There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,430
    edited May 25

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I bought https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mrb-outfit-for-genesis-8-female on a Lightning Deal a few days ago but am returning it due to textures not applying. Sometimes I get an error popup; other times it just stays white in render. I searched for forum posts and found out it has other problems.

I checked out the previous threads, and it seems there was never a definitive answer. I have added my comments to the last thread on the subject of difficulties applying the materials: Can't apply material to specific Wardrobe items

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

Today is the first half of the Memorial Day Weekend sale... given that the weekend is three days long, I'm curious as to when the second half will be. Tomorrow? Monday?

Nothing hit the threshold for me today. Maybe the other half will pan out better. If not... summer sale's coming, and I've got my fingers crossed for that one.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

The Extra 20% off the cart with a "First Half" New Release, took the cart I have been holding on for 2 days, over my self imposed discount threshold.
    Also the Zahara Pro bundle came down to $17.74 with all the stacking discounts and 8 tokens.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928

...ah, the balance alert I have set on my bank account triggered earlier today after a run to the grocery market so no Daz shopping until next Saturday as I have an "auto-pay" bill still pending.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

every once in awhile I cannot help myself ... with todays 20% off the cart with purchase of "First Half" new item, and the existing sales for Zahara 9, Zahara Pro Bundle is at $17.17 in my cart. I threw in the 4 latest DAZ+ items and then decided to throw in 2 of the DAZ+ 60% off products as well, all stuff not needed but the price dropped way low. $6.72 for all 6 of them. You can also choose 3 products from each of 3 categories for FREE !!.I also have 2 from my wishlist at 83% off. I do have 8 tokens, which expire today, as well as my DAZ+ DO coupon applied. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,311

i already had a good cart based on the zahara bundle but that 20% in today's sale will definitely prompt a buy today.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626

Virtually cleared out my wishlist with today's sales. Only two items left.  I won't know what to buy for part 2 of the Memorial Day Sale. I guess just save my pennies and hope for some good $1.99 items in the upcoming DAZ+ sale.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,487

daveso said:

every once in awhile I cannot help myself ... with todays 20% off the cart with purchase of "First Half" new item, and the existing sales for Zahara 9, Zahara Pro Bundle is at $17.17 in my cart. I threw in the 4 latest DAZ+ items and then decided to throw in 2 of the DAZ+ 60% off products as well, all stuff not needed but the price dropped way low. $6.72 for all 6 of them. You can also choose 3 products from each of 3 categories for FREE !!.I also have 2 from my wishlist at 83% off. I do have 8 tokens, which expire today, as well as my DAZ+ DO coupon applied. 

How did you get it that low? Stacking every sale I can find, I've got it down to $29.58. Even the Daz+ coupon only accounts for about half of the difference.

edited May 26

murgatroyd314 said:

daveso said:

How did you get it that low? Stacking every sale I can find, I've got it down to $29.58. Even the Daz+ coupon only accounts for about half of the difference.

I got it down to $12.73 with 2 new releases from the Jungle sale, a new release from today's sale, two addons, two items from today's featured artists, 8 tokens and the DAZ+ coupon for DOs.

Hiking Peak $7.52

dForce Strand-Based Everyday Updo 3 Hair for Genesis 9 $7.21

DAV Drawing Table For Genesis 9 $6.90

Zahara 9 Pro Bundle $12.73

dForce Saloon Dress Outfit Texture Add-On $1.26

dForce Stellar Cowgirl Outfit Texture Add-On $1.26

The Jewelry Store : Set 2 $0.84

The Jewelry Store : Set 1 $1.01

Diva's Desire Outfit for Genesis 9 $0.00

Summer Bikini for Genesis 9 $0.00

CNB Parah HD for Genesis 8.1 Female $0.00

dForce Classic Anime Hair for Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1 Females $0.00

Azeem HD for Genesis 8.1 Male $0.00

VYK Catalina Character and Outfit Set for Genesis 8.1 Female $0.00

Meong and Tabby for Genesis 8 Female $0.00

dForce Epona Wavy Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s) $0.00

Cyberpunk Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s) $0.00

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113

Virtually cleared out my wishlist with today's sales. Only two items left.  I won't know what to buy for part 2 of the Memorial Day Sale. I guess just save my pennies and hope for some good $1.99 items in the upcoming DAZ+ sale.

Did you also wait until today to buy Zahara? That seems to be a common situation among those complimenting the sale.

