There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

Torquinox said:

The top-hats code appears to be flat 80% off, apparently no stacking with existing discounts. That's not as exciting as I first thought. Someone else might have already covered that?

The ad says no stacking

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

That was my reaction as well- I removed the items no longer on sale as well as the other items in the cart. They could've listed the items they mistakenly put on sale for a few hours along with a statement that the sale would end at a specific time. It woul've minimized reduced revenue from those sales, while still keeping customer goodwill.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

joanna said:

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

Dang... they changed almost all of the sale selections. The stuff I was going to get from top-hat is no longer there either...

Sometimes, you gotta get in early and grab the stuff right away. These things do happen! I've got some great deals that way and lost some by waiting, as well.

Not to disagree, because yes, they happen. And sometimes getting stuff early is what can hurt you too, because later in the day some stacking offer appears. "Such is life Daz..."

But the fact that they happen is extremely unappealing to me as a customer. I had a cart of around $40 and was likely to add even more stuff to it, because of the appealing price and the excitement the offer had built. The changeover of the offer made me remove (on top of the now-inelligible items) half of my cart instantly and pretty much killed the excitement, because I'm looking at the rest of the cart and thinking that I'll just dump it all, because "I don't need more stuff"—there, the excitement gone and the spending mood killed. So from guaranteed $+40, Daz will likely get a $0 from me today. I wonder whether more income will be lost by removing those items than it would have been "lost" by selling them at such a low price.

Which Top 200 sale are you referring too? The two confused me for a bit cause everyone is just saying Top 200 when one is for PA items and the other is for Genesis 8 & 8.1 as the ad says. Yes, it had G9 in there by accident but the ad did specifically say what qualified for the discount.

• GhostGhost Posts: 103

I don't think any revenue was reduced at all. Would I get that bundle for 220$? No. 50$? Still no. But 4$? YES, I had it in my cart.

I also very,very strongly dissagree with blaming customers for not jumping on the offer quick enough. If the offer is advertised as lasting till the end of the day than that's how long it should last, period.

Changing it for a different offer... wow. The fault is a 100% on Daz.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited July 17
    gfdamron1 said:

That was my reaction as well- I removed the items no longer on sale as well as the other items in the cart. They could've listed the items they mistakenly put on sale for a few hours along with a statement that the sale would end at a specific time. It woul've minimized reduced revenue from those sales, while still keeping customer goodwill.

Ya. I was looking at getting the living top-200 items the dream bundle, the raver bundle, the MICK bundle, MICK 2 Gothic set, wet t bundle, the dog bundle, Kaz bundle, university bundle, possibly the villain bundle, then in the other items I was looking at getting top-hats items SY skin blends, open wide g9, and lie makeup manager which was close to $50 altogether. Kaz bundle is still there but it was one of the lowest items on the list. Since everything else was being dropped, will probably just drop that. Glad I will save the credit, but bummed at the same time. There is always another sale! Lol
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

frank0314 said:

joanna said:

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

Dang... they changed almost all of the sale selections. The stuff I was going to get from top-hat is no longer there either...

Sometimes, you gotta get in early and grab the stuff right away. These things do happen! I've got some great deals that way and lost some by waiting, as well.

Not to disagree, because yes, they happen. And sometimes getting stuff early is what can hurt you too, because later in the day some stacking offer appears. "Such is life Daz..."

But the fact that they happen is extremely unappealing to me as a customer. I had a cart of around $40 and was likely to add even more stuff to it, because of the appealing price and the excitement the offer had built. The changeover of the offer made me remove (on top of the now-inelligible items) half of my cart instantly and pretty much killed the excitement, because I'm looking at the rest of the cart and thinking that I'll just dump it all, because "I don't need more stuff"—there, the excitement gone and the spending mood killed. So from guaranteed $+40, Daz will likely get a $0 from me today. I wonder whether more income will be lost by removing those items than it would have been "lost" by selling them at such a low price.

Which Top 200 sale are you referring too? The two confused me for a bit cause everyone is just saying Top 200 when one is for PA items and the other is for Genesis 8 & 8.1 as the ad says. Yes, it had G9 in there by accident but the ad did specifically say what qualified for the discount.

Again, I am talking about the other one. The one that had no Gen8/8.1 caveat. (This one. Advertised as "TOP200" but no note of "8/8.1 blowout on the banner", and the code is TOP-200, not TOP-HATS: is that enough to clarify that I didn't confuse the sales?) It had items removed and other items added which people commented on both here and in the reporting thread.

Sure, Daz still can claim that some items were not intended to be there, but seeing as they only corrected them halfway through the day (not some store changeover glitch corrected within an hour of said changeover), this leaves very bad impression on me as a customer.

