What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

Mori doesn't overdo her expressions, but they always say a lot.  :)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    Teofa said:

Mori doesn't overdo her expressions, but they always say a lot.  :)

Aww, thank you! I try to keep expressions natural. It doesn't always work, but it doesn't feel right to exaggerate.

edited January 2016

You know those images captioned 'if you share this, a homophobe will unfriend you' going around on Facebook (and probably other social media)? Well, I suppose that was what finally pushed me to get this one out. The idea had been brewing for a while.

So.. I ended up giving in to Calion and borrowing my friend's awesome drow Quay (her character, my morph) and this is what rolled out.

No, I am not sorry :D

CQ Kiss 11 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 250K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited January 2016

:)   Lasai tends to collect stray Wood Elf tavern girls.....  Norrath is less excitable regarding these things.

Closing Time.jpg
    876 x 700 - 297K
    Post edited by Teofa on

No harm in collecting strays ;) Calion has a history of collection ladies found in taverns, personnel or not (yeah, he swings both ways). But that was before he met Quay.

Lasai's dates with "the boys" usually end up with some ego contest or drunken fistfight..

Cal is a bard, he's happy to talk anyone under the table, but he doesn't do fist fights. Lacks the physical strenght for that. 

edited February 2016

I think I got a tiny little bit carried away by a strawberry challenge over at dA. I took it with a little bit of a twist I'm afraid..

Image did not enjoy being compressed for web use.

Nia strobbery challenge 10 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 186K
    edited February 2016

heh, She's not tied or blindfolded... not too twisted :)

At least not in a 50 Shades kind of twisted :)

"unless she is allergic to strawberries, like me"

Post edited by Teofa on

There is that. And she's being fed a small, sweet fruit, too ;)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Mori I think your renders are outstanding everyone tells a great story

Thank you so much!

I do try not to make simple pin-ups. Stories or random momens are much more fun.

edited February 2016

Let's put this here as well.

Made for Llola Lane's render a month challenge.

"Leg Mastery"

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,929

Tha is really nicely posed! Not easy to make it awkward but at the same time right for a foal.

• That foal is so cute and great posing. Makes me wish I still had my horses.

Thank you both :) Posing from scratch is one of my favourite parts of the process. This was a challenge to get right, but a fun one. I always knew watching lots of foals (mostly on movies) and their antics would come in handy some day.

edited February 2016

Another fight with LAMH. Hardware still says no. There was a version that did render, but the poor cat looked like it either exploded or was electrocuted. Not a look I was going for. Every otehr attempt crashed. Probably meant those would have looked better ;)

Once again, I will tell myself not to touch LAMH until I upgraded the coffee grinder. How long will I last thins time?

Either way, Calion and a cat, both distracted by someone entering the room.

"Hello There"

Cal and Cat 12 small.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 400K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    mori_mann said:

Another fight with LAMH. Hardware still says no. There was a version that did render, but the poor cat looked like it either exploded or was electrocuted. Not a look I was going for. Every otehr attempt crashed. Probably meant those would have looked better ;)

Once again, I will tell myself not to touch LAMH until I upgraded the coffee grinder. How long will I last thins time?

Either way, Calion and a cat, both distracted by someone entering the room.

"Hello There"

This one is truely amazing Mori,the cat looks so life like.

Thank you!

I would have liked the cat to be a bit more furry, but.. life isn't always about what we want, is it? wink

edited March 2016

Done with winter. Time for something bright.

"Tropical Breeze"

Nia Panpipes 12 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 607K
    edited March 2016

The pale elf looked familiar. Nes was certain he had seen him before in a village a few days ago. Watching him with patient hatred. He hadn’t acted then and the half-drow had been able to slip away into the busy market place’s crowd. Nes didn’t believe in coincidence. He was being followed. Again.

Trying not to draw attention to himself, the half-drow pulled up his hood and stood up, leaving the coins he owed for his half-eaten meal and his barely touched cup of ale on the table, along with the key to the room he had been looking forward to spend the night in. He couldn’t risk going upstairs to get his meagre possessions. There was no way to reach the stairs without passing the pale skinned elf. Besides, he valued his life more than the few items he had found unimportant enough to leave unguarded while he had dinner in the common room.

