There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

1424344454648»

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905
    edited September 16

Jumbotron said:

I wonder. Does this bundle actually include the environment, which as a standalone product is no longer available at the store? The environment is the only piece I'm really interested from the bundle.

It's still very clearly listed as being part of the bundle in several of the accompanying images, as well as listed in the included products, and an earlier thread on the subject stated that it was included as well [SOLVED]Is the "secluded living environment" still available anywhere? - Daz 3D Forums .  Honestly, it's a bit of a mystery as to why it's no longer sold as a stand-alone, really, unless someone decided that it was too similar to the cabin in Evil Dead... even though that was an existing location that wasn't created for the movie.     

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 82
    edited September 16

@Torquinox @daveso @Richard Haseltine @Cybersox

Thank you all for your replies. I'm gonna buy it.

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,152
    edited September 16

daveso said:

i bought it, but it appears the environment is no longer listed in the products? It does not show in the promo page, just the poses and outfit, but it says its there in the description.  

Did you check your product library? It's a separate line item. 

Post edited by Torquinox on
    edited September 16

@cybersox You could be right yet there is literally  https://www.daz3d.com/a-cabin-in-the-woods-bundle

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

i bought it, but it appears the environment is no longer listed in the products? It does not show in the promo page, just the poses and outfit, but it says its there in the description.  

yes, its in my library. There is no longer a link to the product page though.  

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 714
    edited September 16

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

Yeah, I got it during the i13 sale a couple months back and the environment is there.

Look in [library root folder]/environments/i13/Secluded Living 

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • I opened a ticket for that listing months ago after asking the same thing in the forums. I bought it based on the advice and the environment was included.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

SilverGirl said:

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

Yeah, I got it during the i13 sale a couple months back and the environment is there.

Look in [library root folder]/environments/i13/Secluded Living 

The environment (ie. the room, furniture and props) is definitely included in the bundle.

In general, if the product is not available (or not anymore) on it's own, the product page of the bundle does not have a thumbnail for that product, even when the product is included in the bundle.

daveso said:

That's the truth of it! enlightened

• Torquinox said:

daveso said:

That's the truth of it! enlightened

The product has been reactivated.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 610

I'm confused about the Lilflame extra 30% off store sale. Things that have been 55% and 65% off are still the same price. It looks like the extra 30% off is supposed to apply in the cart? I'm seeing 30% off for 30, and 30% off for golden ticket but not another 30% off for the Lilflame sale unless it's a new item in the cart, which only get one 30% discount. Is the sale not applying to older items or is one of the other 30% off discounts not applying. I can't tell.

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 129
    edited September 16

Robert Freise said:

Budget what's a budget?

devil

​It is a sort of small parrot I thinkwink

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Quasar said:

I'm confused about the Lilflame extra 30% off store sale. Things that have been 55% and 65% off are still the same price. It looks like the extra 30% off is supposed to apply in the cart? I'm seeing 30% off for 30, and 30% off for golden ticket but not another 30% off for the Lilflame sale unless it's a new item in the cart, which only get one 30% discount. Is the sale not applying to older items or is one of the other 30% off discounts not applying. I can't tell.

Waiting for a reply to this also, if Lilflame stuff is supposed to have another 30%, and that's how I read it also - 30 off for 30 for 30, 30 off for having the gold item thing, then 30 off for being the artist highlighted w the gold item thing. I don't see those dicounts either. Anyway, if that is supposed to happen then I hope they will fix it soon.  

Richard Haseltine said:

The product has been reactivated.

Excellent! :D 

• tombraider4ever said:

Quasar said:

Waiting for a reply to this also, if Lilflame stuff is supposed to have another 30%, and that's how I read it also - 30 off for 30 for 30, 30 off for having the gold item thing, then 30 off for being the artist highlighted w the gold item thing. I don't see those dicounts either. Anyway, if that is supposed to happen then I hope they will fix it soon.  

Do you own one of the othe two current Golden Ticket items?

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 690
    edited September 16

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

Quasar said:

If I have it in my cart, LilFlames golden ticket, it's supposed to work, right? says: owners or buyers, and it's in my cart. I get 30 off the sales price twice - NOT 3 times. Says: Owners or buyers, copy pasted directly from the sale page. This has happened before during this sale btw, that I don't get all the 30% off, but had no energy to bother with it. This time, w LilFlame, my fav artist, I want the corrrect discount. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 610

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

Quasar said:

Yes, I own the dForce FE Elegant Wave hair, but I also tried it with dForce Relaxed Party Outfit for Genesis 9 in the cart too.

• The point is that it is any current Golden Ticket item that earns the discounts, as I understand it - you don't get extra discounts for owning two or all three of them.

• The point, for me, is that 30% off discount is supposed to be applied 3 times on the sales price - 1st- 30 for 30 banner thing, then 30 for owning or buying one of the golden ticket things, then 30 for LilFlames store as she's the golden ticket artist. And I get 30 % off two times only. 