• joanna said:

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

Shopping here is a lot like gambling (I'm not a gambler, but stay with me here... XD). We can try to read the system and choose the right time to purchase, but most of the time it's down to how busy we are to spend the time, or how much patience one has, or intuition, or just plain dumb luck. And this is all decided with us knowing there's a rich history of inconsistency here where nobody seems too sure of the 'rules' each day, especially when things are broken. I've lost out on sooo much in the past by not taking the opportunity, and other times I've overspent by silly amounts when I should've played the game a little differently. Had so much excitement for a basket full of cool items killed by Daz moving the goalposts. So much frustrating knowing that if they just did things a certain way, customer satisfaction and spending would be a lot higher than it has been thus far this year. It's been rare in my experience, but occasionally there are mistakes that work heavily in our favor and those are great days if you're lucky. Some days we win and some we lose on this site. Very similar to gambling. And I'm not saying that's a good thing at all. I don't like it. But it's just how I've decided to view things here now and I've come to accept it as the standard daily Daz experience. It can even be a stressful/upsetting at times - definitely not good. Having said that, they may well make up for this in some awesome way as they like to do from time to time. Fingers crossed.

Ghost said:

I don't think any revenue was reduced at all. Would I get that bundle for 220$? No. 50$? Still no. But 4$? YES, I had it in my cart.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. You had it in your cart, and an average customer (I don't know if you specifically would, so I'm speculating here) would likely also throw extra items following the excitement of a good offer meaning even more revenue for Daz. Instead, people are more likely to remove more stuff from their carts because of the change of the offer.

There is "customer is excited about the offer and thus more likely to spend even more than they were planning" mood, and then, there's the "customer is upset about the offer changing abruptly and thus more likely to spend less or even nothing at all."

I also very,very strongly dissagree with blaming customers for not jumping on the offer quick enough. If the offer is advertised as lasting till the end of the day than that's how long it should last, period.

No disagreement here.

Of course, it's their store, so Daz can do what they want. I'm just expressing what impression it leaves on me as a customer.

edited July 17
    joanna said:

Ghost said:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. You had it in your cart, and an average customer (I don't know if you specifically would, so I'm speculating here) would likely also throw extra items following the excitement of a good offer meaning even more revenue for Daz. Instead, people are more likely to remove more stuff from their carts because of the change of the offer.

There is "customer is excited about the offer and thus more likely to spend even more than they were planning" mood, and then, there's the "customer is upset about the offer changing abruptly and thus more likely to spend less or even nothing at all."

No disagreement here.

Of course, it's their store, so Daz can do what they want. I'm just expressing what impression it leaves on me as a customer.

Ya, when I read the banner today and saw "no stacking" I was like ewe since i am sitting on 18 tokens. Then later I decided to just see what the items listed were. At that point I was pleasantly surprised and actually started planning what I was going to get. Now, I am back to my initial starting point, where I just want to know what tomorrow's special is going to be.
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 300

I did notice a few items were in the $3.99 sale at DAZ Midnight (12:00 MST), and are now gone. Best example I saw was The Chihuahua Mega-Bundle for Daz Dog. I thought it was a good price, and considered it, but I'd never use it, so I passed on it. Come to find it's now missing and Chihuahua for Daz Dog 8: Brutus is there instead. Secret of Egypt 2 ws the only Egyptian themed set when the sale popped up. Now Egyptian Elements and Secret of Egypt are also listed. My guess is the wrong bundle was added when something else should have been there instead. Plus they missed a few items and just added them. Large sales like this always have little glitches.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

frank0314 said:

Torquinox said:

The top-hats code appears to be flat 80% off, apparently no stacking with existing discounts. That's not as exciting as I first thought. Someone else might have already covered that?

The ad says no stacking

Fair enough.

@joanna you're right. Sometimes you can just tell though - the deal is too good to be true and must be seized!

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

Oh well, I guess that's saved me some money, like others I had a some things in the cart, and was going to check in a bit and see if I'd add anything else.

Especially as I checked and the offer page on the main sight said today only. Which to me implies you've got the day to buy it. 

Now though i'll be spending exactly $0, good work Daz. I'll likely never ever buy those things either because I won't pay more than the $3.99 I could have got them for today. 

Personally the things now left in the offer, are for the most part not particularly enticing at $3.99, compared to 1.99 or maybe 2.99 

Torquinox said:

@joanna you're right. Sometimes you can just tell though - the deal is too good to be true and must be seized!

