There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

daveso said:

So that would mean, as a DAZ+ member, the USC2 is 51% off @ $31.84. Then another 44% off or is it 44% off instead of 30? so instead of 51 it would be maybe 60% or something. I have a difficult time with these discounts.

Usually, with this kind of offer, the cart will take into account the highest discount allowed by what you put in it.

In your case, it mean you'll have first the 30 % Daz+ discount on Daz Originals, then the 44% discount due to putting at least two eligible New Releases and the maths will be [base price] x (1-0.3) x (1-0,44) which is a bit less than $25.5 before taking into account your other discounts (which is what I'm seeing). Your 20% discount because you bought USC1 should get USC2 price around $20.4.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

daveso said:

I'm not sure but I'm maybe not getting full discount on Ultrascenery 2, or don;t understand banner sales for the new products. Does  the Landscape new releases mean we ge get 44% off Ultracenery 2 if we buy 2 "landscape" new releases? 

“Landscape” New Releases

30% off one
    44% off* two or more plus an extra 30% off*‡ Featured Artist Store
    So that would mean, as a DAZ+ member, the USC2 is 51% off @ $31.84. Then another 44% off or is it 44% off instead of 30? so instead of 51 it would be maybe 60% or something. I have a difficult time with these discounts.

The 51% includes the 30% intro (and 30% Daz+ - 70% of 70% is 49%, which is 51% off). with two you get 44% off instead of 30% for the intro, so you would be left paying 56% of 70% - about 39% of base, 61% off.

So right now I have a banner for 20% off USC2, this offer with 2 Landscape products in cart for whatever the discount really is, and 6 tokens at 30% off. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

daveso said:

I'm not sure but I'm maybe not getting full discount on Ultrascenery 2, or don;t understand banner sales for the new products. Does  the Landscape new releases mean we ge get 44% off Ultracenery 2 if we buy 2 "landscape" new releases? 

“Landscape” New Releases

30% off one
    44% off* two or more plus an extra 30% off*‡ Featured Artist Store

So right now I have a banner for 20% off USC2, this offer with 2 Landscape products in cart for whatever the discount really is, and 6 tokens at 30% off. 

At the moment. I have USC2 at $11.21 (with 8 tokens)

Base price = $64.99
    Daz+ member (30% off) = $45.49
    The "44% off* two or more" means one has to have one more “Landscape” New Release in the cart, in addition to USC2 = $25.48
    The banner for Extra 20% off = $20.38
    8 tokens for 45% off = $11.21

Three "Pirate" New Releases in the cart would give yet another 15% off, but I already bought the ones I even remotely liked and the rest are too expensive to be bought "just for the fun of it"
    If one did have those three in the cart, USC2 would go down to $9.53

• tbok1992tbok1992 Posts: 2

Question, what's the product they're displaying on the Flashback Artists Flash Sale thumbnail? It looks really cool, but I can't really find it in the archives of said sale...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

thanks all for the DAZ math explanation laugh  I'm down to $14.27 so I'm very happy with that. I added a couple of other items with all the discounting going on but kicked them out and will sttle for two landscaping items . My main interest was USC2 anyway and I've spent way more this month than I ever imagined. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,275

tbok1992 said:

Question, what's the product they're displaying on the Flashback Artists Flash Sale thumbnail? It looks really cool, but I can't really find it in the archives of said sale...

It's Cyber Dreams. I have it and find it eh-ok-ish. 

daveso said:

thanks all for the DAZ math explanation laugh  I'm down to $14.27 so I'm very happy with that. I added a couple of other items with all the discounting going on but kicked them out and will sttle for two landscaping items . My main interest was USC2 anyway and I've spent way more this month than I ever imagined. 

Don't miss the non-stacking 70% off for the other new items you may have in the cart (USC2 is excluded)

• PaperMoonPaperMoon Posts: 45

Managed to get USC2 down to $8.27 by also adding USC2 Comprehensive Guide for $10.21, 6 tokens, and Daz+ monthly coupon.  

i see that i pulled the trigger by a few minutes. Now there is another 20% off for entire order. This is good until the end of the month. I would have been another 4.50 off, not a lot but every buck counts nowadays. I guess I need to put in a ticket to see what happens. 

edited May 29

daveso said:

i see that i pulled the trigger by a few minutes. Now there is another 20% off for entire order.

Where? 

I usually don't pull the trigger until after 6PM Daztime, because 1) the validity of earned tokens gets extended to 5 days and 2) there's often some additional offers between mid day and 4PM Daztime.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626

daveso said:

i see that i pulled the trigger by a few minutes. Now there is another 20% off for entire order. This is good until the end of the month. I would have been another 4.50 off, not a lot but every buck counts nowadays. I guess I need to put in a ticket to see what happens. 

