There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Dear Saturday... Will you give me a reason to use 18 tokens before they expire? Lol Wukong bundle went up in price with the removal of the extra 10% off from buying tempesta3d skimpware so if weekend does not bring something at least par with Thursday, then it will be put on the back burner with Snowqueen bundle.
  • I haven't seen anything in the last week, old or new, that makes me want to buy. Unless deals are better tomorrow, I may buy a couple 50-60% off older items I've had wishlisted. Combining with my Daz+ $6 off $18+ coupon, it will be a better deal for me than anything the store is offering.

(I would take advantage of the TOP-HATS (G8 blowout) if the coupon discounted from current prices instead of full prices. But not stacking turns it from a Yes, Please! to a No Thanks! for me.)

I haven't seen anything in the last week, old or new, that makes me want to buy. Unless deals are better tomorrow, I may buy a couple 50-60% off older items I've had wishlisted. Combining with my Daz+ $6 off $18+ coupon, it will be a better deal for me than anything the store is offering.

(I would take advantage of the TOP-HATS (G8 blowout) if the coupon discounted from current prices instead of full prices. But not stacking turns it from a Yes, Please! to a No Thanks! for me.)

My thoughts were the same. Since it does not stack with tokens, it feels meh.
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Agreed, and already out of coupons. No complaints, got good treasure out of previous promotions.

edited July 20

I could be wrong, but I took the recent quiet in this thread as a sign that the current promotions are not that exciting. >_>

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • As always, I'm awaiting the right combination of new stuff that motivates me and/or awesome stacking deals and/or a good wishlist sale that covers the newer items that are all that are on my wishlist and/or sufficiently epic low prices on legacy items that it's worth another round of looking at old stuff.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

It's probably the normal run of things, but after some heavy spending during the summer sale, and the false start to the sale this week, the current offereings are really anti-climatic. Most of it is stuff I've seen before, but now for a much less attractive deal. I'm waiting for DAZ to come up with a better sale.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,011

Probably letting my 10 tokens expire this weekend...

• PerttiA said:

Probably letting my 10 tokens expire this weekend...

I have 8 tokens that die tomorrow at Daz midnight. Unless tomorrow's offerings are more inspiring, I too will probably let them go. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Nothing even vaguely tempting for me, but... I'm still a long way off finishing cataloging my haul from June 30 + the recent good stacking one, so for me it's probably a blessing. I need to get all that taken care of before I go back to trying to make the art, and I miss making the art. I still haven't gotten the chance to go back and figure out what I was doing wrong that my eyeball rigging wasn't saving to the slider. The printout of the lovely directions is still sitting on my desk mocking me.

Is daz turn over 3am or 2 am EST? I ask because it says my 18 tokens will expire at 3 am EST. I thought the daz turn over was at 2am, so I am curious if I have an hour to use my tokens after day and sale change.
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

XiousDs said:

Is daz turn over 3am or 2 am EST? I ask because it says my 18 tokens will expire at 3 am EST. I thought the daz turn over was at 2am, so I am curious if I have an hour to use my tokens after day and sale change.

DAZ midnight (turnover) is 2am EST (or EDT in the summer) and tokens expire at DAZ midnight. 

XiousDs said:

DAZ midnight (turnover) is 2am EST (or EDT in the summer) and tokens expire at DAZ midnight. 

Filter Forge 11 for $28 after 8 tokens. Is it worth it, or should I look at pix plant instead? Thanks. Just trying to figure out if I bother using some of my 18 tokens or let them all expire. I wish buying something over $10 renewed your tokens to a new expiration timer.
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205
    edited July 21

Filter Forge 13 basic edition permanent licence is on sale for $29 for one more day at their own site. I'd probably get FF13.

Post edited by butterflyfish on

Filter Forge 13 basic edition permanent licence is on sale for $29 for one more day at their own site. I'd probably get FF13.

My understanding is that basic edition won't let you do textures beyond 3kx3k or create PBR texture maps which is primarily why you need pro version.
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205

XiousDs said:

butterflyfish said:

My understanding is that basic edition won't let you do textures beyond 3kx3k or create PBR texture maps which is primarily why you need pro version.

Oh, well if you need pro version that's $69 on their site for 13, so I guess get 11, then. 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

I'm not sure why this is happening but unless I'm looking directly at my wishlist page, the little WL symbol isn't showing up in the rest of the store so I have no idea what products that are on sale are on my wishlist. I'm will now assume that if there's no little heart symbol it's not on my wishlist and I won't bother looking at it.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Is it just me? The 'special sun Christmas' offers today don't seem very good and require quite a lot of effort, comparing different lists of artists for discounts. I'm getting something like 67% off on average for a halfway newish, non-DO. Not very enticing, is it? Or am I doing something wrong? Bit tired today, so might just be stupid ...

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Yeah, Santa is not getting any cookies.

tsroemi said:

Is it just me? The 'special sun Christmas' offers today don't seem very good and require quite a lot of effort, comparing different lists of artists for discounts. I'm getting something like 67% off on average for a halfway newish, non-DO. Not very enticing, is it? Or am I doing something wrong? Bit tired today, so might just be stupid ...

That was the same result I got (but also am on the 'bit tired, might just be stupid' train with you). I chalked it up to being an advertised extended sale and this being the front end of it. I'm hopeful by the end I'll see some good discounts on a couple of my need-it-sooner stragglers that didn't drop much/at all in the last couple sales, but... well, if not, I'll cross my fingers for Labor Day or October.

