Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.1.69, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• xyer0 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

xyer0 said:

If I delete an item from Ready to Install BEFORE installing it, will it return to Ready to Download next time I start up DIM?

Yes

Thank you, Richard! 

I should have said on the next log-in, or I think if you ctrl(Win)/cmd(Mac) click the refresh button.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700

Is there a way, or a workaround, to batch delete items from Ready to Install?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,066

xyer0 said:

Select the items you want to delete, right-click, and click on  Delete Package(s) -> All Selected.

Then, to remove clutter on the Ready to Download tab, select them again, right-click, and click on Hide Package(s) -> All Selected.

namffuak said:

xyer0 said:

Select the items you want to delete, right-click, and click on  Delete Package(s) -> All Selected.

Then, to remove clutter on the Ready to Download tab, select them again, right-click, and click on Hide Package(s) -> All Selected.

Thank you, dear sir. It seems I should adopt your moniker, for if I'd simply read the other options on the pop-up, I would've known the answer. 

How can I reset DIM? I formatted a drive, confirmed it was empty, logged in to DIM, but DIM is showing the old Installed contents as being there.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,175
    Did you change your DIM settings to point to the new formatted drive?
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,253

Sounds like DIM is reading the old Manifest Archive (records of what was installed). It is likely in the default location if you never changed it. (Advanced Settings -> Installation)

@barbult Yes, I did. I'll switch it, quit, then switch it back.

@NorthOf45 It's an external in the F: port. I'll try changing it.

xyer0 said:

I get the impression that you are re-installing, or starting from scratch. You can leave the Manifest Archive where it is and just delete everything in it. (The super-cautious in me says to zip it all into a backup).

NorthOf45 said:

xyer0 said:

I get the impression that you are re-installing, or starting from scratch. You can leave the Manifest Archive where it is and just delete everything in it. (The super-cautious in me says to zip it all into a backup).

Thank you, @NorthOf45, that is what I'll do. Yes, I'm starting from scratch since I'm going to have to severely limit what I install, even though it's allegedly an 8Tb drive. Thank you, @barbult, once again. 

• I have quite a lot of duplicate products listed in DIM; one duplicate has "DS" at the end of the product name, and the other duplicate has "PS" at the end of the product name (and also has no MetaData).

As I understand it, the products with "DS" at the end are the versions for Daz Studio, and the ones with "PS" at the end are the versions for Poser.
    However, these “PS” duplicates always end up appearing in my Daz content libraries, but they never have a thumbnail and never include any content. They just clog up my content libraries in Daz with a bunch of empty directories and non-existent products. And uninstalling them via DIM doesn’t remove them from the Daz content libraries.

When I'm installing products that include duplicate versions for Poser, is there a way to tell DIM to ignore the Poser versions, and only install the Daz versions? And preferably not even show them in the “Ready to Download” tab at all?

Whiskeyjack said:

I have quite a lot of duplicate products listed in DIM; one duplicate has "DS" at the end of the product name, and the other duplicate has "PS" at the end of the product name (and also has no MetaData).

As I understand it, the products with "DS" at the end are the versions for Daz Studio, and the ones with "PS" at the end are the versions for Poser.
    However, these “PS” duplicates always end up appearing in my Daz content libraries, but they never have a thumbnail and never include any content. They just clog up my content libraries in Daz with a bunch of empty directories and non-existent products. And uninstalling them via DIM doesn’t remove them from the Daz content libraries.

When I'm installing products that include duplicate versions for Poser, is there a way to tell DIM to ignore the Poser versions, and only install the Daz versions? And preferably not even show them in the “Ready to Download” tab at all?

You can uncheck the Poser options in the DIM Download Filters on the Ready to Download tab.

Richard Haseltine said:

bytescapes said:

Is it just me, or did DIM 1.4.1.19 completely break the "Order Date" sorting? The other sort orders seem to work pretty much as expected, but if I choose to sort by "Order Date", what I get is utterly unrelated to the actual order date.

