There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Charlie Judge said:

Items that cost $1 are not really "gifts" and especially not when they also require an additional purchase. 

Daz-Marketese is its own unique dialect. Some word meanings have diverged so far from modern English as to be less understandable than Old English to a layperson. LOL

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Items that cost $1 are not really "gifts" and especially not when they also require an additional purchase. 

Daz-Marketese is its own unique dialect. Some word meanings have diverged so far from modern English as to be less understandable than Old English to a layperson. LOL

Reminds me of a former friend who informed me that she wanted to get me a particular birthday gift, but she could only afford half of it, so I needed to come with her to the store to get it and pay the other half.

Bonus: it wasn't something I wanted. It was something she thought I should have because it offended her sense of style (which was not even vaguely similar to my sense of style) that I did not have one.

I was, apparently, ungrateful because I declined to spend money on something I didn't want so she could feel good about getting it for me.

Flash sale tile up for (very) limited selection of bundles.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

SilverGirl said:

Flash sale tile up for (very) limited selection of bundles.

Good catch! Dark Guard Bundle are now belong to me. smiley  

• DasTriDasTri Posts: 25

XiousDs said:

Is daz turn over 3am or 2 am EST? I ask because it says my 18 tokens will expire at 3 am EST. I thought the daz turn over was at 2am, so I am curious if I have an hourf to use my tokens after day and sale change.

DAZ has a problem with the last hour of its token. They expire one hour earlier then noted - beware. You will NOT be able to keep them to get the new deals in their first hour (or the last of your token livespan), they expire with the turnover even when they say you have one hour left.

Happened to me once when it hurt, and then I verified it with single tokens on occasion.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241

All my tokens normally vanish before I can use them too. Oh well.

NOT complaining, but once again the wording on the most recent flash sale is mixed up with another coupon habit: It's good for 3 passes! [buy one at a time, buy the 1st choice first just in case]

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 155

SilverGirl said:

Charlie Judge said:

Reminds me of a former friend who informed me that she wanted to get me a particular birthday gift, but she could only afford half of it, so I needed to come with her to the store to get it and pay the other half.

Bonus: it wasn't something I wanted. It was something she thought I should have because it offended her sense of style (which was not even vaguely similar to my sense of style) that I did not have one.

I was, apparently, ungrateful because I declined to spend money on something I didn't want so she could feel good about getting it for me.

Geeeez! I can see why She`s a "former" friend. LOL

Catherine3678ab said:

NOT complaining, but once again the wording on the most recent flash sale is mixed up with another coupon habit: It's good for 3 passes! [buy one at a time, buy the 1st choice first just in case]

Wow! Says once per customer, used twice. Now I also have the chibi paladin. Exquisite workmanship! Nothing I want for a 3rd spin. Can only say, Thanks Daz.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited July 23

Catherine3678ab said:

Also good on multiple bundles in a single cart. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Also good on multiple bundles in a single cart. 

:-(
    Should have tried that. I would have taken two at least. Well, next time I am wiser...

• fullerdbfullerdb Posts: 45
    edited July 23

I had a custom message for an extra discount on the Monkey King Bundle. It is gone from the Messages inbox and the code is no longer valid, according to the cart. However, I have the message on an open tab and it says "Expires July 23 @ 23:59 MDT (UTC-6)". Should it not be valid right now and until the end of the day minus one minute?

Post edited by fullerdb on
  • fullerdb said:

I had a custom message for an extra discount on the Monkey King Bundle. It is gone from the Messages inbox and the code is no longer valid, according to the cart. However, I have the message on an open tab and it says "Expires July 23 @ 23:59 MDT (UTC-6)". Should it not be valid right now and until the end of the day minus one minute?

Yes it should. Screenshot that open tab and open a customer service ticket with it. (Tip: when I screenshot on my laptop, I hover the cursor over the time in the lower right corner so date and time are visible in the screenshot.)

• fullerdbfullerdb Posts: 45

Thanks for double checking and for the tips!

fullerdb said:

Yes it should. Screenshot that open tab and open a customer service ticket with it. (Tip: when I screenshot on my laptop, I hover the cursor over the time in the lower right corner so date and time are visible in the screenshot.)

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited July 25
    FYI, Ice Zombie is editorial license. I wish it was a cool ice zombie with separate G0T addon instead. Will see what next Thursday brings.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • Got this in my daz email, says the 1 dollar "gift" is that hair, searched the store for it, can't find it. I'm very interested in that hair, if it's not a 1 dollar "gift" I still want to put it in my whish list. Is there someone who can tell me how to get it? is it not yet released yet? is it coming to the store?

tombraider4ever said:

Got this in my daz email, says the 1 dollar "gift" is that hair, searched the store for it, can't find it. I'm very interested in that hair, if it's not a 1 dollar "gift" I still want to put it in my whish list. Is there someone who can tell me how to get it? is it not yet released yet? is it coming to the store?

I think that was some sort of misprint on the emails (common) as the $1 "gift" in the store today has that same picture, but says it's for the character Artemis and goes to this page: https://www.daz3d.com/mw-artemis-for-genesis-9

From that page, at the bottom it has this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-kara-ponytail-for-genesis-9 listed as one of the products used in the promos... looks like it's the one you're after. 

• SilverGirl said:

tombraider4ever said:

Got this in my daz email, says the 1 dollar "gift" is that hair, searched the store for it, can't find it. I'm very interested in that hair, if it's not a 1 dollar "gift" I still want to put it in my whish list. Is there someone who can tell me how to get it? is it not yet released yet? is it coming to the store?

