Website Navigation Update/Testing 2023

Comments

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

scorpio said:

shame that the vendor link has gone.

At the very bottom of the webpages (right side) you can visit the vendor list by clickin g on "Published Artists" it is under the column DAZ Store, just after Freebies

edited July 2023

Could you also fix the store categorization so that subsets of a set include total of all the items in the set. Items that were not classified in one of the sub-set list would be included in a subset titled "other".

FOR EXAMPLE:

The Environments set includes 6302 items.

It's subsets are:

Structure 2163 items.

Exteriors 2885 items.

Interiors 1688 items.

Therefore it would be helpful if the 434 items not included in any of the subset listed above were included in a default subset labeled "other".

Without the "other" subset I would have to look through 6302 items to determine if any of those 434 items are of interest to me.

Post edited by hjake on
  • ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

PerttiA said:

The Pop-up menu is way too aggressive (and big)

I usually open interesting things in new tabs, and later check out the tabs one by one. Now when I go to select a tab, the Pop-up menu shows up, taking half of the screen and it's not going away without serious effort.

+20!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,731

scorpio said:

shame that the vendor link has gone.

It's still there. At least in the side menu theme.

• HamEinarHamEinar Posts: 106

I'd prefer an update to the forums - but I suppose there's no money in that...

• DAZ_SteveDAZ_Steve Posts: 21

I wanted to chime in and thank everyone for the feedback they are providing.  We are definitely reading through the comments and taking notes.  Thank you all for helping us with further improvements.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,084

Well, two days in, and I find myself visiting less frequently because it's less convenient to get anywhere on the site with the new side menu. I'd probably be visiting even less if my browser didn't have direct links to the store and forum as suggestions already. I already don't go to gallery since it's not in my suggestions, and I don't feel like going through all the clicks. To me, it's not the matter of "it's new so I don't like it" but "it inconveniences me now" and I'm lazy/I value my time (however you want to put it). The side menu might be great on mobile. On desktop, it's annoying to me (like most solutions ported from mobile to desktop). At the same time, reading comments here, it seems like the big picture menu is even more annoying. What's wrong with dropdowns? Why do we reinvent the wheel and make it less functional?

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

doubledeviant said:

xyer0 said:

Search is better. Categorization is much better.

Core Figures pages have been deleted though. It was nice to be able to audition Genesis 3, 8, & 8.1 Core Figures quickly and easily.

ETA: the pages are still there, but you have to access them by link now; if you type them in, then you are redirected to daz3d:characters.

I don't understand why Daz would eliminate a catalog of their flagship products.

+1. Why is Daz removing useful lists?

This one is gone now, too:

https://www.daz3d.com/dinosaurs

and redirects to:

https://www.daz3d.com/beasts

which is a much less focused list - mixing humanoids and animals - and is missing many of the dinosaurs.

Unfortunately, the missing categories also removes some items from appearing on the storefront, as I posted earlier. I got no response...

Also, when I sort from Low to High now, I get a whole bunch of inactive products and stuff that is *clearly* not sorted properly.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

on a scale of 1990 to 2023 it rates around 1992 cool

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098

Sort by price low to high works in my wishlist, but not the main store.  Please don't "fix" the wishlist!

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,518

I loaded screen shots and REPORTED ISSUES HERE. Weird stuff going on in both product library and search results. Getting truckloads of inactive and oop pages under various searches.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,272

Okay, I am getting more annoyed with the drop-down graphic menu. It drops down instantly when crossing over it to get to the address bar or the row of tabs. Someone suggested a slight delay, maybe 200 ms, to let the mouse pass over without necesarily triggering the event, but not adding an appreciable lag.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,551

DanaTA said:

Sort by price low to high works in my wishlist, but not the main store.  Please don't "fix" the wishlist!

The sorting Low to High does work, have you tried opening the product pages for items that are shown before the gift card?

For me, they lead to OOPS or the three that do open the product page, the items can't be added to the cart.

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

The sorting Low to High does work, have you tried opening the product pages for items that are shown before the gift card?

For me, they lead to OOPS or the three that do open the product page, the items can't be added to the cart.

On the main page, Sort by price Low to High does not work right.

First, Hockey Poses : $7.95

Then, Boudoir Poses for Olympia 6: $11.95

Then, Truancy Outfit for Genesis 2 Male: $10.95

then, Atlantida Temple: $16.95

then, Inactive

then, Long Shag Hair for Genesis 3 Females: $13.95

then, Firefighter Uniform for Genesis 3 Males: $31.95

then, Inactive,

then, Vampyres Bane Poses for Genesis 3: $14.95...

and so on...