Or not utterly unrelated. At the top of the list, I get a series of more or less random products in alphabetical order, including some really ancient ones from old, old orders. If I scroll far enough down through the alphabetically-ordered selection, it finally starts showing items in something like the order date.

For example, today I bought the Agma Bundle, New York Tenements 2, and 1920 City Street. When I choose sort by "Order Date: Descending", I get "12K HDRI Maps - Forsaken Factory 1 of 6" (followed by 2 of 6 etc.), and then "1920 City Street". After that it shows random products in strict alpha order until I get to "Zombie Snow Plow" and then, immediately after that, I get the two "Agma" items that I didn't already own (I bought one separately a long time ago), followed by "New York Tenements 2", and then the rest of my purchases follow in the correct order.

Just for clarity, these are undownloaded products: the first chunk of alphabetically-ordered items is not the "Product Updates" section that usually appears at the head of the list, but is actually part of the "Products" set.

It's rather weird (and impractical) and I don't know if it's a data error on the back end, or if the sorting algorithm has just gone insane. Or if it's DIM's way of telling me that I buy too much from DAZ, and it can't keep up any more.

This is on Windows 11, by the way.

Sorting has not been touched in this build, it was changed in soem previous builds - when was the last time it was working for you? Order Date looks OK for me in ready To Instal, and as far as I can tell (from a very small sample, mainly hidden items) in Ready To Download.

I've encountered the same issue. I was about 3500 items down the list before I ran into it; it was the same thing bytescapes noted. As a result, I can no longer use the Product Library to identify products in sequence; so, I guess I'll download the thumbnails to try to avoid searching the Product Library to know whether or not I want to download an item. 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

Whiskeyjack said:

I have quite a lot of duplicate products listed in DIM; one duplicate has "DS" at the end of the product name, and the other duplicate has "PS" at the end of the product name (and also has no MetaData).

For many older products, the Poser version is the actual product, whilst the DS file is just 3Delight materials and DS Library entiries...

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,754

My experience with the sort order on 1.4.1.22 on both Win 10 and Mac OS Ventura is they are different for 'Order Date: Recent First'. Windows is now accurate if you have a new order to download, but the Mac OS versioon is wonky. Today's order had 2 new items and 11 older products, taking advantage of the sales. I had to search by product name and thankfully 5 of the items started with the PA's name V176, so I was able to find them fast.

I just don't understand how one version can be fixed and the other one broken, and then it is fixed and the other gets broken. Can't we get both fixed for good?

On a positive note, each time I open DIM, I swear the opening time is decreasing, even when there has not been an update. Is DIM remembering our libraries better or something? Or am I delusional?

And on those PS files, I often find I need them for the geometry, so don't hide them until you have opened up D|S and checked out that the older DS files work without them installed. One other thing about them, is if there was a material set was created for an old file and even if its set was updated to the new Daz file structures, the material set may need the PS file still, so they will work. (This is true for artists who have left Daz.)

Mary

• memcneil70 said:

On a positive note, each time I open DIM, I swear the opening time is decreasing, even when there has not been an update. Is DIM remembering our libraries better or something? Or am I delusional?

Improvements have been made in that aspect.

Cool!

My download from DIM on the MacBookPro today was in Order Date: Recent First! So, when DIM opens up initially, is it updating itself for things like that? Cool if it is.

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 292

Richard Haseltine said:

namffuak said:

RiverMissy said:

Ok, so in order to get the thumbnails we have to right click on each item and tell it to download them individually and then they are so tiny and blurry I don't know what I am looking at.  I couldn't find anything anywhere in settings to show thumbnails.  Am I missing something?

Hover your mouse over the entry - you'll get a popup with the product order detaills and the full size thumbnail. And I select all the new items, right-click on one, and select 'download thumbnail -> all selected'.

You can click the master checkbox in the header to select all in view, or check individual items.

Thank you but I still think it would make more sense to have an option to have it always download thumbnails or not.  

I would hesitate to allow automatic thumbnails. I have been getting black/blank ones or defualt DAZ logo ones where I had good ones before or I had created ones to replace the defualt ones.

