New Year, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113

Fae3D said:

Has anyone mentioned yet that all the MightyMite products (at least all that I looked at) have no license information at all?  There's no way to add any licenses, but there's also no warning about them being editorial only.

All products have the standard daz License unless they are listed a having the Editorial License. They may also have Interactive and 3D Printing licenses as additional options.

This seems to be a problem with all of the "Welcome" items that I've viewed - whatever migration tool or process is being used seems to put the items into the store without additional license options, even for artists who usually support all options (vyktohria for example).

Based on PA comments in other threads, artists seem to be unable to add missing license options after an item is already in the store, so Daz would need to fix the items for them in those cases where the artists want to offer additional licenses.
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,516

Richard Haseltine said:

Fae3D said:

Has anyone mentioned yet that all the MightyMite products (at least all that I looked at) have no license information at all?  There's no way to add any licenses, but there's also no warning about them being editorial only.

All products have the standard daz License unless they are listed a having the Editorial License. They may also have Interactive and 3D Printing licenses as additional options.

Ok thanks, I was just confused because I thought for sure that some of those would be editorial only.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

From the email or the product library?

• Product Library 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

No Downlod Type listed, so it looks as if the files are not associated (whether they were and have gone astray or never were I don't know).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

Richard Haseltine said:

No Downlod Type listed, so it looks as if the files are not associated (whether they were and have gone astray or never were I don't know).

Sometimes the download links are way at the bottom of the product library page, but this time there is nothing. 

We reported it.

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Sometimes the download links are way at the bottom of the product library page, but this time there is nothing. 

Sorry, I meant Install Types on the product page - that is, as far as I know, automatically generated from the database so if there is nothing listed there are no files associated with the product (since Daz Central, which used to appear regardless, is no longer supported).

PerttiA said:

https://www.daz3d.com/z-lifting-and-carrying-boxes-utility-pose-mega-set-for-genesis-9-and-8-female

Is missing the download links

Still missing the download links in Product Library 

ProdLib.PNG
    951 x 586 - 125K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,185
    edited May 28

I understand this advertizement, that you can get one for 4.99 without a new 'pirate' item, and 3 for 3.99 with, and using a code.

Doesn't work with 1.

DAZ_ad_20240528.PNG
    650 x 661 - 882K
    Post edited by felis on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

https://www.daz3d.com/z-lifting-and-carrying-boxes-utility-pose-mega-set-for-genesis-9-and-8-female

Same here 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,378

felis said:

I understand this advertizement, that you can get one for 4.99 without a new 'pirate' item, and 3 for 3.99 with, and using a code.

Doesn't work with 1.

Just tried with only one item + the code, and it worked for me. What product did you try?

edited May 28

Working for me as well. Can you show a screenshot of the cart?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,185

Leana said:

felis said:

Doesn't work with 1.

Just tried with only one item + the code, and it worked for me. What product did you try?

I can see that there now is a totally different selection now than this morning. So the selection apparently has been wrong. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,430

Fae3D said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Fae3D said:

Ok thanks, I was just confused because I thought for sure that some of those would be editorial only.

Browsing through them, I did see a couple with Editorial Licences:

98249 Kitbashers 045 MMG3M
    98252 Bodysuit 085 MMKBG3M

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    NorthOf45 said:

Fae3D said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Fae3D said:

Browsing through them, I did see a couple with Editorial Licences:

98249 Kitbashers 045 MMG3M
    98252 Bodysuit 085 MMKBG3M

That makes it even stranger. For example, Kitbashers 045 MMG3M has editorial licensing, but Kitbashers 034 MMG8M - a version with more recognizable details - has standard licensing.

Glancing through the first two pages, I see items that hew very close to 60s Batman, Jean Grey (X-Men), Imperial Guard (Star Wars), Red Robin, Nightwing, Daredevil, Shazam, Green Lantern, Shredder (TMNT), Deathstroke, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Woman, Scorpion (Spider-Man) - to name a few of the more recognizable examples. (There are more, but a complete list isn't necessary here.)

