There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 117

I love how you get the first and second half of a weekend sale, implying completion since a weekend is two days and therefore only has two halves, the second half being the final... and then there's the final day sale for the weekend on a Monday.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905
    edited May 27

protosynthetic said:

I love how you get the first and second half of a weekend sale, implying completion since a weekend is two days and therefore only has two halves, the second half being the final... and then there's the final day sale for the weekend on a Monday.

Are you only just now noticing that the people doing the ads for DAZ seem to be fundamentally incapable of using the English language in a manner that accurately conveys their intentions?       

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

Gift cards 28% off today with any "Entire" New Release

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

PerttiA said:

I didn't notice the gift card offer yesterday but saw it today. Cart ready to go. Thanks DAZ! 

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106

PerttiA said:

Nice offer, Gift Card purchased!!!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

protosynthetic said:

It's because it's a holiday weekend, so here in the states it's considered a long weekend when the holiday is on Fri or Mon

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,864

Cybersox said:

protosynthetic said:

Are you only just now noticing that the people doing the ads for DAZ seem to be fundamentally incapable of using the English language in a manner that accurately conveys their intentions?       

There's a word for that. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

xyer0 said:

Cybersox said:

protosynthetic said:

There's a word for that. 

We got the first half on Saturday and the second on Sunday, I don't see anything precluding getting the combination on Monday.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 331

Richard Haseltine said:

xyer0 said:

Cybersox said:

protosynthetic said:

There's a word for that. 

We got the first half on Saturday and the second on Sunday, I don't see anything precluding getting the combination on Monday.

Apart from the banner text, maybe.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Richard Haseltine said:

xyer0 said:

Cybersox said:

protosynthetic said:

There's a word for that. 

Oops, reported that - thank you.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Maybe the marketing person just saw the fraction sequence from Marius ?

Sorry, I wasn't able to find in English, but in this sequence one character explain to the other how to make a drink, starting with a third of this, then a third of that, ending with four thirds in one glass (filed at best at two third of its height), which is of course impossible laugh

So, one half of the store discounted saturday, one half discounted sunday and today, a very big half including both previous halves discounted today blushangel

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

I do think there needed to be some fine print, too, since the entire store isn't on sale as advertised. Yes, you and I know that there's a no fly period after things go off the new release discount, but not everyone does. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,864
    edited May 28

Elor said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Maybe the marketing person just saw the fraction sequence from Marius ?

Sorry, I wasn't able to find in English, but in this sequence one character explain to the other how to make a drink, starting with a third of this, then a third of that, ending with four thirds in one glass (filed at best at two third of its height), which is of course impossible laugh

So, one half of the store discounted saturday, one half discounted sunday and today, a very big half including both previous halves discounted today blushangel

Merci! That was a joke that I was going to attempt to make, but my wording lacked the necessary concision for wit; nor did I have an allusion to a work of art illustrating it. 

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • The flash sale with 30% off TRES-TUES code is only giving me around 10% or less discount on any single item I put in the basket. Why do I NEVER receive the advertized discount on these things? Is it that they neglect to add 'potentially up to whatever% off (but actually never anywhere close hehe)'? Or do you only ever get the full advertized discount on things that are currently full-priced and don't already have any discount on them? Please. I know I'm not that clever, but the entire time I've been here I've seen what can only be described as false advertizing. There's surely something missing in the small print...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

britscriptwriter said:

The flash sale with 30% off TRES-TUES code is only giving me around 10% or less discount on any single item I put in the basket. Why do I NEVER receive the advertized discount on these things? Is it that they neglect to add 'potentially up to whatever% off (but actually never anywhere close hehe)'? Or do you only ever get the full advertized discount on things that are currently full-priced and don't already have any discount on them? Please. I know I'm not that clever, but the entire time I've been here I've seen what can only be described as false advertizing. There's surely something missing in the small print...

TRES-TUES (and other such %off codes) only give you that %off of what ever price remains after other discounts are taken off. If an item is already 50% off when you add it to your cart, an extra 30% off is 30% off that half price, which is equivalent to 15% off of the full retail price. The %off don't add together, they multiply together.

• barbult said:

britscriptwriter said:

The flash sale with 30% off TRES-TUES code is only giving me around 10% or less discount on any single item I put in the basket. Why do I NEVER receive the advertized discount on these things? Is it that they neglect to add 'potentially up to whatever% off (but actually never anywhere close hehe)'? Or do you only ever get the full advertized discount on things that are currently full-priced and don't already have any discount on them? Please. I know I'm not that clever, but the entire time I've been here I've seen what can only be described as false advertizing. There's surely something missing in the small print...

