Website Navigation Update/Testing 2023

Comments

• Sven Dullah said:

So is mentioning that the forums are  STILL BROKEN politically incorrect? I would very much want to hear from DAZ that they are going to do something about it. For me it's quite simple: If I could come over here and have a good user experience I'd even consider opening my purse and buy some stuff. As it is now, chances are slim. You still don't get it, do you?

It is redundant - and not related to the updates store-side.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

Right now sorting price low to high gets you a whole lot of inactive products intermixed with ones that point to missing pages or the front page.

On the other hand, I just noticed that DazCentral has been replaced with DIM as the default install option.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Snow said:

While you guys are at it could you pretty please add a Show Wishlist Only button?

I mean how hard can it be? This has already taken way too long. Is that too much to ask? really?

Thank you!

And when You're done implementing that, please add a "sort by % off" option, too... 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,071
    edited July 2023

Right-click on a product on the promo page; open in new tab; select new tab; scroll down -- and the bloody drop down blocks half the screen. I can't see the main image - primary reason for the new tab; can't get to 'add to cart' without scrolling the mouse - current fix is to just close the tab.

Either disable the drop down on product pages or provide a simple way to turn the silly thing off that doesn't involve scrolling half-way down the page.

To indicate just how enthralled I am with this "functionalty" - I'm currently examining my blockers and scripting options to find the best way to disable it on my system.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,272

namffuak said:

Right-click on a product on the promo page; open in new tab; select new tab; scroll down -- and the bloody drop down blocks half the screen. I can't see the main image - primary reason for the new tab; can't get to 'add to cart' without scrolling the mouse - current fix is to just close the tab.

Either disable the drop down on product pages or provide a simple way to turn the silly thing off that doesn't involve scrolling half-way down the page.

To indicate just how enthralled I am with this "functionalty" - I'm currently examining my blockers and scripting options to find the best way to disable it on my system.

Until it gets tamed, you can mouse over the right side of the toolbar to make the drop-down graphic menu go away, instead of going all the way down.

• The sort feature isn't working for me.  When I sort price low to high it starts at $15.95, goes to a 7.95 item, then to a $10.95 item.  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to any of it. Sorting high to low has the same issue when you get the less expensive items.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,551

TheresaGood said:

The sort feature isn't working for me.  When I sort price low to high it starts at $15.95, goes to a 7.95 item, then to a $10.95 item.  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to any of it. Sorting high to low has the same issue when you get the less expensive items.

Sorting does work, but the ones out of order are glitching products that one can't even put in to the cart. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098

Worse...Home doesn't work anymore...you need to hold Ctrl then press Home to actually get to the top of the page.

• My Environment: 

Vivaldi 6.1.3035.204, 64-bit, on a 1920x1080 resolution screen, Windows 10 desktop.

My Observations and Conclusions:

Thank goodness you didn't give me the image version to test... I can tell from the screenshot I would have hated that to no end, the huge flashy banners we've had for years already annoy me as is and have caused me to make my visits to the website as short and infrequent as my projects may graciously permit.

'Side Navigation' is a temporary pop-out that obscures the Top Menu Bar and disappears as soon as you click anywhere, rather than it being a dedicated space which opens in addition to the website page currently open, being able to be toggled permanently on or off as needed.

'Shop' takes 2 clicks instead of 1 click to properly open.

'Account' is no longer the well established Account Icon and is physically displaced from where it was before, making it harder to find and less efficient to access now that it requires a different skill (text reading instead of image processing) to be noticed and discards years of users' established muscle memory for its location.

'Sort by: Price: Lowest to Highest' does not actually list things in descending order of lowest to highest price. 

Attempting to add any of the improperly sorted products which have any Add To Cart button at all results in an infinitely cycling Adding to Cart pop-up.

'Inactive' items leading to empty/non-pages are litered throughout the product listings.
    (I will attempt to include a screenshot of these 3 points, forum permitting. - Nope, that failed to upload.)

'Search' is not just a Search Bar proper, so it is harder to find and utilize even if it remains 1 click to activate. On a dark theme like is being with this new design, the standard white search bar field would be even more efficient.

'Download Studio' button does not go away once logged in as an established customer.

Scaling: 
    The website seems best (for me at least) at 80% on a 1920x1080 screen.