That's neither accusation nor speculation - just observation of visual similarities. I don't know their criteria for deciding license type, but Daz might need to hire someone knowledgeable in the history of comics if these items aren't being recognized as needing to be evaluated for potential editorial restrictions in the first place.

Robert Freise said:

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

Same here 

Fixed now 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

PerttiA said:

Robert Freise said:

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

Same here 

Fixed now 

yes 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

Hi mods, I feel it's kind of impractical and quite weird that the new USC2 doesn't have a proper store page, apparently - every link I click on leads to the promo page. There are no preview pics that I could find, nor is there a detailed description of what's actually included - just a lot of ad copy, basically. Which also gives info, but I'd like to know, for instance: Which terrains are included with the base? Which biomes? What do they look like? Etc.

I think that one also should be told whether or not to uninstall USC1 before installing the new iteration. Maybe you pass this all on to DAZ, that would be kind.  Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

tsroemi said:

Hi mods, I feel it's kind of impractical and quite weird that the new USC2 doesn't have a proper store page, apparently - every link I click on leads to the promo page. There are no preview pics that I could find, nor is there a detailed description of what's actually included - just a lot of ad copy, basically. Which also gives info, but I'd like to know, for instance: Which terrains are included with the base? Which biomes? What do they look like? Etc.

I think that one also should be told whether or not to uninstall USC1 before installing the new iteration. Maybe you pass this all on to DAZ, that would be kind.  Thanks!

No need to uninstall UltraScenery to use UltraScenery 2. They coexist nicely. UltraScenery2 can use all the additional ecologies and features you have already purchased and has a new fancier biome and layering system for new content.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

tsroemi said:

I think i will just save my money I don't see any advantage of the new system over the old - especially as its compared to an old long forgotton 32bit product.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

tsroemi said:

As a place holder, I printed the store's promo page for now. I guess I will also print the Product listing page too to prove when I bought it. The terrrains are listed way down the page by their images, which if you bought them for US1, you already have. The Bryce stuff confused me, I was thinking it was Bryce compatible too. That is until I read the Commercial thread I saw that it was a comparison chart. Guess it is in answer to all those who have compared US1 to Bryce over the years. Regardless I am happy to see it.

Ultra Scenerey 2 product details are given as

Additonal Product Details Click to expand

Introducing UltraScenery2, the cutting-edge evolution of the groundbreaking UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System for Daz Studio. Taking realism to new heights, UltraScenery2 enhances the user experience and output quality. Leveraging Studio's plug-in architecture, it offers unprecedented speed, scalability, and versatility for scene creation. With UltraScenery2, your imagination is the only limit to the breathtaking landscapes you can create.

Features include:

Created as a Daz Studio plug-in
        Bigger/Resizable Terrains
        Flexible Previews
        Layered Ecology/Biome system
        New high resolution terrain materials
        New terrain generation system
        Compatible with UltraScenery content

It's a plug-in!

Rewriting UltraScenery2 as a plug-in for Daz Studio, as opposed to being a Daz Script like UltraScenery, has unleashed greater speed potential such that most operations are now realtime. It's even faster than the Accelerator for UltraScenery. No more adjusting some settings and waiting a few minutes for the scene to build again. The ability to instantly iterate through changes greatly boosts creativity.

Bigger Terrains

Terrains can now vary in size from 64 x 64m up to 256 x 256m - that's up to 16x larger than the original. Of course bigger terrains means bigger instance counts so UltraScenery2 employs a number of optimization strategies to keep things usable. Camera culling of instances not within the camera view is on by default now.

Previews

It is now possible to preview the instances of selected layers and their biome types within the viewport - essential for getting the camera position just right. Preview tree layers in their full 3d mesh glory - no more lowres proxies. There is also the option to enable previewing instances with NVidia Iray in the viewport.

