Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited February 2018

Pleasure Veronica - :)

Here's new Hivewire dog with custom puppy morph and dalmation textures - worked up in Topaz Inpression 

Untitled-2.jpg
    1880 x 1967 - 3M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Diomede said:

In the fighting pits of Vikbria, the Earthman Darsel decks Brash.

Bare Knucles without gloves - will not tickle !!!! Nice render.

Vyusur said:

The first image is Carrara NPR, the second one is Carrara native render and FotoScetcher post work.

Hello Vyusur

I like the Dragon morph combination in the first one, but like the effect achieved on the second render.

Nice work with your release of Darsel - hope it does well sale wise !!!!!

head wax said:

Here's new Hivewire dog with custom puppy morph and dalmation textures - worked up in Topaz Inpression 

Very cute !!!!

Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:

thank you, I went against my nature :)

Bunyip02 said:

Very cute !!!!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Bunyip, thank you very much!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited February 2018
    Vyusur said:

Your Brash rocks! Why don't you want to rig him in DS for more wide usage?

Thanks for the nice note on Brash.  I did make a Brash full body morph for a genesis figure.  That was when I learned how to adjust the default rigging for extreme proportion changes.  In a separate project, I am applying that lesson to create a melodramatic villain character for Genesis 8.  I really should just be making FBMs for the whole Brash project, but a part of me wants to model and rig all the figures in Carrara because I can.  Irrational, I know.  blush

Post edited by Diomede on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Rig on @Diomede you da man

Used Toon Pro in Carrara with post in PSE2018

Stezza said:

nice work, love that tongue, he's nearly as good as yours! (the dog you modelled, not your tongue)

edited February 2018
    Stezza said:

Looking good !!!!

edited February 2018

Kermit's cousin

Frog Scene 1 Topaz Impress 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    Bunyip02 said:

Kermit's cousin

looks like a wooden sculpture!

edited February 2018

mine for the day - combines photon render shadow pass and toonpro! and diffuse layer and toon111

interetsing carrara's native toon 111 without shadows and lines gives same results as the diffuse pass in this image 

crop-2.jpg
    2322 x 1070 - 1M
    head wax said:

mine for the day - combines photon render shadow pass and toonpro! and diffuse layer and toon111

interetsing carrara's native toon 111 without shadows and lines gives same results as the diffuse pass in this image 

Very demonesque. Interesting result with your method, I like how it still portrays the features.

edited February 2018

Odie at work.

Odie at Tree 1 TopazSimplify 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Stezza said:

Great NPR.  Love the drama in this render.

• Bunyip02 said:

Odie at work.

Hah!  Nice.  With all the mutts recently, I knew that someone would lift a leg eventually.  smiley

Thanks UB, a dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do !!!!

edited February 2018
    Bunyip02 said:

Odie at work.

Heh, :) I was visiting someone in a nursing home last Christmas and they hade a fake christmas tree set up in foyeur - and a stray dog wandered in and urinated on it - classic - would have been better if the dog had hit one of the electric lights tho

I like your dog and tree better tho

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2018
    head wax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Odie at work.

Heh, :) I was visiting someone in a nursing home last Christmas and they hade a fake christmas tree set up in foyeur - and a stray dog wandered in and urinated on it - classic - would have been better if the dog had hit one of the electric lights tho

Not a carrara render, obviously, but I have a dog and an advertising sign instead of a tree as the landing page on my site.  It is obviously a popular concept.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:
    head wax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Odie at work.

Not a carrara render, obviously, but I have a dog and an advertising sign instead of a tree as the landing page on my site.  It is obviously a popular concept.

heh, oh the joy of not being an inanimate object - though some would argue that isnt the case

there's many layers of meaning in that pic :)

here's a basic overview of layers by adobie

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/ps-layers-basics.html

edited February 2018

a formula one - I was looking for a seashell ...!

formula1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

It's not a seashell - but it looks mighty pretty!

