There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,074

PerttiA said:

Was tempted at first, but have no use for the items in SciFi Rebel bundle. There were nice items from my wishlist amongst the DO Bundles at great price, but eventually cleared the cart and saved even more cheeky

Same here. The SciFi bundle is a great price, but there's nothing in it that would make me go "I really want this, NOW!", so in the end, it didn't seem like worth paying the price to pay more for some DO bundles. 

• Same here. Just $14, and with DAZ+ coupon just $8. So much savings?!

But for a character I do not need, a nice hair I do not need and some piercings whereas already got some piercings a day ago?
    Decided to save the 8 bucks plus the coupon.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,256
    edited January 2023
    I was going to pass on tbe new male character, but $14 for this bundle is a steal to me for the new Neftis hair and the scifi portal alone.
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 265

If you like Sci-Fi it is a very good deal, but myself im more into medieval/fantasy stuff.

• Three of the five item aren't anything necessarily sci-fi. If I had gotten some of the other piercings recently it might have been less of a deal, but as it is this set is closer to what I was looking for and slowly trying to move over from older sets, so that's nice.

But I really, really, really don't like how the vendor here who is making the largest number of masculine, human G9 figures doesn't include textures for the "anatomical elements". The characters otherwise are great, but I've been trying to avoid buying them, though they seem to keep being part of DAZ bundles and deals.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,142

great 80% DO flashsale, thankyou!

• GhostGhost Posts: 93

yeah it was for awhile, but then suddenly the prices changed in my cart.

I guess it was adjusting for the membership discount making it 86% off - which by all means should be correct, for the members.
    And now it disregards that membership 30% off - which by all means should be incorrect for the members.

If that's the case...

• Ghost said:

I guess it was adjusting for the membership discount making it 86% off - which by all means should be correct, for the members.
    And now it disregards that membership 30% off - which by all means should be incorrect for the members.

If that's the case...

It says that the deals do not stack. 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

wrpd_mnd said:

Ghost said:

If that's the case...

Just another way DAZ punishes DAZ+ members, besides making many Flash Sales require a coupon, which prevents using one's DAZ+ coupons.... frown

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited January 2023

Tomhip said:

If you like Sci-Fi it is a very good deal, but myself im more into medieval/fantasy stuff.

...I like Sci-Fi, but not into spending my limited zlotys on the other G9 content I'd need to purchase to even use the character.

At least the "Happy Friday" flash sale only needs a new release of 5$ or more and with Daz+ prices having gone up there is usually something that will qualify..

@WandW ....good point.  They seem to do that a lot lately.  This may very well be my final year of membership particularly when freebies start coming out more and more for G9  I never bothered with them if they were for 8.1. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Tomhip said:

I don't render much sci-fi, either. So I'm having trouble justifying even the $14, after all the spending I did in November and December. I do like the character and the hair, though. Gotta think about this one.

wrpd_mnd said:

Membership is not a deal.
    For the first hour -half an hour - 2 hours idk the discount was at 86% not only did it dropped to 80% but now it allows 4 items without the new release , so it's definitly glitching.

• Ghost said:

wrpd_mnd said:

Membership is not a deal.

The exact wording is "discount does not stack" and it is indeed a discount

wrpd_mnd said:

The exact wording is "discount does not stack" and it is indeed a discount

You're right, it won't stack now, since the cart got emptied and that's how it's going to staywink 

edited January 2023

...years ago it did. I remember stacking the old Platinum Club vouchers (which were replaced with the 6$ coupons), special coupon discounts, and the sale discounts all together.  Just for joining the PC back then (1st time only) you were given a 30$ credit voucher.  Yeah, the value of membership has slipped over recent years. 

Even the Daz+ sales have lost a bit as they also use gimmicks now like having to buy a new or themed release (sometimes a bindle) to unlock other discounts and deals just like other sales here.  About the only good part of the sale anymore are the Daz+ for a Day sales and an additional discount now and then on other sale offerings just for being a member.

Over the last several years I've come to refer to March Madness as "March Meh-ness

edited January 2023

..,well that's a pain in the bum, just clicked on the Happy Friday Savings Flash Sale Banner put a few items plus a qualifying item in the cart, went back to the store page banner to get the coupon code and the sale is no longer listed there. Apparently Friday ended some 3 hours and 45 minutes early.(19:15 local west coast time).

