Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,275
    edited May 30

Malandar said:

doubledeviant said:

Malandar said:

joanna said:

UGH.

I really wish Daz would stop putting items with editorial addons into their DO pro bundles. Yes, the main items are not editorial, but it's often a matter of change of the texture color which personally makes me uneasy about using the main product as well and lowers the value of the bundle. I want nothing to do with anything that is "editorial" as it's too risky for me. Looks like Tabitha is going to be the third bundle which I'm going to pass on because of the editorial addons.

Which item is that? 

But, that's not part of any bundle... The base outfit is, but there is no editorial on that.

Yes. The point is that the base outfit looks pretty much exactly like its editorial add-on which makes it way too close for me to risk using it even if it's not marked as editorial itself.

Post edited by joanna on
  • JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 82
    edited May 30

I just saw this banner inside DIM. Unless I'm imagining things, the conditions have suffered an important change since yesterday. Then the offer was announced to be running till the end of this month. Now, it's been extended until June the 3rd. Nice change.

update.jpg
    1202 x 177 - 94K
    Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • MalandarMalandar Posts: 736

joanna said:

Malandar said:

doubledeviant said:

Malandar said:

joanna said:

UGH.

I really wish Daz would stop putting items with editorial addons into their DO pro bundles. Yes, the main items are not editorial, but it's often a matter of change of the texture color which personally makes me uneasy about using the main product as well and lowers the value of the bundle. I want nothing to do with anything that is "editorial" as it's too risky for me. Looks like Tabitha is going to be the third bundle which I'm going to pass on because of the editorial addons.

Which item is that? 

But, that's not part of any bundle... The base outfit is, but there is no editorial on that.

Yes. The point is that the base outfit looks pretty much exactly like its editorial add-on which makes it way too close for me to risk using it even if it's not marked as editorial itself.

That outfit is not completely unique, except for the bathrobe part it looks pretty generic to me  being different color and no house badges.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

i can only get tabitha to $78. that's a fast pass for me. 

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 326

joanna said:

Malandar said:

doubledeviant said:

Malandar said:

joanna said:

UGH.

Which item is that? 

I think the base outfit is usable in a variety of circumstances.  If you leave off the wizard robe it's a good private school uniform or regular clothing for the 1950s or early 1960s.  The robe could be used overtop a variety of other outfits and could easily be seen as academic instead of magical. No matter what the individual items actually look like, a wizard-y robe plus school uniform is going to be seen as "Harry Potter" but I think there's enough use for the outfit otherwise.  Obviously that's not the case for the texture add-on - that's really annoying because I'd love to have the different fabrics and colors without the identifying badges and tie color combinations.

daveso said:

i can only get tabitha to $78. that's a fast pass for me. 

I'm just going for the items I want so far I am looking at 40 bucks for 4 items plus USC2

Malandar said:

That outfit is not completely unique, except for the bathrobe part it looks pretty generic to me  being different color and no house badges.

I'd rather not to have to argue that in court and hope that the judge will agree. To me, if there's an editorial addon, it means that the item was made with the franchise in mind, then made "neutral" by changing textures. The other way round wouldn't work to produce such a strong likeness in the editorial object. 

Crescent said:

I think the base outfit is usable in a variety of circumstances.  If you leave off the wizard robe it's a good private school uniform or regular clothing for the 1950s or early 1960s.  The robe could be used overtop a variety of other outfits and could easily be seen as academic instead of magical. No matter what the individual items actually look like, a wizard-y robe plus school uniform is going to be seen as "Harry Potter" but I think there's enough use for the outfit otherwise.  Obviously that's not the case for the texture add-on - that's really annoying because I'd love to have the different fabrics and colors without the identifying badges and tie color combinations.

If I have to keep not of what I can use and what not, and how ("only in kitbashing", "only if I retexture it", and so on), it's a hard pass. Many of us keep away from anything editorial (or in my case: also editorial adjacent) for peace of mind reasons. If I don't buy the product, I don't have to worry all about that. If the product is a part of bundle, I will not buy the bundle, so I don't have it in my runtime (and thus have to keep track why it isn't installed or install it by accident).

I do stuff that can be very much deemed commercial if someone with enough money decides so, and I don't want the hassle and the risk. To give you a personal example: one print on demand site had my art piece taken down, because the name of the piece, not a common word, but definitely used in various contexts, happened to be also used by a big franchise, even though the piece was published way before they came up with their version and had nothing to do with it visually. (To give you an idea, it's as if you made a picture of a sniper aiming at something, titled it "Target", and the big market chain came after you.) To argue the decision would mean to involve lawyers (the print on demand place wanted to get all my details and just pass it to the other side, so they would decide whether to pursue legal action) which I can't afford.