PhilW said:

thanks PhilW :) forgot to say rendered with Fresnel thing from Shoestring Shaders in the glow channel and with caustics on

postwork in Nix collection, with Filter Forge and Photdonut

Chohole said:
    head wax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Odie at work.

Nice render and a nice site !!!!!

head wax said:

a formula one - I was looking for a seashell ...!

Very different and very interesting !!

• head wax said:
    PhilW said:

thanks PhilW :) forgot to say rendered with Fresnel thing from Shoestring Shaders in the glow channel and with caustics on

postwork in Nix collection, with Filter Forge and Photdonut

Oh, THAT look.  It's been done to death.

LOL!!!!

Looks fantastic, of course.

hey @Bunyip02 et @UB - thanks for that :) ! The Frnech site with formulas is very intyeresting but I donot seem to have the brain for it :)

I've started thinking about whether other plugins could be repurposed to give shadings or variable lines on images ? Note in the Anything Goos the parapgraph '

Edges determine which types of edges are highlighted. Perimeter edges are only one facet. Inner edges are creases. Outer edges are ridges. Shading Domains are edges that border a shading domain. The Degrees slide controls how sharp an edge needs to be before it is considered an inner or outer edge.

Advanced Edge Detection makes second pass on edges to look for edges that may not show in the first pass as shared edges. It has slow start up speed, but will help correctly identify edges that are not perfect matches. Render speed is unaffected.'

This one from Shoestring shaders says:

Coordinate Shift

Coordinate Shift allows you to re-map the objects local and/or global coordinates on a selective basis- either a straight offset (which is added to the coordinates of the object) or a reference mode, where the hotpoint of a specified object is used to offset the shaded point. HERE IS THE CATCH- The object gets shaded using the modified coordinates, but it also gets LIT using those coordinates- which can lead to some very strange effects, depending on how you are lighting the area. This may or may not be a problem for you. If you are using ambient or distant light, this effect will be lessened.

• Object Mode, Object to reference text box - In Object Mode, the hotpoint coordinates of the object named in the Object to reference box are subtracted from the coordinates of the point being shaded
    • Offset Mode - Shaded coordinates are shifted by a fixed offset.
    • Offset, X, Y, Z - Fixed offset to apply to shaded point in Offset Mode
    • Global and Local override axes X, Y, Z check boxes - If the box is checked, the specified axis will be offset. If no boxes are checked, the shader will do nothing.

and anything Goos says:

Size controls how far the line extends from an edge.

Use the Invert function to switch between white lines or black lines.

Space controls where the Size option is calculated, in Global or Local space.

Falloff determines how the line fades from white to black. There are several options including custom. Click the Custom Falloff button to edit the falloff when Falloff is set on Custom.

Use Min/Max to set alternate values instead of black and white.

Edges determine which types of edges are highlighted. Perimeter edges are only one facet. Inner edges are creases. Outer edges are ridges. Shading Domains are edges that border a shading domain. The Degrees slide controls how sharp an edge needs to be before it is considered an inner or outer edge.

Advanced Edge Detection makes second pass on edges to look for edges that may not show in the first pass as shared edges. It has slow start up speed, but will help correctly identify edges that are not perfect matches. Render speed is unaffected.

Use the Face Away Limit to help avoid bleed through by disregarding points with surface normals turned away from the edge.

Use the Noise sub shader to add randomness to the edge falloff.

• head wax said:

hey @Bunyip02 et @UB - thanks for that :) ! The Frnech site with formulas is very intyeresting but I donot seem to have the brain for it :)

French site?  I must have missed that.  Are there any tutorials anywhere about loading formulas in Carrara?  Are they just for backgrounds?

head wax said:

I've started thinking about whether other plugins could be repurposed to give shadings or variable lines on images ?

I've been going down that path for several weeks now, but using G'MIC. 

This discussion has been closed.