Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Stezza said:

Eagle 20.............................. fox 2

Looking for a flat mate.....

heh, the white guy on the left looks like me after Christmas Dinner :)

Here's one for Stezza . His dog boned by Diomede !

edited January 2018

Couple of different treatments on a Gladiator

ps

edit tips on adding textures in post here start at the five minute mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5VHb4x-0Gs

tutorial on getting a charcoal look with Nix collection https://thinkdrawart.com/how-to-transform-your-3d-art-into-a-charcoal-sketch

Post edited by Headwax on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

very cool indeed...

love the dog... yes

Stezza said:

very cool indeed...

love the dog... yes

yes you did a great job :) Hivewire better watch out!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited January 2018

Ain't nobody better mess with my dog!

No postwork neither!

NPR Dog.png
    1000 x 1500 - 865K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

classic love the dirt effect and the look on the dog's face!

No postwork neither!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

awesome UB... he looks happy  angel

here he is chasing the TyreMan... better than chasing cars I guess...

used ToonPro on this one..

edited January 2018

Thanks HW and Stezza!  It's still not quite what I want.  It's a comic book "style in progress", rather than a WIP.

Sorry I haven't been praising much lately.  I've kind of run out of superlatives.  Really nice work here you all have posted in the past few days.

Stezza, your dog is a very cool creation.  Thank you again for sharing it.  I don't have the boned version yet.  I can see this ending up as a Carrara staple, especially in toon renders.

And possibly in old oil paintings. :)

NPR A Girl and her dog.png
    1000 x 1500 - 2M
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    head wax said:

Couple of different treatments on a Gladiator

ps

edit tips on adding textures in post here start at the five minute mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5VHb4x-0Gs

tutorial on getting a charcoal look with Nix collection https://thinkdrawart.com/how-to-transform-your-3d-art-into-a-charcoal-sketch

Awesome work - love the colour one !!!

No postwork neither!

Very nice UB !!!!

Stezza said:

awesome UB... he looks happy  angel

here he is chasing the TyreMan... better than chasing cars I guess...

used ToonPro on this one..

Excellent - Tyre man better not stop or he's going to get a wet foot/leg !!!!

Thanks HW and Stezza!  It's still not quite what I want.  It's a comic book "style in progress", rather than a WIP.

Sorry I haven't been praising much lately.  I've kind of run out of superlatives.  Really nice work here you all have posted in the past few days.

Stezza, your dog is a very cool creation.  Thank you again for sharing it.  I don't have the boned version yet.  I can see this ending up as a Carrara staple, especially in toon renders.

And possibly in old oil paintings. :)

Gorgeous - keep them coming !!!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

There has been some wonderful work on here lately. It seems wrong to single any out but the engraved style in Head Wax's third gladiator really catches my eye!

edited January 2018

Off with the Fairies again.

Karyssa 8 using Misty's G8F Carrara Beta. Combination of Topaz Impression & DAP.

Fairy 3 DAPx2 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited January 2018

Magnificent work going on here.

@Bunyip - happy, happy, Faeries, love the color choices

@Stezza - is the tireman entering a beauty contest (referring to the sash)?  Our Michelin man does not have a sash.  Well done.

@UnifiedBrain - I am just continuously amazed at your work with the older figures.  The Girl never looked better.  I especially like the oil painting.  I've been trying and failing to create that look forever.

@Headwax - so many terrific styles for the gladiator.  Thanks for the tips and links!

Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Magnificent work going on here.

@Bunyip - happy, happy, Faeries, love the color choices

@Stezza - is the tireman entering a beauty contest (referring to the sash)?  Our Michelin man does not have a sash.  Well done.

@UnifiedBrain - I am just continuously amazed at your work with the older figures.  The Girl never looked better.  I especially like the oil painting.  I've been trying and failing to create that look forever.

@Headwax - so many terrific styles for the gladiator.  Thanks for the tips and links!

Thanks Diomede

Another one:-

Black Ninja Crow & friends

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited January 2018

Bunyip - long live black ninja crow's cute sidekick!  very expressive

Here is a GMIC filter Pen for another test cover.

samecover, filter forge cartoon

brash wip 2d filter forge cartoon creator.jpg
    800 x 1321 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on

Blink and you'll miss it! Amazing stuff, will be back this arvvo, apologies for the rush post!

• FP_b647bf2daeFP_b647bf2dae Posts: 38
    edited January 2018

Here is a render processed in Dynamic Auto Painter (Aqua Real preset) with some additional tweaking in DAP Layers tab.

Hey FP_b6, very nice work!  Thanks for posting.  I'm especially glad when someone posts a human example in DAP.  It seems that most artists post landscapes, which are often stunning, but it's nice to see people as well..

Just a head's up, on your original post, you exceeded the requested render width of 800 pixels.  Probably better to follow that rule, to stay out of moderator trouble.  Plus, because it was so wide (1200 pixels), the render looked distorted horizontally.

Thanks for that, good to know. The original render was small (Done on Gigabyte BRIX i5 with intel graphics card so you can imagine) but DAP enlarges the source in multiplications so I ended up with thousands of pixels. It is often beneficial to start with small source, often too many details distract.