TRES-TUES (and other such %off codes) only give you that %off of what ever price remains after other discounts are taken off. If an item is already 50% off when you add it to your cart, an extra 30% off is 30% off that half price, which is equivalent to 15% off of the full retail price. The %off don't add together, they multiply together.

Okay, I think I can get my head around that. I wish I'd said something a lot earlier and it would've saved me some frustration. Thank you very much for your explanation :) 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 323

Looks like 30% Off code works on GIFTCARDS!

• Tomhip said:

Looks like 30% Off code works on GIFTCARDS!

I just came back to post that. It does! :)
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,487

I would definitely be going for this if I hadn't just bought a big one at 28% off yesterday.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,311

This TRES-TUES sale is actually working out better for me than anything over the weekend, I think. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,145

Thanks for the headsup. It'd be a shame to let that go to waste.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,145
    edited May 29

A Lightning Deal with my Daz+ coupon got me a newer item off my WL for a piddly 15 cents. I suppose, from a certain point of view, I should have held out for something bigger. But no. I can't predict these things. Besides, I recharged my store credit, I still have my PA coupon, and I like what I got. Cheers to all that!

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    UltraScenery 2 is here. Compatibility with previous UltraScenery content is quite cool and sells me on trying the new version.

The discount for those who have the previous version shows an expiration of May 31 23:59, so I think it's probably best to wait and see if Thursday or Friday brings an interesting bundle or sale rather than blow tokens and buy-in discounts today, but if anyone grabs it early, I'd be curious to see some user thoughts and reviews.

murgatroyd314 said:

I would definitely be going for this if I hadn't just bought a big one at 28% off yesterday.

Same, and there wouldn't have been time to get a new prepaid Mastercard for it anyway (the offer came when I was already asleep)

There was one thing that I forgot to check though... Annual Daz+ membership crying
    It may have been quite cheap. 

doubledeviant said:

UltraScenery 2 is here. Compatibility with previous UltraScenery content is quite cool and sells me on trying the new version.

The discount for those who have the previous version shows an expiration of May 31 23:59, so I think it's probably best to wait and see if Thursday or Friday brings an interesting bundle or sale rather than blow tokens and buy-in discounts today, but if anyone grabs it early, I'd be curious to see some user thoughts and reviews.

The product thread will be busy. Come visit us over there.

UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial] - Page 19 - Daz 3D Forums

PerttiA said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Same, and there wouldn't have been time to get a new prepaid Mastercard for it anyway (the offer came when I was already asleep)

There was one thing that I forgot to check though... Annual Daz+ membership crying
    It may have been quite cheap. 

Ack! I didn't even think of that when I was buying - well, everything else in the store. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,430

Heads-up: The STORE-WIDE coupon will take a non-stacking 70% off the first three items in the cart, since it applies to any store item (other than Ultrascenery 2), and will override any other stacking discounts, like Featured Artist Stores, the new LowPoly product, and Tokens... I can get 79% off some items with little effort.

NorthOf45 said:

Heads-up: The STORE-WIDE coupon will take a non-stacking 70% off the first three items in the cart, 

A non-stacking 70% off is good for new releases in other promos (which may trigger other discounts)
    For older items, 70% off is nothing if one is a Daz+ member and has tokens to use. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

I'm not sure but I'm maybe not getting full discount on Ultrascenery 2, or don;t understand banner sales for the new products. Does  the Landscape new releases mean we ge get 44% off Ultracenery 2 if we buy 2 "landscape" new releases? 

“Landscape” New Releases

30% off one
    44% off* two or more plus an extra 30% off*‡ Featured Artist Store
    So that would mean, as a DAZ+ member, the USC2 is 51% off @ $31.84. Then another 44% off or is it 44% off instead of 30? so instead of 51 it would be maybe 60% or something. I have a difficult time with these discounts. 

So right now I have a banner for 20% off USC2, this offer with 2 Landscape products in cart for whatever the discount really is, and 6 tokens at 30% off. 

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

PerttiA said:

NorthOf45 said:

Heads-up: The STORE-WIDE coupon will take a non-stacking 70% off the first three items in the cart, 

A non-stacking 70% off is good for new releases in other promos (which may trigger other discounts)
    For older items, 70% off is nothing if one is a Daz+ member and has tokens to use. 

That's a great idea. I think I'll wait until tomorrow's new items to see if I want to use it. Right now there is only 1 item I want to use it on and it totally messes up cart on other items.. Thursday is usually a good new item day, so if it still works, that might be good. I have zero tokens, so it's kind of nice for some new items in my case.