New Year, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997

Also, until there is a normal product page, this might help for questions about the files included for some people, even if it doesn't have all the images?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/98176/start

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

memcneil70 said:

tsroemi said:

Hi mods, I feel it's kind of impractical and quite weird that the new USC2 doesn't have a proper store page, apparently - every link I click on leads to the promo page. There are no preview pics that I could find, nor is there a detailed description of what's actually included - just a lot of ad copy, basically. Which also gives info, but I'd like to know, for instance: Which terrains are included with the base? Which biomes? What do they look like? Etc.

I think that one also should be told whether or not to uninstall USC1 before installing the new iteration. Maybe you pass this all on to DAZ, that would be kind.  Thanks!

As a place holder, I printed the store's promo page for now. I guess I will also print the Product listing page too to prove when I bought it. The terrrains are listed way down the page by their images, which if you bought them for US1, you already have. The Bryce stuff confused me, I was thinking it was Bryce compatible too. That is until I read the Commercial thread I saw that it was a comparison chart. Guess it is in answer to all those who have compared US1 to Bryce over the years. Regardless I am happy to see it.

I actually don't think that's the case, because they're called 'USC2 add-ons'. So they're present only because you already own them, otherwise you would have to buy them. So again - what are the included features, precisely? Is there anyone here who has USC2 installed exclusively, by any chance? And - dang, DAZ, why do you make this so hard to find out? It's such a great product, why this strange non-marketing?

UltraScenery 2 comes with 4 river terrains and 5 track (path) terrains. It has 3 grassland, 11 Oak, and 5 Woodland ecologies. These are similar to the USC1 items, but modified for the USC2 biome layer scheme. The terrains vary in default size.

Thank you, that's really helpful! 

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 502
    edited May 30

Searching, why does it not yield useful results?

type "olivia" and get 1 result... certainly not olivia 9 I was hoping for... I can get better with "olivia 9"

Post edited by TriCounter on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,487
    edited May 30

dortybassa said:

Searching, why does it not yield useful results?

type "olivia" and get 1 result... certainly not olivia 9 I was hoping for... I can get better with "olivia 9"

There's a known issue where if your search term is an exact match for a product name, it will return only that one product. Combine this with old products often having very simple names...

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,166
    edited May 31

Try "Olivia *" (without the quotes).  Results with have a lot of items with Olivia in the product name...and 5 items that do not.  I looked at one that does not, thinking maybe Olivia was in the text of the product page somewhere, but no.

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,862

DanaTA said:

Try "Olivia *" (without the quotes).  Results with have a lot of items with Olivia in the product name...and 5 items that do not.  I looked at one that does not, thinking maybe Olivia was in the text of the product page somewhere, but no.

Wait, do wildcards work in Daz search now?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,166
    edited May 31

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

Wait, do wildcards work in Daz search now?

It worked for me!  I don't know if all wildcards will work, but the asterisk did.

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830
    edited May 31

There is an orange banner with an offer for purchasers of Ultra Scenery 2; as far as I can tell the promised discount is not being applied, so either something's glitched or there are restrictions that are not spelled out in the message.

Apologies. The discount is working correctly. I think what happened is that the discount has been applied since this morning, but the banner only showed up late in the day. So when I saw the banner and looked to see if the total for my cart had changed, it hadn't. But the discount was actually there all along.

As you were ...

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 963
    edited May 31

They really should have made today's 'Get 70% off* up to five items from your wishlist with any "Extraterrestrial" New Release' a code instead of automatically applicable, since it doesn't stack with other offers and it will often mean you'll pay more on those items. For example, if you buy the Tabitha Pro Bundle, you get 5 Fantasy Adventure Items at 75% right? Not if you have a new release from today's sale and that Fantasy Adventure Item was in your wishlist (and it was released more than 6 months ago), you'll get it for a fixed 70% off instead.

Any way we can get this changed?

Update: I just noticed you use a code on the UltraScenery sale page (https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-landscape-generation-has-come-to-daz-studio) that's an identical 70% 3 items in your wishlist, so maybe they could do they same thing for today's wishlist promo?

Post edited by evacyn on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,414

The Daz+ coupon 'SAVE6' does not work. I wanted to apply it to some items from the 'Extraterrestrian' wishlist sale. All items are older than half a year (interesting that the rule for 'new' products has now been extended to six months...), meet the requirements and result in a total sum of over $ 20 - after deduction of the promotional discounts. 'Does not stack with other discounts' or similar is not mentioned in the sale's promo text, so the coupon should be applicable.

A few days ago, I already tried in vain to redeem the coupon; the constellation was similar. If you can't combine the discounts, this should be communicated.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

caravelle said:

'Does not stack with other discounts' or similar is not mentioned in the sale's promo text [...]

But it is:

Don't Miss Out on Your Wishlist Favorites

Get 70% off* up to five items from your wishlist with any "Extraterrestrial" New Release

SHOP NOW

*Items must be simultaneously in cart for discount to apply.
    Cannot be used to discount items already owned.
    Discount does not stack with other offers.
    Excludes items newer than 6 months. Items must have been in your wishlist prior to 5/31.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626

evacyn said:

They really should have made today's 'Get 70% off* up to five items from your wishlist with any "Extraterrestrial" New Release' a code instead of automatically applicable, since it doesn't stack with other offers and it will often mean you'll pay more on those items. For example, if you buy the Tabitha Pro Bundle, you get 5 Fantasy Adventure Items at 75% right? Not if you have a new release from today's sale and that Fantasy Adventure Item was in your wishlist (and it was released more than 6 months ago), you'll get it for a fixed 70% off instead.