I've been around Daz long enough to suspect it to be pulled out. And I decided to wait nevertheless to see what would happen as I like to study such things things from the business point of view. If the deal was still what it was in the morning, I'd have built a bigger cart and checked out to "vote with my wallet" on a nice sale. Since it isn't, I'm also ok with not buying anything today. I have enough of other things to buy so that I can always spend my money elsewhere, and I have enough of Daz products to sit potentially many sales out if I'm incentivized to do so (as opposed to being incentivized to spend). In the end, in my case, it's also how I perceive the company: good sales make me spend more and not only on sale items (again, spending mood and overall feeling of good deals). Behavior like that makes me take a break from buying.

At the same time, I'm sure there will be people who didn't know about the change or don't care, or the product they really, really wanted is in that $3.99 selection. I suppose I keep my fingers crossed for Daz that their numbers far exceed the numbers of customers of my type.

@Joanna I hear you. Thing is, I'm a cherry picker. So I prefer to grab the item and only worry about the larger cart in the big sales. Your kind of shopping, when respected, is surely better for the company's bottom line angel

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

oh wow, it looks like the really good deals today were actually a mistake! I can't complain, I got what I wanted out of it... but what a bummer for those that waited frown

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

XiousDs said:

joanna said:

Ghost said:

No disagreement here.

Ya, when I read the banner today and saw "no stacking" I was like ewe since i am sitting on 18 tokens. Then later I decided to just see what the items listed were. At that point I was pleasantly surprised and actually started planning what I was going to get. Now, I am back to my initial starting point, where I just want to know what tomorrow's special is going to be.

Speaking from a loooong list of disappointed expectations here because sales were changed at a moment's notice, I think when you see something enticing, you gotta ask yourself whether you'd be freakin mad if that offer was gone later in the day. if the answer is yes, and the price is really okay for you, then buy it immediately. Don't leave the cart sitting for one moment longer than strictly necessary, and - this is important - don't get greedy and keep adding more and more stuff, this'll only cost precious time. Just get it done already, and then build another cart if necessary.

If on the other hand stuff is enticing but not potentially-anger-inducing-if-removed-from-offer, then leave it in the cart and see what happens. That way, you don't buy loads of stuff that you can't really use or afford in a panicked frenzy, but you don't miss out on the good deals on the things you actually want either. 

The really sad thing to note here is that only a few years ago, DAZ used to honor each and every one of their sales offers, all the time, guaranteed. If you showed them screenshots of the deal and told them what you were planning to get but couldn't because of announced changes, they'd make it happen retrospectively. They were just the sweetest and most concerned shop guys you could imagine. 'Tis a pity they're like everyone else now ...

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 82

XiousDs said:

[Bother]... The banner said today only and no specification of time. Everything I wanted is nolonger in the list... Guess I won't be getting the stuff now. :(

So the coupon code still works but for some reason they've decided to remove some of the juicier offers (like that expensive sci-fi bundle) from the list of pickable items. I'm not gonna lie. Not happy at all about that move.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Jumbotron said:

XiousDs said:

[Bother]... The banner said today only and no specification of time. Everything I wanted is nolonger in the list... Guess I won't be getting the stuff now. :(

So the coupon code still works but for some reason they've decided to remove some of the juicier offers (like that expensive sci-fi bundle) from the list of pickable items. I'm not gonna lie. Not happy at all about that move.

Yep. They removed a lot iof the ones I was interested in. After they did that I lost interest in buying the remaining ones that I had in my cart or even buying anything today. So, I just dumped my whole cart and will save my pennies. 

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 82

Charlie Judge said:

Yep. They removed a lot iof the ones I was interested in. After they did that I lost interest in buying the remaining ones that I had in my cart or even buying anything today. So, I just dumped my whole cart and will save my pennies. 

Understandable. I'm going to have a good look at today's sales now because I didn't have the time for it when I saw that promising $3.99 per item (up to ten of them) sale earlier today. My current tokens do not expire today, but the day after tomorrow. So at least it's not that bad if I end up not buying anything today. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

Charlie Judge said:

I checked the categories after they changed, and there were even fewer things I was interested in.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Charlie Judge said:

Yeah, my wallet took the path of least resistance today, too. Not going to reward that behavior.  

edited July 18
    Just curious, to distract from the disappointment of the day, anyone have experience and thoughts with filter forge 11 on Daz. Says it can be used to make patterns with maps, but I was not able to find much on folks talking about their experiences with it and is it still useful. Especially since version 13 is the current with an AI empowered version on the way.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited July 18

Elor said:

kyoto kid said:

...hmmm, yeah.  I open the top 200 sales and they all mainly feature G9 items.

