The Dance

Alien Dual 01 FiltForg1 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Chohole said:
    head wax said:
    Chohole said:

I used to enjoy doing them.   Only stopped because most peeople went over to Genesis   and I use Poser as a plug in for my Bryce   (and Carrara of course, when I do use it)  

oh that's sad you stopped doing them - I admit to using the m4 k4 and v4 series still ! Genesis et al is too megabyte intensive when saving out carrara files

did you ever use stitchwitch?

Actually the people that made Stitchwitch gave me a free copy to try,  hoping that I would get on with it and give them some mentions.  I found it was easier to keep on using the methods that I was used to I'm afraid.

ah yes Stitchwitch is good on paper. I have a copy but only used a few times sadly :( 

edited October 2018
    Bunyip02 said:

The Dance

super Bunyip02, those blue veins are singing and the green man is beautifully delineated against the ground

Post edited by Headwax on

Image may contain: 1 person, text

probably posted this previously, one of my brief forays with genesis from memory

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,332
    head wax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

The Dance

super Bunyip02, those blue veins are singing and the green man is beautifully delineated against the ground

Thanks Headwax, was going to change the texture on the bigger monster but left the textures as originals.

head wax said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

probably posted this previously, one of my brief forays with genesis from memory

Looks familiar, but it's still a goodie as well as a classic Hook !!!

Thanks Mr Bunyip :)

Have you seen this chap's work? Works in that Carrara plug in, poser ;)

https://tpub.co.uk/the-traveller/?fbclid=IwAR3op2PU88MiCCajOiNojmFm50K7j8M4G8htHYP2cW3LYvrhlRI-eLQ7iAQ

head wax said:

Thanks Mr Bunyip :)

Have you seen this chap's work? Works in that Carrara plug in, poser ;)

https://tpub.co.uk/the-traveller/?fbclid=IwAR3op2PU88MiCCajOiNojmFm50K7j8M4G8htHYP2cW3LYvrhlRI-eLQ7iAQ

Had a sticky beak once before, some very nice work.

edited November 2018

thanks yes he is a master

thanks yes he is a master

Always nice inspiration to see what the other talented folk are up to.

edited November 2018

Spaceport

Spaceport 1.png
    2400 x 1800 - 2M

LOvely linework - especially around the buildings

LOvely linework - especially around the buildings

Thanks Headwax, first render was a bit overpowering so I narrowed the lines a bit.

edited November 2018

The Chase

Chase 1 TopazImpressOil 1600.png
    1600 x 1000 - 4M

Ha ha glad that's not me. That passage top left is very painterly 

edited November 2018

Image may contain: 1 person

Mr Goat Man

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited November 2018

I'm late for the Halloween.

Doc4.png
    1300 x 1600 - 813K
    Doc4frac.png
    1300 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

- Bunyip, that guy in the chase needs to run a LOT faster!  Love the spaceport.  Is that a set for sale? If so, is it here or elsewhere?  Or maybe a freebie, or make it yourself?  Could see that as part of my sci-fi backdrops.

- Headwax - we have had an unfortunate trend in slang here.  The term goat is used for scapegoat, a person blamed for something that went wrong.  The term GOAT is also used for some on who is the Greatest Of All Time at their profession.  Very confusing.  Which is your goatman?  Love the way you brought out the light around the eyes.  Assume it was part of your postwork.  Hope to spend an increasing share of my hobby time learning such techniques. Already loving all the multipass options.

- Veronika, what can I say?  That is another beautiful and creepy image - at the same time.  Love the way you preserved the floor reflection.  yesyes

I need to contribute some more NPR stuff. Seems like it has been a while.

Thank you so much, Ted!

Andrew, cool Fawn! What the necklace did you use on him? Did you model it yourself?

edited November 2018
    Vyusur said:

this one is superbr, how the flowers look like delicate stone, That's a wonderful skull, how the foramens are preserved and the delicate bones in the nasal cavity

Vyusur said:

Andrew, cool Fawn! What the necklace did you use on him? Did you model it yourself?

Thank you Veronika, oh it's in my V4 content I think, I was just dragging stuff around, the original faun had hair on the head and chest.

Using a large clumping number made the hair look a little like short feathers - worth a revisit. See image below 

- Headwax - we have had an unfortunate trend in slang here.  The term goat is used for scapegoat, a person blamed for something that went wrong.  The term GOAT is also used for some on who is the Greatest Of All Time at their profession.  Very confusing.  Which is your goatman?  Love the way you brought out the light around the eyes.  Assume it was part of your postwork.  Hope to spend an increasing share of my hobby time learning such techniques. Already loving all the multipass options.

-

He is both :) Ah the light in the eyes are just from bulbs with a small range - I have used the idea before with spotlights but was reminded by some work in the present challenge by Mark (?)

Good to see you contributing more! ;)

Thank you for the nice comment, Andrew!

Your t-shirts are very cool. I also like the blue and goldish tints combined in one colour composition.

I also dabbled in placing pictures on t-shirts on zazle, but I soon got tired of it.

Vyusur said:

Thank you for the nice comment, Andrew!

Your t-shirts are very cool. I also like the blue and goldish tints combined in one colour composition.

I also dabbled in placing pictures on t-shirts on zazle, but I soon got tired of it.

thank you Veronika - their pillows and mugs are good, their bags okay, some t shirts are fine :) some are crap!

Ha ha glad that's not me. That passage top left is very painterly 

Thanks Headwax, was going to make those bricks look more painterly as well but I slacked off.

Image may contain: 1 person

Mr Goat Man

You're getting plenty of mileage out of the Goat-man, interesting chracter.

Vyusur said:

Like the second one best !!!

- Bunyip, that guy in the chase needs to run a LOT faster!  Love the spaceport.  Is that a set for sale? If so, is it here or elsewhere?  Or maybe a freebie, or make it yourself?  Could see that as part of my sci-fi backdrops.

- Veronika, what can I say?  That is another beautiful and creepy image - at the same time.  Love the way you preserved the floor reflection.  yesyes

Diomede many thanks.

The space-port is an adaption of Taos City made by Herminio Nieves, it is one of his paid for items. Do a search at TurboSquid for Taos City, his username there is scifijunk.

Herminio also has a lot of freebies at ShareCG, the spacecraft in the render are all freebies of his. http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=herminio&division_id=5

Image may contain: one or more people, water, ocean, outdoor, text and nature

One for a friend of mine who comitted suicide in 2012.

variations

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and water

This discussion has been closed.