Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.1.69, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,990

barbult said:

I got an error message when installing the mandatory update to DIM 1.4.1.44. I took a screenshot of the error message, but it won't upload. It said
    "Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
    There was an error downloading the file."

It's a known issue and being looked into. However, DIM should start and fuction normally after the update.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,228

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I got an error message when installing the mandatory update to DIM 1.4.1.44. I took a screenshot of the error message, but it won't upload. It said

It's a known issue and being looked into. However, DIM should start and fuction normally after the update.

Thanks for the response. Yes, 11.4.1.44 opens and seems to run OK.

• barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I got a similar error as Barbult. Now when I try to update it gives me this message. "Unknown error while running C:\Program Files\DAZ3D\DAZ3DIM1/Uninstallers/Remove-DAZ3DIM1.exe--mode unattended--unattendedmodeui minimalWithDialogs" I'm still showing 1.4.1.42. It opens fine but doesn't seem to want to update.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783

I just updated DIM without issue on my MacBook Pro M1. There is a thread in Technical Help that says this is a Windows issue only. Help on the way.

• memcneil70 said:

I just updated DIM without issue on my MacBook Pro M1. There is a thread in Technical Help that says this is a Windows issue only. Help on the way.

Thank you for the linkyes

Chibimonchichi said:

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I got a similar error as Barbult. Now when I try to update it gives me this message. "Unknown error while running C:\Program Files\DAZ3D\DAZ3DIM1/Uninstallers/Remove-DAZ3DIM1.exe--mode unattended--unattendedmodeui minimalWithDialogs" I'm still showing 1.4.1.42. It opens fine but doesn't seem to want to update.

Does the Remove-DAZ3DIM1.dat file exists? It should be in the C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\Uninstallers directory.

If it does, you can run "Remove-DAZ3DIM1.exe" directly and and 1.4.1.44 could be downloaded from Product Library and installed.

If it doesn't, you can install the new version over the top of the old version by downloading from Product Library and installing.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Chibimonchichi said:

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Does the Remove-DAZ3DIM1.dat file exists? It should be in the C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\Uninstallers directory.

If it does, you can run "Remove-DAZ3DIM1.exe" directly and and 1.4.1.44 could be downloaded from Product Library and installed.

If it doesn't, you can install the new version over the top of the old version by downloading from Product Library and installing.

I can't seem to locate "Remove-DAZ3DIM1.exe" file but there is "Remove-DAZ3DIM1.dat" file. Should i click that one? I'm not very tech savy sorry.

Chibimonchichi said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Chibimonchichi said:

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I can't seem to locate "Remove-DAZ3DIM1.exe" file but there is "Remove-DAZ3DIM1.dat" file. Should i click that one? I'm not very tech savy sorry.

Nothing will happen when clicking that. Download and install the new one from your Product Library.

Chibimonchichi said:

Aanti-virus/malware/etc could be the cause of that.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Chibimonchichi said:

Aanti-virus/malware/etc could be the cause of that.

I'll just download it from my products library I suppose. I'm guessing it'll overwrite the old one. Thank youyes

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,322

I've just had to have my c drive replaced, so am having to reinstall everything. After installing DIM nothing will download. and I don't seem able to connect to the CMS.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I cannot install anything

it's likely user error as I have a new C drive and reinstalled DIM

and that is as far as I can get blush

any downloads just get retry

I have this exact problem - any solutions? 

edited July 2023

scorpio said:

I've just had to have my c drive replaced, so am having to reinstall everything. After installing DIM nothing will download. and I don't seem able to connect to the CMS.

When you try to download, what messages do you get? How was CMS installed?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

it doesnt give an error message downloads just fail. I didnt install cms, is it a separate install? its been a while since i haad to do this.

Just tried installing CMS from DIM and the download just fails.

edited July 2023

This is the log from DIM

Sorry forgot attachments aren't working anymore on the forums.

Post edited by scorpio on

If I click on the Barrel like thing next to Help on DIM I get a message saying

Install Manager is not currently connected to the Content Manager Service

Attempt to establish a connection now

If I press yes nothing happens.

• Did you copy any of your old settings,or data across or is the a completely clean system as far as DIM and PostgreSQL go?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,228

DIM updated to 1.4.1.47 without any error messages and seems to run fine.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited July 2023

I've noticed that if I say yes to update when DIM shows the update dialog right after start, it first seems to update your content before installing the update.  That means that if you have a lot of content you have to sit and wait maybe 10 minutes or more for the Windows UAC dialog to pop up, and if you don't catch and responds to this dialog before it times out and closes again, DIM fails to update and shuts down.  This will probably confuse those who are not aware of this (It did confuse me until I figured out why the updates always failed). 