For me, the sale seems rather lackluster in comparison to other recent sales. Run-of-the-mill weekly sales have been offering 93-95% off DO bundles, and almost as much off PA items, and today's prices don't seem nearly as good if you've already used DREAMDEAL, previously bought Zahara, etc.

But maybe I'm missing something? Anyone getting great deals without using DREAMDEAL or Zahara?

doubledeviant said:

Charlie Judge said:

Did you also wait until today to buy Zahara? That seems to be a common situation among those complimenting the sale.

For me, the sale seems rather lackluster in comparison to other recent sales. Run-of-the-mill weekly sales have been offering 93-95% off DO bundles, and almost as much off PA items, and today's prices don't seem nearly as good if you've already used DREAMDEAL, previously bought Zahara, etc.

But maybe I'm missing something? Anyone getting great deals without using DREAMDEAL or Zahara?

Yes. I got the Zahara Pro bundle for $12.73. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,145

I haven't actually bought anything since 4/27. How odd.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,311

I'm showing $17.54 for the Zahara pro bundle with 8 tokens, one of the $6 Daz coupons, two other new Zahara day things, %30 off Zahara bundles if you get at least two featured artist store items and the "20% off entire order" for at least one "First Half" item from today's new releases.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    edited May 26

doubledeviant said:

Charlie Judge said:

snip

snip

Yes. I got the Zahara Pro bundle for $12.73. 

Thanks - just saw that you posted about your cart while I was writing the post asking about it. ;)
    Torquinox said:

I haven't actually bought anything since 4/27. How odd.

Tokens make a big difference. The "Daz rhythm" is to buy on Monday or Tuesday for double tokens if good deals are available, which then gives you tokens to get a (usually very good) deal on the Thursday bundle (or possibly the weekend sale).

My Daz+ ends in November, and I might not renew, so I've been playing along to clear huge chunks of my wishlist, but it's getting tiresome. Tokens are a hassle. I'm shopping at Rendo this weekend, and it's nice to see a simple "Here's one of your favorite artists at some great prices, no hoops to jump through. Btw you have several days to shop."
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

murgatroyd314 said:

daveso said:

THE 8 TOKENS PLUS daz+ do $6 OFF COUPON.  Then 20% off entire order with purchase of "first half" product. 30% off the Zahara 9 Pro bundle if you buy 2 featured artist items from the Zahara 9 page.  I got it down to $12 something with 2 items from Jungle pag, but the overall price was not worth that part of it. 

edited May 26

....interested to see what the final total price of the cart was before the tokens and coupon were applied.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

I know there was a lot of dissatisfaction with it, but I liked the purchase incentive they had last December better, where it was number of consecutive days of making a purchase. I bought a lot more because it was worth my effort, and I could pick off whatever happened to be at the low end of the price spectrum that day. Justifying a $40-$80 purchase to be full up on tokens and then hope there's something to spend them on... it's a lot harder for me, so I tend to just not buy anything.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

I have tried putting the Zahara 9 Pro Bundle in with every day's offer since it came out and with 6 tokens (no coupons) never got it below $40.00 or the cart below $60 - $70 with the buy-ins. So I cleared every cart. Last night I flushed 6 tokens away. It is wishlist time. Saving still for US2 and MG4 arrive.

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

Has anyone purchased the new https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cool-sun-for-genesis-9-and-8-male ? I'm wondering if the G8 version looks as bad in the pant's crotch as the G9 version in the promos?

kyoto kid said:

....interested to see what the final total price of the cart was before the tokens and coupon were applied.

my totAL WAS $47.02 ... 22 ITEMS. 10 WERE free. HERE IS MY ORDER SHEET 

DAZ ORDER ZAHARA 9.jpg
    1774 x 1092 - 1M
  • edited May 26

NorthOf45 said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I bought https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mrb-outfit-for-genesis-8-female on a Lightning Deal a few days ago but am returning it due to textures not applying. Sometimes I get an error popup; other times it just stays white in render. I searched for forum posts and found out it has other problems.

I checked out the previous threads, and it seems there was never a definitive answer. I have added my comments to the last thread on the subject of difficulties applying the materials: Can't apply material to specific Wardrobe items

Thanks for the suggestions in that thread. I have bookmarked it because I am Officially Stuck with the outfit since I used 1 of my Daz+ coupons to 100% pay for it & another LD. That'll teach me to use those on something without searching for issues beforehand. 

I wonder if anyone ever found a solution for the dForce cape's issues?