To sum up, for that reason, if a product in a bundle has an editorial addon, it's a hard pass for me on the whole bundle, and I wish Daz stopped doing that. I understand that editorial items sell to fans and enthusiasts, and I understand that Daz has to make money, but I just wished they were truly kept separate, and not tacked onto the flagship bundles.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

Jumbotron said:

I just saw this banner inside DIM. Unless I'm imagining things, the conditions have suffered an important change since yesterday. Then the offer was announced to be running till the end of this month. Now, it's been extended until June the 3rd. Nice change.

My alert in the messages area of "My Account" still says May 31, so I'm not sure I'd trust it. It seems likely that Mr. Left Hand and Mr. Right Hand weren't communicating, and I somehow doubt they'd honor the longer one just because they advertised it, if the shorter one was the final decision.

(But if it's true, that WOULD be incredibly cool.)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

SilverGirl said:

Jumbotron said:

My alert in the messages area of "My Account" still says May 31, so I'm not sure I'd trust it. It seems likely that Mr. Left Hand and Mr. Right Hand weren't communicating, and I somehow doubt they'd honor the longer one just because they advertised it, if the shorter one was the final decision.

I believe there ar two offers - one for 20% off US2 for purchasers of US1 until 3rd June, and another for 20% off anything(?) until the end of the month for purchasers of US2.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626

Richard Haseltine said:

SilverGirl said:

Jumbotron said:

I believe there ar two offers - one for 20% off US2 for purchasers of US1 until 3rd June, and another for 20% off anything(?) until the end of the month for purchasers of US2.

Yes there are two offers BUT it is the one offer of 20% off US2 for purchasers of US1 that seems to have two different dates. May 31 is the expiration shown in my messages while 3 June is the date in DIM for that one offer.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 82
    edited May 30

@SilverGirl @Charlie Judge

You're right about the discrepancy on the dates between the DIM banner and the logged notification. Maybe a typo in the DIM banner?

EDIT: It seems that the offer has been extended after all. Now the message in my inbox looks like the attached screenshot. Good news. :)

Untitled.jpg
    1477 x 807 - 114K
    Post edited by Jumbotron on

joanna said:

Malandar said:

I'd rather not to have to argue that in court and hope that the judge will agree. To me, if there's an editorial addon, it means that the item was made with the franchise in mind, then made "neutral" by changing textures. The other way round wouldn't work to produce such a strong likeness in the editorial object. 

Crescent said:

If I have to keep not of what I can use and what not, and how ("only in kitbashing", "only if I retexture it", and so on), it's a hard pass. Many of us keep away from anything editorial (or in my case: also editorial adjacent) for peace of mind reasons. If I don't buy the product, I don't have to worry all about that. If the product is a part of bundle, I will not buy the bundle, so I don't have it in my runtime (and thus have to keep track why it isn't installed or install it by accident).

I do stuff that can be very much deemed commercial if someone with enough money decides so, and I don't want the hassle and the risk. To give you a personal example: one print on demand site had my art piece taken down, because the name of the piece, not a common word, but definitely used in various contexts, happened to be also used by a big franchise, even though the piece was published way before they came up with their version and had nothing to do with it visually. (To give you an idea, it's as if you made a picture of a sniper aiming at something, titled it "Target", and the big market chain came after you.) To argue the decision would mean to involve lawyers (the print on demand place wanted to get all my details and just pass it to the other side, so they would decide whether to pursue legal action) which I can't afford.

To sum up, for that reason, if a product in a bundle has an editorial addon, it's a hard pass for me on the whole bundle, and I wish Daz stopped doing that. I understand that editorial items sell to fans and enthusiasts, and I understand that Daz has to make money, but I just wished they were truly kept separate, and not tacked onto the flagship bundles.

Fair enough I guess. If something like that happened to me I would be like Look this image was up before you started using that so just leave me alone.

Malandar said:

Fair enough I guess. If something like that happened to me I would be like Look this image was up before you started using that so just leave me alone.