I think that was some sort of misprint on the emails (common) as the $1 "gift" in the store today has that same picture, but says it's for the character Artemis and goes to this page: https://www.daz3d.com/mw-artemis-for-genesis-9

From that page, at the bottom it has this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-kara-ponytail-for-genesis-9 listed as one of the products used in the promos... looks like it's the one you're after

Thank you so much for the replyheart, it said something else in the email, the name of the hair, but it looks like that hair. 

tombraider4ever said:

SilverGirl said:

tombraider4ever said:

From that page, at the bottom it has this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-kara-ponytail-for-genesis-9 listed as one of the products used in the promos... looks like it's the one you're after

Thank you so much for the replyheart, it said something else in the email, the name of the hair, but it looks like that hair. 

There have been mismatches between description and picture in those emails (and on the sale pages) before, where descriptions were VERY clearly not what the pictures were. If you can't find it in the store, it's possible that it's coming out later and was accidentally "teased," so to speak, but it doesn't look like that hair (whatever it is) goes with the picture.  

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

GN Kenji is today $1 product when buying a new / still new release:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-gn-kenji-hair-for-genesis-9

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

I just noticed that Editorial License products have the normal Interactive and 3D Printing licenses to buy. Does this mean that if someone paid for that license it would override the Ed. License? Or if not, shouldn't the Shopping Cart clearly indicate that even if you buy them, you still can't use the products except by Ed. License guidelines? Wouldn't it be better to leave those options off the Shopping List?

Just curious. I have never bought one of the licenses, so no clue how it is normally used by others.

dForce Nights Watch Lord Commander for Genesis 8 Males

newrecent best $8.56

$22.99$8.5663% Off

Add Interactive License

$50.00

Add 3D Printing License

$1.99

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

memcneil70 said:

I just noticed that Editorial License products have the normal Interactive and 3D Printing licenses to buy. Does this mean that if someone paid for that license it would override the Ed. License? Or if not, shouldn't the Shopping Cart clearly indicate that even if you buy them, you still can't use the products except by Ed. License guidelines? Wouldn't it be better to leave those options off the Shopping List?

Just curious. I have never bought one of the licenses, so no clue how it is normally used by others.

newrecent best $8.56

$22.99$8.5663% Off

Add Interactive License

$50.00

Add 3D Printing License

$1.99

I am not seeing that - do you have Daz Deals? There should not be any commercial licnse add-ons for editorial items, and if there were they would not be applicable.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

I tried adding to cart in an Incognito browser window (no sign-in, no Daz Deals) and I get the licence offered too.

Capture.jpg
    787 x 295 - 25K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Richard Haseltine said:

memcneil70 said:

newrecent best $8.56

$22.99$8.5663% Off

Add Interactive License

$50.00

Add 3D Printing License

$1.99

I am not seeing that - do you have Daz Deals? There should not be any commercial licnse add-ons for editorial items, and if there were they would not be applicable.

I see it too. It  is not on the produict page but shows up as an option in your cart when the item is added. 

Charlie Judge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

memcneil70 said:

newrecent best $8.56

$22.99$8.5663% Off

Add Interactive License

$50.00

Add 3D Printing License

$1.99

I see it too. It  is not on the produict page but shows up as an option in your cart when the item is added. 

Ah, I was looking at the product page. Yes, that is happeneing for me - the in-cart behaviour is almost certainly a bug, I will report it.

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

memcneil70 said:

newrecent best $8.56

$22.99$8.5663% Off

Add Interactive License

$50.00

Add 3D Printing License

$1.99

Ah, I was looking at the product page. Yes, that is happeneing for me - the in-cart behaviour is almost certainly a bug, I will report it.

This should not be appearing now.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

memcneil70 said:

newrecent best $8.56

$22.99$8.5663% Off

Add Interactive License

$50.00

Add 3D Printing License

$1.99

This should not be appearing now.

Thank you Richard. I just got back on the site, working on 'Lost and Found' since Customer Service had me sign in and request an update. Yes, I have DAZ Deals Pro. I just looked at my Shopping Cart and the license area is fixed. Appreciate you looking into this.

Mary 

$1 "Gift" for today would be attractive to me without the buy-in - I like lab facilities, They're inherently creepy, especially along with medical facilities. They scream "unholy experiment." I now have several of both, so I shouldn't need any more, but kitbashing. I suppose all the $1 gifts would be a lot more interesting without the buy-in. Of course, paying for a gift makes it not a gift, but that idea has already been discussed. For me, I would pay the $1 for some of the items if not for the buy-in. As it is, the only really good part of this whole Christmas in July promo was the flash sale. Oh well. Always another sale...

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Torquinox said:

$1 "Gift" for today would be attractive to me without the buy-in - I like lab facilities, They're inherently creepy, especially along with medical facilities. They scream "unholy experiment." I now have several of both, so I shouldn't need any more, but kitbashing. I suppose all the $1 gifts would be a lot more interesting without the buy-in. Of course, paying for a gift makes it not a gift, but that idea has already been discussed. For me, I would pay the $1 for some of the items if not for the buy-in. As it is, the only really good part of this whole Christmas in July promo was the flash sale. Oh well. Always another sale...

I agree, but I would have acted if it had been buy any new release over 1$ including the new daz+ items. There are new daz+ items I would have been willing to buy without tokens to get the 1$ deal, but a bunch of the new release qualifying items I don't like or are too expensive to make the 1$ item worth it.

Torquinox said:

As it is, the only really good part of this whole Christmas in July promo was the flash sale. Oh well. Always another sale...

Yeah, this one's been a strike out for me (including the flash sale -- didn't need any of those bundles). But the first half of the month was really good to me for once, so it was hard to be to cranky over it. 

edited July 28

All five recent "gifts" are now up for $2 each. You still have to buy in to get them, but only once.

Post edited by DasTri on