pain

mori_mann said:

They had been through this more than once, but Calion would never get used to these periods of darkness Qua'laen went through. Just like he never knew what to do to help or at least not make it worse. Stay and get on the drow's nerves - or sink into despair, himself, because there was no response, no matter what he said or did. Leave and risk making things worse if Quay woke up before he returned, finding their home empty, his mind tricking him into believing Cal had gone and would not return. 

The worst part was the ever increasing feeling of uselessness. To be completely powerless while the one he loved suffered in a dark place where he could not reach him. Not even to convince him he was not alone..

(Calion is mine, Quay, the drow (dark elf) was borrowed from my friend.)

Nothing Hurts Me Like Your Pain

The perfect description of depression.  You did a great job on this one.  Your expressions are always spot on.

edited May 2017

Thank you. Depression is a female dog. For the one going through it, obviously, but also for those close to them.

I try to keep expressions believable. Glad it worked here. There's a fine line between too little and too much.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Great render and really matches the story behind it.  The sadness and sadness/frustration of the characters are palpable.

Thank you so much! Glad to hear that.

Its easier to 'feel' when you know the characters and the story behind the image, so it's very good to hear the mood comes across.

edited May 2017

Secret Snack

When he was a slave and a powerful lady's plaything, Nes was lucky that one of the more important servants took a liking to him, letting him sneak into the kitchen for a quick snack from time to time.

(But oh boy, upload did it no favours..)

Nes - Secret Snack 7 Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 157K