Yeah, but the automated system didn't allow me to go "Look, this image...". If I wanted to contest the decision, it asked for my personal details to be passed to the franchise's lawyers. And yes, any court would probably side with me, but if you go against someone who pays lawyers monthly more than all that you own, it's quite a risk to take—they can swimply win by stalling until I run out of money. At least I had a choice to not to pursue it vs. being visited by said lawyers and having no other choice.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,145

Unless something unexpected happens, it looks like my Daz+ PA coupon is going to expire. That's not thrilling. >_>

Torquinox said:

Unless something unexpected happens, it looks like my Daz+ PA coupon is going to expire. That's not thrilling. >_>

It currently doesn't work anyway. I tried to use it myself here a minute ago and it gives  me coupon code not valid and I HAVEN'T used it yet this month.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

Pulled the trigger on UltraScenery 2. Didn't get a reward banner but putting something with no discounts listed in the cart, it gets a 20% discount (even GC's)

edited May 31

PerttiA said:

Pulled the trigger on UltraScenery 2. Didn't get a reward banner but putting something with no discounts listed in the cart, it gets a 20% discount (even GC's)

Oh no... My wallet just jumped out of my pocket and started running in complete panic... 

GC.PNG
    578 x 105 - 7K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 323

I really WISH they would stop with the nonstacking Wishlist discount nonsence... now I have to unwishlist tons of bundles so I can calculate actual prices for stacking bundle-50 with deal.... just makes me not want to buy anything.

Tomhip said:

I really WISH they would stop with the nonstacking Wishlist discount nonsence... now I have to unwishlist tons of bundles so I can calculate actual prices for stacking bundle-50 with deal.... just makes me not want to buy anything.

I agree. Give us Extra 30% off instead.

The non-stacking 70% off is completely useless when one is a Daz+ member and even more so if one has some tokens to use.
    There is a non-stacking 70% off selection available all the time in "FastGrab sale", but I don't remember ever buying anything from there.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

Tomhip said:

Isn't it easier to not add an item triggering the fixed discount ?

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

Oh no... My wallet just jumped out of my pocket and started running in complete panic... 

The heck did you stack to manage THAT one???

SilverGirl said:

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

The heck did you stack to manage THAT one???

Three “Extraterrestrial” New Releases in the cart will give 20% off the whole cart (GC's not excluded) and having bought UltraScenery 2 gives Extra 20% (GC's not excluded)

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 331

Elor said:

Tomhip said:

It's a pain when you've built a cart based on previous days with loads of wishlist items. I wasn't going to pull the trigger on that cart, but with today's offers I may. Except now I have to go through each inidividual item in my cart on my wishlist and unwishlist it. An extra inconvenience for sure!

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 323
    edited May 31

Elor said:

Tomhip said:

Not when that item triggers an actual discount I want on whole basket

"Extraterrestrial" Banner:

extra 20% off* your entire order with three or more 

Get 70% off* up to five items from your wishlist with any "Extraterrestrial" New Release

Post edited by Tomhip on

Regarding the various discounts, I wish there was a functionality in the cart with a button for "Apply [Discount X/Y/Z] - Y/N?" Or similar.

Given how many sales go live and don't work right, I imagine having it would be an absolute cluster as far as accurate coding... still, it would be nice.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,154

Malandar said:

Torquinox said:

It currently doesn't work anyway. I tried to use it myself here a minute ago and it gives  me coupon code not valid and I HAVEN'T used it yet this month.

Make sure there isn't a space at the end. When I copy/paste from my account page it usually have a blank space after the letters and that causes "coupon not valid" response at the cart.

edited May 31

My cart appears to have updated such that:

• An item will trigger the non-stacking 70% off wishlist sale
    • But other stacking discounts will bring it lower
    • The larger discount appears to be the one that sticks

Don't know if others are seeing that too, but I, for one, am glad if this is what is now happening yes

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on

ainm.sloinneadh said:

My cart appears to have updated such that:

• An item will trigger the non-stacking 70% off wishlist sale
    • But other stacking discounts will bring it lower
    • The larger discount appears to be the one that sticks

Don't know if others are seeing that too, but I, for one, am glad if this is what is now happening yes

Ah - looks like the 70% off is now activated with a code. That'll be why.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    edited June 1
    Lame for the doorbuster to be an item many have previously purchased. I have all of KP's ships and vehicles in my library already. Hopefully she got a good payday from Daz at least, as the Warhawke Gunship is now a Daz Original, along with Storm Riders Airship.

I do wish Daz hadn't removed her name from the products - we can no longer use the store for a quick overview of her products, and new fans of her work won't be able to find these two ships as easily in the future.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 293

Hi all,

I have two items in my cart, https://www.daz3d.com/svms-3-in-1-swimwear-set-for-genesis-9-81-and-8 product, along with a DAZ+ membership. They're are 51% and 60% off, respectively. I'm paying with store credit but is not letting finalise the purchase. When I process the order I get the  "There was an error processing this request."

Any idea what's is going on?

Cheers