It is bad enough the great thumbnails created by the PAs are being replaced with hard to see tiny figures in the complete outfit for say 'footwear' or something so you have to open the item up to see if you want to use it when you are kitbashing.

I am just glad I keep copies of my previous thumbnails I have made in a Google file folder so I just have to download again.

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 292

memcneil70 said:

I would hesitate to allow automatic thumbnails. I have been getting black/blank ones or defualt DAZ logo ones where I had good ones before or I had created ones to replace the defualt ones.

It is bad enough the great thumbnails created by the PAs are being replaced with hard to see tiny figures in the complete outfit for say 'footwear' or something so you have to open the item up to see if you want to use it when you are kitbashing.

I am just glad I keep copies of my previous thumbnails I have made in a Google file folder so I just have to download again.

If I remember correctly - before all the updates didn't we used to have thumbnails without having to specify downloading them?  The ones we got then were ok for me.  I have not downloaded a lot but the ones that I did were ok. 

That is interesting that you make your own.  I wish I had the time.  I have way too many  items to even think about it :).  

• RiverMissy said:

memcneil70 said:

If I remember correctly - before all the updates didn't we used to have thumbnails without having to specify downloading them?  The ones we got then were ok for me.  I have not downloaded a lot but the ones that I did were ok. 

No, the only chnage I recall is that we used to have to edit the .ini file to set the folder if we didn't want to use the default and now it is in the UI.

That is interesting that you make your own.  I wish I had the time.  I have way too many  items to even think about it :).  

Richard Haseltine said:

No, the only chnage I recall is that we used to have to edit the .ini file to set the folder if we didn't want to use the default and now it is in the UI.

And a couple versions ago, they added the capability to specify a thumbnail size, within a limited range..

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

And a couple versions ago, they added the capability to specify a thumbnail size, within a limited range..

True, yes - I was thinking of changes a while back.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589

...another update...already? 

edited March 2023

So, I made a new DIM package and refreshed to install it. DIM finished in about 2 minutes, offline. Great! I thought, but I had actually forgotten to put the new file in the download folder. Refreshed again, thinking it should take a couple of minute. That was an hour ago. DAZ3DIM.exe not responding, no disk activiy associated with it, but maxed out on CPU time. Log file entries stop immediately after DIM processed my new package. According to previous activity, it should "Begin processing manifest archive..."

Yesterday I did a refresh online to download new stuff. Took about 5-10 minutes, wasn't really paying attention. Later today I did a refresh while still online to add a couple other new packages, and it took nearly three hours to get control back. I see a pattern...

ETA: Killed the process. Restarted online, took maybe 2 minutes to complete.frown

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

I noticed in the latest version of DIM, I can no longer see older versions of DAZ Studio as I used to, nor any 32-bit versions.

Am I missing something?

-- Walt Sterdan

• What do you mean buy older? DIM will show only one version of any channel in Ready To Download/Ready To Install if it differs from the one currently installed). Is the 32 bit option still checked in Downlaod Filters? I see 32 bit and 64 bit versions when the options are both on.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Thanks, Richard. I had 32-bit set everywhere but under "Platform Tags". I also thought we still had access to our older versions of DAZ Studio but when they didn't show up in DIM I panicked, but I see I can still download them manually from my account.

Mini-crisis averted.

We now return you to our regular, non-panicked thread...

-- Walt Sterdan

• WhiskeyjackWhiskeyjack Posts: 51
    edited April 2023

Is anyone else having an issue where you uninstall products through DIM, but they remain installed in Daz Studio? Can't seem to narrow it down to a specific criteria, it just seems to be happening with some products and not others.

I picked up the Cave Ogre for Genesis 3 Male yesterday, and installed it through DIM. Installed fine, loaded fine, no problems with it.

Uninstalled it today to see if it was affected by this thing with DIM, and it uninstalled fine.

Installed it again through DIM not 2 minutes later, now it doesn’t appear in my library, and the only way to apparently install it is through Daz Connect.

Has my MetaData gotten screwed up or something, or is there some conflict between DIM and my Daz Connect data?

Post edited by Whiskeyjack on