You should not let your intense hatred for Genesis 9 cloud your judgement so much: with 14 items for Genesis 9, a 200 items selection is not in any definition of the word mainly featuring G9 items.

...last night when I made my post , that wasn't the case, only a small number of G8 items appeared at the end of the second page in each category.  I was expecting a different collection for the "G8 Bkowout" (which may not have been set up at yet the time). What apparently happened right after the changeover last night was the sale page for the Grab Bag sale came up when I clicked on the links for the Top 200 G8 Blowout Sale.  Obviously that was fixed afterwards. 

It's not hatred for G9, its that I really don't need, nor can I afford to adopt an entirely new generation to get it to where I already have G3/G8 given my budget.  I have a huge investment both that I built over the years and not about to "shelve" that.  As I have mentioned elsewhere, I create my own custom "human based" characters and rarely ever use a figure straight "out of the box".  With both G3 and G8, as well as merchant resource and transfer utility content, I have more than enough of material to work with for my character creation needs.

That said, I have purchased some G9  characters, most notably new mythical characters and creatures by PAs like RawArt and Oso3D, as that is where G9 tends to "shine".  I also have the basic essentials needed to use them.  

Actually looking at the selection for the G8 Blowout sale (I was mainly interested in hair content) it was not all that great. I as lookign for hair styles that would be more appropriate for younger characters as I have more than enough for the older ones.  Did find a couole useful Sickle Yield utilities I didn't have in the clothing sale though. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 387

Wal, like all the recent bundles, the monkey king's Pro bundle was RIDICULOUSLY OUTRAGEOUSLY STUPENDOUSLY EXPENSIVE in this typist's modest opinion.

But it had a lot of things I like, and one thing which was an absolute requirement--there was no reason for me to buy the monkey king himself without also getting the intermediate "chimp" shape because this figure answers a Future Casting Call for me for a character who changes back and forth between monkey and human. (It's not a male character, of course; men in my stories are like hen's teeth--but it's a G9 so that is easily finessed. The Return To Unimesh has gotta be good for SOMETHING ...)

The good news is that I had the orange coupon for the bundle, and four tokens, bringing the price in cart to $41.08. And there are some chained discounts I didn't bother noticing at all, so -- pleasant surprise! -- when I dropped Tempesta's Queen Ely headwear into the cart, which I was gonna buy anyway, not only did IT drop to $6.46 but the bundle fell to $36.97. At that point I figured I'd gotten all the fortune I was going to get from the Daz Gods today, and placed my order in a hurry before anyone changed their minds.

I still resent having to play these coupon-clipping, bargain-stacking games just to get down to what I consider reasonable prices. But I'm not above doing it when I can do it.

columbine said:

Wal, like all the recent bundles, the monkey king's Pro bundle was RIDICULOUSLY OUTRAGEOUSLY STUPENDOUSLY EXPENSIVE in this typist's modest opinion.

But it had a lot of things I like, and one thing which was an absolute requirement--there was no reason for me to buy the monkey king himself without also getting the intermediate "chimp" shape because this figure answers a Future Casting Call for me for a character who changes back and forth between monkey and human. (It's not a male character, of course; men in my stories are like hen's teeth--but it's a G9 so that is easily finessed. The Return To Unimesh has gotta be good for SOMETHING ...)

The good news is that I had the orange coupon for the bundle, and four tokens, bringing the price in cart to $41.08. And there are some chained discounts I didn't bother noticing at all, so -- pleasant surprise! -- when I dropped Tempesta's Queen Ely headwear into the cart, which I was gonna buy anyway, not only did IT drop to $6.46 but the bundle fell to $36.97. At that point I figured I'd gotten all the fortune I was going to get from the Daz Gods today, and placed my order in a hurry before anyone changed their minds.

I still resent having to play these coupon-clipping, bargain-stacking games just to get down to what I consider reasonable prices. But I'm not above doing it when I can do it.

I love the single geometry for both male and female characters for that reason. I like it more for fantasy creatures and anthromorphs though. Instead of being annoyed about not being able to combine two morphs like cyclops that is male and dry að thatvis female, i can just combine them and tweak my many sliders to make both male and female versions of dryadclops. Lol
    edited July 19

...well just found out that tokens don't work with the Top-Hats coupon. 

Wish I would have known that.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

kyoto kid said:

...well just found out that tokens don't work with the Top-Hats coupon. 

Wish I would have known that.

The promo says "Discount does not stack with other offers" 

..thanks, late at night, sometiems easy to miss the "small print".. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Sad there is no discount on Character Mixer 2 for those of us who own the original Character Mixer. I guess I'll just make do and continue using the original one.