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on

doubledeviant said:

Tokens make a big difference. The "Daz rhythm" is to buy on Monday or Tuesday for double tokens if good deals are available, which then gives you tokens to get a (usually very good) deal on the Thursday bundle (or possibly the weekend sale).

My Daz+ ends in November, and I might not renew, so I've been playing along to clear huge chunks of my wishlist, but it's getting tiresome. Tokens are a hassle. I'm shopping at Rendo this weekend, and it's nice to see a simple "Here's one of your favorite artists at some great prices, no hoops to jump through. Btw you have several days to shop."

Thanks. I don't usually spend enough at once to get more than one or two tokens. Lately, I haven't even seen appealing LD offers. Rendo hasn't been tickling my fancy, either. It's probably me. >_>

In case someone missed it, the "Get an extra 20% off* on your entire order with a "Second Half" New Release" does not exclude gift cards

edited May 26

daveso said:

kyoto kid said:

my totAL WAS $47.02 ... 22 ITEMS. 10 WERE free. HERE IS MY ORDER SHEET 

...thanks.  Last time I made that big of a single purchase (cost wise) was when I bought Hexagon2 here for 41$ many many years ago during MM. Back then I was gainfully employe and made a lot more than I get on my SS pension a month.  Costs for eerything, even rent, were also much lower back then.

Often I find the cost of the buy-ins more than the savings they unlock, but then, I am on a bit of a tight budget and rarely put more than 6 items in a cart to make it worth it   The only time I find it reasonable is when there is a new Daz+ item.  However last couple weeks they were giving an extra discount to Daz+ members which was nice  Hope same holds true for the upcoming simmer Daz+ event (I'll have money again).

Another factor is most new releases are G9 and I for the most part I am still working with G3/G8 (save for a handful of RawArt's and Oso's new creatures)..I'm satified with G3/G8 and have all the resources I need for my work. some which are compatible with both as they share the same basic mesh of can be transferred to G8 with Zev0's XTransfer as well as pose trsnfer utillities.

Also I usually am fortunate to have 2 maybe 4 tokens these days (if I make purchases on Monday & Tuesday).  The most I ever had were 7 (of which 4 expired before I could use them because of that UTC time frame they use, which the way it's worded, makes me think I have another day when I don't).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MalandarMalandar Posts: 736
    edited May 27

Okay, I notice that the Mightymight sale has a thing where if you buy  an item you get 70% off 3 items on your wishlist that was there before a certain date. Great so choose an item and then choose 3 items on my wishlist (items that have been on my list for months) type in the code, and one price goes down like it should, but the others went up? What is going on there?

Post edited by Malandar on

Malandar said:

Okay, I notice that the Mightymight sale has a thing where if you buy  an item you get 70% off 3 items on your wishlist that was there before a certain date. Great so choose an item and then choose 3 items on my wishlist (items that have been on my list for months) type in the code, and one price goes down like it should, but the others went up? What is going on there?

That deal is flat 70% off retail. So if you apply it to an item thaty is already 80% off, the discount drops to 70% off and price in the cart goes up. If price was 30%off, price changes to 70% off on this deal. It's not my idea of fun. YMMV

...looked at the Mighty Mite stuff, not very impressed. 

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 736

Torquinox said:

Malandar said:

That deal is flat 70% off retail. So if you apply it to an item thaty is already 80% off, the discount drops to 70% off and price in the cart goes up. If price was 30%off, price changes to 70% off on this deal. It's not my idea of fun. YMMV

Yeah I was coming back to say that I thought I had figured it out, because a hair product that i had had on my wishlist for a long time is in the 3.99 options on another sale and whjen i threw that in the price doubled lol So that was about the time I realized that it doesn't stack... well after I went back and looked again anyway.

The Mightymight 70% off wishlist items was good for non-DO new items that one used to trigger other discounts, otherwise... The regular Fastgrab sale is 70% off and I never buy anything from there.

• kyoto kid said:

...looked at the Mighty Mite stuff, not very impressed. 

Agreed. Nonetheless, I decided to pick up the chest symbols for $3.18 to trigger the 70% off wishlist deal for Oso's Amorphozoa & Amorphozoa Extended. Right now, buying both costs $31 but adding the symbols drops the cart to $15 & change. There's no other promotions I am interested in, so the next best cost I could get is $25 using my D+ code.

So worth it even if I never use the symbols. However I do superhero renders often enough they will get used. Some of them, like the biohazard will also look great on a lab door or wall.