Ecology Layers

The ecology system of UltraScenery2 is a new from the ground up and allows great flexibility in determining the size, spacing, and density of plants within the scene.

Terrain Generators

UltraScenery2 borrows the terrain generation and modification system from UltraSceneryXT. This means a very flexible and powerful system for shaping the earth with noise generators, eroded hills and imported height maps. Apply displacement maps and erosion filters to further refine the terrain's geometry.

Compatibility

Use all your older (Classic) UltraScenery content within UltraScenery2*. Content compatibility was an important priority during development - you can use Classic Ecologies on new Terrain presets, or use new Ecologies on Classic Features.

There is no better solution for creating limitless, beautiful and highly detailed landscapes within Daz Studio than UltraScenery2.

* Some restrictions may be applicable - such as Classic Features will only work as expected on terrains that are 64 x 64m and Biome layer settings are not available for Classic Ecologies

the non-standard page, and comaprisons with Bryce, did throw me but there seems to be a fair bit of info and there are a lot of images (and a video).

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

The STORE-WIDE coupon really sucks if you only want 1 item to use it on. I had US2 + 1 item for 70% and Grab bag items for $3.99, but all the 3.99 items are much higher because of the 70% is less discount than the Grab bag 3.99 discount. Can you have the grab bag apply before the 70% off discount so they are excluded? It sucks when your cart goes up using the discount instead of down. =/

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,154

Shimrian said:

The STORE-WIDE coupon really sucks if you only want 1 item to use it on. I had US2 + 1 item for 70% and Grab bag items for $3.99, but all the 3.99 items are much higher because of the 70% is less discount than the Grab bag 3.99 discount. Can you have the grab bag apply before the 70% off discount so they are excluded? It sucks when your cart goes up using the discount instead of down. =/

The cart calculates the coupon top-down, so you have to put the stuff you want 70% off first, then the stuff you want for $3.99.  Ultrascenery2 can go wherever. But there has to be 3 of the 70% items.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

The problem is that I only want 1 item at the 70% off. I'll just wait until tomorrow to see if there are other new releases I want to grab at 70% off.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

memcneil70 said:

tsroemi said:

As a place holder, I printed the store's promo page for now. I guess I will also print the Product listing page too to prove when I bought it. The terrrains are listed way down the page by their images, which if you bought them for US1, you already have. The Bryce stuff confused me, I was thinking it was Bryce compatible too. That is until I read the Commercial thread I saw that it was a comparison chart. Guess it is in answer to all those who have compared US1 to Bryce over the years. Regardless I am happy to see it.

I actually don't think that's the case, because they're called 'USC2 add-ons'. So they're present only because you already own them, otherwise you would have to buy them. So again - what are the included features, precisely? Is there anyone here who has USC2 installed exclusively, by any chance? And - dang, DAZ, why do you make this so hard to find out? It's such a great product, why this strange non-marketing?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

tsroemi said:

memcneil70 said:

tsroemi said:

I actually don't think that's the case, because they're called 'USC2 add-ons'. So they're present only because you already own them, otherwise you would have to buy them. So again - what are the included features, precisely? Is there anyone here who has USC2 installed exclusively, by any chance? And - dang, DAZ, why do you make this so hard to find out? It's such a great product, why this strange non-marketing?

UltraScenery 2 comes with 4 river terrains and 5 track (path) terrains. It has 3 grassland, 11 Oak, and 5 Woodland ecologies. These are similar to the USC1 items, but modified for the USC2 biome layer scheme. The terrains vary in default size.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 182157.jpg
    391 x 305 - 23K
    Screenshot 2024-05-29 18.26.30.png
    816 x 519 - 88K
    Screenshot 2024-05-29 182739.jpg
    802 x 512 - 45K
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997
    edited May 29

Nevermind the first part, I misunderstood the other post.

I also don't get bringing Bryce into the sales page, this was just confusing, and if anything seemed like it was trying to get some sales off of another products promotion.

Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on