There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 714

I was curious on how the different discount categories for featured artists were determined, so I did some poking around. Thought I'd share the dates in case anyone else was curious, too:

newest** item in:

"back catalog" - release date 2/19/08
    "legacy items" - release date 10/19/16
    "classic releases" - 11/2/21
    "recent releases" - 12/09/23
    "latest releases" - 1/09/2024

** with the caveat that these are the newest ones with a README that didn't 404.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,205

Thanks for the free gifts, DAZ!

Interesting... no weekend-long theme-sale announced. Wonder if there's something short-term and special planned? 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...no new Daz+ item either.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 325

Daz is braver than I expected. That Not Super Mario bundle may be close enough for Nintnendo lawyers to send a letter or few ^_^

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,152

Tomhip said:

Daz is braver than I expected. That Not Super Mario bundle may be close enough for Nintnendo lawyers to send a letter or few ^_^

I'm sure it's fine. If all the SW stuff is fine and that's Disney, this is nothing.

SilverGirl said:

Interesting... no weekend-long theme-sale announced. Wonder if there's something short-term and special planned? 

If we stare into the abyss swirling mists of the crystal ball, we see next sunday is the 30th. It's possible the Final Weekend will have a big wrap-up. It's also possible the sale will be extended into the first week of July, and it's likely there will be something excellent for the 4th of July (and maybe the weekend as well). Or perhaps I'm just pining for Daz days of old and nothing good will happen. Yet, St Patty's Day, the end of March Madness, and Easter leave me feeling... Optimistic! Magic 8 Ball says "Try again later."

Somebody must have been listening to what's said around here. Do notice the Daz+ for a Day items stayed at their regular $4.99/$3.99 w/ debut or still new item. That's progress! The https://www.daz3d.com/effigy-bundle found its way into my cart. I got some other stuff, and forgot some stuff, too. Perhaps I'll make one more order this weekend to correct my errors.

There is a very nice selection of Daz+ items, too. Too bad no byob specials this month, but newer items at nice discount with debut/still new item.

edited June 23

Leana said:

kyoto kid said:

..as I mentioned.

I don't bother with G9 humans. I have enough G3 and G8 ones to keep me busy for years to come.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    Torquinox said:

Somebody must have been listening to what's said around here. Do notice the Daz+ for a Day items stayed at their regular $4.99/$3.99 w/ debut or still new item. That's progress! The https://www.daz3d.com/effigy-bundle found its way into my cart. I got some other stuff, and forgot some stuff, too. Perhaps I'll make one more order this weekend to correct my errors.

Agreed - this is a pretty decent catch-up sale. All of the Still New releases going back to debut prices was helpful - being able to put the ones that I'd wanted into a single cart and apply the handful of tokens from Lianna made the difference. Thanks for the call-out on the Effigy bundle - I'd missed that one! The Bambie bundle is a good deal, too.

@doubledeviant That's excellent! Glad to help. smiley

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,272

kyoto kid said:

Leana said:

kyoto kid said:

..as I mentioned.

I don't bother with G9 humans. I have enough G3 and G8 ones to keep me busy for years to come.

"No new Daz+ item I fancy" is not the same as "No new Daz+ item">

Richard Haseltine said:

"No new Daz+ item I fancy" is not the same as "No new Daz+ item">

It's a lovely dress with a lot of natural-looking pleats. Kind of impressive, really. I usually go for outfits with more accessories. If I place another order, I'll probably get it. If not, it will have to wait. Meanwhile, I got the paid lace shaders and the apartment along with the props over the last few days - Nice offerings. The free lace shaders were also most welcome. One can turn modest clothing into skimpwear with the press of a button. laugh

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,633

doubledeviant said:

Torquinox said:

Agreed - this is a pretty decent catch-up sale. All of the Still New releases going back to debut prices was helpful - being able to put the ones that I'd wanted into a single cart and apply the handful of tokens from Lianna made the difference. Thanks for the call-out on the Effigy bundle - I'd missed that one! The
    Bambie bundle is a good deal, too.

Yes but yesterday was better than today because you could an extra 20% off your entire cart by adding an item from the "Welcome" atrtsts. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

I passed up the DAZ+ for a Day yesterday because they did not benefit from the extra 20% with a Welcome item, nor from Tokens. So today is focused on the full complement of D+faD, also to replenish the token count. Glad they are again $3.99 with a new item, but they still add up quick.

Charlie Judge said:

Yes but yesterday was better than today because you could an extra 20% off your entire cart by adding an item from the "Welcome" atrtsts. 

I did fine without that. angel 

NorthOf45 said:

I passed up the DAZ+ for a Day yesterday because they did not benefit from the extra 20% with a Welcome item, nor from Tokens. So today is focused on the full complement of D+faD, also to replenish the token count. Glad they are again $3.99 with a new item, but they still add up quick.

