There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,204

It's the store credit for some reason. We were talking about it in the reporting thread. Mine went through with my debit card, and someone else's went through with Paypal, but store credit isn't going through.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 293

butterflyfish said:

It's the store credit for some reason. We were talking about it in the reporting thread. Mine went through with my debit card, and someone else's went through with Paypal, but store credit isn't going through.

Thanks fo letting me know! I that was my first thought thinking i can't buy membership with store credit, but checked the membership description and it says i can. Why I'm not surprised that once again, something is not working properly in the DAZ Store. I got my gift card at 28% off, buying with my CC or paypal is not an option for me, not only will i "lose" the discount, but my currency is much weaker than the US dollar.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928
    edited June 2

...well the summer Daz+ sale off to a not so "sizzling" start so far.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

FYI to anyone considering US2 but hasn't pulled the trigger yet, I just bought it at the end of yesterday, and an experiment shows that mystery 20% off on a full price non-DO when I put it in my cart, so I'm guessing the coding for the 20% off post-US purchase got extended, even though I don't have anything for it in my notifications.

• kyoto kid said:

Agreed, as I posted elsewhere. I'd have to wait until Friday even if there was anything I wanted, unless the $6 DO coupon mostly covers it.

Now I didn't have any trouble using the May $6 PA coupon thanks to the end of May mega sale. Got several wishlisted pose sets for Dog 8 and other creatures for $3 or less each. Plus https://www.daz3d.com/tree-giant-bundle showed up in my LD & I paid $5.99 for a $54.95 bundle! (I couldn't resist as I am currently rereading The Lord of the Rings.) For those who like to know, the cart was just over $12, with mega sale discounts, LD discount (bundle only), Daz+ coupon, & 1 Token.

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

kyoto kid said:

Agreed, as I posted elsewhere. I'd have to wait until Friday even if there was anything I wanted, unless the $6 DO coupon mostly covers it.

Now I didn't have any trouble using the May $6 PA coupon thanks to the end of May mega sale. Got several wishlisted pose sets for Dog 8 and other creatures for $3 or less each. Plus https://www.daz3d.com/tree-giant-bundle showed up in my LD & I paid $5.99 for a $54.95 bundle! (I couldn't resist as I am currently rereading The Lord of the Rings.) For those who like to know, the cart was just over $12, with mega sale discounts, LD discount (bundle only), Daz+ coupon, & 1 Token.

Wow, I'm super envious of that tree bundle! That one's been sitting on my wishlist for ages because I don't really NEED anything in it, but it's so pretty... man if it showed up in my LD like that I would snap it up so fast!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,145

That's what I'm saying about Lightning Deals. Sometimes, they really shine! 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,311

Torquinox said:

That's what I'm saying about Lightning Deals. Sometimes, they really shine! 

I always check them on my way out the door when I have a cart to buy. You just never know what might be in there! 

...I've finally received a few that I actually liked and bought.  Most often its a either character or character bundle I'm not interested in, Gen 4 items, or textures for clothing I don't have.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626
    edited June 7

Love both the bunny bundle and the plant bundle released today but I'm waiting until Sunday to get them so the tokens will last later.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Well, I hurried up and made my purchase yesterday because DAZ said it was the last day of Booster Weekend. Now today I see that Booster weekend has been extended. Why am I not surprised ???

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited June 10

There was an anti-drug PSA on TV back in the 1980s in which a businessman paces a room, telling the audience that he does cocaine so he can work harder, so he can make more money, so he can buy more cocaine, so he can do more cocaine, so he can work harder, so...

Sometimes I am reminded of that commercial whenever I shop at the Daz stores.

"I buy more... so I can get more tokens and discounts... so I can buy more... so I can get more tokens and discounts..."

(edit: found it... thanks, YouTube!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGAVTwhsyOs

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
  • Blando Calrissian said:

There was an anti-drug PSA on TV back in the 1980s in which a businessman paces a room, telling the audience that he does cocaine so he can work harder, so he can make more money, so he can buy more cocaine, so he can do more cocaine, so he can work harder, so...

"I buy more... so I can get more tokens and discounts... so I can buy more... so I can get more tokens and discounts..."