You call that working?  They're all over the place.

DanaTA said:

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

then, Inactive

then, Inactive,

and so on...

Did you try opening the product pages or adding the items into the cart?

Even in the past, the glitching items have been shown on the list before the Gift Card, in an order that makes no sense, but one can't buy them either. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,340

Problems again: I only see white spaces where the sale of the day should be displayed. 

When will Daz finally start to publish innovations in the shop only after they have been tested in-house, and stop saddling its customers with this work? I'm experiencing this for at least the third or fourth time now, and I'm sure everyone can imagine how I feel about it.

caravelle said:

Problems again: I only see white spaces where the sale of the day should be displayed. 

When will Daz finally start to publish innovations in the shop only after they have been tested in-house, and stop saddling its customers with this work? I'm experiencing this for at least the third or fourth time now, and I'm sure everyone can imagine how I feel about it.

The image has wrong URL, the correct one is https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/media/sliders/2023/july/0723-artist-slider.jpg

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,776

My general reaction to changes is to be negative, but this time I took a few days to use the sidebar version I have on my iMac with Google Chrome and my Windows computers. Other than smaller, finer print which is hard on old eyes, I am finding the navigation okay. I am good with the addition fine tuning of searching.

I have NOT attempted to check it out on my iPad or iPhone. Those are devices of last resort for me because I find them clunky at best and frustrating at worst. (Might be my arthritic fingers are not up to the challenge, than your interface.)

I have not seen the large image screen at all and I would be very annoyed with it I believe if I found it on my small MacBook Pro or the iPad/iPhone screens. Always consider how much landscape you are taking up on the screens and if it is necessary to the customer. 

Mary

NorthOf45 said:

Okay, I am getting more annoyed with the drop-down graphic menu. It drops down instantly when crossing over it to get to the address bar or the row of tabs. Someone suggested a slight delay, maybe 200 ms, to let the mouse pass over without necesarily triggering the event, but not adding an appreciable lag.

After sometime with this, it is getting REALLY annoying. It would be better if it only popped up when you click on an item.

• RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 256

I'm on a Mac desktop using FireFox 115.0.2 and I'm getting the new store pages with the (derogatory-term-of-your-choice) left-pop-out-menu.  I use tabs extensively and will often have two or more browser windows open with a dozen or so tabs each while shopping.

1. (BAD) Navigating takes longer than before because I have to click in two places, moving my mouse around between them, where I used to just click in one place.  Depending on where the mouse (the actual device on my cluttered desk) is I often have to pick the mouse up and reposition it so I can mouse over the pop-out menu before proceeding.

2. (BAD) I've lost the ability to middle-click to open the Store and Community pages in a new tab. (they now link to "javascript" which is not a valid URL). Even opening the Forum pages is more annoying because instead of getting a drop-down RIGHT WHERE MY MOUSE IS POINTING that I could middle-click on "Forums" I often have to pick up and reposition the mouse device to middle-click on Forums in the pop-out menu.

3. (BAD) The SEARCH box is really small and doesn't take advantage of the newly freed space obtained by moving pull-down menus over to that new (XXXXXXX) pop-out menu.

4. (BAD) People keep talking about Font changes but I can't say I've noticed them.  However, since you're randomly(?) handing out different versions of the site to customers then I don't know if I've seen them.

I suggest the following:

1.  Put the candle back!  I mean:  Put the website back!

2.  Take your source code for the "Hide Items I Own" filter, copy it, and change it to ONLY SHOW items I own, and add an appropriately labeled checkbox to trigger it.  Feel free to use the variables YOU'RE ALREADY USING FOR "Hide Items I Own".

3.  Make a copy of that new "Only Show Owned" (or whatever) code and change it to only show items in my wishlist and add an appropriately labeled checkbox to trigger it.  Feel free to use the variables ALREADY POPULATED ON STORE PAGE LOAD.

4. create a forum specifically for Store/Forum issues/requests/feedback.  When DAZ is considering changes to the store/forum and wants feedback on the options:

4.1. DON'T CHANGE THE LIVE STORE/FORUM NOR RANDOMLY HAND OUT CHANGES TO CUSTOMERS.  It just confuses and annoys people.  What if I never see the other changes?  How would either of us know if I'd like it better?

4.2. Create a forum thread for each proposed change with:
     - an explaination of what defficiencies the proposed changes are meant to address in the current system.
     - an explaination of how you believe the proposed changes will address those defficiencies.
     - an explaination of the new work-flow.
     - screencaps from your test systems

If you're dead set on using the pop-out menu then please change my pointer to a mallet so I can WHACK that mole when it pops out.  