• tombraider4ever said:

The point, for me, is that 30% off discount is supposed to be applied 3 times on the sales price - 1st- 30 for 30 banner thing, then 30 for owning or buying one of the golden ticket things, then 30 for LilFlames store as she's the golden ticket artist. And I get 30 % off two times only. 

I might be wrong, but I don't think the 30 for 30 banner applies to the Headliner's store. It says it's for Featured Artist Stores, Debut New Releases, and Still New Releases.

• butterflyfish said:

tombraider4ever said:

The point, for me, is that 30% off discount is supposed to be applied 3 times on the sales price - 1st- 30 for 30 banner thing, then 30 for owning or buying one of the golden ticket things, then 30 for LilFlames store as she's the golden ticket artist. And I get 30 % off two times only. 

I might be wrong, but I don't think the 30 for 30 banner applies to the Headliner's store. It says it's for Featured Artist Stores, Debut New Releases, and Still New Releases.

Thanks for the reply, but LilFlame is among the featured artists stores. Look at the list under Featured artists store, the pick links. So should apply. Some clarification here would be needed from Daz, and less complicated sales. Should say, on the banner: NOT for the headline artist store, but it does not say this. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,091

It is stated that the golden ticket discount doesn't apply on headliners items:

Owners or buyers of any Golden Ticket get an extra 30% off*‡

‡Discount excludes Headliner Artists, and other Golden Ticket Items

• Elor said:

Thanks for the reply, so two 30% off is the max limit? 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

tombraider4ever said:

Elor said:

plus if you have any DAZ+ qualifying coupons or tokens.  

• daveso said:

tombraider4ever said:

Elor said:

plus if you have any DAZ+ qualifying coupons or tokens.  

Thank you so much for the reply, I had only 13% in tokens, but after my huge Lilflame stuff purchase laughjust now I have 6 tokens to use, so a bit more for future purchases.

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 79

Cybersox said:

rokkr said:

Cybersox said:

NotAnArtist said:

I'm amazed at Xivon's work. Never looked at his catalogue until now. Well done products with unique ideas.

How much longer does this sale last? I'm going to go broke from saving all this money. And I'm afraid the vendors might as well.

Their, not his.  No, that's not a pronouns thing, it's because Xivon is a company based in India, Xivon Interactive, with a staff of around 50 people.  They also do work for film and tv companies as well, so I suspect that at least part of what they sell here is partially recycled from that work.   

If it's a company, the pronoun is "it." If you're referring to the staff, the employees, the designers, etc., you can use "they," but a company is a singular legal entity, therefore, "it." It's a grammar thing.

Right, except the odds are that the company as a whole isn't responsible for all of each individual product, especially when you take into account that there are probably accountants and other busness-related types in the company who have nothing to do with any of the artistic aspects.  So, when I'm using "their" I'm refering to the handful of actual creative talents who worked on each individual item.  (And yes, that's a bit in opposition to the way that the credit-fest in the motion picture industry has become, where film closing credits are now overflowing with listings of not just every executive and banker who happens to be employed by the distributor, down through all of the accountants, lawyers, and union representatives, and ultimately wrapping with the individual names of the honeywagon drivers who move the trucks that transport the portable toilets, the "craft service" staff who put out candybars out for the crew on the snack table, and even children of the staff that happened to be born during the production.)       

Indeed, if you're talking about the designers, the pronoun is they. However, it all depends on how you construct your sentence. If you previously mentioned the company, the pronoun is it, for instance: "Xivon is an amazing company; its products are outstanding." If you mentioned the designers, it would be they: "The designers at Xivon are really skilled; they create outstanding products."

It's true that British English—as far as I know— twists this rule, treating singular nous referring to collective entities as plural, but—as far as I know again—the rule not only in American English (at least in its formal grammar) but all Indo-European languages is: if the noun is singular, so is the verb and pronoun that follows it.  This is true even when the singular noun refers to a group of people, such as the design team.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 325

Cannot complain too much about this sale, as some great items were offered, but.... things seem to have gotten a bit stale....

Think we are overdue for a flash sale or two, some new atists or some new G9 bundle :P

• Tomhip said:

Cannot complain too much about this sale, as some great items were offered, but.... things seem to have gotten a bit stale....

I think my wallet is a little grateful for that after I hit the ground running (spending) at the beginning of the month. 

(For me though I don't know if it's stale so much as I knocked off so much of the stuff I really needed, and the rest is too fresh to be affordable for me...)

edited September 18

I used both my coupons this month - sort of a victory. I could be convinced to spend a little more but few of the gold ticket items are really calling out to me and they have to coordinate with the right artist items. Can't tell you how many carts I loaded and dumped during this sale before finally deciding to buy.