The big image advert sections, the cycling banner thing, Weekly Freebies, DAZ+ Membership (already a memeber so why do I even see this???), Bridges, and FastGrab do not scale at all, only their text changes size, from 10-190%. Only at 200% does this portion finally scale, it changes to a stacked version with the cycling tile on top and the other 4 underneath.

The product listing section of the Store does not scale from  10-80%; it stays 8 tiles across and only getting a teeny bit skinnier/closer together from 50%-80%. At 90% it jumps to 5 product tiles across, stays at 5 across while getting a little bit closer together until 140% where it becomes 4 across for 2 zoom clicks, then it becoems 3 across from 160% to 200%. 
    8, 5, 4, and 3 are not enough tile quantity options and these chunks do not transition smoothly enough between scale steps. It is advisable to adjust the scaling chunks to adapt between a maximum of 10 products across at 200% scale down to a minimum of 2 product tiles across at 10% scale, changing the quantity every 20% with the inbetween 10%'s moving the tiles halfway closer together.

The What's Hot section and Filters menu scale the most smoothly and properly at each interval from 10%-200%. Except that the What's Hot section does not extend to show more icons between 40-10% (40% is the last time this section spans the screen with a tile count of 25 across, leaving empty space between 30-10% when it could easily reach 32 across at 10% scale).

Aside from these notes, and what was mentioned by others already as other areas needing addressing, the general color scheme is nice enough. I can imagine what the hope was, but it's definitely not there yet. I feel like adding dark/ligh responsiveness to a user's system/browser settings would have worked well enough for the same visual goal while focusing more on getting the product catalogue thoroughly  organized into a maintainable schema would have been the most important priority for any website updates.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

@DAZ_ann0314  &  @DAZ_Steve :

Another plea to, please, fix the hover-over text producing the pop-up image navigation with the slightest pass-over if moving mouse up to go to another opened browser tab.

One needs to move mouse all the way back down below the image pop-up to clear (and it still takes a couple of seconds).

Please, add it to clear if above it as well, and the 200ms delay to trigger that was suggested might be a good idea as well, so it isn't triggered on an accidental pass-over when one is just trying to navigate their brower tabs.

The other day while trying to download products from my product library was a very annoying user experience, and I was just going to try and download some more items, but it is still a prominent annoyance (even while trying to carefully avoid them).

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,817

No, no, no, this new webside design is horrible.
    Dump it, please.

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631

Things needed, in my opinion, to get the whole site well functioning:

1) Generously pay ATI and Overdrawn and get ALL of the Daz-Deals features implemented in the site

2) Make categories classification usable also for research in ALL the pages (promos included)

3) Implement the options to filter items by price range

• Masterstroke said:

No, no, no, this new webside design is horrible.
    Dump it, please.

Please try to explain why it is horrible - a blanket condemnation isn't vey iluminating.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912

SupernalPhantasia said:

Thank goodness you didn't give me the image version to test... I can tell from the screenshot I would have hated that to no end, the huge flashy banners we've had for years already annoy me as is and have caused me to make my visits to the website as short and infrequent as my projects may graciously permit.

OMG this

though it would have saved me a lot of money 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,729

richardandtracy said:

I like it. Think I have failed to spend 50% of this month's budget due to the site being slightly more awkward to navigate to things I like. So.. I have money left and that makes me happy. Regards, Richard.

I must concur. I'm at 25% of my regular Daz budget, and I probably won't exceed 30%. Also, I'm so accustomed to the store search not functioning properly for the past 2+ years, I don't even consider using it now that it works. 

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Glad to report that sort is working again, and that previously disappearing items (ie. plants) are appearing again.

• LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 174

These older eyes don't like anything popping out from the side at me, dropping down from above, or sneaking in from the bottom, they just don't adjust as fast as they use to. 

The picture based header is taking up too much room,on my laptop. Perhaps resizing?  Was also surprised that there wasn't a picture icon for the  Master Class and other available learning resources offered. That fact seems important to me.

Off course I still expound to the KISS theory.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

When I move my mouse upwards, regardless of what I mean to do, this darn gigantic block of images interfers with my mouse. I think it is the top image screen. The image block drops down every time I try to reach above it to reach my tool bar and back space. I use that backspace a lot when perusing sales pages. 

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,859

I can't connect to forums unless I go to Google and do a random Daz question search (such as daz3d phone number.)  That takes me to a thread on said question.  From there I can go to any other forum.  Note, only the store link works from my saved bookmark.

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

mtl1 said:

Glad to report that sort is working again, and that previously disappearing items (ie. plants) are appearing again.