Where??? I'm not seeing any extra discounts that weren't available earlier in the day. 

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

i see that i pulled the trigger by a few minutes. Now there is another 20% off for entire order.

Where? 

I usually don't pull the trigger until after 6PM Daztime, because 1) the validity of earned tokens gets extended to 5 days and 2) there's often some additional offers between mid day and 4PM Daztime.

oh..i misread. I got it becasue I own USC2, so its a reward for buying it. That's cool for sure.  

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

Where? 

oh..i misread. I got it becasue I own USC2, so its a reward for buying it. That's cool for sure.  

Interesting! Has this happened for anyone else yet? I might reconsider putting the purchase off till tomorrow then. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997

I just had that notification show up, yes. It says an extra 20% off until the end of the month. I had USC1 already so not sure if that had anything to do with it, but the message just says it's for owning USC2.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,311

tsroemi said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

Where? 

Interesting! Has this happened for anyone else yet? I might reconsider putting the purchase off till tomorrow then. 

Yes, I seem to have gotten that. I bought USC2 earlier today and this has since popped up. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    Anyone getting better than $36.88 for Tabitha 9 Pro Bundle? Two other "Magic" new releases, three "Pirate" new releases, and eight tokens. Not much of a discount considering the cost of the additional items and the lack of good bonus items/discounts for buying. The Zahara deals were much, much better.

doubledeviant said:

Anyone getting better than $36.88 for Tabitha 9 Pro Bundle? Two other "Magic" new releases, three "Pirate" new releases, and eight tokens. Not much of a discount considering the cost of the additional items and the lack of good bonus items/discounts for buying. The Zahara deals were much, much better.

Have you bought UltraScenery2?
    Apparently one is rewarded with extra 20% off coupon afterwards. 

I sat on my cart over Daz midnight because I didn't want to pull the trigger on wednesday (=earned tokens expiring at the end of Monday)

PerttiA said:

doubledeviant said:

Have you bought UltraScenery2?
    Apparently one is rewarded with extra 20% off coupon afterwards. 

I sat on my cart over Daz midnight because I didn't want to pull the trigger on wednesday (=earned tokens expiring at the end of Monday)

No, I'm sitting on my US2 cart, too. It would be helpful to have details about the banner/coupon/whatever for buying US2 from those who received it. What does it apply to? Does it work on Tabitha?
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,430

20% off all orders this month. That means Thursday and Friday. No code needed. No restrictions mentioned.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 249

Where can I find Information for that 20%?

Joe2018 said:

Where can I find Information for that 20%?

According to what other users say, you'll get a pop up banner for it once you buy Ultra Scennery 2. That is assuming that everybody who buys it gets it. No guarantees. 

UGH.

I really wish Daz would stop putting items with editorial addons into their DO pro bundles. Yes, the main items are not editorial, but it's often a matter of change of the texture color which personally makes me uneasy about using the main product as well and lowers the value of the bundle. I want nothing to do with anything that is "editorial" as it's too risky for me. Looks like Tabitha is going to be the third bundle which I'm going to pass on because of the editorial addons.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 323

Bought US2 now and did not see any new discount appearing so far so might be gone now.

edited May 30
    Tomhip said:

Bought US2 now and did not see any new discount appearing so far so might be gone now.

Try adding something to your cart - sometimes banners are delayed despite their discounts already being active.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

doubledeviant said:

Tomhip said:

Try adding something to your cart - sometimes banners are delayed despite their discounts already being active.

Also check the messages section, if you haven't. I never did get a discount banner for owning US1, but it's in my messages section.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 323

SilverGirl said:

doubledeviant said:

Tomhip said:

Also check the messages section, if you haven't. I never did get a discount banner for owning US1, but it's in my messages section.

No message and no banner, but I did try to put some full priced items in my cart and they seem to be getting -20% off out of somewhere.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 736

joanna said:

UGH.

I really wish Daz would stop putting items with editorial addons into their DO pro bundles. Yes, the main items are not editorial, but it's often a matter of change of the texture color which personally makes me uneasy about using the main product as well and lowers the value of the bundle. I want nothing to do with anything that is "editorial" as it's too risky for me. Looks like Tabitha is going to be the third bundle which I'm going to pass on because of the editorial addons.

Which item is that? 

Malandar said:

joanna said:

UGH.

Which item is that? 

AH dForce Magical Wizard Outfit Texture Add-on
  • MalandarMalandar Posts: 736

doubledeviant said:

Malandar said:

joanna said:

UGH.

Which item is that? 

But, that's not part of any bundle... The base outfit is, but there is no editorial on that.

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 502

joanna said:

UGH.

Me too