The portraits NPR are tricky, in any automatic software. You can't for example choose monet preset and expect to have reasonable portrait result. But there are few that work reasonably well like azo, various watercolors (sometimes difficult) and there is a Glamour which is somewhere between photo and painting. I will try to do more examples because I am curious as well.

Post edited by FP_b647bf2dae on
    Diomede said:

Bunyip - long live black ninja crow's cute sidekick!  very expressive

Here is a GMIC filter Pen for another test cover.

samecover, filter forge cartoon

Thanks Diomede.

Love your Brash covers, like the GMIC version best. Have to use that more often !!!!!

Here is a render processed in Dynamic Auto Painter (Aqua Real preset) with some additional tweaking in DAP Layers tab.

Hey FP_b6, very nice work!  Thanks for posting.  I'm especially glad when someone posts a human example in DAP.  It seems that most artists post landscapes, which are often stunning, but it's nice to see people as well..

Just a head's up, on your original post, you exceeded the requested render width of 800 pixels.  Probably better to follow that rule, to stay out of moderator trouble.  Plus, because it was so wide (1200 pixels), the render looked distorted horizontally.

Thanks for that, good to know. The original render was small (Done on Gigabyte BRIX i5 with intel graphics card so you can imagine) but DAP enlarges the source in multiplications so I ended up with thousands of pixels. It is often beneficial to start with small source, often too many details distract.

The portraits NPR are tricky, in any automatic software. You can't for example choose monet preset and expect to have reasonable portrait result. But there are few that work reasonably well like azo, various watercolors (sometimes difficult) and there is a Glamour which is somewhere between photo and painting. I will try to do more examples because I am curious as well.

Looking forward to seeing your examples !!!

edited January 2018

Another Alien render.

Is Misty's G8F Carrara Beta with a heap of morphs dialed in.

Used Sloshwerks Genesis 8 UV Swap to convert RawArts Cat World for Genesis 8 Male(s) Cheetah skin to G8F.

There were some stretching issues on the joins between the legs and torso which I used the clone brush in PaintShopPro to fix.

Also used TangoAlphas excellent MV Stella Crew Deck - love his little dedication to Cripeman !!!!!

Alien 3b TopazSimplify 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    edited January 2018

The portraits NPR are tricky, in any automatic software. You can't for example choose monet preset and expect to have reasonable portrait result.

I hear you.  It's the same in Fotosketcher.  The painting effects it has are amazing, but if you apply them to a standard render the results typically look weird, like a digitized oil painting.  I'm learning that I have to "prepare" the render first with G'MIC filters before I load it into Fotosketcher.  And even then, it usually takes a lot of tweaking in Fotosketcher to get close to a real effect.

It may be easier to just paint the darn thing. :)

Thank you Bunyip and Diomede, for the nice comments.

Diomede, similar to Bunyip, I like the GMIC version of your render best.  Looks more authentic for the time you are aiming at.

Bunyip, that is some crazy stuff you have done with G8!  And thanks for pointing out that sneaky TA Cripeman tribute!

• FP_b647bf2daeFP_b647bf2dae Posts: 38
    edited January 2018

Here is one portrait I just quickly put together and then used Cezanne preset in Dynamic Auto Painter with some tweaking - used more soft reveal on the face itself than the surrounding in the Retouch panel. The exact steps were: during Dry reveal, I paused with right mouse, then moved the dry reveal strength slider to maybe 20% or so, so mostly the rough underpaint showed, then after details were finished, went to retouch panel and with soft brush put the Soft Reveal back to face. Adjusted the outline to a thin pencil and that's mostly it.

Here the same using GoghHD, however, during detail painting I used Forced Auto Brush and helped to bring out the edges and features of the portrait otherwise they would be too "random".

portrait-notfinished-white_DAP_HALF_Cezanne.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 884K
    portrait-notfinished-white_DAP_HALF_GoghHD.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by FP_b647bf2dae on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Bunyip02 said:

Another Alien render.

Used Sloshwerks Genesis 8 UV Swap to convert RawArts Cat World for Genesis 8 Male(s) Cheetah skin to G8F.

There were some stretching issues on the joins between the legs and torso which I used the clone brush in PaintShopPro to fix.

Also used TangoAlphas excellent MV Stella Crew Deck - love his little dedication to Cripeman !!!!!

Lol, glad you spotted it. smiley (there's one somewhere on the Command Deck too . . .)

Here is one portrait I just quickly put together and then used Cezanne preset in Dynamic Auto Painter with some tweaking - used more soft reveal on the face itself than the surrounding in the Retouch panel. The exact steps were: during Dry reveal, I paused with right mouse, then moved the dry reveal strength slider to maybe 20% or so, so mostly the rough underpaint showed, then after details were finished, went to retouch panel and with soft brush put the Soft Reveal back to face. Adjusted the outline to a thin pencil and that's mostly it.

Here the same using GoghHD, however, during detail painting I used Forced Auto Brush and helped to bring out the edges and features of the portrait otherwise they would be too "random".

Nice !!!!

edited January 2018
    Bunyip02 said:

Another Alien render.

Lol, glad you spotted it. smiley (there's one somewhere on the Command Deck too . . .)

Found it !!!!!

Alien 4 Cripeman TopazSimplify.png
    1600 x 1000 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.