Quietly, Nes left the inn, nodding a greeting at a serving girl in passing. Outside, he took care not to attract attention by running. He breathed a sigh of relief when he found the small square in front of the inn abandoned. At the sound of the door opening, the half-drow slipped around the  very first corner, careful not to let the bright light of the full moon betray him with his own shadow.

“I think he went that way,” the waitress’ voice broke the silence.

Without a sound, Nes disappeared between the city’s buildings. 

Nes - hiding 14 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 231K
    edited May 2016

I lost count how many times this one refused to do test renders for lighting before I gave up and went ahead with a big render without testing. It's not exactly how I wanted it, but after it spent 20 minutes at 100% before it finally let me save, I decided that was quite enough. For some reason, Photshop didn't like it either and crashed several time during postwork, too. So.. here it is, in all its limited glory. I may go back when I finally upgrade my coffee grinder, but that plan has been pushed back a few more years. 

It reminded me of a story blurp I wrote some time ago and while it doesn't match exactly, it may be more enjoyable than a dry explanation of facts :)

Mistress Alrenna put the cup down with a disgusted frown. “This stuff isn’t worth it,” she said and gestured for Nes to approach her. “Ah, but I can’t afford to have an accidental heir, can I?” She leaned forward, closely examining the half-drow. “You do have good bone structure.” Her breath was warm on his face, but the fingers on his jaw were cool, prodding his skin a little harder than was comfortable. Nes knew better than to pull back. Or say something. Or even allow his growing apprehension to change the rhythm of his breathing. He waited.

A small smile briefly touched the corners of Alrenna’s mouth. “My sister would be so annoyed if I had a strong girl. That alone would be worth it. If you were not of mixed blood you might do for that purpose.” She shook her head as if shaking off a daydream. “Useless fantasies,” she declared harshly.

“Call the healer, I wish to speak to her,” she ordered, pushing Nes away. “And have this slave flogged. The room across the hall will do. I have no wish to watch, but I will hear him scream.”

Not knowing how he had displeased her this time, the half-drow let himself be dragged off, careful not to let the surprise and horror he felt show on his face. 

Half Breed 12 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 225K
    edited May 2016

This happened after re-reading a co-op story. It's loosely based on a single line and for some reason I had to see if I could pull that pose off. Story may be made available at some later time. As the final picture has little to nothing to do with the story anymore, I'm not going to add it here.

Basically, this is Calion pretending to be mightily offended.

Cal - knuckles 13 WM.jpg
    728 x 1200 - 209K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nice!

Thank you :)

edited May 2016

Fun with posing and filters, mostly.

Belle - Breaking free 11 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 202K
    edited May 2016

I seem to be rather productive these past few days.. 

This was an unplanned side effect of some experimenting and playing around. 

"Just look a the size of this thing! Now get out of here, quickly and quietly, before anyone notices."

Dimi - Getaway 13 WM.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 158K
    edited June 2016

I'm still alive! Just mostly absent, because we're moving somewehere this summer and are very busy getting the new house ready for habitation. Okay, that sounds overly dramatic. Basically painting, cleaning.. that kind of thing. Doesn't leave much time for rendering, though.

I thought I could get away with a quick and simple remake. But.. I ended up changing pretty much everything, except the camera angle and the character's pose :p

Sadly, quality got hurt in compression, resizing and uploading.

Rutha - Drunk 2016 7 WM.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 292K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    mori_mann said:

I'm still alive! Just mostly absent, because we're moving somewehere this summer and are very busy getting the new house ready for habitation. Okay, that sounds overly dramatic. Basically painting, cleaning.. that kind of thing. Doesn't leave much time for rendering, though.

I thought I could get away with a quick and simple remake. But.. I ended up changing pretty much everything, except the camera angle and the character's pose :p

Sadly, quality got hurt in compression, resizing and uploading.

Is anything ever quick and simple on a remake? 

Looks great mori_mann.

Of course it isn't. What would be the fun in that? ;)

Glad you like it!