Update: I just noticed you use a code on the UltraScenery sale page (https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-landscape-generation-has-come-to-daz-studio) that's an identical 70% 3 items in your wishlist, so maybe they could do they same thing for today's wishlist promo?Unless it is changed so that it is not automatically applied I guess I won't be buying as much as I otherwise would. 

I hope that the mods will point this out to DAZ and that it is changed so that it is not automatically applied. It really encorages me to not buy today's new releases which I'm sure is the opposite of whar DAZ intended. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

Charlie Judge said:

evacyn said:

Update: I just noticed you use a code on the UltraScenery sale page (https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-landscape-generation-has-come-to-daz-studio) that's an identical 70% 3 items in your wishlist, so maybe they could do they same thing for today's wishlist promo?Unless it is changed so that it is not automatically applied I guess I won't be buying as much as I otherwise would. 

I hope that the mods will point this out to DAZ and that it is changed so that it is not automatically applied. It really encorages me to not buy today's new releases which I'm sure is the opposite of whar DAZ intended. 

This has now been adjusted to use a coupon.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

evacyn said:

Thanks Richard. That is very helpful. 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

evacyn said:

Awesome - thank you!

Elor said:

caravelle said:

'Does not stack with other discounts' or similar is not mentioned in the sale's promo text [...]

But it is:

Don't Miss Out on Your Wishlist Favorites

Get 70% off* up to five items from your wishlist with any "Extraterrestrial" New Release

SHOP NOW

*Items must be simultaneously in cart for discount to apply.
    Cannot be used to discount items already owned.
    Discount does not stack with other offers.
    Excludes items newer than 6 months. Items must have been in your wishlist prior to 5/31.

Elor, it looks like you're right. Thank you! The small print is hidden in all corners...

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

caravelle said:

Elor, it looks like you're right. Thank you! The small print is hidden in all corners...

The bad contrast doesn't help either (it should be written in white instead of gray) and it's easy to miss them due to that sad

• KerseyKersey Posts: 56

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't see Z Hiding and Sneaking pose set on the sales page for today, but it is in the shop. Also Zeddicus is one of the featured artists.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 331

Kersey said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't see Z Hiding and Sneaking pose set on the sales page for today, but it is in the shop. Also Zeddicus is one of the featured artists.

I just noticed this too. It's a fantastic pose set and it triggers the 20% cart discount as one of three items, so I'm assuming it's supposed to be on the sales page. Was the difference between me checking a cart out and not (didn't find 3 items on the sales page that I liked). Shame if others have passed for the same reason.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

Link does not work, leads to the store front page

https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-landscape-generation-has-come-to-daz-studio

I was just about to pay for my purchases when I read: “There was an error processing this request”. Hmm. My store credit is more than sufficient, but I have the new Daz+ membership (-60%!!!) in my cart. Since nothing was explicitly noted except “Not a Daz+ Member?”, I assumed that the great offer also applies to existing members.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,185

caravelle said:

I was just about to pay for my purchases when I read: “There was an error processing this request”. Hmm. My store credit is more than sufficient, but I have the new Daz+ membership (-60%!!!) in my cart. Since nothing was explicitly noted except “Not a Daz+ Member?”, I assumed that the great offer also applies to existing members.

I get the same error, and also have a membership included in cart. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708
    edited June 1

EDIT: posted in wrong tab, sorry... please ignore.... nothing to see here.

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300
    edited June 1

Any update on the checkout problem when you have a membership on the cart? I'd like to checkout soon. I am already a memeber - but it doesn;t exclude us. The orange banner expires tonight.

Untitled-1.png
    1440 x 860 - 352K
    Untitled-2.png
    1135 x 774 - 77K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

PerttiA3Ddreamer, those have been reported

frank0314 said:

PerttiA3Ddreamer, those have been reported

The "dynamic-landscape-generation-has-come-to-daz-studio" is back online, but I still get "There was an error processing this request" when trying to place an order with Daz+ membership in it

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,204
    edited June 1

My membership extension just went through no problem. I used the 10% code, and I had one token.

edit: I did just get an email saying my membership is expiring, with an offer for 15% off membership, but on my DAZ+ page it says it was successfully extended another year. Weird.

Post edited by butterflyfish on

butterflyfish said:

My membership extension just went through no problem. I used the 10% code, and I had one token.

edit: I did just get an email saying my membership is expiring, with an offer for 15% off membership, but on my DAZ+ page it says it was successfully extended another year. Weird.

Did you pay with store credit?

I'm using 8 tokens and the 10% off banner code that expires today, and it's past 1AM already here... 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,204

PerttiA said:

butterflyfish said:

Did you pay with store credit?

I'm using 8 tokens and the 10% off banner code that expires today, and it's past 1AM already here... 

No, I didn't. That must be the difference. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 323
    edited June 2

In fact I am not even given an option to switch payment methods, it forces me to pay with store credit and wont give any option to choose different payment method.

Nevermind was able to finally see "Save for later" button and Paypal Payment went fine.

Post edited by Tomhip on