There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

1434445464749»

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited 7:39AM

I suppose the newly introduced PA only offer textures pack, but the meager description is confusing.

Edit: the funniest description so far is one with the name of the required product, a link to the other store where the required product was sold initially, and no link to the required product who is now sold here.

Post edited by Elor at
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,835

Elor said:

I suppose the newly introduced PA only offer textures pack, but the meager description is confusing.

They say things like "for more details see the readme file", but of course Daz doesn't post any readme files for this kind of transfered stuff.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

Alexaana welcome is a bit of a mess. Never heard of that vendor. One item did seem sort of enticing but it's just a texture and no idea where to find the actual clothing item.

I sort of resent the lack of effort to make sure one can even get what's needed to use these things. Also resent having to visit other sites to find stuff.

Daz is supposed to be the top daz content site and some of the stuff they've done for the welcome series feels haphazard and shoddy.

Not to mention, now, whenever a welcomed artist posts something at rendo, rendo goes "welcome back," as of the vendor actually left. It's just a shell game.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Torquinox said:

Alexaana welcome is a bit of a mess. Never heard of that vendor. One item did seem sort of enticing but it's just a texture and no idea where to find the actual clothing item.

I sort of resent the lack of effort to make sure one can even get what's needed to use these things. Also resent having to visit other sites to find stuff.

^^ This. I aboslutely respect texture artists, but the texture should be where the base is. And if the base isn't here, the texture should wait to join Daz until it is.

And it's a pipe dream, but wow I wish there was some obvious standardization in titling the textures. Like, they all start with "texture set" or something. (I say start with because so often you can't see the full title until you click on it.) It's great if the artist has their own internal thing, but keeping track of them all....

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Also for a retexturing only, they are quite expensive..

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Tomhip said:

I admit I didn't even look at the prices. None of them were things my characters would wear, so... 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

I wonder if DAZ poaching every available Rendo artists is a tactical move, to force the competition out of business.

On a brighter note, yesterday I finally picked up the Wu Kong bundle at 88% off with five tokens.

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 81

Tomhip said:

I did some tests, and if you're making a considerable purchase (my test was ~$80), the item will not only be free but you'll also make some savings (I saved ~$5), so I think it's worth it depending on how much you're buying. Of course, if there were some discounts, it would be great, but life is not perfect.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634

Tomhip said:

And unlike previous transfer artists they are not receiving a 50% discount when introduced to DAZ 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,998

I wonder if DAZ poaching every available Rendo artists is a tactical move, to force the competition out of business.

On a brighter note, yesterday I finally picked up the Wu Kong bundle at 88% off with five tokens.

I doubt we can say much more, but if you search the threads about this it sounds more like folks are being pushed to DAZ by others, rather than being pulled from anywhere.

Charlie Judge said:.

And unlike previous transfer artists they are not receiving a 50% discount when introduced to DAZ 

I noticed that. I thought it was a store mistake. Guess not?

All that being said, there are some vendors who came over from Rendo that I am glad to see here. Also AFAIK, none of the vendors who came over from Rendo actually closed their Rendo stores.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,912

Torquinox said:

Daz is supposed to be the top daz content site and some of the stuff they've done for the welcome series feels haphazard and shoddy.

Not to mention, now, whenever a welcomed artist posts something at rendo, rendo goes "welcome back," as of the vendor actually left. It's just a shell game.

To top it all off, the 15% off the store advertised when you you have an ALexana and a polish item in the cart together doesn't seem to be working... except on Alexana products.   

edited 5:24PM

Torquinox said:

All that being said, there are some vendors who came over from Rendo that I am glad to see here. Also AFAIK, none of the vendors who came over from Rendo actually closed their Rendo stores.

It's confusing, as a few changed their store names... Luna3D, for example, briefly became Evenstar at Rendo but then changed back to Luna3D again after a few weeks... probably because it was driving a lot of people crazy trying to check if they'd previously bought an item at Rendo.         

Post edited by Cybersox at

SilverGirl said:

Torquinox said:

^^ This. I aboslutely respect texture artists, but the texture should be where the base is. And if the base isn't here, the texture should wait to join Daz until it is.

And it's a pipe dream, but wow I wish there was some obvious standardization in titling the textures. Like, they all start with "texture set" or something. (I say start with because so often you can't see the full title until you click on it.) It's great if the artist has their own internal thing, but keeping track of them all....

I don't dislike texture only artists, per se, but I do feel VERY strongly that any texture only product should clearly have the words "Textures for" and the name of the base product in the product name.  Ideally, there should be a way to hide them all when viewing the store... at least at Rendo you can just select the "3D model" category in the marketplace and most of the products that don't come with geometry will disappear.

Torquinox said:

True, but let's face it... a lot of the stuff that the DAZ store does in general can be rather haphazard and poorly implemented.  It's a rare week where there aren't multiple issues with the daily ads, not to mention questions as to what verbiage in the text is supposed to actually mean and how the math in the discounts is supposed to work.           

lou_harper said:

A lot of it has to do with Rendo changing one of their old policies regarding stores that are exclusive to Rendo no longer getting some of the perks that they used to receive.  At the same time, there have been a lot of DAZ PAs that have moved in either whole or part to Rendo.  That said, I'd say that the recent change in allowing the use of nude figures in the DAZ store was at least in part a way to lure vendors with larger stores over to this store, as it allowed them to move stores without having to redo a significant part of their promotional images.  

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Looks like Alexaana items all have now discount of 65% applied. So indeed look like it was error.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,835

So do people who bought early get automatic refunds in cases like these where Daz errors cause prices to be higher than advertised/intended? Or do people who don't continually reevaluate the price of their already purchased cart, just end up paying more than they should have?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287

Charlie Judge said:

Tomhip said:

They are 65% off in stoe, down to 83% in cart with no tokens applied but owning a Golden Ticket item.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Lighting Deals just offered me https://www.daz3d.com/kei-hd-for-genesis-9-lingerie-mini-bundle for $3.03. I have no interest in lingerie (though I'm sure I'll find use for it, and poses might be useful), but for that price, I got the bundle for Kei alone.