Same here. I got most of the and featured artist items that I wanted yesterday when I had the extra 20% and saved the DAZ+ For a Day items I wanted and a DAZ+ item (to trigger the $3.99 price)  for today.

...bugger, had a nice cart set up for using my PA Coupon bfore month's nd but when I applied it, it was rejected.  This is what I dislike about having to deal with "buy ins" to get good prices as they always are new releases (usually "Debut" and "Still New") which disqualifies them from the coupon  (the item I had, a Daz+ one which I  actually would use but is excluded).  So it's pay more than I planned to (as it's near the end of the month and finances are running low) or just not use the coupon and ditch the cart.

One would think, given the theme of this sale, an extra bonus would be given to Daz+ members across the entire store,  not just "Debut" or "Still New" items.

Interestingly, the DO coupon description says nothing about excluding new items just the PA one.

edited June 23

kyoto kid said:

...bugger, had a nice cart set up for using my PA Coupon bfore month's nd but when I applied it, it was rejected.  This is what I dislike about having to deal with "buy ins" to get good prices as they always are new releases (usually "Debut" and "Still New") which disqualifies them from the coupon  (the item I had, a Daz+ one which I  actually would use but is excluded).  So it's pay more than I planned to (as it's near the end of the month and finances are running low) or just not use the coupon and ditch the cart.

One would think, given the theme of this sale, an extra bonus would be given to Daz+ members across the entire store,  not just "Debut" or "Still New" items.

Interestingly, the DO coupon description says nothing about excluding new items just the PA one.

There is an extra discount for DAZ+ members on all DAZ Original items

The DO coupon doesn't exclude new items but it does exclude DAZ+ items. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

kyoto kid said:

Leana said:

kyoto kid said:

..as I mentioned.

With a converter you could use Genesis 9 clothing on your Genesis 8 figures. This one is currently in the DAZ+ For a Day $3.99/$4.99 items:  https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-9-to-genesis-8

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

i see no real bonus incentives today..the JUNETEENTH deal is gone. There is no extra off the cart, etc etc... this leaves the WL items that are discounted just out of my cutoff zone.... Has anyone seen any other discounting anywhere for today?  

• If you just heard something, it was probably me, yelling into the void again about the Daz Shop's inability to filter things.

(That, or The Void shouting "I know, right?" back at me.)

edited June 24

Charlie Judge said:

There is an extra discount for DAZ+ members on all DAZ Original items

The DO coupon doesn't exclude new items but it does exclude DAZ+ items. 

...I have more than enough DOs and often give up looking for ones I like or can/will use, I'm not into character bundles, or most DO characters unless they have something unique that works for what I call my "gene pool" I use to create my original characters.  Often times it is the last coupon I use and even missed using before month's end on occasion as I didn't find anything that stood out to me.

Charlie Judge said:

With a converter you could use Genesis 9 clothing on your Genesis 8 figures. This one is currently in the DAZ+ For a Day $3.99/$4.99 items:  https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-9-to-genesis-8

...I've had mixed results with these. Sometimes the work fine, other times they don't quite convert every part.  With G3F skirts I often end up with and odd triangle distortion in the middle (which required buying another utility to fix)   The odd part about this is G3 and G8 essentially use the same body mesh, The G8 facial mesh has a few extra bones for expressions but that shouldn't affect clothing fits (save for maybe a mask).

Going from G9 which has major differences compared to G2/3/8 I am admittedly a bit sceptical, particularly as 9 relies on geoshells and geomorphs for details that are part of the base mesh in previous generations.(and then there is the situation with hierarchical presets, like textures and morphs).

Post edited by kyoto kid on

New tile up with a 50% off code for a defined group of options. Usable 2x, expires Daz midnight.

Has anybody tried to use the MANIC-MONDAY coupon more than once to know whether or not it will work multiple times?

SilverGirl said:

New tile up with a 50% off code for a defined group of options. Usable 2x, expires Daz midnight.

Be careful with that coupon (XTRA-SAVINGS). A lot of the items in that selection are also in the selection for the MANIC-MONDAY coupon which gives a greater discoun. And it appears that the MANIC-MONDAY coupon can be used several times 

Charlie Judge said:

SilverGirl said:

Be careful with that coupon (XTRA-SAVINGS). A lot of the items in that selection are also in the selection for the MANIC-MONDAY coupon which gives a greater discoun. And it appears that the MANIC-MONDAY coupon can be used several times 

Not shocked. Neither one put anything on my wishlist in range, so a non-issue for me. Was hoping someone else might have better luck. 

...pretty lacklustre Tuesday.