(Personally I've always thought "Christmas in July" is a weird concept. Halfway point is June; wouldn't that make more sense, especially with everyone starting the winter holiday sales before Halloween?)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

I had DIM up while I was looking at the sale today and it popped up a coupon for Wukong 9 Pro Bundle for 50% off. I have been busy with issues in Daz Studio for the past few weeks and hadn't paid too much attention to the sales. But that discount is still good, if you had bought a Pro Bundle within the past two years. With 6 tokens, that brought the bundle down to $36.87. I also found the offer in my messages. I don't remember seeing the offer when the bundle was released. 

I had DIM up while I was looking at the sale today and it popped up a coupon for Wukong 9 Pro Bundle for 50% off. I have been busy with issues in Daz Studio for the past few weeks and hadn't paid too much attention to the sales. But that discount is still good, if you had bought a Pro Bundle within the past two years. With 6 tokens, that brought the bundle down to $36.87. I also found the offer in my messages. I don't remember seeing the offer when the bundle was released. 

I had the bonus 50% off in messages for wukong from Thursday. There was an extra stacking discount on him so I was tempted to get him, but then I decided to wait and see if it would have a better setup on the weekend. The stacking went away and so did my desire for getting wukong especially now that my tokens expired.
    edited July 21
    I thought it was weird that the monkey king pro bundle only had 1 hair option since pro almost always has 2 hair products. What yal think of the strand based hair with the new omnishader vs the other types of hair options? Any yal done much for render comparison as to which you like better? I have collected a bunch of hair, but with the new sales and offerings I'm trying to decide if I should try replacing some stuff.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095

memcneil70 said:

I also found the offer in my messages. I don't remember seeing the offer when the bundle was released. 

Depending on the device you're using to look at new products on the shop, an Orange banner can be hidden under other elements due to some bugs (reported in the other thread I think) but I got the banner the day of the release of the Monkey King.

Even with 50% off, it was still more than I felt confortable spending even to get access to cheap Genesis 3 and 8 Pro bundles (I also didn't see myself using the character all that much, so even for the great looking suit, armor and staves it was a bit too much). I may have pulled the trigger on using the coupon if it was also working on the Starter Bundle (still with the same caveat of not seing myself using the character).

memcneil70 said:

But that discount is still good, if you had bought a Pro Bundle within the past two years. 

I have that discount, too... and I've never bought a pro or even a starter bundle, so I don't think that's what triggered it. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

Elor said:

memcneil70 said:

I also found the offer in my messages. I don't remember seeing the offer when the bundle was released. 

Depending on the device you're using to look at new products on the shop, an Orange banner can be hidden under other elements due to some bugs (reported in the other thread I think) but I got the banner the day of the release of the Monkey King.

Even with 50% off, it was still more than I felt confortable spending even to get access to cheap Genesis 3 and 8 Pro bundles (I also didn't see myself using the character all that much, so even for the great looking suit, armor and staves it was a bit too much). I may have pulled the trigger on using the coupon if it was also working on the Starter Bundle (still with the same caveat of not seing myself using the character).

Offers for Pro Bundles don't work for me. I think I have all of them for G1, G2, G3, G8, G8.1 - except for those I won't buy. During G8, many of those bundles were free or exceptionally low priced and I picked up the older ones that came out before I joined Daz. Most of the sales offerings either come up empty, or are again, things I don't need, want, nor will ever buy. And even when I get a hit from my wishlist, I am still cautious. If I have the required buy-in in my cart, I might buy. And I won't go out of my way to buy an item I don't want, just to save money on items on my wishlist. That said, I have some categories I will jump on. 

I haven't spent much time trying to figure out the sales. Missed the Gift Card again too. But saving cash is okay.

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited July 21

Random sales thoughts:

It's always weird to be in the thick of summer and to realize that spooky Halloween stuff is less than three months away, with Santa and his entourage only two months beyond that (or one day beyond Halloween, if you happen to walk into a store on 1 November!)

Curious to see if any holiday-themed items come up during this year's Christmas in July sale. Last year, IIRC, there was at least one day when things like snowy streetscapes, snow products, and winter clothing went on sale. Would be nice to stock up on some items in advance of this fall's render schedule.

Meanwhile, in real life... I wonder if Daz is going to provide an update for that Presidents 9 bundle?

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on

Blando Calrissian said:

It's always weird to be in the thick of summer and to realize that spooky Halloween stuff is less than three months away, with Santa and his entourage only two months beyond that (or one day beyond Halloween, if you happen to walk into a store on 1 November!)

Stores still wait where you are?

Around here there's Santa (etc) stuff up halfway through October, sometimes even on opposite sides in the same aisle. (I'm pretty sure there's some Sharks vs. Jets action going on once the store closes. "When you're a Jack (Elf), you're a Jack (Elf) all the way...")

SilverGirl said:

Stores still wait where you are?

Around here there's Santa (etc) stuff up halfway through October, sometimes even on opposite sides in the same aisle. (I'm pretty sure there's some Sharks vs. Jets action going on once the store closes. "When you're a Jack (Elf), you're a Jack (Elf) all the way...")

Haha! True where I am, as well laugh

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Items that cost $1 are not really "gifts" and especially not when they also require an additional purchase.