I have definitely become conscious of moments when I spend more time thinking about buying art stuff than using art stuff, and then contemplate the underlying issue in that the whole point was to create art for a book I seemingly haven't had time to work on in years ... because I'm spending too much time buying art stuff to do illustrations that I don't have time to do ... 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997

Well, I hurried up and made my purchase yesterday because DAZ said it was the last day of Booster Weekend. Now today I see that Booster weekend has been extended. Why am I not surprised ???

The two items you mentioned before aren't under still new though, so if you had waited until today you would have missed the deal for the extra discount. Unless you had a different cart with newer items.

Blando Calrissian said:

Has the opposite effect on me. My budget's the same regardless: not high enough to amass useful amounts of tokens, so I wind up just wishlisting stuff and only making one purchase to use up my $18/$6 coupon, then using the tokens from that to get as close to $6 as possible to use up the other coupon. (And then maybe a couple other purchases if there's a particularly good deal, but those are rarely enough to even generate 1 token.)

But I'm betting it works well for Daz, or they wouldn't keep revisitng it.

Last month I did not use my $18/$6 coupon. I did use my $6 DO coupon. This month may end up the same. Too soon to tell.

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 128
    edited June 11

It doesn't look I will use either of mine this month.

I have lost count of how many tokens I have lost because there was nothing I wanted in the four days after I acquired them.

Torquinox said:

Last month I did not use my $18/$6 coupon. I did use my $6 DO coupon. This month may end up the same. Too soon to tell.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Etamin said:

I have lost count of how many tokens I have lost because there was nothing I wanted in the four days after I acquired them.

It would be nice if they'd change it to a week instead of four days... it seems like I see a lot of cases of folk trying to time their purchases based on when they think they might be able to use the tokens... Daz would probably make more money if they lessened that doubt that they'd wind up wasted. 

edited June 12

Blando Calrissian said:

...very appropriate.  

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I have definitely become conscious of moments when I spend more time thinking about buying art stuff than using art stuff, and then contemplate the underlying issue in that the whole point was to create art for a book I seemingly haven't had time to work on in years ... because I'm spending too much time buying art stuff to do illustrations that I don't have time to do ... 

...ditto. 

The Daz Store...It's not just shopping...It's an adventure. [Whether you wnat one or not]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

Blando Calrissian said:

yep, I remember those ads as well as the ones that they were frying an egg and say "This is your brain on drugs." I swear the Tokens are more of an addiction than the shopping is. Always trying to arrange how many your using so you have plenty for the next day in case a big figure release happens so you have full tokens.

• Worst Lightning Deal offer ever!

https://www.daz3d.com/nfp-starter-kit-01

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,640

kyoto kid said:

Blando Calrissian said:

...very appropriate.  

paulawp (marahzen) said:

...ditto. 

The Daz Store...It's not just shopping...It's an adventure. [Whether you wnat one or not]

I buy art for trailers and music videos. You do not need art to write books. I should bite my tongue and not say this but I can't. Relying on art to write a bookk is simply another form of procrastination. Even for comics and graphic novels, or picture books, we do not need the art to write the initial script. Typically writers write and then after it is written an illustrator comes into play. Creating art for an umwritten manuscript is like putting the cart before the horse. Write, wite and write some more, and when you are done writing your heart out, edit your draft before you put your characters in a box. They will take on a life of their own and may not end up looking like you initially  thought they would. Write first. Create the art later, after the draft/manuscript is edited. If you find a character here on Daz you love add it to an assets folder in your manuscript but do not marry it until the final edit, the polished version. Your characters deserve their own voice.

• ArtAngel said:

kyoto kid said:

Blando Calrissian said:

...very appropriate.  

paulawp (marahzen) said:

...ditto. 

I buy art for trailers and music videos. You do not need art to write books. I should bite my tongue and not say this but I can't. Relying on art to write a bookk is simply another form of procrastination. Even for comics and graphic novels, or picture books, we do not need the art to write the initial script. Typically writers write and then after it is written an illustrator comes into play. Creating art for an umwritten manuscript is like putting the cart before the horse. Write, wite and write some more, and when you are done writing your heart out, edit your draft before you put your characters in a box. They will take on a life of their own and may not end up looking like you initially  thought they would. Write first. Create the art later, after the draft/manuscript is edited. If you find a character here on Daz you love add it to an assets folder in your manuscript but do not marry it until the final edit, the polished version. Your characters deserve their own voice.

