Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:

pleasure Vyusur , I've been using clothes made as dynamic meshes recently and some of them give good results, others seem to give lumpy tri-gons ...:(

thanks Bunyip, that's a great watercolour effect!

Thanks Headwax, I'm starting to explore different effects so should get some interesting results.

Another Dragon render from me.

the effects on the wings are terrific - it really brings out the ribbing

edited November 2017

here's one of mine from the present challenge

the post work is done in waterlogue then combined with a diffuse pass and a shadows pass in multiply mode (each layer tweaked for opacity)

then the holes waterlogue leaves were patched up by hand

Post edited by Headwax on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Amazing work, truly like an Old Master painting.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited July 2017

Continuing fantasy scenes by me

Zadacchiel 1 Topaz_FotoSketcher Oil.jpg
    2400 x 1800 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Bunyip02 said:

Beautiful!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Bunyip02 said:

Nice!  Thanks for posting the larger sized image. 

Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Beautiful!

Thanks Vyusur

Bunyip02 said:

Nice!  Thanks for posting the larger sized image. 

Thanks UB. Made this one fullsize so if someone wanted to see the detail they could.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Milennium Cat with my pigeon skeleton I made last night surprise

Stezza, brilliant work. The cat is adorable!

Great work - Wendy will probably love it!

edited July 2017
    Bunyip02 said:

terrific!  ironically I have been just studying Bouguereau and it reminds me of some of his work in passages. Gives that feeling of Hell.

Bunyip02 said:

edited July 2017
    Stezza said:

weell who ever knew pigeons had that strut on their breastbone as an anchor/ structural device, pivot point ? see what you learn - great hair on the kitty

edited July 2017
    PhilW said:

Amazing work, truly like an Old Master painting.

thanks PhilW, that's very kind.

So far I have done, or am in the process of finishing homages/misappropriations to/of : Dadaa poet Hugo Ball,  Manet/Goya, Caravaggio,  Giotto/, Fra Angelica, Balthus, Van Gogh, Bosch, Dore, Ensor, Goya, Hiroshige/Van Gogh , Mondrian, Hopper, Degas, Geoffrey Smart, Norman Lindsay, Norman Rockwell, Paula Rego, Arnold Bocklin, Stanley Spencer, Henry Fuseli , Van Eyck  and William Bouguereau. I need 26 works by early december around 72 by 50 cm. And as I finish one I realise that the ones I thought were good need to be done again! That's why I have been so quiet ;) Plus I am still looking for another three or four disturbing artists (think Goya, Balthus, Rego and Fuselli)

The VWD plugin has been a God-send as you can imagine.

head wax said:
    Stezza said:

weell who ever knew pigeons had that strut on their breastbone as an anchor/ structural device, pivot point ? see what you learn - great hair on the kitty

commonly known with the Aussie pigeon fanciers as the keel...

I finally got wings of despair to work in Carrara...

Modelled both pigeons except for the Wings of Despair

nice, maybe you should become a pa :) at least your stuff works in Carrara

edited July 2017

hahaha................ 

Problem sOlVeD... devil

Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza, I like your illustrations, particularly drawing style.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Headwax :)

Beautiful work,. Great characters ,.

have a look at Hans Holbein ,. (elder and younger)

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited July 2017
    head wax said:
    So far I have done, or am in the process of finishing homages/misappropriations to/of : Dadaa poet Hugo Ball,  Manet/Goya, Caravaggio,  Giotto/, Fra Angelica, Balthus, Van Gogh, Bosch, Dore, Ensor, Goya, Hiroshige/Van Gogh , Mondrian, Hopper, Degas, Geoffrey Smart, Norman Lindsay, Norman Rockwell, Paula Rego, Arnold Bocklin, Stanley Spencer, Henry Fuseli , Van Eyck  and William Bouguereau. I need 26 works by early december around 72 by 50 cm. And as I finish one I realise that the ones I thought were good need to be done again! That's why I have been so quiet ;) Plus I am still looking for another three or four disturbing artists (think Goya, Balthus, Rego and Fuselli)

Figured you were busy.  Still not sure how a working artist like yourself has time to post on the forum, but I'm grateful you are here.

Thanks for giving some details on your current work.  Very ambitious!  Will any of this be available online at some point?

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    Stezza said:

hahaha................ 

Problem sOlVeD... devil

amazing likenesses - Aunty Jack, Thin Arthur and Norman Gunston - those were the days, Can you do Donald Trump? You might get a gig with newsweek :)

3DAGE said:

Headwax :)

Beautiful work,. Great characters ,.

have a look at Hans Holbein ,. (elder and younger)

thanks Andy - I hadn't seen his woodblocks of death and the blindman till now - great choice.

head wax said:

Figured you were busy.  Still not sure how a working artist like yourself has time to post on the forum, but I'm grateful you are here.

Thanks for giving some details on your current work.  Very ambitious!  Will any of this be available online at some point?

Hya thanks UB :)

Oh it's ambitious but I am learning heaps by studying these artists. Its only skimming the surface as such - do you know Balthus' work for example?

He does confrontational images - but when you study them you realise he was really a master of design. He was just playing the game by being confrontational.

Luckily I received a call  from an online mag wanting an interview and a few images so I'll be banging my own drum when that comes out. I'll post a link here,

The Gallery will do some kind of promo, not sure what though as they have a few shows opening at the same time.

I'll post details of some of the images too :)

HW - sounds like a hugely ambitious project, so many great (and varied!) artists. Best of luck with it all, on the basis of what you have shown here, it will be wonderful.

edited July 2017
    PhilW said:

HW - sounds like a hugely ambitious project, so many great (and varied!) artists. Best of luck with it all, on the basis of what you have shown here, it will be wonderful.

thanks! I am having fun into the bargain!! presently doing a bunch of blindmen led by Death... VWD comes to the fore with medieval beggers in tattered clothes, and hangs rags on skeletons beautifully

mind you I just discovered that a bolero must sit on the outside ...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Incredible project.  Can't wait to see your progress.  Hope you keep us updated on your journey.   RE: tattered clothing - yes, VWD is a blessing for so many different kinds of scenes.

head wax said:
    PhilW said:

thanks! I am having fun into the bargain!! presently doing a bunch of blindmen led by Death... VWD comes to the fore with medieval beggers in tattered clothes, and hangs rags on skeletons beautifully

mind you I just discovered that a bolero must sit on the outside ...

edited July 2017

thanks Diomede :) My wife looks at me oddly when I enjoy watching cloth fall from the sky and drape itself around some weird looking grey figure :) Thankfully finished Death and The Blindman today - never knew Holbein had some many 'copiers'. 

I started a piece Dante_et_Virgile-William_Bouguereau - really interesting .

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Dante_et_Virgile_by_William_Bouguereau

warning bare backsides and pseudo erotic atmosphere - made mne explore Carrara's muscle maps and some displacement maps made supposedly for daz studio only

edited July 2017

Toon dimensions on head and limbs

V5 toon Topaz_FotoSketcher Watercolour 800.png
    800 x 600 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited July 2017

Sci-Fi scene

Alien Red 1 Topaz FiltForge Chinaware 800.png
    800 x 600 - 1M