What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

I love that crossbow

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Shiny, isn't it? It's from http://www.daz3d.com/crossbows :)

edited April 2015

Very Shiny! Funny, as I had looked at that product and honestly, the promo didn't show it off like your render does.

Post edited by Teofa on
    edited December 1969

Sometimes promos make items look better than anyone ever will in their own works and sometimes they only catch the eye when someone uses them :)

edited December 1969

I was playing around with a vague idea. Just doodling, really. I wanted these 3 boys in one image.

Calion the elf, Nes the half drow/half elf and my best friend's drow Qua'laen.

I kinda liked the result.

Family_9_small.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 256K
    edited December 1969

While I don't think there's anything shocking or naughty in this latest one, I am only going to post a link.

http://fav.me/d8rrth9

Posed from scratch. And yes, it was a lot of work :)

edited December 1969

Xhiz, the dubstep loving lizardman DJ :)

Was born from a random play-around with the G2M creature creator and fitted a co-op story character's description surprisingly well when taking a closer look.

Xhiz_DJ-ing_7_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 196K
    edited December 1969

I regret nothing!

Slimey is a good uncle. Just saying.

Babysitting_8_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 243K
    edited December 1969

As nothing shows, I figured it was okay to post here. If not, let me know and I'll link it up :)

Too late he noticed the small group. By the time he realized they were drow scouts, they were too close to run or hide from them. Nes had made a valiant but futile attempt to defend himself with a stick and a rock he had found. They had casually knocked him to the floor, bound him and taken him along to their hide-out, where he was stripped of his clothes and all his meagre posessions, and tossed into a cell to await his fate. He heard casual talk about slavery, which was a bit of an open door, considering he was not a drow and a male a that.

After a few hours of trying to adjust to the strange pale blue, nearly white light coming from the magical orbs on the ceiling, a commanding voice had broken through Nes's thoughts. A woman demanding to see the prisoner. He only realized she meant him when she appeared in front of the bars and told him to approach. She inspected his teeth and some other essentials, and ordered the guards to bathe and prepare him and put him into her room.

The rough procedure didn't take long. Nes was shoved into the room, with the sole instruction to sit on the divan and not move from there until 'Lady Alrenna' told him otherwise. He could only assume that was the woman who had claimed him. He wasn't sure if he should be thankful for that or not.

It felt like hours passed before she finally came to him. When she did, she marched straight to where Nes obediently sat, waiting.

"You're mine now," she told him. "You will do as I ask and no harm will come to you."

It was a very clear threat.

Nes_-_First_Night_8_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 242K
    edited December 1969

I've had a busy couple of days.

All good, though. Two renders finished (with the necessary bits of postwork, mostly fixing hair and a few filters and corrections).

Both are completely posed from scratch. I like posing.

Passion - The dancing one is a follow-up for a previous one and I think a third will complete the series later on.

So.. - With the slightly naughting looking half-drow was made for a challenge over at Deviant Art. No, Nes isn't playing air guitar ;)

Passion_13_Small.jpg
    1200 x 1080 - 132K
    Nes_-_Chest_challenge_11_small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 129K
    edited June 2015

AS my trusty coffee grinder isn't up to running 4.8, I've happily finished creating this G2F character.

Meet Nia'rith Brightshadow, Nia for short.

Something different after all those elf boys I've been annoying you with ;)

Nia_6_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 252K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited December 1969

More or less a remake/revisit of an older picture/idea.

Thoughts_-_redo_8_WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 327K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Nia is a nice edition to your group.

Never hurts to revisit an old image.

edited December 1969

Thank you :)

I like going back to oldies. It's fun to see if you actually improved or only want to believe so ;)

edited July 2015

Playing with shaders and environments is always a good excuse to experiment with lighting :)

Dimi, hunting for treasure and other valuables.

He gets the feeling he's Not Alone In The Dark..

Dimi - cheesy image 7 small.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 111K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Looks very nice!  I like your new avatar too (at least I think it's new?) 

edited July 2015

Thank you :) I kinda like the effect of the linear point lights.

I've had this avatar for a few months I think, I changed it before the forum change, but haven't posted much with it. Glad you like it! It's from http://fav.me/d8e62e5.

edited August 2015

Did a few more renders, want to share two of them here :)

Nia'rith dancing on a table:

Valoryn blessing his sword (an image that happened entirely by accident while I was testing several items):

Val Blessing 7 Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 129K
    Nia - Table dance 12 WM.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 229K
    edited August 2015

So. Her guide had run off then. Nia’rith wasn’t surprised. A reliable guide at that price to a place like this – whatever this place was – had to be either mad or a fraud, but the short, scruffy man’s story had been so compelling  that she had agreed to hire him anyway. It wasn’t the first time. With a small shrug the tiefling looked around the strange cavern. Sharp crystals and odd, faintly glowing rocks dotted the granite walls. The elevated gazebo-like structure that made up their.. her campsite appeared to be the ruin of long-abandoned worship site.

“At least he didn’t take my supplies,” she muttered to herself after checking her pack. “Let’s see if we can find a way out of here. Or deeper in.” After all, how bad could it be? Thankful for her ability to see in the dark, Nia’rith decended the steps, ready to face the unknown.

Nia - Lost 12 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 198K
    edited September 2015

Haven't posted anything new here lately, but did want to share this one :)

Moon landing 11 wm.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 444K
    edited October 2015

*dusts thread off*

I wasn't gone. Just didn't update.

Did a few things lately. I'll do some links do avoid spam and copy pasting too much text.

Totally random: http://fav.me/d9cmvtv

Half-drow plaything at a banquet, the poor thing: http://fav.me/d9d7aq1

Dimi being a gleeful rogue:

Black and white challenge experiment with Valoryn: 

Val Just looking 12 small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 147K
    Dimi - Lounging 10 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 152K
    edited December 2015

Still working on this one (partial preview). Needs postwork, mostly.

Nia - Lady Smile zz more peek.jpg
    331 x 593 - 62K

I really like this last one

Thank you :) 

Link to the final version, with 'story': http://fav.me/d9j3frk

edited January 2016

My first finished image of this year. Really a remake of something I believe I once entered in a new user contest.

I like remakes.

Story and link to some of the original 2013 tests can be found here: http://fav.me/d9mqu0s

Please 2016 9 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 226K
    edited January 2016

Aw.  They both have the face I have now reading about 4.9.

Why get better if not to improve older, meaningful images?

Post edited by Teofa on

LoL! I like to pretend there's nothing after 4.6. When I upgrade my curretn 6 or 7 year old machine will be soon enough to look into what's current then.

Yup.  I haven't mastered 4.6.  Till I do, not much incentive to move on.  I like to wait 6 mo-1yr on "new" to see how it works over time.  This saved me from Vista, Win 8, 4.8 and a pile of MMOs that launched half done.

Patience is a virtue :D

And yesm skipped the bad windows versions and a lot of other things that made people miserable after the thrill of 'FIRST!' wore off.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Teofa said:

Aw.  They both have the face I have now reading about 4.9.

Why get better if not to improve older, meaningful images?

I totally agree.  Great expressions that tell the story well. (and work for how I am feeling about 4.9 too)