Just to clarify (and not to either derail the thread or dismiss your wise thoughts), I wandered into Dazland in 2021 seeking a way to do 3D versions of my 2D characters, which had been created by extensive tinkering in Artbreeder. At the time, I had around 400,000 words written on my story series and was looking for new personal inspiration in the form of complete scenes using my characters; these books are far too long to ever include any art. (And they'll never be published or seen by anyone else anyway, so I'm not worried at the utter unmarketability of a million-word story series.) The art was just for me. The initial discovery of Artbreeder itself the year before had helped usher in a period of manic creation on this story series in my thrill at finally being able to see characters that had existed on the page, in one form or another, for more than 30 years.

Hence my lamentation at letting the acquisition of art stuff supplant actual creation of art, which itself was only supposed to be private inspiration for writing, which has largely ground to a halt.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

These are great discounts. Yes, I had to buy stuff to get here, and overspent again, but I'm broke anyway. I jumped on the 9 rain full force now, so these deals are hard to pass by. Pretty unique some of them, especially the wasteland stuff. I have 8 tokens, bought 1 dzheng shoe deal which went in cart at $3 which gave 20% off the cart. Not sure where all the rest came from but the entire cart was 91% off. I like food items so had these 3 on my WL and grabbed them. 
    there are several bundles, so the savings are pretty dramatic. 

6-13 sales.jpg
    917 x 1003 - 494K
    6-13 sales-2.jpg
    937 x 1149 - 527K
    6-13 sales-3.jpg
    609 x 422 - 94K

I was a bit disappointed that we fgot a not-very-interesting bundle today instead of a character pro bundle today. Especially since we didn't get a Pro bundle last week either. I had saved up tokens fot it but now they jmay go to waste.

edited June 14

Vanishing Point is an interesting choice for Daz store. A lot of unmarked Star Trek fan art, some Poser stuff, some real world stuff, some weirdness. I like some of the models, even if the ones I like are older.

Weekend sale might be nice - There are a few items I missed the first time, but it will cost a little more. I'm hoping for sweeteners.

I don't know if this has been noted, you can't buy the same item more than once any more. The site gives a "this item can't be added to cart" notice and now routes to the item in your product library. I thnk that's a recent change. I don't think it did that at March Madness.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

I don't know if this has been noted, you can't buy the same item more than once any more. The site gives a "this item can't be added to cart" notice and now routes to the item in your product library. I thnk that's a recent change. I don't think it did that at March Madness.

I can still buy the same item twice by going to the product page and clicking on the red 'Purchased' button

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,378
    edited June 14

Charlie Judge said:

Torquinox said:

I can still buy the same item twice by going to the product page and clicking on the red 'Purchased' button

I just tried that with a random product and like Torquinox said I got a "Could not add requested item to cart" message, then got redirected to product library. It still works using the "cart" button from product lists though.

And yes that is a recent development.

Post edited by Leana on

Leana said:

Charlie Judge said:

Torquinox said:

I just tried that with a random product and like Torquinox said I got a "Could not add requested item to cart" message, then got redirected to product library. It still works using the "cart" button from product lists though.

And yes that is a recent development.

Hmm, I wonder if DAZ is doing A/B testing because I can still easily add my purchased items to my cart both from the product page and with the "cart" button. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

Torquinox said:

Vanishing Point is an interesting choice for Daz store. A lot of unmarked Star Trek fan art, some Poser stuff, some real world stuff, some weirdness. I like some of the models, even if the ones I like are older.

Weekend sale might be nice - There are a few items I missed the first time, but it will cost a little more. I'm hoping for sweeteners.

i'm really happy to see Vanishing Point here, they have some lovely houses and such that only need a little attention for more close-up rendering. And they do mention on almost every item store page that the models were originally designed for mid- to long distance renders, so one knows what one's getting. Prices are also more than fair. Got two wonderful derelict barns that had been on my Rendo WL for ages!