+1

• i find the new design has mroe redundant clicks.

previously, i'd load daz3d.com and then click "shop".

now, i load daz3d, click shop then have to click another button, when what i'm after is the shopfront. i want all so i can see your banners etc and know what the specials of the day are. i know it's only one click, but seems unnecessary. i'd normally expect to navigate to the sub-sections (characters etc.) from there.

secondly, i notice sometimes clicking the "search" at the top doesn't work the first time. i have to click it twice. same with the "shop" button to bring out the menu. sometimes i have to click it twice. could be it's waiting for the entire page to load and i'm being quick on the button, but with extra clicks, i'm a little more impatient.

also, once you're in the "shop" main page, you have a blue strip with the sub-sections (characters etc) so the side menu becomes even more redundant.

essentially, i don't see the point of the side menu other than to waste time at the beginning by making me make a few more clicks than i think are necessary.

sounds petty, and i don't mean it that way. just something which has started to bug me more.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,518

Ruthven said:

1) Generously pay ATI and Overdrawn and get ALL of the Daz-Deals features implemented in the site

2) Make categories classification usable also for research in ALL the pages (promos included)

1= +1+1+1+1 yesyes

Seriously the Daz Dealz Team know how to make shoppers have a less painful experience. I could not shop here without the search assets Daz Dealz brings to the table. No offence but the current site without Daz Dealz is painful. Very painful.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

ArtAngel said:

Ruthven said:

1= +1+1+1+1 yesyes

Seriously the Daz Dealz Team know how to make shoppers have a less painful experience. I could not shop here without the search assets Daz Dealz brings to the table. No offence but the current site without Daz Dealz is painful. Very painful.

yes times millions... Without the DAZ Dealz features trying to shop in DAZland is a pita...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,729

maikdecker said:

ArtAngel said:

Ruthven said:

1= +1+1+1+1 yesyes

yes times millions... Without the DAZ Dealz features trying to shop in DAZland is a pita...

I agree. Without Daz-Deals the store is Daztopian.blush 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    edited July 2023

On my laptop, those giant images drop down and cover the entire screen below the browser menus. I can't see anything else, and it is hard to get rid of them. I don't know what magic movement makes them go away. I don't know how to keep them from coming back and covering everything again. The Daz site is pretty much unusable on that laptop, because everything keeps getting covered up. It is frustrating enough to make me just go read the Google News instead.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218

If I click on the word Community on the top black and white text banner, it displays an image that implies that I can access the Daz forums from inside Daz Studio. Is that "a thing", or is the image just misleading? This is what I am talking about. I added the red annotation to draw attention to what I am describing.

barbult said:

On my laptop, those giant images drop down and cover the entire screen below the browser menus. I can't see anything else, and it is hard to get rid of them. I don't know what magic movement makes them go away. I don't know how to keep them from coming back and covering everything again. The Daz site is pretty much unusable on that laptop, because everything keeps getting covered up. It is frustrating enough to make me just go read the Google News instead.

I found that moving the mouse over the right side of the toolbar, going up or down, over by the search box and farther to the right, will make it go away.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 494

@barbult said:

If I click on the word Community on the top black and white text banner, it displays an image that implies that I can access the Daz forums from inside Daz Studio. Is that "a thing", or is the image just misleading? This is what I am talking about. I added the red annotation to draw attention to what I am describing.

My recommendation is to hover your mouse over Community and then right click on the Forums panel and open Forums in a new tab or window. Then, moving your mouse away from the bloated drop-down menu should make it retract.

jjoyner said:

@barbult said:

My recommendation is to hover your mouse over Community and then right click on the Forums panel and open Forums in a new tab or window. Then, moving your mouse away from the bloated drop-down menu should make it retract.

Barbult was questioning the implication that Studio could directly access the forums. The Help browser can open the wiki pages from the web, but it can't load the store or forum pages (anymore?, never tried it before). The ReadMe pages have a specific style probably designed specifically to work in the Hep browser .

Maybe that amorphous purple blob is "the Cloud" being asked a question?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

NGartplay said:

I can't connect to forums unless I go to Google and do a random Daz question search (such as daz3d phone number.)  That takes me to a thread on said question.  From there I can go to any other forum.  Note, only the store link works from my saved bookmark.

Which layout are you using? The link for the forum works for me from the store and all of the bookmarks I have saved throughout the whole site. I have the picture layout.