More money saved I guess. 

• kyoto kid said:

..,well that's a pain in the bum, just clicked on the 80% flash sale banner put a few items plus a qualifying item in the cart, went back to the store page banner get the coupon code and the sale is no longer listed there. 

More money saved I guess. 

It expired about half an hour ago (19:59 MST), according to the banner I got from DAZ Deals.

edited January 2023

...still a "short" Friday. I would have expected it to last until Daz "Zero Hour" (which is 23:00 local time where I live)

• I would have thought so, too.

edited January 2023

...they used to put "4 hour", "6 hour" etc on their flash sales, I guess now you have to read the

fine print.png
    37 x 12 - 839B
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,343

kyoto kid said:

...they used to put "4 hour", "6 hour" etc on their flash sales, I guess now you have to read the

Yep, but back then they didn't put the end time and without knowing the start time you didn't know it. If I had to choose between the two listings (then and now) I would prefer to see the end time.  

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

New character Hiroshi --- Japanese name, means Generous, but the character looks more like Chinese.  So does the outfit he's in.

Dana

• DanaTA said:

New character Hiroshi --- Japanese name, means Generous, but the character looks more like Chinese.  So does the outfit he's in.

Dana

Yes he does and the outfit reminds me of a Kung-Fu uniform 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

Robert Freise said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

The ad copy even mentions a Shaolin priest!  That's Chinese!  

Good looking character, though.  Some of the promos look maybe Japanese.   But some of the outfits are definitely Chinese styles.

Dana

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

DanaTA said:

Robert Freise said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

The ad copy even mentions a Shaolin priest!  That's Chinese!  

Good looking character, though.  Some of the promos look maybe Japanese.   But some of the outfits are definitely Chinese styles.

Dana

Well, it could be even worse... he could be a chinese shaolin viking with a japanese name... considering how history is treated in DAZland that doesn't seem impossible to happen devil

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 265

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Yep, but back then they didn't put the end time and without knowing the start time you didn't know it. If I had to choose between the two listings (then and now) I would prefer to see the end time.

Sensible thing would be to put a counter with remaining time, but that is some advanced mathematics and you would have to pay hard bucks to them programmers who are busy fixing broken sales  wink.

• kyoto kid said:

...still a "short" Friday. I would have expected it to last until Daz "Zero Hour" (which is 23:00 local time where I live)

Public Service Announcement:

If you arent' renewing, Daz+ membership also doesn't last until Daz Midnight. It can end at any time on the last day. Found this out by putting off buying a cart for a few hours. Nothing changed in the cart and then all of a sudden my price went up to the nonmembers price and my Daz+ coupon code disappeared. There were still several hours left until the end of the "Daz day."

I put in a ticket and it was resolved agreeably within a couple of days, even with no screenshots. (Thanks, I appreciate it!) BUT what happened wasn't a glitch, I was given to understand. 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

kyoto kid said:

Public Service Announcement:

If you arent' renewing, Daz+ membership also doesn't last until Daz Midnight. It can end at any time on the last day. Found this out by putting off buying a cart for a few hours. Nothing changed in the cart and then all of a sudden my price went up to the nonmembers price and my Daz+ coupon code disappeared. There were still several hours left until the end of the "Daz day."

I put in a ticket and it was resolved agreeably within a couple of days, even with no screenshots. (Thanks, I appreciate it!) BUT what happened wasn't a glitch, I was given to understand. 

I once had my PC coupons expire in the evening of the last day of the month, and was told that the PC month ended at midnite UCT, not MST.  I believe they rectified that as far as the coupons go.

Another annoyance is for many sales requiring a new item, it has to be greater than $5, which excludes many DAZ+ items...

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

WandW said:

Another annoyance is for many sales requiring a new item, it has to be greater than $5, which excludes many DAZ+ items...

The 5 dollar cutoff is specifically there to prevent us from using Daz+ items to qualify for discounts. 

• Sevrin said:

WandW said:

The 5 dollar cutoff is specifically there to prevent us from using Daz+ items to qualify for discounts. 

^ That, especially when two new releases won't work instead of one :(  

This discussion has been closed.