Thank you for listening.

p.s.: I wrote this text in an editor and pasted it into the forum.  While re-reading my text before clicking post some kind of butchered warning displayed over the text saying:

"Why have I been blocked? This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data."

and some other text about emailing the site owner about it and mentioning:  Cloudflare Ray ID: 7eac3d77db5705a8

Is this some new "feature"?  How can I be 'blocked' for READING before clicking "POST COMMENT"???

p.s.2:  And again with:  Cloudflare Ray ID: 7eac4c088d4807eb

p.s.3:  Had to remove the colon and semi-colon after the word javascript.  It must have suspected some kind of injection attack.

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

then, Inactive

then, Inactive,

and so on...

Did you try opening the product pages or adding the items into the cart?

Even in the past, the glitching items have been shown on the list before the Gift Card, in an order that makes no sense, but one can't buy them either. 

What gift card?  I wasn't trying to sort an order, simply sort the main store page. 

edited July 2023

DanaTA said:

What gift card?  I wasn't trying to sort an order, simply sort the main store page. 

The Gift Card is an item in the store, when sorting low to high, it is the first item after the free items and items that are glitching (one can't buy)

Here is a screenshot of what I see when sorting the store low to high, the gift card is the first item one can actually buy.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,123
    I like it. Think I have failed to spend 50% of this month's budget due to the site being slightly more awkward to navigate to things I like. So.. I have money left and that makes me happy. Regards, Richard.
  • edited July 2023

DAZ_ann0314 said:

This thread is to discuss any issues you may notice or any thoughts you have on the new website navigation launched today.

At the moment you may see one of two different navigations:

Image Based - which looks like this:

or

Text Based (Side Navigation) which looks like this:

If you find any issues, please be sure to list which Navigation Bar you are seeing along with what Browser you are using.

As always thanks for everything you all do to make this website a wonderful place heart

I have been looking, but I have yet to see the Imaged Based version and I find no links to switch and try it out.  I only see the Text Based navigation bar.   Using Windows 10 & Edge with all updates.

Am I missing something?

Post edited by davidwski_16294691f0 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,913

it does seem easier to use on my iPad than the old version, I can bring up the side menu in portrait as well as landscape view to access stuff the old version omitted in portrait view

• davidwski_16294691f0 said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

This thread is to discuss any issues you may notice or any thoughts you have on the new website navigation launched today.

or

If you find any issues, please be sure to list which Navigation Bar you are seeing along with what Browser you are using.

As always thanks for everything you all do to make this website a wonderful place heart

I have been looking, but I have yet to see the Imaged Based version and I find no links to switch and try it out.  I only see the Text Based navigation bar.   Using Windows 10 & Edge with all updates.

Am I missing something?

No, it's A/B testing - some of us get one interface, some the other, and Daz can then compare how people get on with them by comparing their behaviour. If you open the site in a private window, so you aren't logged in, you may see the other version.

• Richard Haseltine said:

davidwski_16294691f0 said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

or

Am I missing something?

No, it's A/B testing - some of us get one interface, some the other, and Daz can then compare how people get on with them by comparing their behaviour. If you open the site in a private window, so you aren't logged in, you may see the other version.

Ah, that may explain many things. I am seeing the "Image version" and aside from a minor quibble with how the ribbon pops up when I go to the "Back" option in Edge, I like the new interface. While reading some user's complaints in this thread, I was occasionally puzzled and literally started writing a post to the effect of "are we looking at the same site?" Maybe not.

• edited July 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

or

Am I missing something?

Okay.  I logged out of Daz3D and closed my browser.  Opened the site without being logged in, no change.  I logged back in and still no change.  For whatever that information is worth, there it is.  I actually would like to try out the Image Based menu as it fit things and reasons I come to this site to look at. 

Post edited by davidwski_16294691f0 on

Richard Haseltine said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

or

Am I missing something?

Okay.  I logged out of Daz3D and closed my browser.  Opened the site without being logged in, no change.  I logged back in and still no change.  For whatever that information is worth, there it is.  I actually would like to try out the Image Based menu as it fit things and reasons I come to this site to look at. 

You may have a cookie that is causing this.  Try opening an incognito browser window.  I did that, and then I could see the "text based" version.  Still not impressed with it.  Too many clicks to get even to the main store page that way.  I'll continue going there from the Shop menu item at the top of the forums pages. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

So is mentioning that the forums are  STILL BROKEN politically incorrect? I would very much want to hear from DAZ that they are going to do something about it. For me it's quite simple: If I could come over here and have a good user experience I'd even consider opening my purse and buy some stuff. As it is now, chances are slim. You still don't get it, do you?