The solution is to restart DIM and then click the Refresh button while keeping CTRL pressed to reactivate the DIM update dialog, then the UAC dialog will pop up right after you have clicked OK to update, 

Post edited by Taoz on

Richard Haseltine said:

Did you copy any of your old settings,or data across or is the a completely clean system as far as DIM and PostgreSQL go?

Completly new system. I had no chance to save anything. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited July 2023

Taoz said:

I've noticed that if I say yes to update when DIM shows the update dialog right after start, it first seems to update your content before installing the update.  That means that if you have a lot of content you have to sit and wait maybe 10 minutes or more for the Windows UAC dialog to pop up, and if you don't catch and responds to this dialog before it times out and closes again, DIM fails to update and shuts down.  This will probably confuse those who are not aware of this (It did confuse me until I figured out why the updates always failed). 

The solution is to restart DIM and then click the Refresh button while keeping CTRL pressed to reactivate the DIM update dialog, then the UAC dialog will pop up right after you have clicked OK to update, 

A lot of work has been done speeding things up, I have about 25K items downloaded (and stored on an external drive) and it used to take 10-15 minutes to build the list. The last few versions have been much quicker, the tabs with downloaded cotnent have populated more quickly than the Ready to Download tab. If it i still taking ten minutes or more then I suspect something odd is going on. (Not that I haven't looked away and missed the UAC prompt, in fact I did so with this update.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • scorpio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Did you copy any of your old settings,or data across or is the a completely clean system as far as DIM and PostgreSQL go?

Could you upload the log to a server (OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox - anything like that)? It does seem odd that it is failing but it may be that there is an issue with truly clean installs in soem way (or it may be something a Windows update has done).

edited July 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Could you upload the log to a server (OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox - anything like that)? It does seem odd that it is failing but it may be that there is an issue with truly clean installs in soem way (or it may be something a Windows update has done).

Its a problem others are having when installing onto a new drive. The problem to a degree has been solved by following advice elswhere. DS still doesn't want to conect to the CMS though.

And as you know attachments are borked so uploading a log or screen shot can't be done.

Sorry no I havent sorted out dropbox or anything yet.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Taoz said:

A lot of work has been done speeding things up, I have about 25K items downloaded (and stored on an external drive) and it used to take 10-15 minutes to build the list. The last few versions have been much quicker, the tabs with downloaded cotnent have populated more quickly than the Ready to Download tab. If it i still taking ten minutes or more then I suspect something odd is going on. (Not that I haven't looked away and missed the UAC prompt, in fact I did so with this update.)

OK, I haven't really measured the time it takes, recently, but I just did a test with my 21K products on a freshly booted PC so no caching etc. to influence on the result, it took 12 minutes.  That's on rather old hardware (10+ years) with HDDs only.

• Taoz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Taoz said:

OK, I haven't really measured the time it takes, recently, but I just did a test with my 21K products on a freshly booted PC so no caching etc. to influence on the result, it took 12 minutes.  That's on rather old hardware (10+ years) with HDDs only.

I have 24K items, on an external HD, and it takes about thirty seconds to populate the Ready To Install tab. Something odd is going on, my guess would be security software getting in the way of its scanning the file list.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,273

Richard Haseltine said:

Taoz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Taoz said:

I have 24K items, on an external HD, and it takes about thirty seconds to populate the Ready To Install tab. Something odd is going on, my guess would be security software getting in the way of its scanning the file list.

I have a similar number of items. Sometimes it takes a minute or two, sometimes 15 minutes. When it takes longer, I notice the anti-malware is scanning every new .dsx file as they are created, and, of course, the indexer needs to see what's going on with all these new files.

edited July 2023

OK, tried to disable Windows Defender and Malwarebytes, no other AV programs on the system.  It does go faster, but still takes 7-8 minutes. 

From the log it looks like it's the manifest file processing that takes time, could just be slow system, it's a 16 year old 1st gen Quad Core CPU 2.4 GHz and installer files are on a 6TB drive on USB 2.0. 

Post edited by Taoz on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783
    edited July 2023

I have three Daz files on different computers and two of them save the zip files on external drives. I have noticed that the WIN10 laptop which does not save zip files but stores the Daz files on an 8TB desktop hard drive connects/receives new file/updates faster than the Win10 desktop and the MacBookPro M1 which saves the zips, but their times are respectively around 15 min to 5 min roughly. The Win 10 desktop likes to 'not see' installed files randomly and I get to reboot the computer two or three times after checking all connections. This generally happens after an update to DIM and even if I reboot and reopen DIM. It is what it is. I live with it. 

Post edited by memcneil70 on